Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, got it! With that, my two cents!

Lucina gets her own nifty Grima-slaying sword, which she really likes. She's also guaranteed Aether, which is nifty (the activation rate, not so much). She'll be able to reclass naturally into Cavalier, which will give her range and a chance to try lances before promotion. I guess Archer isn't too bad if she wants to fly in her final class. Her stats are quite variable, but unless you did a fair amount of grinding, she'll be a wee bit underpowered when she first shows up. Since she is a kid, I'm gonna run past "be sorta completionist and competent but not really", because her rating would be pretty low otherwise.

Also, pair her with Avatar so you can turn Chrom into an overprotective dad early :P:

8/10 (+1 bias included for my current file where she beat all odds and became a tank on a horse)

Edited by eclipse

Lucina having Female Avatar as her mother compared to her having anyone else as her mother makes sooooooooooooooooo huge of a difference. She gets Veteran which makes her grow at an extraordinary rate and allows her to catch up to your team quickly (and is actually viable in lunatic without grinding). 9.5/10

Sully gives her myrmidon which means Astra, Vantage and Swordfaire while still retaining her sword rank :D 8/10

Sumia gives Galeforce and ridiculously high speed 8/10

Mariabelle has high magic which is useless on Lucina :( 6/10

Olivia is bleh unless you grind the shit out of her and she passes down the ever so useless +4 Luck 5.5/10

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL at Maiden 5/10

Regardless of mother, she will always come with the ever soo broken Parallel Falchion with infinite uses and 12 MT which screams one of the most broken weapons in fire emblem history and can always reclass to cavalier for more movement and lance and discipline just like his daddy which is great.

Edit: Overall she gets 8/10 because of reasons stated above. She doesn't get a 10 for me because availability and lance users can be somewhat common in the Valm arc. +1 bias because epic voiceacting and she loved Chrom so much she was about to kill Avatar so 9/10

Edited by Berserk

I wonder what I'm going to do with all these styles of ratings lol. Uh..

Sorry for the confusion, let's give her 1 rating only. It can be whatever you think she deserves as a unit regardless of parent. You can take into account how likely each parent is and how good they are, but the final rating is up to you. Whether it is an average of all the Lucinas or not, it's up to you.

Perhaps average all the multiple ratings if the person who created it doesn't come back, and then enforce that rule?

That's the plan yeah. Alternatively, I let Lucina voting continue after Say'ri begins so whoever didnt make it can fix their vote then.

Didn't tried Sully!Lucina and Maribelle!Lucina yet...

Olivia gaves great reclass options, but needs a lot of grinding to be on Par... Her growth are basically Sumia with far less defnsive power...Max strengh is slightly better, as the expanse of speed and skill. Outside of a non-grinding run, she's pretty bad...

Sumia gaves her the pegasus tree, and despite the awfull defensive stats, she's the only one (besides avatar...), who gaves the Aegis/Pavise/Rightfull King Combo.

The Avatar's main advantage is the awesome customizaton option. Stats can't be reasonably judged here...

Maribelle gave the best Luck and Resistance stats, and made her a good user of the Levin's sword. Probably one of ythe more limited choice...

Sully is a really solid choice, given away to great classes.

All in all : 8/10. She have a great potentiall,, normally have pretty good stats and have basically an infinite Silver sword that kills dragons.

Well, like all the children Lucina joins heavily underpowered compared to the existing cast in a game where enemies have actual stats and prefer to charge headlessly forward, threatening to overwhelm the player when not taking care of. Not to mention that dual strike and random activating skills make it hard to set up a kill for her in the first place.

Under those conditions, getting her on the level of her dad is difficult to say the least. And her supports are limited as well, seeing how her parents would probably rather stick with each other.

The god news is, that she joins with a buffed Wyrmslayer with a secondary vulnerary setting. Thats quite a different league from Owain's little toy. And it goes around her crappy weapon level.

But again, this isn't like... let's say Thracia 776, where Marita joins horribly underleveled and yet can still easily kill anyone with her pref sword and take a hit or two while doing so.

Lucina simply doesn't have it in her to stay in the game.

