How Many People Do You Think Have You On Ignore on SF?

Randoman

I'd like to take this opportunity to lobby for the ability to ignore one's own posts, so I can raise the counter to "at least me"

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there was one person who did have me on ignore but I'm not sure that the still has me on ignore.

However I know there is another person who has me on ignore. Hell, he started calling me out at some point and I don't know why. :/:

Probably at least 2.

At least, I don't see why retired mods would be unblockable, but that group's settings were created before I was admin so I haven't looked into it.

That almost sounded like a fighting game mechanic.

nope

you could just hit "view posts" or something according to this

also obviously at least one person lol

Actually, Adblock apparently prevents viewing the posts whatsoever.

Though yes you can do that without Adblock on.

And then there's adblock plus, which lets you block the division for ignored posts. No temptation to "View it anyway".

T5rzuGK.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

Why does this topic exist?

Just for the fun of it, I guess. Well, if you can call "speculating on how many people have you on ignore" fun.

Randoman, this is an awkward topic.

I know. I just thought it would be interesting to see how many people would admit to being ignore list-worthy.

I'll admit, I wouldn't be suprised if 2 or 3 people on SF had me on ignore, since I have annoyed them quite a few times.

to the OP: you know that you can look at ignored posts at any time you want, right?

I actually didn't know that. Then again, I'm generally against putting anyone on ignore since I don't want to block out any potential messages from someone that might actually be really important or informative.

30b3e4a681.png

hm

You seriously have me on ignore?

Well, I guess that makes one person I know for sure that has me set to ignore.

You seriously have me on ignore?

Well, I guess that makes one person I know for sure that has me set to ignore.

No, I just did it right then.

I haven't got anyone's posts on ignore, just some signatures which are horrendous.

Darn. Was my post sufficiently sassy at least?

Yes, good job with that.

I dug around in our system settings, looks like Retired Mod could always be ignored.

Man, I could swear they weren't ignorable because someone tried to ignore me in the past but couldn't. Oh well.

I've heard of this ability, but I've never found it.

Then again, I have a poor history of finding obviously labeled settings.

And I don't go on the chat, and don't see why Retired Mods would have that ability anyways.

Also, apparently I'm not ignoring anyone. So if I don't respond to people's posts, it means I'm actively deciding to ignore them every single post they make.

Edit: Apparently I can't ignore myself.

Retired Mods have authority in IP chat, so they also have the ability to create private rooms to sort out user quarrels/issues.

Click name > private chat

Edited by Tangerine

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess four.

Why would anyone put Wist on the Iggy? Barbarians... :P:

Probably, only Chiki.

I really hope im on his. For serious. :facepalm:

I can imagine that there could be about three people who put me on their Iggy. At least there's about four people i hope put me on their Iggy.

/folds arms

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

I know. I just thought it would be interesting to see how many people would admit to being ignore list-worthy.

OKAY. HERE'S HOW IT WORKS.

You stand at the end of a hallway. One door is marked "This is a bad idea". The other is marked "This is a sensible idea". When it comes to awkward things, do NOT fucking open the door that says "This is a bad idea", no matter what your cereal told you this morning. Thank you.

You stand at the end of a hallway. One door is marked "This is a bad idea". The other is marked "This is a sensible idea". When it comes to awkward things, do NOT fucking open the door that says "This is a bad idea", no matter what your cereal told you this morning. Thank you.

it's not a bad topic

Now we are faced with a choice ourselves, the blue pill or the red pill...