Qprogue Mafia - Game Over

Prims

I'm just gonna grab this little quotewall by Refa because I can. Shin, you said that your death would be detrimental while you were on the hotseat. From my perspective, it looks like you said that to keep yourself alive during the earlier phases. The fact that you're rescinding it now with that logic looks really scummy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still think it's Shin/Beli, as I've been on the latter's case all game long. . .second would be Shin/SB. I can't really see Refa as scum, and if Mancer is scum, hats off to an amazing game.

Due to how everything panned out, I'm up for a Shin lynch.

Your read on me was "I don't see why scum would put a boulder in front of Xin". How has that changed? You haven't exactly said why scum would do that.

You can't move the boulder, but you knew you had a strongman that could bypass it. You used it to clear yourself by association.

I must be scum for saying that Xinnidy was hit by a strongman. And Refa must be scum, too, because his role implied that a strongman existed, yet he said nothing. Unless someone is an unclaimed town roleblocker who operates on Fire/Water, it would've been nigh-impossible to prevent that kill.

Implying that the only thing your watch is good for is kills (hint: it's not).

I'm not really sure what you're trying to tell me here. It was Shin's role, and Shin alone knew the weakness. Prims said in the update that Xinnidy was untargettable, whereas Shin knew untargettable meant could be strongmanned.

In this situation it is. With 2 basically cleared cits, one of which everyone is telling me to watch, do you really think you would have been a better watch target?

##Select Fire

I wouldn't fuss with those preparations for tomorrow, but I'd like to thank SB and the academy for making this possible. The basis of this scumread is that I did not share the full details of my role and everybody seems to be cool with going along with a lynch set by SB and sheeped by Beli.

Day 4.2 Votals

Shin (3) - Belisarius, Refa, eclipse

Belisarius (2) - MancerNecro, Shin

Not Voting (1) - SB.

Fighter has been hammered as town's second class for the day as of this post.

You have 6 hours left in the phase. With 6 alive, it takes 4 to hammer.

I was more referring to Beli and Refa, but hey. I'm gonna be busy for a little while so the chances are I'm dead and gg. Have fun raising your pitchforks and torches!

Shin was all "How are you guys gonna lynch a rock? Scum so silly :P." So town brought in a gigantic drill, and some spare dynamite, too, just to be extra safe.

VBj64za.png

Shin - Adularia - Town Loud Blacksmith - lynched Day 4

With no minerals around to rockblock scum's nightkill, the rest of the townies had no chance to survive the mafian onslaught. Mancer was tragically shot and killed only 2 weeks before he retired and got a long version.

0ngWNXt.png

MancerNecro - diagram - Town Dark Co-Driver / Earth Neighbor - endgamed Day 4

eclipse was picked off shortly afterwards. RIP eclipse she was the best recent Nekomata Master song other than INSOMNIA. And Afro Knuckle. Probably Following Flow and Flying soda, too. I dunno Nekomata Master writes lots of good music.

S32eUVE.png

eclipse - Element of SPADA - Town Macho Jack of All Trades - endgamed Day 4

SB wasn't even originally from SPADA, but he died anyway.

rDLe9Vv.png

SB. - VOX UP - Town Holy Tracker - endgamed Day 4

At last, all the townies were eliminated! Having finally acheived TRUE DOMINATION over the town, Refa struck a cool pose before riding off into the sunset but to Kirby Super Star music or something that wasn't invoker now that the youtube link in his role PM was dead.

ZQ3B5XT.png

Refa - invoker - Mafia Dark Census Taker / Fire Strongman + Vengeful + Bulletproof - won Day 4

BBM came back to life upon reading Refa's flip. "hey isn't invoker a MOBA character, I mean I would know because there's no better way to relax after a long, tiring day of browsing memebase than playing shitty video games!!!!" His question would go ignored, however, as in what was probably the most fitting flavor assignment this game, Belisarius was too busy being a smugnoxious douchebag to care.