2.5/10

Edited by BrightBow

I'll rate the children for every parent except the avatar, due to the fact that they basically BECOME another avatar, so I would equate their score as something similar or slightly lower to the avatar also I said avatar 3 times in that sentence

Sumia and Sully are what I consider to be the best mothers, because they give Lucina good skill and class accessability, a primary point for gen 2 characters. Sumia, while she hinders Lucina's strength, offers Lucina Galeforce, which is a great ability to have, and gives Lucina some nice speed and res too. She also offers Luna, Renewal and Pavise. The offered reclass options themselves aren't that notable, but they're still nice.

While Sully doesn't offer Lucina Galeforce, she gives her very nice stat alterations in departments like strength and speed, suiting Lucina's capabilities the most, and offers her Wyvern Rider and Myrmidon, letting her get Astra, Swordfaire, Lethality, Pass, Vantage, Deliverer and Two Breaker Skills, which is a nice addition of skills, and offers a lot of Choices.

Olivia is the next best parent, because she offers Galeforce and the Myrmidon line, though with a small strength hinderance. The only reason why Olivia as a parent is slightly lower is because her starting stats and her late join time mean she won't help Lucina become all that strong when she joins in 2 chapters.

Maribelle is the worst parent; while she offers Galeforce, her modifiers and low stats will make Lucina a bad starting unit, and she has almost nothing to offer in terms of other good skills or classes.

Lucina, as a unit herself, is as strong, and soon stronger than Chrom will be when she joins, if you use her. She has the Parallel Falchion, a weapon equivalent to a permament Silver Sword, so she should be doing nice damage along with doubling and the likes.

EDIT: Oh godamnit we can only do 1 rating now. For her overall parent availibility, I'd say 8/10.

If it's with bias, a +0.5 is added, because while her sense of justice is plain at times, I find it amusing whenever she fails to understand proper humour.

Edited by The Fush

Hey PKL just a quick note you mihght want to remove rule one.

Lucina. Oh Lordy, how interesting of a unit she is. Like most children characters she has great caps and can come with some pretty kickass skills. It also doesn't hurt that her farther is a high quality unit and three of her four mothers should be extremely powerful by the time she joins. Basically she has good bases, awsome skills, and joins at about halfway point in the game. This is if the mother is Sumia, Sully, or MU. However with Olivia her bases go down because of the difficulty I've had training her. But her class set is pretty good with Olivia. However with Maribele the bases go down and her class set loses some of its value. And I have never used generic village girl.

8/10

Lucina, at level 10, joins a well established team with high movement, great stats, and A/S rank supports. Lucina has bad stats, 5 MOV (fixable through reclass, although she may lose her sword rank - and falchion), and C supports with her parents. Relatively bad offense and relatively awful durability do not a good unit make - her start simply sucks. Being 2-3RKOd on a team that you can pretty much plop anywhere without dying is bad. 3RKOing those enemies back isn't any better. She really requires you to baby her, and in the end you don't get anything abnormally good. She's just... on par with the rest of your team.

4/10, and add -1 bias onto that for being boring and the only unit I regretted using in this game for 3/10.

Avatar Mom is broken. Combine Chrom's good stats with Mom's amazing stats and Lucina is likely to look pretty similar to the rest of your team when she joins, with the exception of the ridiculous base speed she gets from a +Speed Avatar (my Lucina usually starts with 23 or 24). She practically solos her join chapter with it being full of weak cavs and armors she can stab through with a forged Rapier, and eats Morgan's chapter alive with the Parallel Falchion. This continues all throughout Valm; anything that the Parallel Falchion won't quite cut it for will likely be made to swiss cheese with the Rapier. There are no holes in Lucina's offense whatsoever.

Still, for all of the cool stuff she can do when she joins, we didn't even get to the best part: Veteran. She'll soar right past your party in no time and still have enough leeway to do whatever she wants after that. She can even farm skills ingame, something very few units can do in this game due to a lack of experience or class options. Lucina is not wanting for either.

10/10. No slow start, immediately useful with a forged Rapier and Silver Dragonslayer, access to every class and skill she could ever want, and inherits a gamebreaking skill that gives her a leg up over everyone besides her own family. It wouldn't be fair of me to ask for more in a unit.

