Super Smash Bros Universe Mafia

Kaoz

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for double post but if you going to be like "well then what else should we do then" I'll have to remind you that lying and faking suspicion as well as just complete bullshitting still exist.

Why should town lie this early then? Also 'faking suspicion' can be a cloak for the mafia too. You can 'fake it' then say you were just playing around, and we're all just in more confusion because, you know, that's an easy way to get by. Hell mafia could get away with it.

Good morning everyone.

Playing catch up now, and happy to see that I don't have to be the first to be ball bustingly aggressive to try to put a stop to RVS, like I usually do.

Going to review things a bit more, but Excel makes good points that anyone who has paid attention to me ever should come to expect from me. RVS is stupid, and although it's hard to break from, it's like a drug. The sooner you are off it, the sooner you make real progress.

but here. All this anti RVS discussion leads you to vote randomly anyway? Marth, that's not helping. Why would you RVS instead off contributing to the discussion at hand?

##Vote: eclipse because I wanna vote you.

RVS is the only way to go now! Excellen, do you have a plan? :rolleyes:

##Vote Bluedoom

Why should town lie this early then? Also 'faking suspicion' can be a cloak for the mafia too. You can 'fake it' then say you were just playing around, and we're all just in more confusion because, you know, that's an easy way to get by. Hell mafia could get away with it.

To get discussion going, to get people to slip up. I really shouldn't have to tell you this. And yes mafia can fake an actual suspicion. But guess what? There's a solid chance they have to fabricate reasons or not say some things here and there, and these are usually used to build your case against them later on. You can also compare their suspicions to the role PMs of people who died, see whose lynches they pushed for etcetera. Again I shouldn't need to tell you how useful this is.

I suppose this is a good enough idea though it might also mean the doc/inspect can't target who they want to target. I'm curious, can we see who is on which stage?

If someone wants protection they could post their chosen stage and ask for the doctor to follow them, though this might be risky. Informative roles might have to make do with what they get. Kaoz already said that he reveals who went where when he posts the lynch.

I did and I set it in motion from the first post I made.

Yes. I acted like a mean and horrible person to give you guys some bait for non-RVS discussion. It's a little plan I hatched that I would vote someone who random voted someone and said immediately it was a random vote.

I would then point out that this is not town behaviour at all, and rather a scum move because it's a safe way of appearing town in the eyes of most players, while you're also not getting asked to tell about why you voted this person.

So if you're town you should stop doing mass RVS (especially announced) because you're giving the mafia a free D1 cloak to hide behind.

If this is true, well done, it worked. This does sound kind of like something one would be advised to say by one's scumbuddy, though.

BUT I'm inclined to believe you because now that I think about it you were never that rude, blame the fact that we've hardly ever played together

To get discussion going, to get people to slip up. I really shouldn't have to tell you this. And yes mafia can fake an actual suspicion. But guess what? There's a solid chance they have to fabricate reasons or not say some things here and there, and these are usually used to build your case against them later on. You can also compare their suspicions to the role PMs of people who died, see whose lynches they pushed for etcetera. Again I shouldn't need to tell you how useful this is.

But at the very beginning of D1, Town and mafia would BOTH be faking suspicion and thus both be fabricating reasons; how would you tell them apart? Plus if Town starts lying too that makes it harder to spot lying scum. It's only been a few hours, RVS up till now is not hurting us. And I do think it can produce interesting reactions at times.

However your gambit seems like something town would do (as Elieson said he does this like once a game).

Also leaving for a while, I hope to see more of the game posting when I get back.

but here. All this anti RVS discussion leads you to vote randomly anyway? Marth, that's not helping. Why would you RVS instead off contributing to the discussion at hand?

##Vote Bluedoom

Because let's see... part of the convo didn't involve me. Next off, I had nothing new to contribute. Whatever I would've said would basically have been already pointed out. You know, echoing.

