Reclass Mafia! Postgames are too much effort

scorri

also; I sincerely hope that beli doesnt mind the impromptu nickname bit honestly I'm not typing that name out on my phone.

Beli is fine, you can shorten it to Bel if that's easier.

except not really

you had several pages worth of content to get reads from SO

you're simply dodging content which is scummy

I've had several pages of nonsense from which I could get reads from SO I voted for Darros because he was my strongest read. I don't like to make town reads Day One because you get a lot more information by Day Two and I don't like to be influenced by overanalyzing the throwaway votes/reads.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay so upon rereading Randa his SB case feels super-forced and the fact that he had to justify it seems really sketchy

also his rebuttal to Darros' #115 is really dumb because that in not in fact the case, active newbies can easily be scum. I don't even know what he's playing at with that post considering his vote at that point is still on the most veteran player in the game (SBuh), even if did correct it later.

also his interactions with SB in general feel really off to me on both ends but moreso on Randa's

##Vote: Randa

also please try not to bring my IRL shit into this game, that is all

You forgot to unvote again, Poly.

Also, since I'm at work now, I'll do rereads at lunch break.

VOTALS

Randa (4): kirsche, SB, Darros, Poly

Darros (3): CT075, Belisarius, Bearclaw

Koneko (1): Kinumi

PKLucas (1): FFM

SB (1): Randa

Ace (1): GP

Kinumi (1): PKLucas

Not Voting (2): Koneko, Ace

There are 60 hours left in the phase.

Weren't you just calling people out for not wanting to posts reads? The "I wanted to get an answer from you" excuse looks kind of like you're just trying to avoid flak you got from your vote imo.

Kinumi/Belisarius, who do you think is scum?

Actually SB there is a difference between not wanting to post because it seems scummy and not wanting to post because your done.

There is a reason why I don't post these cases unless somebody asks for my reads. They are not completely done and the basis isn't infallible. There are holes in it, but we don't have a whole lot to work with ATM.

Versus

I'm taking a sit back and watch position right now, to be honest. Anything I post could make me look just as suspicious as anyone else, but not posting feels like the same thing!

You asked for reads based off of minimal content, they're not gonna be great.

I'm TRYING to contribute mean fully. It's my first mafia game so I'll probably make rookie mistakes.

I'm still suspicious of Randa/Janus. Voting SB off of paranoia just seems odd. And how does that make me seem more suspicious than anyone else here?

I'm just kinda confused about the bolded part. Who's suspicious of you?

lol yeah okay, I didn't realize asking a legitimate question and ignoring the baseless accusations about not posting (aka not being online) would make everyone think I'm mafia 5 hours into the game. I'm not going to respond every time someone says my name just for the sake of getting "called out." I wasn't going to give my opinion until tomorrow when I saw more posts from everyone because this is a 72 hour phase regardless of what happens, but I may as well give it now.

##Vote: Builder Darros

He's overeager to find a mark so early in a 72 hour phase when most people haven't made many posts. He's also playing off of some other members who are posting for the sake of looking active.

Also, it's Belisarius. It's literally right there on your screen so unless you're going to call me Belisaurus Rex - spell it correctly.

The Darros post seems very poor to me. Even for this point in the game. None of what you said is anywhere near scummy.

I'd also lynch Mega Belisaur if Randa gets better content/interactions

You know I don't get less scummy as the game goes along.

how is what beli's doing any worse than everyone else (kinumi in particular comes to mind) so how does asking a blanket question "what are your reads" help move the game forward? i can post "i think x y z are scum for a b c reasons", but that doesn't really help anything (especially because that's easy).

Because it actually gives us shit to work with, like how people react and interact. That's why posting a shit case that makes you look shady as fuck actually benefits the town. It sucks cause your probably gonna get lynched for it, but it does help start the game up.

I'm taking a sit back and watch position right now, to be honest. Anything I post could make me look just as suspicious as anyone else, but not posting feels like the same thing!

Well I'm a newcomer, and seeing how Aces posts played out it didn't seem like a good time to jump in. There's a fair balance of newbies and vets so earlygame would probably have a lot of variation, or something. Nothing concrete enough for my liking.

His reasoning for abstaining from making posts sounds too blatantly anti-town to be scummy.

But the inverse is also true. Overeactive newb=scum. PK's comments can be taken as scumy, but honestly what scum is willing to do that much WIFOM this early in the game. It doesn't make any sense to say the comments were distinctly scum. If anything they were null, same with Ace overreacting to what was essentially nothing. So neither of the strike me as scum yet.

First you claim that overreactive newbs can be scum as well as town - and then you say you don't find PK or Ace scummy? What was the point in stating that first part?

Randa: did the thought that I was trying to get a better read on Poly rather than mislynch him never cross your mind? Especially considering nobody ever gets lynched from RVS posts, this just feels like a really weird leap in logic that I don't like. I picked Poly because he was around and posting so I figured I would get a quicker reaction. Your Poly suspicion is also doesn't work with it either, you suggest that his reaction to my post was scummy but then you say I was trying to mislynch him anyway? It reads like two suspicions that you just slapped together under the pretense of looking productive.

