Mafia Question of the Whenever - LYLO

Prims

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite scum roles are anything with a kill modifier. Nothing quite like going through a hook when you're the last maf left and getting cleared, or killing the obvdoc-target power role.

Ninja rolecop mayor. Okay not really.

Scum dayvig would be interesting to pull off since I've rarely seen people get away with it. Watcher would be pretty cool as well.

Ninja rolecop mayor. Okay not really.

healer was my favorite game

Scum dayvig would be interesting to pull off since I've rarely seen people get away with it.

Paper did in FE6 until he got bored and outed himself

I didn't get away with it SB basically had my role except suicidal :|

I like info roles, or anything I can use to make good fakeclaims

SB was oracle who could kill himself.

Not a vig.

anything except neighborizer/insomniac. the worst was when i was an insomniac neighbor as scum.

any role that makes extra kills (dayvig) or guarantees kills (strongman, strongwilled) is probably my favorite to have on a scumteam. godfather is okay too i guess because cops can go die in a fire.

everything else is pretty meh since if it's super cool it's bound to have a town counter.

rolling bp as scum is actually a bad sign because then you know there's either a vig or an sk out there.

Godfather imo is a bad role in a role madness game if it doesn't have any active abilities. And if you have a scummy active ability(like RB) AND godfather powers it just makes claiming a lot harder.

Yeah Janitor's a good role, I agree. Not a fan of strongman/ ninja . I mean they're usually given as one shots and one-shots of thsoe arent'really powerful.

At least janitor gives you the potential of fakes.

Edited by Bluedoom

I think neighborizer would be fun. If only because I think more people to talk privately can add to how you can affect town.

Nexus was fun once too I guess.

I'll take over since Manix is a scrub and didn't update the question. (Not really but I just want to ask this anyway)

Day 4: Where do you draw the line to call a game 'bastard' ?

I'll take over since Manix is a scrub and didn't update the question. (Not really but I just want to ask this anyway)

uh i guess when you get something like a random results cop.

When you deliberately lie to the players, the word of the mod should be the truth 100% of the time. Telling people they are a certain role/alignment when there is a hidden twist to their role that they are never told about is bastard.

Similarly, throwing roles into a game like miller, cop-enabler, backup cop etc when there is no cop in the game and the roles are intended to be functional vanillas would be bastard.

I think altered sanities would be fair game as long as there is a clear warning in the game rules that they may exist.

Similarly, throwing roles into a game like miller, cop-enabler, backup cop etc when there is no cop in the game and the roles are intended to be functional vanillas would be bastard.

I don't think this is bastard but I'm hesitant to include them in my games because of what other people think about them, I guess.

Really I think lying in role pms and percentage based roles are the main things? Unannounced (as in paranoid without stating it in the role pm) sanity cops probably the most blatantly bastard thing?

For my games, it's when night results lie, and not in an intuitive way (for example, millers cause cops to get the wrong result, but that's the function of a miller; thus, it's intuitive). For anyone else's games, it's up to the host.

EDIT: Also, throwing in roles that would normally contain a bit of information, but not really (for example, shrink in a game with no cult).

Edited by eclipse

I don't think %age roles are bastard; they're just unfun and difficult to predict and therefore difficult to balance. Unless the chance of the role failing is hidden from the player, but that's the mod lying to the player then.

I don't think this is bastard but I'm hesitant to include them in my games because of what other people think about them, I guess.

Well I would say it kind of depends on the execution, I just find it risky in general. If there are few roles like that or just one and the point is to have them be negative utility by the way of driving town to setupspec into lynching them then it's bastard. If you're throwing several roles like that in at the same time like I recall happening in one of MotK's bigger games (I think it was Shadoweh hosting?) and town have a chance at finding out what's going on then I think it's fine.

Lying to players with the exception of things like scanning a godfather, unannounced nonstandard cop sanity, millers without cops or similar situations

My favorite definition is

"A setup is Bastard when it is designed more for the amusement of the host than the players."

There are no hard lines for me, although (most) lying would probably be bastard I guess.

Witches.

this works too, though.