Folgore Rangers Mafia -- GAME OVER

Sunwoo

Are we voting Rapier because he's a low tier unit or because he's scum? Because TBH I sorta get the inclination that players such as Eclipse and JB find him vote worthy due to some sort of poor planning ineptitude that Rapier tends to follow, rather than him coming across as a genuine scum member.

Actually Eclipse, with 6+ hours left, I was surprised to see you drop your scumread and vote for a lesser read, especially for such a Pavise defense of Shin. Pavise is a high tier skill but pretty damn hard to justify practicality from.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darros, not sure if you're aware, but phase ends before then, so if you've got something you want to get out, is it possible you can take a break in the middle?

Also, Rapier's "claim" is really only that he has a passive role or he idled on N1, although the wording seems to imply the former. Either way, it's not much of a claim, so you really should claim properly if you read this, Rapier.

My honest only reason to deduce why eclipse voted Rapier is to prevent a shin lynch, but I'll save any other comments among those lines for the next day phase.

All things considered, I bet Rapier is vanilla.

BBM, Rapier's availability is apparently butts, if you know as much as to call Darros out, you should consider yourself if Rapier's passive role is worth believing and act now. Unless you're comfortable with lynching him.

I'm comfortable with lynching him based on what he's said about his role so far, yeah, as evidenced by my vote still being there. TBH there aren't really that many passive roles I can think of off the top of my head that I wouldn't want to lynch. But that doesn't mean that Rapier shouldn't claim if he is able to do so.

My honest only reason to deduce why eclipse voted Rapier is to prevent a shin lynch.

This is what I seek clarification on. Considering that we have approximately 25 minutes left in phase though, I'm not sure we'll be getting it.

This is what I seek clarification on. Considering that we have approximately 25 minutes left in phase though, I'm not sure we'll be getting it.

Phase end is 6 PM my time. My computer clock says it is 4:43 PM. Unless I can't math, you guys have 1 hour and 17 minutes before phase end.

Eclipse: I haven't been hiding my suspicions at all. If it had looked like my vote was necessary or even beneficial at any time, I would have voted him. And the other reason why you don't worry about being lynched/shot in that you win when the anti-town factions are eliminated, survival optional.

Xinnidy, I think Rapier and Lucina are the most likely to flip scum. Rapier has acted strangely to the claimed doc, trying to get suspicion on him without actually making a case for his lynch, and hasn't been very good in his defense. Lucina has been quiet, as if she's trying not to incur the wrath of the other players, and her scumreads were pretty shallow. I'm possibly look at Shinori a bit later, he's still sitting on me despite it being go time (vote for Shin, you never know what might happen?), and SB, who also seemed to ignore the state of the game and vote for Kay instead of someone who could be lynched today.

Darros, not sure if you're aware, but phase ends before then, so if you've got something you want to get out, is it possible you can take a break in the middle?

2.5 hours from 6:30 is 9:00 unless I can't time?

but uh here I am and my homework is like not done so I felt obligated to do this over that. Your timezone is one back from me, I'm in NS remember? it screws up my tv because I never know when Big Brother is on

wait what I thought it ended in an hour and 15 minutes not 15 of them yeek my decision might be a bit rushed here

as a result this post may be completely unordered

So bogus! Not cool, man! You be smartin' like Folgore Green! I was away myself for the beginning of the game for family reasons, you can ask the hosts if you really don't believe the grooviest dog in town. If someone's away, you can't really gather anything from new content, so you follow the posts you see :P.

My gripe with Loocina wasn't the lack of activity, it was the lazy scum hunting. It's pretty easy to just give a list of one liners and then say "I want this one". However, due to Lucina's inactivity it's difficult to gauge, so I couldn't exactly be certain. I do recall you wanting to hear from Lucina more too. You're also taking my defending myself as scummy. However, it makes sense that I'd do that to avoid a lynch on myself regardless of my side.

That's not the impression you were giving off to me at all. You looked to be handwaving some people's inactivity and prodding others for it. But I suppose I can believe you for this, after rereading I can see what you're saying. I did want to hear from Lucina, that's true, but my gripe was more you did the exact same thing with Rapier with prodding him, while handwaving Eli and yourself (!!!) for it. Either way, this all seems super irrelevant now.

##Unvote

Dude, just 'cause your skin color reminds me of tourmaline and emeralds and all those other things I've been digging up of late doesn't mean that you can blindly tunnel one person all game long. The difference between Lucina and just about every other inactive is that Lucina's few posts have been extremely weak, while Elieson has been doing his share of scumhunting.

I wasn't really trying to blindly tunnel Shin. I posted my other scum reads too, but when you're under the time limit of "you have to leave within like 8 minutes or you'll miss the bus and be in eternal shit" I don't really have time to expound on everything. Once again I'm in a pickle since apparently phase ends an hour ahead of when I thought it did. Grilled cheezus.