##Unvote

lets gooooooooooooooo

This seems defensive, but he does raise some good points about Randa, such as his poor justifications for his SB vote.

Kirsche and Darros seem antagonistic but that's par for the course. I still stand by my Ace = Newb Town assessment, especially since she seems to be contributing well since the AtE earlier. Belasarius, Kinumi, Koneko and PK need moar content. Everyone else is null.

##Unvote

@Randa/Janus: the bolded part was directed at Cam. FFM does raise a good point though, your reasoning for voting SB that early on feels poorly justified. SB right now is a null read. You dismiss me and PKLucas as newbies therefore we can't be scum, yet you also claim over reactive newbies can be scum. Rather contridictory.

@Randa/Janus: the bolded part was directed at Cam. FFM does raise a good point though, your reasoning for voting SB that early on feels poorly justified. SB right now is a null read. You dismiss me and PKLucas as newbies therefore we can't be scum, yet you also claim over reactive newbies can be scum. Rather contridictory. ##Vote: Randa

Did you just skim through the entire like thread or did you just miss the fact that I corrected myself the very next post. Posts 118/119 if you want specifics. It was a typo. Darros stated that overreactive newbs can be scum, I stated that over reactive newbs are not automatically scum.

But the inverse is also true. Overeactive newb=scum. PK's comments can be taken as scumy, but honestly what scum is willing to do that much WIFOM this early in the game. It doesn't make any sense to say the comments were distinctly scum. If anything they were null, same with Ace overreacting to what was essentially nothing. So neither of the strike me as scum yet.

That should be does not equal scum.

btw Randa do you still find me scummy? Your posts kind of imply you don't but your vote is still there.

Not really I just keep forgetting to Unvote.

The wagon looks better when you realize Kirsche's vote was RVS #promemory. Still 4 votes in 4 pages where there was nothing before those pages is kind of weird.

2 votes on page 7. SB and Darros.

SB: Just said what I think

Darros: I already talked about this. Not good. He seems to be voting him for a reason that sheeps SB (bad case) and something that's not really scummy (dismissal of newbs).

0 votes on Page 8

1 vote on page 9

Poly's vote bugs me because he seems to pad it a lot (what does Randa's vote being on SB while he's talking about newbs mean? He's saying he finds them null so naturally his vote will be elsehwere). Also, context tells us that Randa means overreactive newbs doesn't always = scum not overreactive newbs =/= scum. So he's basically voting Randa for his SB interactions which raises the question, which ones? Can you please specify?

Ace's vote on page 10 (THIS ONE) is just awful also but I have to go eat breakfast so reasons shall come later.

Holy shit why are you all sheeping randa over something I still don't understand the scumminess behind.

This was unnecessarily aggressive and against what I had told bel to do just a few hours earlier, my apologies.

Current scumdar: Darros >> Poly (that vote on randa really is bugging me, I'll iso him after breakfast). I'll go for a few more reads later

Okay I'm still half playing it while I make this post but still.

@Cam, OMGUS is "you voted me you must be scum" without looking at the post itself. I'm not gonna give someone immunity from suspicion just because they vote me. It also seems kinda weird how your vote was on Darros considering the amount you ripped into Randa.

@Beli: what makes Darros' attempts to find scum any different to the rest of the game doing it? And how does scum benefit from appearing to be active? Your suspicion just looks highly reactionary.

I don't even know what he's playing at with that post considering his vote at that point is still on the most veteran player in the game (SBuh), even if did correct it later.

Uh, what? How does me playing a lot of games stop me from being scum? Also kirsche has been playing longer than me but idk about the number of games.

also his interactions with SB in general feel really off to me on both ends but moreso on Randa's

What's off about my interactions with Randa and why have you not addressed them anywhere else?

bear's Darros case is actually pretty good. 8/10 would sheep, hopefully Rein subs in and rages at this.

I've had several pages of nonsense from which I could get reads from SO I voted for Darros because he was my strongest read. I don't like to make town reads Day One because you get a lot more information by Day Two and I don't like to be influenced by overanalyzing the throwaway votes/reads.

Having reads D1 is good. Nothing stops you from changing your mind over time, does it?

I don't like how quickly the wagon on Randa has built up tbh, it feels like a lot of people are just jumping on the wagon to look productive without actually looking at Randa's posts now. FFM is the person who looks the worst from doing it imo, I can't really tell /why/ he's voting Randa unless he's blatantly sheeping my case, the only one of his posts he addressed was corrected later but he ignored it which makes me feel like he's not really reading Randa too closely. The only other reads he has are townreads echoed from other people, and filler comments like "kirsche" is being antagoinstic. This was never even brought up by anyone so what was the point of it? Feels like scum padding their post up imo.

##Unvote

##Vote: FFM

kirsche where are you halp ;_;

Just bought a WiiU :3

Seriously though, I'd rather wait for something to come up before taking any random guesses, like I just learned the hard way.

Taking random guesses is fine, I think the problem most people had is that they weren't sure if what you put was actually a random vote or not.