That said, I now find it foolish to keep my vote on eclipse. Instead, I will change my vote. ##Unvote

##Vote: Blitz

But at the very beginning of D1, Town and mafia would BOTH be faking suspicion and thus both be fabricating reasons; how would you tell them apart? Plus if Town starts lying too that makes it harder to spot lying scum. It's only been a few hours, RVS up till now is not hurting us. And I do think it can produce interesting reactions at times.

However your gambit seems like something town would do (as Elieson said he does this like once a game).

Also leaving for a while, I hope to see more of the game posting when I get back.

By post analysis and practice.

Because let's see... part of the convo didn't involve me. Next off, I had nothing new to contribute. Whatever I would've said would basically have been already pointed out. You know, echoing.

That said, I now find it foolish to keep my vote on eclipse. Instead, I will change my vote. ##Unvote

Stop random voting. By now there's enough material for you to form opinions on me, naglfar, manix and blitz.

Sorry for double post but if you going to be like "well then what else should we do then" I'll have to remind you that lying and faking suspicion as well as just complete bullshitting still exist.

Okay, sure. But note for right now, anyone could be doing it. You, me, and the entire rest of the players.

Hold up. Isn't the idea of the mafia to fake all their suspicions? Because they don't have to worry about finding scum at all. Just thought I'd point this out.

But at the very beginning of D1, Town and mafia would BOTH be faking suspicion and thus both be fabricating reasons; how would you tell them apart?

Interesting point, but as a follow up to the above point; town is only faking suspicion if they are taking part in RVS. But mafia is always faking it, but they have to make it seem believable. And the obvious, analyse flips later on.

*facepalm*

plz give reason

Also, I think we may have got to the point now that RVS is pretty much over, so I'm going to drop it. (wow that was quick)

##Unvote

Excellen's little plan was actually kinda cool. While I may have been on the receiving end of it, that's fine, I don't mind.

ps: this was not a rand vote, in case you've forgotten

I think once the rest of the players speak up, there'll be a lot more to analyse.

Okay, but why exactly are you voting him then? You haven't answered the question.

It doesn't help us later on when trying to analyse voting patterns if you don't tell us why.

BBM stop active lurking.

No, active lurking is making posts in thread to make it seem like you're doing something. This is just lurking.

And you still didn't answer my question (and for that matter, Naglfar's and Excellen's too).

No, active lurking is making posts in thread to make it seem like you're doing something. This is just lurking.

And you still didn't answer my question (and for that matter, Naglfar's and Excellen's too).

Oh, I see. Ok, I messed up there. XD

And I still don't want to answer your question, sorry. Not now anyway.

I actually very much agree with mr. marth spilling his beans right now.

I hate to echo, but this.

(I'm at work right now, so my posts for the next several hrs will be short)

Reporting in because fuck 4 am starts and whoever thought they were good.

Well, I don't really find Excellen scummy because I agree with him about RVS being useless if people know the votes are meaningless, and IIRC he was pretty abrasive for the one phase he played in GSM.

I think Marth is trying to get a reaction from Blitz, which he's hoping will work because he's not giving a reason for his vote. But voting to get reactions without giving reasoning is bad outside of RVS, because people are finding him scummy for it, meaning even if Blitz is scum, he can just deflect suspicion from him onto Marth and try to lead a wagon on him. I don't think he's scummy; he just needs to give reasoning.

If this is true, well done, it worked. This does sound kind of like something one would be advised to say by one's scumbuddy, though.

BUT I'm inclined to believe you because now that I think about it you were never that rude, blame the fact that we've hardly ever played together

Yeah I don't like what you just posted right over here. Might be just me, but something to discuss.

And no you can stack votes against me if you wish.

Yeah I don't like what you just posted right over here. Might be just me, but something to discuss.

Why does it seem as if you don't give a fuck? I was originally planning on voting you earlier when you voted blitz with no reasoning but it's gone beyond that. ##Vote: Bluedoom You don't like blitz for a reason you won't say to us and that's why you want him lynched. Sorry if you want him lynched you need a better reason than that.

Can you explain what's wrong with my post, or is that a secret too?