Folgore Rangers Mafia -- GAME OVER

Sunwoo

This is just it. We don't know anything about the mass-hook other than that the town was hooked by it. For all we know, it could be a mafia mass-hook that also hooks the mafia. It could even be a town mass-hook (though the decision to use it so early was questionable in that case). Discussing so much about it is pointless.

This needs to be framed and put at the beginning of every update until people get the hint.

@Rapier: You're about as out of this game than I am. It's a bad day for soccerland today. :<

Don't give big hints to your role when it's not necessary, if I got what you meant right, that's very counter intuitive.

Your vote on Mancer is... quite a mess. I really hope you have some other scumread that you can build on soon.

And Sho roleclaimed Doc, why are people still mixing those two up?

@SHIN: Y so british.

I'm talking about your previous Doofina vote, it gave me an OMGUS vibe that's hard to ignore. I'm not a fan of Lucy's listpost and I'm pretty sure not many others are, but your reasoning to vote her is about as weak as you claim her reads to be. I'd expect you to build a bigger case on her later to justify yourself better, but instead you quickly switch and go for superblunderingman Rapier? I do think this is worth questioning more, I don't have the best wording and focus right now, but I think you don't make enough sense.

##Vote: Shin

I want to hear a better reasoning to why you voted Lucina, though I can wait to see what other people think of this debate with Rapier for now.

I see people with thoughts on Mancer and it does hold some good merit. Though I think it's more prudent to wait right now. Or it can be just me trying to pull this game aside and get done with this post. My motivation is terrible and I should get it fixed asap.

Shin voting Lucina for having weak reasoning isn't an OMGUS. Y'know what looks more like an OMGUS?

Also, I believe Shin is tunneling agaisnt me too hard. He quoted an entire post with questions toward other players, yet he made sure to quote it all and reply. Not to mention he is also distorting my words regarding Lucy, Mancer and my reasons to vote Sho. If he believes my reasons to vote Sho weren't adamant, then why does he believe I'm scum that voted him to get towncred? I only voted him by the end, and he was the biggest wagon, who did he expect me to vote? Even so, I find my reasons to vote Sho legit, and I'm glad our gambit gave out results.

##Vote: Shin

The vibe I get here is "totally not mellow, hello hello". In other words, there's stuff I don't like for personal reasons ("why me" = fry me, and blame Snike for that). However, voting someone because my emotions want me to is what I'd expect out of a benchwarmer-tier mafia player.

I'd rather not lynch Shin, because I think the Shin wagon is made up of something that looks like an OMGUS (Rapier), someone that used the wrong definition of OMGUS as half of a justification (Xinnidy), and "hi I'm not fully here yet" (scorri). I think the initial justification for Rapier's case was weak, but his reactions to it have been bad. However, there's two things that make me think that Rapier might not be a good lynch target today.

1. Baldrick had the weirdest suspicion on him early D2.

2. Lucina had a "case" against him for the same reason as Shin.

While I won't discount the possibility of a bus, the fact that Baldrick's last response was a defense-only with no reads (that's what pushed me past my formerly neutral read) and Lucina's scum reads are weakly justified make me think that I'd rather have one of those two lynched instead. From my N1 notes, Baldrick wasn't a huge priority, but Lucina was right after JB (due to her views on Sho before disappearing; that was a gut read, but her D2 activity makes me think my gut might be right).

##Unvote

##Vote: Lucina

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sho did nothing of any value, all he did was rage against Mancer. Sho is angry at the best of times, I don't think he swayed anyone's opinion on anyone but himself.

He didn't ask whether you thought Sho was useless, we definitely all agree on that. He asked whether you thought Sho's behavior had also been scummy.

Read this, Kay.

So after all this, you have no new reads?

apologies for being much more wary of a claimed doctor (who claimed 20 minutes before what he believed was phase end) than claimed miller or anybody else

What's so suspicious about the timing of Mancer's claim? I can kinda see how you might say he'd only fakeclaim as a last resort if he's scum, but I don't think it's that much of an argument against him. Is there anything more to it than that?

Regarding my vote on JB, it's not there for a weak reason. I find him scummy and want him to explain his actions which he hss failed to do sufficiently well (to me, anyway). I'm confident that JB will flip scum because that's the way he seems to play when he's scum.

