Folgore Rangers Mafia -- GAME OVER

Sunwoo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, just realized that Sho was actually kind of a JoaT, albeit with only two abilities, so a scum JoaT with a hook seems less likely. Still other possibilities though.

Manix makes a good point about JB, but I want to hear what he has to say. Also, a quick reread of D4 tells me that Baldrick voted Mancer really quickly as well, but he also unvoted rather soon after, as soon as Mancer claimed hooked. Didn't really cite why. Kind of similar to what Elie did, and he also hasn't said anything else on D4, though I see him reading the thread right now.

I lost my post, so I'll reply to BBM first. When Mancer claimed Hooked, I knew that a watcher would be able to either give us a name, or contradict Mancer's claim, so we'd have a clear idea of which people to go for this phase. If there wasn't a watcher, then I couldn't make a decision until I saw what Mancer did and interpreted it. Either way, I already knew there was a roleblocker out there, so my first impression was to believe him.

I don't think Mancer's scum. He's struggling quite a bit, and is flailing against the people interrogating him. If he was scum, he would know this was coming, and I'd expect him to put a more measured defense up.

I actually have a lot of townreads from all this, when I have time to read ISOs I'll do some PoE.

I don't think Mancer's scum. He's struggling quite a bit, and is flailing against the people interrogating him. If he was scum, he would know this was coming, and I'd expect him to put a more measured defense up.

you're making a grave assumption here but eh (assuming scum is prepared for this)

i can kinda see the logic though

Not necessarily. Overestimating your opponents makes you believe them capable of things past their capabilities. Like if Mancer actually is scum, and they didn't plan for this at all, by overestimating him you're giving him a free pass. This is speaking purely theoretically about the dangers of overestimation; I don't think Mancer is scummy either.

What the hell, Mancer? You voted me around 2/3rds of the way into D1, and the post where you switched to Sho still has you being suspicious of me. You made a semi-prod against me later as well, saying that I was awfully confident that you wouldn't die. Yet after that, you thought I was townie enough to deserve getting protected?

BBM N1 because his Watcher comment made me think that he might be Watcher and might attract scum kills. If you noticed, after BBM's comment, I abandoned my reads on him. It's because I no longer found him scummy at that point cause of my suspicions.

eclipse was a random protect and because I had a feeling that she might be town.

Shinori, no idea why stuff was redirected away from me. Why would that be a reason for voting for me anyways?

By the way with regards to this, as well as with regards to JB who said it was really bad for me to vote BBM just because I was redirected targeting him. I did it as a reaction. Frankly, I don't like either reaction that came from BBM or JB.

Since I don't really plan on lynching mancer:

##Vote: JB

mom are you agreeing with me on the mafia joat or what

Out of all the possibilities, I think it's the most plausible. Next most plausible is safeguard - but if the safeguard was on Darros, then it's most likely mafia-sided (and I think mafia safeguards are sillier than Cam's insistence that I haven't used my PR).

I'm not voting for Mancer until the possibility of a scum hooking role, whether it be fulltime or one-shot, is disproven. However, Mancer, you need to dial the OMGUS down heavily.

Shinori, no idea why stuff was redirected away from me. Why would that be a reason for voting for me anyways?

Eclipse, when you say I've mellowed out, is that in a negative sense or a positive sense? I get the feeling you're implying in the negative sense. If so, I didn't do much on D3 because I'll admit, with a scum lynch confirmed, I got lazy and didn't really bother much. That was bad on my part.

The best way I can describe it is that you've toned down the bit where you're finding scumreads on everyone in every single post (slight exaggeration, but that kind of behavior pings my scumdar hard). It was way too present D1, which is why I had you down as a scum read for D2. Now that you're not finding reasons to lynch different people in every post, I don't think it's worth lynching you at this point. This is the strongest case for Mancer.

I don't like the case on JB, but I can't argue it with as much surety as I did when I ripped Shin's wagon apart. In JB's shoes, I'd be pretty annoyed with Mancer's posts. I find it interesting that he wants to keep Mancer around, despite the fact that there's a lot of way to get him lynched. From this little interaction, I'm not interested in lynching JB right now. Kay seems to have the best PR, and it looks like she's actually pushing a scumread. What I would like to hear is more from Elieson, besides stuff I'd expect out of some Backup Tier units in a draft.

##Unvote

##Vote: Elieson

so I'm awake again and I don't see answers to this question and this one. Mancer, you made a post later, after I went to sleep, so I'm a little miffed that these questions weren't answered >_>

mancer doesn't know how to answer questions it's ok

I'm not talking about quicklynching Mancer here, I'm talking about lynching him at all. I don't think he's scum. Which of these is more likely?

A: Mancer is town. The mafia have a Hooker or a JoaT with a 1-shot hook, or maybe a Backup or something, idk.

B: Mancer is scum. The mafia had a Hitman solely to target a BPV, or to get around hooks. With two of their members dead three days in, they decide to sacrifice a third to kill the Cop.

