Qprogue Mafia - Game Over

Prims

Hello I've been a bit irresponsible about managing my workload but I should be able to exist again!

Mancer, quick important question: On the parenthesis to the side of the ability that'd let you talk to Poly if earth got voted, does it say active or passive?

For what it's also worth: Refa, is your vengeful active or passive?

Shin, is your ability non-elemental? Do you lack any other ability besides that? Clarity wouldn't be unappreciated.

I'm kinda still pissed off at myself for not vigging bbm because as I reread I feel more confident he is scum.

His role presumably can use the abilities forever as long as the targets were killed and the fact he keeps harping on the setup being off to cause role-based suspicion on people despite his own role makes me think it's a very bothersome attempt to spread suspicion, and he's done it a lot this phase. (Wifom might not always come from scum, but BBM's reads literally flew around to account for everybody as possibly scum except the "cleared townies" and Mancer (which afaic is cleared townie))

I don't understand why people weren't proposing or even giving thought to lynching BBM today and vigging Shin tomorrow (or at least that's the vibe that rereading gets me) as they're the pivotal scumreads of this phase. The only case where this would lead to two town mislynches would mean an SB/Belisarius scumteam (BBM flipping town would make Refa obvtown fmpov, as his continuous hard defences of a townie as scum + role seem fairly unlikely to me). BBM arguing it because his role is the only thing that'd help us catch scum!Beli is just plain untrue and feels like he's trying to sell his role high to live. (which wouldn't be inherently scummy if it didn't explicitly try to put me at risk just to attempt to clear himself wherein there're better ways for town to win fmpov such as taking Refa + one of Mancer/me/eclipse (probably mancer) to 3P)

The most I'd come to terms with bbm is if he tried to use cop *BUT* he's having second thoughts about it because of Godfather out of nowhere already which feels like setting up future excuses so screw that.

There's also the disabler, which was never brought up but would clear his role because from what we know by mancer it's meant to tell a target they've been disabled, which would confirm BBM's role with flipped disabler (this technically wouldn't help town as much as prior roles, but my main gripe with BBM is that he .

I'd agree with SB that activating water would be a good idea until I remembered that water also has the roleblocker according to Marth (which, admittedly, *could* be BS). I'd probably be ok with Holy still and have SB pick his target from belisarius/refa (or belisarius/shin if BBM flips town?) but not telling which today.

Also I just noticed phase end is really soon where is the usual phase end rush.

Requesting votals because iirc BBM is at L-1 and while I'm fine with hammering iirc wind is still the most voted for element? Which will be truly useless to us in this case.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's also the disabler, which was never brought up but would clear his role because from what we know by mancer it's meant to tell a target they've been disabled, which would confirm BBM's role with flipped disabler (this technically wouldn't help town as much as prior roles, but my main gripe with BBM is that he .

*is that he pushes things which I can't confirm fmpov because if he's scum it's easy to forge a JK on me or somebody without night abilities tonight, not to mention cop reports, and has a very powerful claim that he *could* confirm instead)

Finishing sentences is an important survival skill.

Day 3.5 Votals

BBM (4) - Shin, SB., MancerNecro, Belisarius (L-1!)

Shin (2) - Refa, BBM

Belisarius (1) - eclipse

Refa (1) - SB.

SB. (1) - Belisarius

Not Voting (2) - BBM, Xinnidy

Class Selection

Cleric (3) - SB., Xinnidy, BBM

Viking (2) - Belisarius, Refa

Archer (1) - MancerNecro

Indecisive (2): eclipse, Shin

You have 2 hours and 7 minutes left in the phase. With 8 alive, it takes 5 to hammer.

what the fuck Mancer that is a terrible argument and actually annoys the shit out of me; no shit I am going to start joking around a little when 5/7 players in the game other than me think I am scum and a sixth has refused to take any real stance, I'm at L-1, and there are <12 hour left in the phase. If you actually READ MY POSTS you'll see that I've talked in detail about what to do after I flip and have also talked about other people's posts. So yeah this is really fucking annoying please never say this again

Xinny that is also a bad argument because SB's role is also easy to fake and so is Beli's. In fact my role is harder to fake than either of their's because the Disabler would be super difficult to prove if I wasn't actually a Gravedigger. So the only person whose role is "confirmed" is Shin's.

