Rate the Unit, Day 15: Felgus

Mikado

Dat Rules (stolen/borrowed from Integrity, which where then copied from the FE10 ratings)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Normal Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get home from school, between 1500 and 1600 EST.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a warp staff" or any other justification as an argument.

- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

- Scrolls do have impact on a unit's rating. Though they are counted as a seperate point, but no more than +/-1. So that means one point for bias and one for scrolls!

- Warp skipping has an impact on scores in so far as "Safy has an high base staff rank". Nanna would score lower than Safy because of her lower rank, but no chapter is explicitly said to be skipped. You can't get Warp and then suddenly say every character after doesn't exist or requires turns to recruit. Something could be said of Xavier, or Conomore/Amalda who are in an escape chapter where Leaf starts next to the escape point.

Ronan: 2.42

Marty: 2.89

Tanya: 3.82

Evayl: 5.02

Brighton: 6.90

Machua: 7.03

Halvan: 7.35

Dagda: 7.54

Rifis: 7.70

Leaf: 8.18

Othin: 8.86

Lara: 8.92

Fin: 9.06

Safy: 9.48

Mounted, 5 PCCs, always good in a tough situation and sometimes useful for capturing. You couldn't go wrong with him!

9.8/10

Fergus is the fucking man, which he probably inherited from his dad. While the dude doesn't start with any weapons, he can easily get a Rapier and an Iron Sword from the chests which should be good enough for quite some time. A high sword rank of C+30 makes him a viable candidate for Eyvel's Flame Sword, should it have any uses left and should you think about bringing it in Manster, since he's only 20 swings away from using it. Speaking of magic swords, despite a low magic stat, a PCC of 5 and a mount makes him one of the best user of generic magic swords around, moreso the Flame one to increase his damage output. A chapter after he joins, you even get access to the Hero Sword, which pretty much has Fergus' name on it. It also greatly helps his capturing potential once you leave Manster. Another thing he has going for him, unlike Brighton, is that he focuses on only one weapon, making him raise his rank much easier, while the swords' versatility makes up for being locked to them. He shouldn't be too much of a liability indoors outside of his low movement.

With a PCC of 5, good Skill and a support bonus from Karin, this man will critical extremely often. Because Karin can be used as capture bait for the Manster arc, he's the best at getting her back, and possibly even capturing the Soldier with vile intentions (hint : she's 14). After Manster, you can send these two outdoors and let them create mayhem as the beauty saves villages and rescues Leaf while the beast kills anything that looks funny at him. His Strength and Speed are also both very good, and while his defenses aren't perfect, they do let him take some hits. While he does have no skills, he does have a movement star to make a turn 5% more Fergulicious. He doesn't really need scrolls with solid stats like his, but he would appreciate a Magic raising one once in a while if you want to make him your main magic sword user. He even gets the ability to use the Beo and Blagi swords later on, but Delmud likes the former because it makes him easier to raise while Leaf has his name on the latter to kill Reidric/Ein.

A versatile powerhouse of a man through the game. Only slows down a wee bit indoors.

9.5/10.

Edited by Dio

Possibly one of the best units in the game along with Othin. Felgus has high bases and growths all around. He also doesn't suffer from the shortcomings of other mounted units; his horse can maneuver around mountains, Felgus keeps his weapon ranks when dismounted, and he doesn't suffer the dismounting losses everyone else does. The only thing that goes down for him after promotion is movement and 1 tiny point of defense.

10/10

He deserves every point. Simply put if you're playing this game, you need to use Felgus!

When you first obtain Felgus, his bases can often turn people off of him. While not awful, his bases do leave something to be desired.

However, almost all of his growths are high enough to counterattack this, not to mention he has a Pursuit Critical Coefficient of 5. (Essentially meaning if he doubles a unit, he is much more likely to perform a critical, only adding to his already impressive damage output.)

His main issue will likely end up being his defense, which starts out at a measly 5, and his defensive growth is only 25%. This is especially troublesome in some chapters if he gets ambushed by reinforcements, and we all know how plentiful those are in Thracia.