Edited by Inference

Avatar!Lucina: Great bases and Veteran and has access to Wyvern Rider and Pegasus Knight - 8/10

Sully!Lucina: Good bases and access to Wyvern Rider - 6.5/10

Sumia!Lucina: Good bases and access to Pegasus Knight - 7/10

Maribelle!Lucina: Bad bases but has access to Pegasus Knight - 4/10

Olivia!Lucina: Read above but add Myrmidon - 4.5/10

Other Notes: Being Chrom's kid is a good thing because he can pass down his good stats. Lucina starts as a swordlocked footie but can reclass into Cavalier no matter who her mother is, so that helps that somewhat. Reclassing is probably her best bet unless you want those stat boosts from promotion cause Great Lord skills aren't really all that great and she already has Aether. Coming with an infinite dragon killing +1 mt silver sword that doubles as a concoction is pretty neat, though she will probably be spending her time increasing her lance/axe rank in other classes rather than using it. She may have a hard time fitting in with existing supports but can replace one of the parents if they aren't being used anymore and can support with almost any other child character. She can also support Tiki, so that's pretty good too.

Average: 6/10

Edited by The Batter

Unless you're going balls-to-the-wall LTC, Lucina's low base level really shouldn't be a problem since she levels fast and has good growths, especially with the Avatar as her mother - and really, unpromoted enemies in Hard are largely easy enough even for her at base. Parallel Falchion is great and only ever needs to be replaced with ranged weaponry, which she can get from promotion or a re-class (and some building). She's always a star player on my team with her amazing offensive and decent defensive potential. Availability and lack of immediate range is all that keeps her down. I don't know how anyone can give her less than 5.

8/10 collectively, but if mothers need to be specified:

8.5 for Avatar

8 for Sully/Sumia

7.5 for Olivia/Maribelle

6 for Maiden (but this should really never happen)

Lucina's like a later Chrom with slightly better bases. She's good and all, but she isn't really too game-breaking.

Olivia/Maribelle/Maiden!Lucina do have mediocre starts and are decent when raised up.

Avatar!Lucina: Great bases and Veteran and has access to Wyvern Rider and Pegasus Knight - 8/10

Other Notes: Being Chrom's kid is a good thing because he can pass down his good stats. Lucina starts as a swordlocked footie but can reclass into Cavalier no matter who her mother is, so that helps that somewhat. Reclassing is probably her best bet unless you want those stat boosts from promotion cause Great Lord skills aren't really all that great and she already has Aether. Coming with an infinite dragon killing +1 mt silver sword that doubles as a concoction is pretty neat, though she will probably be spending her time increasing her lance/axe rank in other classes rather than using it. She may have a hard time fitting in with existing supports but can replace one of the parents if they aren't being used anymore and can support with almost any other child character. She can also support Tiki, so that's pretty good too.

stealing this cause i can't be bothered

Okay, I planned to give the children one rating based on personal experience and we seem to have agreed one rating is good. Just to note, I'm rating Lucina based on her having Sumia, FeMU, and Sully as mothers, but I'm gonna try to keep her rating fair considering she is forced whether or not you have Chrom married to who you want or if he marries the Maiden.

Lucina

+ Parallel Falchion

+ Fairly good bases thanks to Chrom, even if her mother gets screwed over or isn't the best

+ Inherits Cavalier from Chrom, can inherit at least two new classes from all her mothers (save Maiden), at least one of which is great on her (Sumia-Peg, Maribelle-Peg, Sully-Wyv and Myrm, Olivia-Peg and Myrm)

- Starts a bit behind your team, though level 10 and inheritance usually mean she's not too hard to train

- No 2-range for a while can hold her back since mostly everyone else will be fighting 1-2 by this point

8/10 from me, she's pretty great and can be the better Lord thanks to having more classes and skills, but like all the kids comes a bit late and behind your group

+1 bias for 9/10

Unless you're going balls-to-the-wall LTC, Lucina's low base level really shouldn't be a problem since she levels fast and has good growths, especially with the Avatar as her mother - and really, unpromoted enemies in Hard are largely easy enough even for her at base. Parallel Falchion is great and only ever needs to be replaced with ranged weaponry, which she can get from promotion or a re-class (and some building). She's always a star player on my team with her amazing offensive and decent defensive potential. Availability and lack of immediate range is all that keeps her down. I don't know how anyone can give her less than 5.

8/10 collectively, but if mothers need to be specified:

8.5 for Avatar

8 for Sully/Sumia

7.5 for Olivia/Maribelle

6 for Maiden (but this should really never happen)

This

Lucina gets an 8 from me as well.

Edited by PK Gaming

woop~

this.