There's two wagons right now, and I won't be back to do anything about it. I'm positive Shin's wagon will be a mislynch (positive enough that'd I'd prefer anyone else over Shin's lynch, including myself), and even though I'd rather have one of Lucina/Baldrick lynched today:

Sorry dude, but it's going to a modkill before I vote Shin.

Why are you so positive that shin is going to be a mislynch? I can definitely see it as a possibility, but not a guarantee, you're being a bit defensive here without just cause, I think. For all I know it could be a hyperbole though, but do you seriously want Shin to live that much? I don't see it as a SUPER PRIORITY. I mean I'd definitely rather have our claimed doctor alive instead of Shin. That was worded weirdly om ((I know you won't be able to reply to this today, sorry my timing isn't so great tonight as you can tell))

I don't like the easy dismissal of the idea that Rapier could be scum, and the inactive prodding at the end is kind of filler. The Baldrick scumread seems pretty filler here as I don't remember Kay mentioning that she thought he was scum, although she did question JB about it once.

And then there's this post, coming slightly earlier. Where Shin is apparently a weak scumread, in contrast with the next post. In between that post, Shin made stuff that looked BETTER, but then for some reason your scumread changed from weak to strong, after he started looking more town. Where's the logic in that?

##Vote: Kay

This vote seems to have completely from left wing. "Shin looking better" is a subjective thing. Perhaps Kay didn't agree with you in that he looked better. IMO, he didn't actually post stuff that looked better..

Oh dear, not groovy. I'm actually saying stuff now because I have to kinda defend myself :P.

With posts that contain things like this, it isn't exactly giving me town vibes from him.

Right now my big suspicion thinger has shifted to Lucina. Posts from her have been mostly listposts, and haven't really expounded too much on any one thought. And then after votes piled up on her, she disappeared. This looks incredibly suspicious, since I know she's been on since her last post, which was 14 hours ago. Sadly, I know that Lucina's been going through a really tragic event IRL. However, this is a game, and not speaking might just be a tactical move on her part. If her inactivity comes as a result of her IRL business and this is a mislynch I'll feel awful, but it's for the sake of the game..

##I'm Sorry: Lucina

With so little time left in the phase, I can't really request a reply here, which kind of sucks. She's obviously not going to post again in the phase which leaves me with this.

this post is kind of messy but deadline is like now aingiosda ngsd

too tired for this

Phase end is 6 PM my time. My computer clock says it is 4:43 PM. Unless I can't math, you guys have 1 hour and 17 minutes before phase end.

what

really

what

;/

I did all that in HASTE MODE and then saw this

so unamused

my vote stays anyway for now let me sort things out here

i should be doing homework

ah

tired

I'm not going to go through the trouble of posting phase end times for different time zones if people aren't going to math correctly.

if you know that lucy's going through something bad irl then that's no reason to vote for her

i really don't think she'd avoid posting as a "tactical advantage" or whatever you call it

still feel a rapier lynch is best, don't like lynching shin, and if lucy's going through something bad i'd feel horrible about lynching her

anyway i need to log out to do some school stuff so byebye

You can explain it as many times as you want, and every single time I'll come back and say that your reasoning made no sense. I perfectly agree that there was no reason to continue piling votes on Sho earlier in the phase when he was being inactive. However, what I disagree with was you voting Sho at the very end, because you had no reason to. I could have voted Sho at the end of the phase, but I didn't. Why? Because it was absolutely pointless. There's no difference between a 7-vote wagon and a 14-vote wagon - Either way, the same person gets lynched. Why the need to reaffirm your dislike of Sho with a vote when you could have done it through words?

1. you were the last vote

2. you had said earlier on that there was no point in voting sho

1. I didn't reaffirm my dislike on Sho by voting him, as I had stated before why I wanted to have him lynched. Is there a need to repeat myself? I think it would be worse if I hadn't voted him, because then I wouldn't be pursuing my scum read.

2. I said that EARLIER. Like, on mid D1.

Now, talking about stance... I realize my vote on Shin was weak, and I mistook his PR with his actual words. Actually, after reading his posts, I must say I like his points. So, it's time to change my stance.

I dislike Baldrick for the way he wanted to preserve himself on D1 by not voting Sho and bothering too much with how he's going to look to other players. Actually, clipsey addresses this best on her post #462.

##Vote: Baldrick

Eclipse: I haven't been hiding my suspicions at all. If it had looked like my vote was necessary or even beneficial at any time, I would have voted him. And the other reason why you don't worry about being lynched/shot in that you win when the anti-town factions are eliminated, survival optional.

Why wasn't your vote on Sho beneficial? Based on your own words, you wanted to keep your self preservation and not vote Sho to hammer. This is far from being a town behavior if you wanted to keep your image, and besides, it could've been used as an excuse to keep Sho alive for more time if you are scum. None of these cases seem good for you.