Overall 7/10

WTA over Othin. Who's the boss now?

I already rated every single unit in FE5 in my own thread and then also wrote about Fergus in the top30 best units of all time list so I don't need to elaborate more...

9/10 and by that I mean 10/10 because we got bias points

Edited by Mekkah

How is he is "Overrated"? As far as I can see Felgus is about as good as a units who does not provide staff hax gets.

Anyway, he joins in Manster and one might thin that his bases are slightly lacking. However, that doesn't mean all that much as one might think. For one thing, he is just a few slashes away from an B rank in swords.

This allows him to use the Flame sword and the Brave Sword is just around the corner. The only other contender is Leaf.

And he has a PCC of 5. And he gets supported by Karin, who conveniently joins right alongside him and provides him a 50% crit bonus right away. She doesn't have much else to do without a horse anyway.

And unlike a certain orange knight, he actually supports his partner back. If Karin sees combat, she relies on dodging to survive. So if it happens she appreciates the avoid bonus.

And he has good growths all around so he just gets better.

And you already have the Odo scroll. He gets more out of it then anyone else, because of the 5 PCC.

And there is even a skill ring in Manster for +15% crit if you can afford to pick it up.

And there are a bunch of Rapiers around the corner. And he makes good use killer swords.

And his early access to powerful weapons gives him the option to be an effective boss killer.

And once you are out of Manster he get a freaking horse which runs on his awesome sword rank. So yeah, this guy can dominate outdoor areas just as much indoor ones. Which he will gladly do, for the reminder of the game.

9/10 - This guy can do anything, while still being awesome at it. Overrating him is a difficult task.

Edited by BrightBow

Fuck Yes! Felgus is an awesome unit! Solid stats, Supports Karin, C in Swords but he'll have B Rank in no time, meaning he can use the Hero Sword acquired from Chapter 4x, Making him good at capturing enemies. Even if he doesn't have any skills, he's still very good at killing enemies, thanks to his 5 PCC he'll always get a critical hit when he gets the second attack.

11/10 with Bias point, cause he's one of my top favorite units.

35 crit on pursuit at base, +5 with each SKL point gained (hint: 100 crit at capped SKL). +50 pursuit crit with Karin nearby or a simple rapier equipped and further helped by crit evade being LCK/2. To put Felgus in simple terms: "If you're doubled and hit, you're fucked". FE6 Swordmasters wish they could crit as often as he does.

9.3/10

Edited by Sirius

35 crit on pursuit at base, +5 with each SKL point gained (hint: 100 crit at capped SKL). +50 pursuit crit with Karin nearby or a simple rapier equipped and further helped by crit evade being LCK/2. To put Felgus in simple terms: "If you're doubled and hit, you're fucked". FE6 Swordmasters wish they could crit as often as he does.

9.3/10

Late to thread. Everything has been said already. But yeah, great PCC, only a few hits of wielding Brave Sword, supports another high tier unit, gets a horse outdoors, and doesn't switch weapon when mounting. Amazing unit.

9/10

WTA over Othin. Who's the boss now?

I already rated every single unit in FE5 in my own thread and then also wrote about Fergus in the top30 best units of all time list so I don't need to elaborate more...

9/10 and by that I mean 10/10 because we got bias points

Could you link me to your FE5 character rating topic? Looked for it for a couple minutes and couldn't find it.

Could you link me to your FE5 character rating topic? Looked for it for a couple minutes and couldn't find it.

I think the thread is in general FE, and it's just mekkah's top 30 characters from all FE. (possibly inc TRS?)

9.3/10

Edited by Mercenary James

This motherfucker

Only real problem is low indoors move but pretty fucking great everywhere else

He kills shit dead a lot with swords being good and 5pcc

Has a horse so can rescue and capture outdoors

Can grow enough build to capture indoors

He's HOT

what is there not to like other than his indoor move 9/10 + .5 bias = 9.5

I mean fuck he doesn't even lose his main weapon rank indoors

Edited by Fat Bunny