BTW my rolename is actually Backup so there's no confusion tomorrow. I don't know why Prims named it Backup when it's basically the same as my role in Kirby (which was named Gravedigger) plus the element gimmick.

yawn Shin once again refusing to fullclaim and then talking about how that's a bad case when it's like 5% of my case

man maybe this is just my frustration from being about to be mislynched but Xinny's post is really annoying me too

like wth most of my posts don't take roles into account at all it is in fact YOU AND MANCER AND SB that are giving Shin a free pass until tomorrow because "oh he has a provable omniguard" when I am the one arguing he is scum off interactions and thread-play so this is BS

and I don't know why you're asking why nobody is considering lynching me and then vigging Shin tomorrow when this is what everybody except Refa has advocated and is literally what is about to happen.

and as for me waffling and suspecting everyone in the thread today; I still came to a conclusion at the end, and taking all possibilities into account before settling on something is generally better play

and people were suspecting me earlier because I was tunneling on Elie D1 so lol (yeah yeah it's scummy more because Marth was the counterwagon then because I was tunneling whatever not really)

Thanks votals I thought phase end was much sooner.

Shin not being present right now or at least earlier while he had time to post and only posted a short defence is awfully inconvenient (though I know timezones are unfortunate but only one post today?).

Tbh I don't see refascum even if he's defending BBM hard and Shin's been more than useless and coasty this phase even if I felt his D2 explained his D1 actions. Sheeping SB early is one thing but not contributing with regards claim is a valid point (I'd still prefer to vig him tomorrow as stated for my own safety and a chance to eliminate more scum).

Another person who's been pinging me is beli and he'll look much worse after flip by how he's pushing . I'd look onto beli/shin or beli/sb if a town flip, but definitely belisarius if scum flip.

Actually on rereading belisarius/shin seems more unlikely than belisarius/sb because of how he interprets shin's role D3. Though it's incriminating if shin flips and his role was actually allignment-dependent rather than non elemental.

I want to read sb further but walls are hard mrgrgr.

Xinny that is also a bad argument because SB's role is also easy to fake and so is Beli's. In fact my role is harder to fake than either of their's because the Disabler would be super difficult to prove if I wasn't actually a Gravedigger. So the only person whose role is "confirmed" is Shin's.

BTW my rolename is actually Backup so there's no confusion tomorrow. I don't know why Prims named it Backup when it's basically the same as my role in Kirby (which was named Gravedigger) plus the element gimmick.

yawn Shin once again refusing to fullclaim and then talking about how that's a bad case when it's like 5% of my case

Then push disabler or at least cop again. I personally *am* willing to test that one out more than tracker or watcher but it went unmentioned for the entire day in favor of JK which I explicitly didn't want. I personally want to know if it would disable shin's omniguard for reasons, but using your cop on shin/belisarius/sb wouldn't be something I'd have an issue with if it was actually pushed rather than "oh maybe there's a GF" which while valid is really unhelpful in this situation (also I doubt that off of 2 remaining scum both would be GFs).

Refa and SB's exchange is useless because they are just tossing the same points back and forth. In fact, until Xinnidy, eclipse, Shin and Bellysaurus, any discussions we have will just be the same points being repeated over and over again between SB, BBM, Refa and I. At least one of SB and Refa is scum FMPOV though because of how much clutter their discussion is making.

What the fuck. 1) I made 3 replies posts to him about my BBM read, how in the world is that cluttering up the thread up in any capacity and 2) Let's say I was cluttering up the thread (even though I specifically mentioned I would be making an active effort not to do that). Why is that scummy?

For what it's also worth: Refa, is your vengeful active or passive?

I'd agree with SB that activating water would be a good idea until I remembered that water also has the roleblocker according to Marth (which, admittedly, *could* be BS). I'd probably be ok with Holy still and have SB pick his target from belisarius/refa (or belisarius/shin if BBM flips town?) but not telling which today.

Requesting votals because iirc BBM is at L-1 and while I'm fine with hammering iirc wind is still the most voted for element? Which will be truly useless to us in this case.

It's passive. I pick someone during the night phase, but I don't actually target them.

...That was part of Marth's claim.