:smug: :smug: :smug:

Belisarius - Smug Face (ONLY ONE EDITION) - Mafia Water Watcher / Godfather - won Day 4

And so Konami got away with falsely advertising disc 2 of the SPADA OST Vol. 2. At least there's always the really really good long version of Adularia to listen to oh wait Shin got lynched because you guys are fuckers.

Congratulations to the Mafia team of Belisarius, Bluedoom and Refa for winning Qprogue Mafia!

I made a shitty picture to commemorate this occasion which will no longer be relevant when I change my avatar in like 5 minutes.

AttackOnTown_zps76abf2b3.png

Postgame, Pt. 2

The Set-up:

The gimmick was in part inspired by eclipse's Semi-Precious mafia where all players would have power roles but only under certain conditions, but for this game I wanted town to control what abilities could be used and be able to look back on elemental votes as further "objective data" (- Proto).

I started out with one strong power role for each element + a bunch of supporting roles but then realized that would make scum have really bad claims, so I made the watcher scum and gave it Godfather in case town went the other direction and figured at least one strong power role had to be scum. I am pretty frustrated the way the rolespec went down since it borders into "right for wrong reasons" but to be fair I did pick the watcher as the scum role just because I hate watcher. The driver was fragmented because driver is quite strong and I thought the element gimmick could make the neighbor mechanic interesting.

This game originally did not have an indie, but I changed the hydra to be one while making it because I felt it had been too long since I had designed an "interesting" indie role like Reimu from Touhou NOCfia. It was also originally for 13 players before Manix said 9:3:1 was a bit much, so I added in the element swapper which actually became one of town's most vital roles. Unfortunately neither of the roles I just mentioned ended up doing anything. That's role madness I guess.

I hate extensions so I figured rather than letting people ask for them if they fuck up they could just get one through the game mechanics. Was disappointed it basically amounted to 96 hour days even when town didn't need them though. imo people who place too much weight on discussion time are being anti-town; I would rather have a 48 hour day where town talks about what's important and gets shit done than a 96 hour day full of arguing back and forth; the latter essentially becomes a waste of time that makes re-reading painful. What I'm saying is that Day 1 was way too god damn spammy.

Flavor Stuff No One Cares About:

I really just made the game SPADA flavored because it fit the gimmick and was on my mind at the time I made the set-up; I am not a flavor person if you haven't noticed by now.

Songs choices were distributed between non-Qprogue songs I like a lot (diagram, invoker, INSOMNIA), actual Qprogue songs and songs from other SPADA events put in to give each event representation (except the GUMI event because fuck that, and the pyramid event since it happened after the set-up was finalized). The watcher was originally Lighting Shower, and the tracker was originally Last Dance before Qprogue DX came out. I didn't put in Insane Techniques even though it's my favorite song from SPADA because I had already used it as an alias in that one manix game and thought making it a role would be weird.

Since I started the set-up before Qprogue DX there were only two songs from it which was probably kind of lame, but oh well. I briefly considered adding in M.D.Injection as a TOWN PUPPETMASTER to troll eclipse after Healer but decided it wasn't worth it.

Role Assignment:

alright time to rng roles for my new mafia game, let's see what hap*refa is scum, via rolls tracker and marf is the second closest to a joat* god damn it

Everything Else:

I will post role PMs and my comments on each role when I'm feeling more up to writing; don't expect much player commentary though as I don't follow games as closely as I used to. I'm getting too old for mafia now that I'm the tired age of 18.

Edited by Prims

that's actually pretty spectacular

worth playing just for that though i wanted to be mikasa

Well, I based it on the power of our actual roles, so Marthipan got Mikasa. ;_;

I knew I was getting somewhere when I doubted Refa's claim.

Also, I had Marth, SB and Refa all pinned down as scum reads in my role PM but was just unable to get town to vote for you guys. Refa's Vengeful claim was hard to argue past.....

Also, I wish I could say "I told you so" regarding Shin's flip but meh the ones who really went after Shin were mostly scum anyway.

Hate you, town for being inactive and for the bad lynch and vig targets.....

EDIT: Did SB just win as mafia to sub into another game and win as mafia again?

Edited by MancerNecro