Etrian Odyssey 2 Mafia - Game Over

Grace

believe me when I say town got super lucky with night actions.

a win's a win.

well, this seems like a good enough note to stop playing mafia on, at least until I get a little less busy class wise.

also just wanted to apologize to boron. i know that i was partially the reason you subbed out, and that's well...not something i was intentionally trying to do. i'll try to be less abrasive in the future.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I feel like a lot of the rolespec is my fault, probably a result of my having less time to make actually detailed cases. At least I was pretty on the dot as far as my scumreads were concerned, for the most part. I think.

I'll wait a bit before re-doing sign-ups for School of Hard NOCs. Also, my apologies to Manix for subbing out early. Apparently, we had two weeks of southerly winds, and vog royally fucks me up.

[21/02/2014 5:33:15 PM] Bluedoom: lol
[21/02/2014 5:35:26 PM] Bluedoom: Eli why
[21/02/2014 5:35:36 PM] Bluedoom: why did you claim Shin had a ninja
[21/02/2014 5:35:37 PM] Bluedoom: ;-;
[21/02/2014 5:35:48 PM] Manix: honestly, it would have been better to bus eury

[21/02/2014 5:36:25 PM] Manix: because at least it would have been 1) better for you and 2) shin could have wiggled out of a lynch because doc is alive
[21/02/2014 5:37:23 PM] Bluedoom: all this time I thought Eli sucked at faking role claims
[21/02/2014 5:37:32 PM | Edited 5:37:40 PM] Bluedoom: now I know that he sucks and faking result claims too
[21/02/2014 5:37:33 PM] Bluedoom: xD
[21/02/2014 5:37:38 PM] Manix: rip

i'm not running a filler game this time because i do it all the time, someone else can have a stab at it

unless people really want me to drill something up quickly (i have none ready)

1. I apologize to Fleur and Refa for my choice of language before I subbed out, but I am not sorry for the overall message that I intended to get across.

2. Shin may have been scum, but the D1 case on him was still awful. Most of us know what Shin is like. I still believe that his "I'll show you reactionary!" vote is a Shin tell, not a scum tell. Do you really believe his intent when he made that vote was "they'll think it's too obvious to be scum, so they won't think I'm scum because of it?" I think not, which was why I called bullshit.

3. Next time you're going to troll the town, bearclaw, claim your actual role -- CULT.

EDIT: Also, Fleur and Green, if you guys intend to continue playing mafia here, I'd highly suggest you guys to not use "I'm sorry if I'm being too harsh" or make comments about other players' sensitivities until you know the players better. While I don't think you two had bad intentions when you used it, constantly making comments about other players' "sensitivities" when you don't even know them comes off as highly arrogant, especially when a lot of the players on SF can come off as aggressive.

And on that note, irritating the fuck out of someone because you are NOT getting it and acting like you know what they're saying =/= that person is sensitive. If I hadn't subbed out on D1, the game would've got really unpleasant, really fast, and the game doesn't need that.

One final note, had I kept my slot, I would've shot Fleur D1. That would've made all three kills from different factions aimed at one person. Do not discard possibilities with no good reason.

Edited by Sangyul

Ugh... all of the friggin' claims on D2/D3.... It was impossible for me to do anything in the sense of fake claiming. ;/

*Though I'm amused that I'm the only scum person who managed to get every night action in successfully, lol.

EDIT: Ohwait, Elie did too. Mkay, that makes it less awful. xD

EDIT2: And okay. I did kill myself on Kop last night. Darn it all. :<

Was gambling on him fake-claiming the Vig on Fleur and was saving his actual shot for someone else. ;/

Edited by Eurykins

Huh, that was unexpected.

List of postgame apologies:

Apologies to eclipse and Shin for my poor initial reads on them. Hope they weren't taken personally.

Apologies to Fleur, if she's reading this; I get the feeling I'd annoyed her a lot D1.

Apologies to Manix for being so indecisive about my night actions.

i kept a changelog of when i changed stuff for the game. i don't remember how much sense it makes, but here you go

[spoiler=setup changelog]Town:

After EO1 Mafia and having too many clearable roles, I needed to change some stuff. Any role not mentioned is unchanged. Town's power is in redirection/protection over having many town directed nightkills/investigations.

Hexer: Had dazzler instead of disabler in the original iteration.