I did suggest Cop several times before; but the feeling I got from you was that you considered it more important that you survive tonight than any investigation reports town might get. And since if I Cop I can't protect you, Shin would have to also be spared for the day- and people mostly wanted to lynch between me and Shin.

So like... I don't mind Copping someone but at this stage that would mean a Beli turbo?

^^I don't think there are enough people for a Beli turbo?

Basically I'm voting Water so that Beli is forced to target eclipse (regardless of alignment), and another confirmed townie (or close to it, whatever) gets to live tomorrow and scum has to PoE themselves further (which means that tomorrow should be an auto) rather than relying on SB to track and catch scum. Close beside my knowledge lies my black ignorance.

also fwiw I just got a response from Prims about Backup vs Gravedigger

I misread my role PM- it was supposed to be that I passively gained abilities from the people who died during the last two phases, if their element was active, but only for use that night (kind of like Euklyd's role from CYOR). But Prims made a mistake when wording my PM so I don't have the restriction of only being able to use it that night.

So, I could technically like Cop/Disable someone even if we picked Water/Holy but you'd still have to lynch not-Shin for Xinny to not-die so meh?

I've been dreading'

For a day like this to come

Struck like lightnin'

My heart's beating like a drum

On the edge of something terrible

Face to face with lynches

What's it all about?

Life is crazy

And I know I can't work it out

Cause' I got only Refa defending me

I don't feel good, I can't take on the world

Turn off the lights, I'm going to get lynched

I'm singing no no no

no no no no

I've got a ticket to the bottom of the graveyard

I'm goin' down, I'm on the last ride of my life

I'm singing no no no

no no no no

because if I spam enough song lyrics I'll be like Paperblade and never get mislynched right?

of course, that would come at the expense of being obvious scum so maybe not a good trade-off

wait nevermind I don't "backup" abilities until the night so I don't have access to Cop yet so we would in fact need to pick Wind

man my role is a lot less straightforward than I thought it was

also because Earth wasn't picked the night after Rapier died I don't have access to the jailkeep and never will either

man that sure would have been awkward if we'd lynched Shin and then picked Earth

but I would have been obvtown after Shin flipped scum anyways, so

Without music, life would be a mistake. Also that was amazing. Also also, I tried calculating who'd make it to tomorrow assuming we vote Water and lynch BBM (assuming that my AMAZING townread is correct, if he is scum then it's autowin regardless so who wants to plan for that). We'd have all of these people going into the night phase;

Belisarius

eclipse

MancerNecro

SB

Refa

Shin

Xinnidy

Assuming scum doesn't still have a Strongman (hopefully that was one of Marthipan's roles lol), one of SB/Mancer/Belisarius/Shin would die. So the next day we'd have

eclipse

Xinnidy

Refa

3 unconfirmed townies

Xinnidy could dayvig one of them (and by one of them, I mean Shin), and we can lynch between the two in the following days for an autowin. So people should totally sheep my Water vote even if they think Beli is scum (I believe that the scum is still between him and Mancer but apparently noone agrees with me on the second one) because it's the best play.

Also I'm off to take a Linear Algebra midterm for the next 1-2 hours. Wish me luck, nerds! Against boredom even gods struggle in vain.

ok I was actually wrong about my role in the last post as well but I'm too lazy to correct myself because it doesn't really matter very much and I'd probably get it wrong again anyways

if we don't pick Watcher then it'll probably be Eclipse who dies over Mancer but like that's not really a huge deal? If Eclipse's Dark ability is one of her strongest remaining and it's just a Networker then Eclipse's abilities are probably not that good on a whole? The strength of her role comes in the versatility of being able to do something no matter what (well, unless you pick the same two elements three times in a row) rather than the actual abilities themselves.

meanwhile SB actually has a chance to definitively catch scum on the nightkill, which I think is more important than protecting Eclipse

Watcher on Eclipse won't catch scum; it'll just force scum to make a slightly suboptimal kill choice. Tracker might get scum or might get nothing, so I guess it's higher risk higher reward?

I'd think then we'd want to protect eclipse and force the sub-optimal kill since eclipse's role might enable us to help find scum. Another thing is that eclipse dying does not really help town out since she has been so inactive and has so little interactions that it's almost better to let scum night kill one of the four of us who are talking so much anyways.