A Hitman that gets around hooks isn't impossible, but that's not a standard Hitman, and IMO if Sho had been a Hitman who got around hooks, that distinction would have been made in the role PM, which it wasn't.

Not sure if the bit about Elie being hurt by me thinking he's trying to push a mislynch was flavour or not, but if it wasn't, seriously?

C: Mancer is scum, TownDoc hasn't claimed because he knows Mancer will get lynched when TownDoc dies, Mancer is lying about being hooked.

That being said, I do want to see more content from JB. All he's done over the last few days is go after Mancer. He attacked Rapier on D2, but pretty much his entire D3 consisted of arguing against Mancer. I'm not really one to talk here because like I said, I got lazy on D3 too, yeah. Also, his D4 has just consisted of defending Mancer, which is pretty odd if you look at all the rest of his content. His reversal has been justified, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And disregarding that, he hasn't said anything about anyone else yet on D4 either.

##Vote: JB until I see something else from him.

well that's simple

town reads on shinori (from roleclaim i'm almost certain he's town), manix (i'm 95% sure he's town), shin, eclipse, baldrick

null on sb, elie, kay

i'm not entirely sure where to put you until i iso you

what the fuck mancer

scum read jb

I'm glad thqt somebody noticed that JB was tunneling hard. Turns out that people don't listen to me anymore since I've been saying that JB has been focusing on me hard since D1 and nobody notices it until BBM decides to point it out.

Town, you are exasperating. When you make up your minds on who are scummy, you're just so stubborn and double standard with it.

many people have noticed it. many people have let it slide.

interesting statement

I'm pretty sure that Manix and JB could be scum.

I believe town has let the scorri/Manix Miller claim coast by a little too long, especially since as Manix said there's no way to clear him at all.

well no fucking shit son, the only way to clear manix is to kill him

Hmm, just realized that Sho was actually kind of a JoaT, albeit with only two abilities, so a scum JoaT with a hook seems less likely. Still other possibilities though.

Manix makes a good point about JB, but I want to hear what he has to say. Also, a quick reread of D4 tells me that Baldrick voted Mancer really quickly as well, but he also unvoted rather soon after, as soon as Mancer claimed hooked. Didn't really cite why. Kind of similar to what Elie did, and he also hasn't said anything else on D4, though I see him reading the thread right now.

would not be surprised if mafia consists of several JoATs with different abilities. Not to mention 2 full time roleblockers makes no sense.

By the way with regards to this, as well as with regards to JB who said it was really bad for me to vote BBM just because I was redirected targeting him. I did it as a reaction. Frankly, I don't like either reaction that came from BBM or JB.

Since I don't really plan on lynching mancer:

##Vote: JB

interesting

There's a great difference between voting the role and the target. When Mancer failed to doc Darros, people voted for the role because they wanted answers. This is perfectly legitimate. In your case, you voted the target, despite the fact that the target would almost certainly have known nothing about you being redirected. What reaction does anybody give aside from "You were targeting me? Roleblocker pls no". You learn nothing from voting BBM.

JB, your post was all over the place.

So in the end, while you had problems with Shinori and BBM's posts and thoughts, your inly scum read is me. Nice try tunneling in such a "subtle" manner, scum.

##Unvote: Shinori

##Vote:Illuminate

With regards to "people have noticed and let it slide", I'd like to point you out to the fact that you claimed to not have tunneled earlier with examples of attacking and poking Sho and Baldrick (IIRC). Why have you suddenly changed your stance to "people have noticed me tunneling and let it slide" now?

JB wagon is shit for reasons I've already stated

I fail to see what was even wrong with his last post, it fits in perfectly with his continuum

he has thought your play was bad BUT he doesn't want to lynch you as per evidenced through voting patterns

he's townreading shinori and is defending himself from shinori's accusations

and he hasn't read BBM yet so where's the problem there?

I don't understand guys

so I'm awake again and I don't see answers to this question and this one. Mancer, you made a post later, after I went to sleep, so I'm a little miffed that these questions weren't answered >_>

also mancer you are here answer these questions already

##Vote: Mancer

pressure voting him until I get a damn answer

JB, your post was all over the place.

So in the end, while you had problems with Shinori and BBM's posts and thoughts, your inly scum read is me. Nice try tunneling in such a "subtle" manner, scum.

##Unvote: Shinori

##Vote:Illuminate

Whenever I see this, I see it as a code for "IGNORE THIS" (mostly so I don't go on screamy rages on why it's bad form to do this, especially later in the game). Do you see JB's role PM? No? Don't use everything he posts as validation for your pet read. It's not helping the game.

So don't use anything in thread to help prove to town that someone I think is scum is actually scum? Sure.

Note that JB has successfully list posted a ton of town reads, which doesn't help town much either. He hasn't fully scum hunted or actively tried looking for scum other than trying to tunnel on me.

Your vote is just so opportunistic, Manix. Judt continue dumping votes on easy mislynches please, guys.