Xinnidy, I think Rapier and Lucina are the most likely to flip scum. Rapier has acted strangely to the claimed doc, trying to get suspicion on him without actually making a case for his lynch, and hasn't been very good in his defense. Lucina has been quiet, as if she's trying not to incur the wrath of the other players, and her scumreads were pretty shallow. I'm possibly look at Shinori a bit later, he's still sitting on me despite it being go time (vote for Shin, you never know what might happen?), and SB, who also seemed to ignore the state of the game and vote for Kay instead of someone who could be lynched today.

I didn't like Mancer's attitude. I admit I voted him out of derpness, but this is not an argument... I honestly can't play more than one games at once, my memory sucks and I mistake a lot of things for each other. Lucina made a rather weak post, but she justified before why she wanted to lynch whoever-was-it, so I think this post of hers is more of an addendum than anything.

Also, we have no confirmation that Mancer is indeed the Doctor. I remember a Mafia where we all thought the Cop was town, until Bizz was the only one who doubted that player's claim and lynched him by D3 because of his bad behavior + she believed there was something wrong with town power roles. So, while the chances of Mancer being town is high and everyone who thinks about lynching him at this point is derpy, we still can't say for sure that he's the Doc. If he does something I believe is wrong, I'll call him for it, either way. I won't pat on his head just from a claim.

JBCWK (1): Mancer

Rapier (5): BBM, Baldrick, JB, Shin, eclipse

Shin (1): Scorri

Lucina (3): Elieson, Xinnidy, Darros

Baldrick (2): Shinori, Rapier

Kay (1): SB

With 15 players alive, 5 votes are needed to lynch and 10 votes are needed to hammer. You have 43 minutes left in the phase.

Where the fuck are my cohosts

Edited by Sangyul

if you know that lucy's going through something bad irl then that's no reason to vote for her

i really don't think she'd avoid posting as a "tactical advantage" or whatever you call it

I know and I'm bad and I feel bad but the difference this time from last time is she's clearly online and I don't know the specifics of the event now and ugh

I almost want to unvote from a moral standpoint because this makes me feel awful but it's a game and I don't think that she's not posting because of the event, I think she's not posting because she doesn't want to; she's doing it on purpose

but I can't guarantee that for sure and I feel bad

still feel a rapier lynch is best, don't like lynching shin, and if lucy's going through something bad i'd feel horrible about lynching her

I actually wouldn't be completely against a Rapier lynch. He's been pretty all over the place, posting things that express confusion and panic so early on into the phase, and then voting the claimed doctor. However, I still want to vote Lucina due to me not having a good feeling towards all of this. She is online and active elsewhere, so I doubt that she's too busy to participate in mafia.

Also, we have no confirmation that Mancer is indeed the Doctor. I remember a Mafia where we all thought the Cop was town, until Bizz was the only one who doubted that player's claim and lynched him by D3 because of his bad behavior + she believed there was something wrong with town power roles. So, while the chances of Mancer being town is high and everyone who thinks about lynching him at this point is derpy, we still can't say for sure that he's the Doc. If he does something I believe is wrong, I'll call him for it, either way. I won't pat on his head just from a claim.

Is word of mouth not enough for our current state? We have nothing due to that roleblock that happened. We're going to go with an assumption, and we shouldn't be even thinking of voting a claimed doctor. And do you not think that we would have a counterclaim if Mancer is lying? What kind of game would exclude a doctor? I brought up the idea of it being a fakeclaim on Day 1, and it was pretty much said that a doctor fakeclaim would be idiotic. Yeah, Mancer was all over the place D1 but you can't simply discount the claim right?

kefka.gif okay getting my bearings back together now kefka.gif

I actually have time to make a post again which is wicked sweet ahahahaha caclulus and biology what are that

Lucina, I have 0 reason to unvote you unless you make a post actually explaining yourself or something. My statement does still stand about how you've been acting. You've mysteriously vanished and that is not cool. Not responding to defend yourself is not making you look good at all. And this is going against what I said before about voting busy people but this is seriously just striking me too badly, like you're purposefully not posting because you don't want to defend. You're clearly online right now as I post. ;/

I'm not going to go through the trouble of posting phase end times for different time zones if people aren't going to math correctly.

I had it right in the first place, but if people are going to say that it's ending earlier than it really is, I don't want to risk losing out on my post.

this post was supposed to go before the one I just posted >:U

apparently I'm too tired to post correctly

and now I'm going back to homework because I seriously have shit due tomorrow but I'll keep the window open and refresh it sometimes

Rapier don't ignore the questions thrown at you.

I'm going to be straightforward and ask in BBM's stead again though I'm pretty confident I know it: What is your claim.

We should give Lucina a chance to recover, but we can't do that indefinitely. I don't want to sound heartless, but at some point she's got to either post a bit more or sub out.

Rapier, the Sho vote would do absolutely nothing, except possibly hammer him without giving him a chance to claim.