If you're so confident he'll flip scum, then why would you imply that you might remove your vote for him if his content improves? Are you not actually that confident, or did your opinion of him change?

looking at baldrick posts, quite a bit of his D1 isn't that good (voting Elie over Sho, not doing anything productive with his vote for a long time) but his D2's been... decent, I suppose. I guess you could say he was defending Sho with his Elie vote, but I'm not seeing that strong a link.

This looks kinda waffly. It looks like your read on Baldrick is more scummy than not?

Can SB get a prod, btw? I don't think he's posted at all this phase.

I prodded SB earlier this phase. He gave me reason for his absence so I am excusing it on the condition that he posts something before deadline.

Shin’s groove fills me with courage! He makes some good points against Lucina and Rapier, and seems to be on the ball. Would not lynch.

Rapier, I understand why you are suspicious of Mancer, but that doesn’t explain why you were weighing up his lynch? You saw Mancer’s claim, so you should have got rid of it. If you felt the read you had was useful information, you could have posted it without talking about the lynch.

Dat Mancer vote. You were using it to emphasize a point on someone you don’t necessarily want lynched, which is what you were accusing Mancer of doing...

Your attack on Shin has some weak points. You said Shin was distorting your words when he used an unaltered quote from you. You’re confusing what I assume to be PR with his actual feelings (unless Shin actually thought JB’s post was cool?) You said you had weak reasons against Lucina, but told me earlier you were mostly prodding her? If you have reasons, even if they’re weak, they’re better than nothing at all.

Seems like Baldrick was more worried about how he'd look to the other players than worried about scumhunting and going for someone he finds scum.

I need to have some sense of self-preservation! I’m not going to make myself a false positive when the only thing it would do is push Sho one closer to being hammered.

Elieson also reads my mind on Lucina. Speccing to that extent is simply not worth it, not to mention being totally miserly with your vote.

Shinori I think you’re putting too much weight on first impressions. There seemed to be a RL reason why Shin was inactive early on, and saying “his activity only jumped because he was under pressure” is convenient because it means you can keep your vote on him either way. Is there actually anything wrong with what he’s been saying?

Eclipse, everything I do is weird! If you're wondering, the suspicion on Rapier came about because his was one of the ISOs I read during the night.

@JB

I'll explain that to you for the third time, in response to your post #290. I didn't vote Sho because it was useless at the time and there were other people voting him for the same reasons as I, so I wouldn't get any more info than them. So, I decided to focus more in other players, such as Mancer and Lucy (because I suck at mafia and I can't keep notes about every single player's posts and points through walls of text and 20 in-thread pages). As we were getting closer to the deadline, I decided to ultimately vote Sho because I preferred a lynch over him than a lynch over Mancer, because at least Mancer was more helpful than MadOracleWhoLikesMeta!Sho and the latter hadn't claimed Doc.

Can you get new motives agaisnt me already? This is getting repetitive and forced as hell. >_>

I also wonder about this. Why is my case different than the others'? Why am I the only one who wanted to get towncred by voting Sho by the end of the phase? I had justified many times before why I found him scummy, so why does it seem so wrong that I voted him by the end, especially because he was the only player aside from Mancer that seemed to be getting lynched on D1 end?

You can explain it as many times as you want, and every single time I'll come back and say that your reasoning made no sense. I perfectly agree that there was no reason to continue piling votes on Sho earlier in the phase when he was being inactive. However, what I disagree with was you voting Sho at the very end, because you had no reason to. I could have voted Sho at the end of the phase, but I didn't. Why? Because it was absolutely pointless. There's no difference between a 7-vote wagon and a 14-vote wagon - Either way, the same person gets lynched. Why the need to reaffirm your dislike of Sho with a vote when you could have done it through words?

1. you were the last vote

2. you had said earlier on that there was no point in voting sho

Regarding my vote on JB, it's not there for a weak reason. I find him scummy and want him to explain his actions which he hss failed to do sufficiently well (to me, anyway). I'm confident that JB will flip scum because that's the way he seems to play when he's scum.

bull fucking shit

you have played ONE game with me where i was scum

i was inactive for everything aside from d1

you are not allowed to make retarded claims like this

Coincidentally the only games i've played with you were when you were scum. Interesting choice of argument.

What's so suspicious about the timing of Mancer's claim? I can kinda see how you might say he'd only fakeclaim as a last resort if he's scum, but I don't think it's that much of an argument against him. Is there anything more to it than that?

This looks kinda waffly. It looks like your read on Baldrick is more scummy than not?

I'm probably super wary of late claiming a role nobody would lynch like that. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't show anything about Mancer being town or scum.

