Void Mafia Signups

Paperblade

Cohosted by Kaoz

Read

If you break a conduct rule, you die and lose. If you try to break one of these rules to give your faction an advantage or to otherwise screw up the game, I will go out of my way to make sure it doesn't work.

[spoiler=Conduct Rules]1. This is an OC game. This means you can talk to whoever you want whenever you want about whatever you want unless I say otherwise.

2. If you are dead, you may only talk to other members of your informed faction, and even then only for strategy purposes. Knowledge may not be transferred from a dead player to a living player.

2.1 Don't talk to dead people about the game, even if you're also dead.

3. Don't quote anything I tell you in private unless I tell you otherwise.

3.1 The only exceptions to this rule are item descriptions and win conditions.

3.2 You aren't allowed to talk about your character at all. This is because character names will likely be appearing in updates and I don't want another Disgaea Mafia. This means no "Add up the value of the letters of X" or "Tell me if your character appeared in the last update" or any of that. I am including this rule because I actually like writing flavor heavy updates but not if it means that I'm playing the game for the town. If you are struggling with paraphrasing your role or other night result to other people without breaking this rule, I can provide a summary of your role for you.

4. Do not share screenshots or encourage others to share screenshots. Technically you can take a screenshot if you want posterity of something (as editing is allowed), but you can't share that screenshot with anyone but the hosts until postgame.

5. Play to win, but don't make the game less enjoyable for others.

Gameplay mechanics are things that aren't really possible to break, but are here to explain how the game works. Check this if you aren't sure how to do something, and then ask me if you're still confused.

[spoiler=Gameplay Mechanics]1. Inspection results are not guaranteed to be accurate.

2. Vote with ##VERB: USER. If you intend to remove your vote, you should post ##Unvote. I only really care about the ## tags and the username, because it makes it easy for me to count up votals.

3. Death may not be forever, NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK.

4. Vote ties will result in no lynch.

5. Be active and talkative. The town will almost certainly lose if they don't use OC to their advantage. If you want to idle your ability for whatever reason, say so in your role PM or I will have to assume you are inactive.

6. There are exactly 19 players in this game. The list of players is 100% complete. In other words, there are no hidden players.

7. Days last 60 hours and Nights last 36. If a phase ends early for some reason, you'll get an extension in the following phase equal to the leftover time in the previous phase up to a maximum of 24 hours.

8. You can't target yourself.

9. You can target the dead but I can't guarantee anything will happen.

10. This game starts on Night 0. During Night 0, there are no kills, but everything else is fair game.

11. There are items in this game. Some items have passive effects and others are active. Actives items will have their commands in their description.

11a. Items can be passed at night along with other night actions, which is done with the command "Night X - Pass ITEM to USER." Passing items has the lowest priority in the game.

11b. If a player is killed, the killer will get the item. If they are lynched, a random member of their wagon gets it.

11c. You cannot use an item and pass it on the same night.

11d. If you have multiple active items for some reason, you can only use one of them.

12. If your role PM contradicts any of these rules, your role PM is right. There are still no hidden players though.

Here is a list of known factions in this game. There might be more.

[spoiler=Known Factions]The Citizens of Antioch, made up of the terrified locals of Antioch that wish for nothing more than for these nightmares to just go away. You are loyal to the royal family and their knights, who have protected you for these past years and have made great efforts to keep the peace. You have no doubt they will continue to do their best against this new threat as well.

The Werewolves, a pack that wishes to exert its dominance over the people of Antioch, and would certainly like this Void that's infringing on their turf to leave as well. It is very difficult to track them down as it seems impossible to determine the difference between a human and werewolf short of seeing them actually become a wolf. However, dead werewolves are fairly obvious, as once dead they revert to their lupine forms. As a result, it is not uncommon to see suspects brutally killed.

The Void, a mysterious entity that seems to be possessing denizens of the city and using them as puppets towards some enigmatic end. Rumors say that people who go too close to the rift become changed, as though they were replaced by a doppelganger who acts and looks just like them, but now has some sort of ulterior motive... But that's ridiculous, right?

Signups:

Strider (IRC)

Deliriyum

scorri

Elieson

Shinori (IRC)

Manix

CT075

BBM

Helios

Roxie

Loocy

Kay

Paulina

SB

Rapier

Mancer

Bluedoom

Baldrick

Edited by Paperblade

Fine I was gonna take a break but after ToS I want another shot before I host SF2M

Besides Scorri joined so by result, I am required.

Edited by Elieson

Oh, before I forget, an update to the rules: The only exception to the quoting modtext rule is that you can quote item descriptions and you can quote win conditions.

Citizens of Antioch wincon will be given at the start of the game.

Edited by Paperblade

Newb trying mafia for the first time asking to sign up.

I blame Boron.

I've never played either Roxie. =) Been following Pokemon and ToS for a few weeks now. It's nice to know there will be a couple newbies running around.

Anyway, I'd like to sign up too, Paperblade.

If you can't fill sign-ups in 48 hours, put me down. Otherwise, I'll make myself available as generic OC advice (I won't play the game for you, but I can tell you things like how to strike up a conversation).

this just in, paperblade has announced the FULL void mafia playerlist over irc:

1. BBM

2. BBM

3. BBM

4. BBM

5. BBM

6. BBM

7. BBM

8. BBM

9. BBM

10. BBM

11. BBM