Medic 1: Had the revive ability from EO1 Mafia; but that would mean an easy clear for the Medic. Decided to give a 1-shot follower just to give town a little more investigative power.

Medic 2: Had a revive which required them to sacrifice themselves. Still another easy clear. Also gave a 1-shot follow, mostly to screw with town.

Landskencht: Also had the reflexive kill from the original iteration of EO1 Mafia. Also decided against it. Instead replaced with a 1-shot active bomb (ie: you needed to activate it on the night you are going to die). Roleblock prevention was originally in place of the strongvig.

Protector 1: 2-shot decoy reduced to 1.

Troubador: Replaced the two-shot friendly townie with one-shot ability enabler. Mostly because I didn't want easy clears. Also considering the fullcop oracle (which I eventually changed), I didn't want there to become any other clears.

War Magus: Originally had a 1-shot poison doc instead of the self safeguard. I took it out because it would become an easy clear when the maf!Survivalist flipped.

Troubador 2: Originally a town one shot fullcop oracle (revealed inspect on death). Decided that it was a bad idea. Instead decided to keep the Divinity theme somehow. Which transpired into what is present now.

Axed to become the 3rd instead eventually.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mafia:

Survivalist:

Originally had a 2-shot normal RB, and a 1-shot silencer instead of the 2-shot tracker. The doublephase RB needed to be balanced by something, so I forced them to give up one shot of one of their other abilities. And after that, I still thought it was too strong, so I upped it to two shots.

Eventually I figured it was far too strong anyway so I changed it to a standard RB.

Removed a delayed 1-shot poison (kills after two nights, not one).

Alchemist:

Unchanged from current iteration.

Gunner:

Unchanged from current iteration.

Hexer: Was originally a Ronin that was a alternate day Nexus unless targeted and affected by an ability outside of the Nexus effect, which then changed it to a permanent passive Nexus. Mafia nexus is too strong, really.

The current iteration was conceived as the main gimmick of the mafia. The idea is that the Hexer is okay enough while other members are alive, but gains quite a bit of strength when they're all dead. I specifically avoided giving town a vig in this setup because of this role. Instead, I gave them the targeted reflexive kill that couldn't stop anything that this role could do, but still be a way to kill mafia members.

In addition, the confusion that the town would have when there wasn't any kills would make it slightly easier on the Hexer to try and orchestrate mislynches on specific targets. If the Hexer specifically bussed at least one of the other mafia members strongly, then they could easily masquerade as town to get those mislynches.

-

3rd party:

Was initially a Troubador that had to guess the alignment of 3 people correctly in order to win, and couldn't win otherwise. They couldn't out their targets and guesses because it would assist greatly in PoE lategame. Also had a delayed fullcop (N3 receival), which had be used (or not at all) in the first half of D1. I realized this was a bad idea because there was literally no reason to say anything except roleclaim and coast.

Then there's this. Oh boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reiterating The Setup:

This setup was created at the time where SF Towns were too reliant on investigation. However, that being said, most iterations of the setup with the current 3rd party were 2 mislynch games at worst case. So I needed to up town's strength in places to compromise. This was done through increasing ability use and remodeling a role. Roles not mentioned are unchanged.

Town:

Hexer: Blinding upped from 1-shot to 2.

Protector: One Guard uses increased from 1 to 2.

Beast: Originally was a protector with a 2-shot BG and a 1-shot LP.

Ronin: Eagle Eye increased from 1-shot to 2.

(Changelog date: 23/11/13)

Mafia Hexer: Replaced Suicide (kill a primed target, choose a new player for the prime after the kill, can be used at any time) with Betrayal. Adjusted Paralyze to only work on primed targets, and vote loss only outside of *ylo.

(Changelog date: 9/12/13)

Hexer: Replaced temporary hated giver (Fraility) with Leaden. Blinding reduced to 1-shot, from 2.

Ronin: Reduced Eagle Eye back down to 1-shot, from 2.

Overlord: Cultist only keeps one shot of active abilities, loses all passive abilities. Travel can no longer copy killing actions.

Beast: Made Tenacity apply on N3 only, compared to on every even night.

(Changelog date: 6/2/14)

Last minute balance changes because #yolo

Gunner: Snipe increased to 2-shot, up from 1.

(Changelog date: 9/2/2014)

I agree with eclipse. Between Inception and this game, I feel that the majority of players are getting massively burned out or something.