I've got a null on Baldrick, actually, because his play all game has rounded out at average and I'm... not really seeing his "defense" of Sho.

Not feeling Shin lynch at all, Lucina's content admittedly hasn't been good at all but I'm still not 100% comfortable with lynching her. Also don't really get eclipse's read on Lucy and Sho, but nyeh.

Okay, noted, and--

I need to have some sense of self-preservation! I’m not going to make myself a false positive when the only thing it would do is push Sho one closer to being hammered.

WAT. I can see two different ways of interpreting this, and neither of them are townish interpretations.

Eclipse, everything I do is weird! If you're wondering, the suspicion on Rapier came about because his was one of the ISOs I read during the night.

My N1 notes for Rapier say "exist, dammit", but whatever floats your boat.

Also don't really get eclipse's read on Lucy and Sho, but nyeh.

Lucina's one mention of Sho during D1 is somewhat wishy-washy, which caught my attention.

Kay's caught my attention due to a complete lack of reads during D2 (especially since she's getting on Mancer's case for the same thing) and no vote. There's less than 24 hours in the phase; who do you want lynched and why?

[07:59:55] Boron: SB, you have been prodded just so you know

[08:00:03] Boron: Make at least one post before phase deadline

[08:00:09] Boron: it can be something as worthless as "I like waffles"

[08:00:22] SB: Exam in 2 hours boron

[08:00:28] Boron: It doesn't have to be now

[08:00:31] SB: I'll do something when I get back

Kay's caught my attention due to a complete lack of reads during D2 (especially since she's getting on Mancer's case for the same thing) and no vote. There's less than 24 hours in the phase; who do you want lynched and why?

Wouldn't mind a Baldrick lynch. Mancer's my top scumread but I don't wanna lynch him this phase at least. Shin's uptick in activity makes him look more townish, but otherwise he doesn't look great. Probably I'd narrowly prefer that he be lynched, but it's mostly that I have a tie for second scummiest and I feel like lynching him would be more informative. Rapier doesn't look great, but then again he's Rapier and he never looks that great, so he's only a minor scumread. I also kinda feel like scum might be trying to frame him for aforementioned reasons.

Shin needs to stop buddying with JB so much, Uhai needs to say things. SB needs to not make me forget he's in this game.

WAT. I can see two different ways of interpreting this, and neither of them are townish interpretations.

Tell me. When it is ever a good idea to act scummily, with no gambit in mind and nothing to gain from it?

(I know roles like fool and tree stump exist, but I'm nothing as exotic as that).

Tell me. When it is ever a good idea to act scummily, with no gambit in mind and nothing to gain from it?

(I know roles like fool and tree stump exist, but I'm nothing as exotic as that).

There's a difference between not intentionally acting scummy and making it a priority to not do things that might look scummy.

The quote in question:

Given what you just posted, was this what you meant?

I didn't want to look scummy by voting Sho, who was going to be lynched.

What I don't like about this mentality is that it has the tone of "if I do this, I'm gonna get myself lynched." That's the kind of paranoia that I expect out of mafia, not town (especially since mafia are down in numbers after Sho's lynch). Though Rapier hasn't been responding the best, he was willing to do something, rather than worry about how it reflected on him. As town, I have no reason to hide my suspicions, because I have no idea if/when I'll be shot.

I'll be back one more time before phase end, so if I'm totally off on that, I'll hopefully see it before I leave for work tomorrow.

Ugh, I apologize for my absence last night. things have happened like having to complete and entire English assignment, and read the book for said assignment in one night. As much as I love you, I kind of want to pass English.

We seem to have what is Baldrick vs Eli. Eli hasn't really focused much on anyone other than Balders, although I can appreciate that Eli may be occupied with his LIFE. Baldrick's main case against Eli was initially that Eli mostly ignored the nonsense-spouting Sho from what I saw. Although Baldrick seemed to turn against the contradictory Rapier and drop the Eli assault by day 2.

You call people out for not saying much, but you haven't said a great deal either.

So you can excuse Eli for having a life, but not Lucina for having one? This isn't looking pretty good to me Shin.

Also... timezones and British! Best excuses ever.

NO

So now, I have three major scumreads. One is Rapier, for being literally all over the place with his huge ass post back a few pages. Another is Shin, due to being super quiet early in, and then giving off an impression of "oh I'm confused". He did post that he was posting because he had to defend himself, which should not be the only reason you're posting.. The last one I have is Baldrick, due to his worry about how town sees him. You're not a stereotypical teenage girl dude, don't be so concerned about how everyone will see you.