Anything I post could make me look just as suspicious as anyone else, but not posting feels like the same thing!

You shouldn't avoid posting because it might seem suspicious as that means that you're not trying to contribute to scumhunting. You should just #yolo everything as both alignments and eventually you'll start yoloing the unsuspicious things.

making uninformed posts too early could steer town in the wrong direction.

This seems like a newbtown thought process. If a more experienced player came out with this I'd be suspicious though.

SELF META BEEP BEEP BEEP

Man, it isn't actually scummy but this attitude has been bugging me for a while: what does this do to contribute to anything? Either you say the meta is wrong or you have done nothing to alleviate the problem. Saying "oh you're biased" doesn't actually tell us if his bias actually came into play.

And you're still not voting anyone so I'm not sure who you find suspicious/what you found suspicious. Is using self-meta scummy? Is randomly determining SB to be scum by just looking at the playerlist for an RVS vote scummy? Is not wanting to look suspicious scummy?

I still think it's too early for me to pinpoint a hard scum read because we've been playing for a whopping four hours

Ok you sorta answered my question(s) in this post (although you only say what PKLucas did was scummy), but why are you still not voting them? It's not like other people aren't voting weak scumreads at this point.

This is all scummy because by keeping his vote to himself he gives himself flexibility to vote the most convenient wagon later on if he so chooses.

he's new so it makes me feel uncomfortable outright saying that.

NEWBIE DOES NOT NECESSARILY = TOWN

Isn't this a huge contradiction?

Belisarius did the same; why aren't you suspicious of him?

What do you think of SB's Randa case? What do you think of Darros/the cases on Darros?

Beli is null until we see more meat to his content. Cam is obvtown. SB's Randa case is still solid sheeping/10. FFM seems townier than usual.

Randa, it's all well and good to post shit cases to see reactions (I do the same frequently), but you need to get reads from doing it. For starters, you should explain why SB is looking townier now (aside from his case on you I don't really remember him doing much), what your thoguhts on Poly are and what you make of people's cases on Darros.

Randa > Darros

Also; Randa, who do you think is scum if you don't think SB is?

Honestly I think ace strikes me as the most likely right now. The vote on me seems opportunistic, given that she has stating suspicion for two pages and only when five other people have voted is she actually willing to stand by her suspicions. Seems like scum trying to blend in, but I think you have the same though process. Not sure but whatever. I do not however think Darros is scum, the actual vote struck as just early game sheep SB. Belarius was overly defensive so I'm not horribly thrilled about him right now, same with Poly.

So as it stands

Ace>Belarius>Poly>Lurkers>everybody else.

I will vote in my next post but I want to reread and see if I missed anything.

So things I've noticed while rereading.

Ace: Starts stating suspicion of me and SB on page 7, however never states why he's suspicious of SB, and doesn't follow through with her suspicions until page 10. Strikes me as looking set one of us up of the other flips town. Might be overthinking here. Also never really states why he changes his mind on SB.

Poly: He seems the same as usual to me. And for bizzare I always think Poly's scum. I don't know why. Sorry dude.

Belisauris: Really seems very aggressive in his few content post. Like really aggressive. That's more null to me, but not sure what others thing.

FFM: Possible White Knight? Seems to be willing to wave off all of Ace's mistakes as newb plays, even to a higher degree than the rest of us. If Ace flips scum I would feel very confident that FFM is scum.

All that being said. ##unvote

##Vote Ace Striker

I'd like to hear why you dropped your suspicions on GP and SB.

SB I'm here now but why cut me.

Uh, what? How does me playing a lot of games stop me from being scum? Also kirsche has been playing longer than me but idk about the number of games.

Yeah I'm OG as fuck sheep me.

it feels like a lot of people are just jumping on the wagon to look productive without actually looking at Randa's posts now.

Ok cool, most of them are just sheeping you or others though so it's not really giving off the looks of being proactive. Also, who is guilty of this, because if it's just FFM then it's hardly a scum-pushed mislynch. I feel like this is a really easy way of jumping off of the Randa wagon. is Randa still scummy to you/if not where's the town intent in his recent posts? What do you make of my point regarding the lack of conclusions from his weak cases and his jump to saying you're town?

Tbh I can't really criticise FFM for reading Randa's posts poorly because my attention to them has been rather limited myself (scorri should put ISOs in the op). It might be the whole recency thing, but FFM's latest post feels like he's putting effort in to analyse the game and makes more sense to me than FFM is known for. That said I would like him to comment on other's cases.

I reread Randa's recent wall because of SB and I'm actually struggling to comprehend some of his own points. I don't really know what he means by being "done" and

Because it actually gives us shit to work with, like how people react and interact. That's why posting a shit case that makes you look shady as fuck actually benefits the town. It sucks cause your probably gonna get lynched for it, but it does help start the game up.

This is fair enough, but then why were you so reluctant to make the shit case to begin with, if you wanted to push the game along by making a shit case why didn't you make it before you were prodded to make one? This is just an excuse for his appeasement imo.