how i see mafia ppl here; pats and presents

Prims

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok eclipse i get it you don't like my thread can you stop making dumb jabs it's not like i'm not trying to help people for real between the dicking around

Helios:

I think you're generally enjoyable to play with but there's a subtle difference between your posting as town and scum which can make it very easy to townread you but also means I rarely think you're town when you're scum. Problem is that I can't actually put that into words very well - I think the biggest difference is that while you type up huge defense posts as either alignment, and town they're aggressive and you bother to scumhunt at the same time, but as scum you're only concerned with saving your own hide. Don't have too many problems with your actual play but I can't remember anything amazing you've done as town; should probably work on your reads but that's easier said than done and I don't have any actual issues with your logic.

I think the most notable problem I had with you recent in mafia is that in Filler 9p it felt like you were basically psyching yourself out of shooting Psych even though you thought he was scum, but I probably already covered that in postgame. There's no real worry about "I shot the doc!!!" if your shot would be game-ending if it missed anyway. Gotta believe in yourself if you're gonna play that risky.

Anyway you're a cool guy and fun to have around on irc since you get along well with pretty much everybody when you're active in a discussion, yep.

Kevin:

You haven't played very much lately, so I'm just gonna use Nostalgia and Anonydraft for reference.

Anonydraft you felt solidly town to me early on but you were kinda lackadaisical too. You'd talk about how town needed to vote but then make an empty unvote and disappear for a while, etc. I think this was just because you were busy or something and in the middle of the game it seemed like you were having trouble keeping up, but having somebody's opinion be a blank slate tends to slow down the game. Then around the time we lynched Navo it seemed like you were having trouble reading anybody and I was just all ":X" while reading your posts since you said a lot but didn't feel strongly about any lynch. Don't know if you're usually like this or if the game was just at a bad time for you or what. Then silly redirect shenanigans happened and I thought you were scum but was wrong, whoops.

Nostalgia... I think it'd be difficult to judge your play properly since you were busy for most of it. Your scumplay came off as rather distanced and unmemorable, like you weren't doing much between dropping small comments now and then, but again I think that was for schedule-related reasons since you subbed out. in any case what i do remember was thinking you were scum, get OWNED 8)

So yeah, hard to judge when you've only been in two recent games and didn't seem to be very available in either. In any case you played a lot better upon returning than I thought you would based on past games so GJ. Wouldn't mind seeing you join games again whenever you're not busy with university or w/e.

Literally never interacted with you outside of mafia ever

Helios:

I think you're generally enjoyable to play with but there's a subtle difference between your posting as town and scum which can make it very easy to townread you but also means I rarely think you're town when you're scum. Problem is that I can't actually put that into words very well - I think the biggest difference is that while you type up huge defense posts as either alignment, and town they're aggressive and you bother to scumhunt at the same time, but as scum you're only concerned with saving your own hide. Don't have too many problems with your actual play but I can't remember anything amazing you've done as town; should probably work on your reads but that's easier said than done and I don't have any actual issues with your logic.

I think the most notable problem I had with you recent in mafia is that in Filler 9p it felt like you were basically psyching yourself out of shooting Psych even though you thought he was scum, but I probably already covered that in postgame. There's no real worry about "I shot the doc!!!" if your shot would be game-ending if it missed anyway. Gotta believe in yourself if you're gonna play that risky.

Anyway you're a cool guy and fun to have around on irc since you get along well with pretty much everybody when you're active in a discussion, yep.

This is true, I don't "scumhunt" enough as scum. I have trouble bussing people since I don't really like to do it, and I always seem to get lynched as scum through PoE shenanigans anyway. It's harder to bullshit a case on a townie, so it takes more thought than when you're town scumhunting and just giving honest opinions. When I'm town (which seems to never happen these days) I usually don't have a PR, so I can't really pull a lot of crazy things through roles (like that redirector shit you did in anonydraft lol). My big problem though is I can't differentiate (what I consider) "bad play" with "scummy play", and I end up reading townies as scum and focusing on them more than actual scummy players. Any tips for that?

Haha yeah we talked about this already, and I knew I should have done it. But ehh such is life; you live and learn.

Haha thanks! You're fun to talk to as well, when you do talk haha. IRC is always dead when I come on ;/.

how i see paperprims (pats and presents)

As you all know, paperprims is the unholy abomination that formed when paperbrad and primscum got married and fused their bodies as soulmates.

they are terrible at games (not just mafia) and are bastards (have no father) and also are gross (no, not the number).

if u see this man

plz call 1-800-fkg-awfl