Anyway, I apologize for being super busy, I once again have to jet off. Hopefully I don't get EXTREME HOMEWOK again tonight and I can reply something upon my return from school. Too tired for this.

Later gators.

Actually Sihn's double standards he has are bothering me. He's prodding certain people for their inactivity while seemingly letting others slide by off of it when they're been legitimately busy IRL.

##Vote:Shin

That isn't cool bro.

ok now later for real

JBCWK (2): Eclipse, Mancer

Rapier (4): BBM, Baldrick, JB, Shin

Shin (4): Rapier, Xinnidy, Scorri, Darros

Lucina (2): Elieson, Eclipse

Baldrick (1): Shinori

With 15 players alive, 5 votes are needed to lynch and 10 votes are needed to hammer. You have 11 hours left in the phase.

So bogus! Not cool, man! You be smartin' like Folgore Green! I was away myself for the beginning of the game for family reasons, you can ask the hosts if you really don't believe the grooviest dog in town. If someone's away, you can't really gather anything from new content, so you follow the posts you see :P.

My gripe with Loocina wasn't the lack of activity, it was the lazy scum hunting. It's pretty easy to just give a list of one liners and then say "I want this one". However, due to Lucina's inactivity it's difficult to gauge, so I couldn't exactly be certain. I do recall you wanting to hear from Lucina more too. You're also taking my defending myself as scummy. However, it makes sense that I'd do that to avoid a lynch on myself regardless of my side.

Regarding Kay, I'm not sure that being satisfied with one answer really counts as buddying, JB isn't one of my homies! My RP is too funky for most to comprehend! How do you feel about JB? You've asked a whole lot of people about him, but you haven't actually made a decision yourself.

So you can excuse Eli for having a life, but not Lucina for having one? This isn't looking pretty good to me Shin.

Dude, just 'cause your skin color reminds me of tourmaline and emeralds and all those other things I've been digging up of late doesn't mean that you can blindly tunnel one person all game long. The difference between Lucina and just about every other inactive is that Lucina's few posts have been extremely weak, while Elieson has been doing his share of scumhunting.

There's two wagons right now, and I won't be back to do anything about it. I'm positive Shin's wagon will be a mislynch (positive enough that'd I'd prefer anyone else over Shin's lynch, including myself), and even though I'd rather have one of Lucina/Baldrick lynched today:

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier

Sorry dude, but it's going to a modkill before I vote Shin.

Rapier (5): BBM, Baldrick, JB, Shin, eclipse

Shin (4): Rapier, Xinnidy, Scorri, Darros

Lucina (1): Elieson

With 15 players alive, 5 votes are needed to lynch and 10 votes are needed to hammer. You have 6 hours and 9 minutes left in the phase.

Ugh I'm so lost.

Well, I didn't pay attention to Rapier's quadra post at the time of my previous post out of sheer laziness, though looking at his reasoning for voting Shin back is... not good. In his words, he's calling Shin out for tunneling him, and... well, simply put, it feels like OMGUS to me as well. I still think Shin's vote on Lucina wasn't satisfactory and he just taped the first reasoning available to vote her back. However, his more recent posts make better sense to me, and I'm more inclined to follow his logic now.

##Unvote

I would keep being inactive and blame this terrible university schedule for everything but I need to get a hold of myself.

Though one could point it being mostly gut, I don't expect Rapier to flip scum, halfly based on how he hinted at his role, but I definitively don't think I want to see his lynch at this point in the game. Out of the people today, I'd be more comfortable with going for Baldrick or Lucina.

Baldrick has a problem with bringing out points that aren't based around on helping defending himself. Though I don't see him being void of reads just yet, but you could try more. Who do you think is more likely to flip scum out of your reads? And why? Repeat what you must, I just don't care for points explaining your actions, I want more actions coming out of you.

Lucina, first of all, where are you? With that out of the way, interact more, don't out all of your reads with 1/2~1 line of reasoning. Listposting isn't necessarily a bad way of contributing, but you have to make it more sensible and add more thoughts than what you did. I believe there is still time for you to show up again, I'll wait. However, as things are now, you are the one I find most likely to flip scum out of shin, baldrick, and you. I expect some effort this time.

