Rate the Unit: Day 71 - Nasir

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise. I will not throw your vote out if I do not support your opinion. Possible reasons for a tossed vote include: your vote is higher/lower than the vast majority to "balance the score" and failure to justify a radically different score.

Averages:

LYRE!: 0.32

Degh. Jr: 0.86

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Kyza: 1.53

Pelleas: 1.85

The Firefighter: 1.98

Ena: 1.98

Astrid: 2.10

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

William Shakespeare: 2.42

Leonardo: 2.53

Sanaki: 3.03

Lucia: 3.06

Danved: 3.11

Mist: 3.11

Stefan: 3.14

Rhys: 3.21

Tormod: 3.28

Rolf: 3.36

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Renning: 4.06

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Sigrun: 4.71

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Scar: 5.03

Laura: 5.13

Ranulf: 5.14

Mufasa: 5.20

Heather: 5.29

Skrimir: 5.45

Soren: 5.45

Edward: 6.31

Tanith: 6.36

Micaiah: 6.50

Tibarn: 6.59

Calill: 6.59

Boyd: 6.85

Mordecai: 7.17

Gatrie: 7.22

Marcia: 7.31

Naesala: 7.34

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Shinon: 7.90

Oscar: 8.11

Elincia: 8.21

Janaff: 8.28

Ulki: 8.32

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Mia: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Reyson: 9.07

Ike: 9.28

Titania: 9.76

Haar: 9.91

Oliver: 384618.6

I woke up early on my born day

I'm twenty it's a blessing

The essence of adolescence leaves my body now I'm freshened

My physical frame is celebrated 'cause I made it

One quarter through life, some Godly like thing created

Got rhymes 365 days annual plus some, load up the mic and bust one

Cuss while I puss from my skull 'cause it's pain in my brain vain money maintain

Don't go against the grain simple and plain

When I was young at this I used to do my thing hard

Robbin' foreigners, take they wallets, they jewels, and rip they green cards

Ducked to the projects flashin' my quick cash, got my first piece of ass smokin' blunts with hash

Now it's all about cash in abundance

N***as I used to run with is rich or doin' years in the hundreds

I switch my motto, 'stead of saying fuck tomorrow

That buck that bought a bottle coulda struck the lotto

Once I stood on blocks, loose cracks produced stacks

I cooked up and cut small pieces to get my loot back

Time is illmatic keep static like wool fabric

Pack a 4matic to crack your whole cabbage

Now that I'm done beating a dead joke, 2/10 just for white pool +bias 3/10

White pool is a BOON for all involved. His... suspect availability takes him down, but he's a good spirit eater. It's too late to start upgrading him and Ire isn't going to help his cause too much. Just like all dragon laguz not named Dheginsea, only good for white pool.

2.5/10.

Hahahaah. 0/10

I usually dont do quote ratings but this, more or less plus 1 because free Nihil and plus .5 for white pool. Another plus five for Laguz Gems. Goes to 2/10.

White Tide is cool though and I think out of all the dragons you get, Nasir is also the most usable. That's kind of sad that dragons are supposedly the strongest race but Dheginsea is the only one who is remotely scary. Anyway Nasir's your only White Tide guy and helps the people next to him and also brings another Nihil and Boon to the team. His speed is horrible just like every other dragon you get, but high HP and res makes him durable enough. He's the only dragon who can even think about stepping into combat. He'll almost certainly replace Kurth, but then you get to use Nasir for a grand total of two parts of one chapter.

2.5/10

I usually dont do quote ratings but this, more or less plus 1 because free Nihil and plus .5 for white pool. Another plus five for Laguz Gems. Goes to 2/10.

I don't want to harp on your case dudette but...

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

Fuck all if it matters. I never use the guy. :P: Hence the quote rating. I never use those fools you get for Endgame. (except Lehran because sexy)

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

I rate his White pool ability 7/10, and give him +1 bias for...

8/10.

Using this as my vote, minus bias.

Hahahaah. 0/10

I have a cousin named Nasir so...

5 (-1 bias)

No gameplay performance mentioned = No dice. Try again.

White Tide + Resistance + HP = 10/10

Crap availability = 1/2 score

Bias for being a Dragon = +1

Laguz Gem = +1

Nihil = +1

Screw BEDMAS.

Total = 8/10

Don't give people points for their stuff. Making your votes a 0.5 and a 6, respectively.

Edited by Lucina

2 turns with white pool, probably 2 turns anyway without it. It helps a great deal if you want to pull off a 1 turn, but that requires pretty specific setups anyway.

1.5/10

Hmm

How exactly can anyone justify giving him higher than a 5 if he's only available for 2 skirmishes? Wasn't this the same logic that condemned Tibarn and Caineghas because they had low availability (more than fucking nasir at least). Most teams don't even have room for him since they've already loaded their top guys / gals. Inconsistencies everywhere.

Oh and i'll give Nasir a 3/10. White tide is the only reason why'd ever want to use him and even then he's a tough pick unless one of the units you brought along is lagging behind.

Don't give people points for their stuff.

And yet Sharpoon (and you) are giving him a high score just for the fact that he has the White Pool skill.

Talk about being a hypocrite...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

And yet Sharpoon (and you) are giving him a high score just for the fact that he has the White Pool skill.

Talk about being a hypocrite...

Well, those are points for innate skills, not items they come with. Having a free skill is one thing, coming with an item anyone can use is another. If he came with the Nihil and White Pool scrolls he wouldn't be getting points for them.

How exactly can anyone justify giving him higher than a 5 if he's only available for 2 skirmishes? Wasn't this the same logic that condemned Tibarn and Caineghas because they had low availability (more than fucking nasir at least). Most teams don't even have room for him since they've already loaded their top guys / gals. Inconsistencies everywhere.

How is he having trouble getting a spot? You've got 16 spots. Only 12 are taken up by good units. The rest are Kurt, shit, Ena, slightly less shit, Micaiah, staffbot, meaning if you have more than one, she can be left out, and Sanaki, not as shit as Kurth, but still not good, especially in parts 4 and 5 of endgame. It's like the game is saying sorry for forcing these shit units on you, have someone who's actually useful to replace them.