##Vote: Lucina

Xinn, I think we need to hear from Lucina before we vote for her. You also called me out for voting based on her list, whilst you're now doing the same. I don't think it's particularly scummy, but Lucina's said nothing new since my vote for her. Could you also link me to Rapier roleclaim hint? I'm being ungroovy and I can't seem to find it, it gives me the blues... uncool!

Ugh I'm so lost.

Same here =/

I'm about ready to go again I think. My reads aren't particularly solid, but this is what most caught my eye.

I am the coolest captain around, don't be saying otherwise! Everyone else has been pretty quiet so far, jumping on Rapier due to everyone else's inactivity might go badly. Although it's not to say that Rapier doesn't draw attention, we just need to be careful.

I really don't like how this post sounds, it's like, "Rapier might be scum but we can't be too sure", which amounts to nothing.

I'm not a particularly big fan of Lucina either, since this here is entirely rolespec, and then the listpost following has me as a scumread for "tunneling Shinori", when I made a whole one post on him. That's not tunneling, it's just making a case on someone - which other people than me have being doing. Also her main scumreads (Rapier and Shin) are because they've done "pretty much nothing". The majority of her justifications for townreads (which is questionable whether she should have outed them in the first place)

The Rapier/Shin argument makes me feel like Shin is the better of the two, and Shinori's Shin pressing for his sudden inactivity spike isn't good imo.

And I never said that his more recent posts aren't better.

That doesn't change the fact that his early play was terrible. I am looking at it as a whole and I didn't plan on just changing my thoughts because he made a few better posts when under pressure.

##Unvote:

Still FoS though.

Actually would like Baldrick to come post a bit more that isn't just him defending himself. His most recent post was mainly him defending himself from elie. Then a post where he basically hinted at suspicions against shin. Then a post where he said he was waiting to hear Elie's full argument. Actually looking over his posts from this day he hasn't really bothered scum hunting at all. He vote parked on rapier with reasoning that could have been stronger and hasn't scum hunted since. SO BACK TO THIS I GO.

##Vote: Baldrick

Ok, part of this post kind of bugs me. He gets on Shin's case for a sudden spike in activity, then votes Baldrick to provoke him to post. There are other reasons in there, but I still don't like it.

Wouldn't mind a Baldrick lynch. Mancer's my top scumread but I don't wanna lynch him this phase at least. Shin's uptick in activity makes him look more townish, but otherwise he doesn't look great. Probably I'd narrowly prefer that he be lynched, but it's mostly that I have a tie for second scummiest and I feel like lynching him would be more informative. Rapier doesn't look great, but then again he's Rapier and he never looks that great, so he's only a minor scumread. I also kinda feel like scum might be trying to frame him for aforementioned reasons.

Shin needs to stop buddying with JB so much, Uhai needs to say things. SB needs to not make me forget he's in this game.

I don't like the easy dismissal of the idea that Rapier could be scum, and the inactive prodding at the end is kind of filler. The Baldrick scumread seems pretty filler here as I don't remember Kay mentioning that she thought he was scum, although she did question JB about it once.

Shinori's case on Shin makes sense to me, but I don't agree with it entirely. Shin's still kind of a noob, he could just be trying to look at things from different angles. He looks more scummy than not but it isn't a very strong read.

And then there's this post, coming slightly earlier. Where Shin is apparently a weak scumread, in contrast with the next post. In between that post, Shin made stuff that looked BETTER, but then for some reason your scumread changed from weak to strong, after he started looking more town. Where's the logic in that?

##Vote: Kay

Xinn, I think we need to hear from Lucina before we vote for her. You also called me out for voting based on her list, whilst you're now doing the same. I don't think it's particularly scummy, but Lucina's said nothing new since my vote for her. Could you also link me to Rapier roleclaim hint? I'm being ungroovy and I can't seem to find it, it gives me the blues... uncool!

While there's not much time left on the day, I don't agree with the other two wagons enough, and I think seeing a reaction/inaction from Lucina in those next 6 hours or less should be enough to warrant my suspicions.

Also here you go.

tick tock

Rapier (5): BBM, Baldrick, JB, Shin, eclipse

Shin (3): Rapier, Scorri, Darros

Lucina (2): Elieson, Xinnidy

Kay (1): SB

With 15 players alive, 5 votes are needed to lynch and 10 votes are needed to hammer. You have 2 hours and 36 minutes left in the phase.

I will try to get something later but I have ludicrous amounts of homework right now. I think I can be finished a chunk of it by 9 though so I'll make it in faster. I apologize extremely, my semester is insane this term.