SF Interviews - Nomination for #38

Makaze

To be honest, SF's community is just incapable of participating in threads like this one the way they were intended. Eventually they always end up a weapon for bothering other users or as some kind of competition (both of which can be seen here, as early as the third round...).

Even if you created rules against vote stuffing, it would still happen.

That's a given. If I made a rule it would be against vote campaigning, not vote stuffing. Vote stuffing doesn't bother me as much as self-promotion does. Doubly so if it's done through the reserve psychology of self-deprecation.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I don't care that much about either. It only gets my attention when they're being used to bother people, and everyone loses their game when that happens. It's like kindergarten sometimes!

My first initial post was merely meant as a joke, but I suppose it did get to my head eventually... My emotions are very unstable so thatddefinitely played a part in this. It was not my intention to cause this thread to go to shit. I just want everyone to stop fighting and arguing.. I hate when people fight...

It is locked, you've been promoted to moderator and are disregarding my orders by continuing to post in a locked thread. I think a demotion is on the horizon for you.

Well as long as I don't have to worry about detention...

My first initial post was merely meant as a joke, but I suppose it did get to my head eventually... My emotions are very unstable so thatddefinitely played a part in this. It was not my intention to cause this thread to go to shit. I just want everyone to stop fighting and arguing.. I hate when people fight...

If you aren't mature enough to handle the results of the joke, don't make it. Now you know.

If you aren't mature enough to handle the results of the joke, don't make it. Now you know.

Mmhm.

If you wish to disqualify me forever, feel free to.

As someone who hates rigging of any kind, it was very hypocritical and stupid to let myself participate in it.

It's your choice. I don't mind either way.

You are set to opt-out since your declaration. I can see now that that was a ploy for attention since you assumed I didn't take it seriously.

Pay attention.

Edited by Makaze

I do have a suggestion, Makaze. How about disallowing changing votes? So people think more about who to vote for than just changing on the spot or to spite someone as happened earlier this week.

Edited by Yuelia

I do have a suggestion, Makaze. How about disallowing changing votes? So people think more about who to vote for than just changing on the spot.

That's not bad. I'll do it.

on a scale of 0 to 10 how spicy is your mom's curry

what other language do you speak

why are you such a filthy indian

1) Well usually my dad does the cooking, so I'll just say 8.8 (totally unexpected answer).

2) Sarcasm. Only language in the world that's worth speaking other than American.

3) Just cause. I don't know how to play any instruments though, so I probably fail on that level.

Refa;

How gay are you, and are you gay enough to be gay with me?

Why do you hate it when people pronounce your name as Ree-fah (you know, correctly)?

Can you reply to more people with Dinosaur comics?

Top 2 roles for ITP/Town/Mafia and why?

Why do you change your avatar so often?

Bonus question that you can sub for any one of the above, who would you invite into the FE6 Tag Team, as the guest player, since you've YET to give me an answer and shot down my suggestion

1) I have similar gay levels to Helios (when checked by a gaydar), which means that I'm not gay enough to gay with you. :<

2) Because it's the incorrect pronunciation, dammit! I don't actually hate it though, otherwise I'd be mad when people said Roofa.

3) I was going to reply to this post with a Dinosaur Comic, but it'd be way too much effort and a Q/A format wouldn't mesh well. So there's your answer on that front.

4) Town: Question Asker (broken as fuck), Sensor (the next best thing)

Mafia: Lynchproof (now you don't have to effort), Day Vigilante (killing people during the day is awesome)

ITP: Day Vigilante (unlimited dayvig works), Suicidal (because ITP's always fuck me over, why not fuck themselves over)

5) I change my avatar whenever I really like someone from something I'm watching/playing. So that's probably why, heh.

Bonus Answer: Euklyd, he seems like someone who is very timely with his LP updates and never procrastinates ever.

1. If this were to theoretically continue (since apparently the sheer level of drama turned this thread into a salt mine even Reynad would envy), who would you want interviewed that hasn't been already (you can choose as many people as you want)?

2. What are your thoughts on the future of humanity where most occupations are done by automation?

3. What future technology currently being developed are you interested in?

4. Do you follow politics at all? If so, what are you thoughts on the current situation at your country's, other country's, and/or the global level?

I think that's all I've got for now. A few of the other questions I would've asked got asked.

1. Honestly there are way too many people, but the first ones who come to mind are Rein, Euklyd, Specta, Lord Raven, Damian, and Kinumi.

2. That'd be a very interesting future to live in. I don't think it'd have a negative impact on humanity on the whole (although I can see how it can have some negative effects, the obvious being less jobs for humans) either.

3. I'm interested in robotics technology, because there are so many possibilities on that front (as long as they don't take over the world, that would suck). Not sure if they're actually being developed, but obviously time machines as well because being able to time travel would be so cool. Also teleportation machines because I really fucking hate airports (yes, that's my reasoning; deal with it).

4. Not really, sorry. Every time I hear about political issues or whatever and look it up to see what the fuss is about, I find myself agreeing with nobody in the end; so maybe it's for the best that I'm not actually too invested in politics because it'd probably make me really mad in the end.

1. What is your favourite song?

2. If(/when) you were named Ruler of the World, what would be your first decree?

3. When you were a small child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

4. If you had to be any animal other than a human, which would you be (T-Rex counts, of course)?

1. Don't really have one, so I'll just go with Don't Stop Me Now because I'm listening to it now. Wait, now I'm listening to Space Jam so it can get mentioned here too (although I like some of the remixes more, like this one).

2. My first decree would be required rations; that is that everyone would be legally entitled to a certain amount of food (enough to live a reasonably healthy life). Anything more than that and you'd have to pay though (although maybe there'd be like some free desert days, I dunno). My second decree would be to let people marry whoever the fuck they want.

3. I wanted to be a paleontologist because fuck yeah, digging up dinosaurs.

4. Normally I'd pick T-Rex, but it'd be a bit lonely. : < I'll go with dolphin, because they can feel emotions just like us.

1) Favorite Book?

2) Classic Mega Man Series or X?

1) Bartimaeus Trilogy, probably. I'd usually explain myself here, but it's kind of hard when I haven't read the books in question in like forever! I just remember really enjoying the various writing styles (the books tend to flip perspectives amongst multiple characters, kind of like the Heroes of Olympus books but better) and how the characters developed between books.

2) Probably Classic overall, because it's a much more consistently entertaining series for me (and I've played way more of them, so that probably contributes to my opinion here). That being said, my favorite Mega Man game is Mega Man X and X2/X4 were also some of the best games of the series (sorry Xinny, I don't like X3 as much as you do : <) so it's not that I think the X series is worse; it just has a greater fluctuation in quality overall (then again, I haven't played any of the bad X games, so this is more just going off of hearsay; maybe I'll love MMX7 and change my opinion here in a few years).

1. Why are you always maf?

2. Why am I never maf with you?

1. My theory was because my color last Christmas was red, which is a scummy as fuck color to be. This year I'm green, so maybe my luck will be reversed once and for all!

2. We were mafia together in Yume Nikki! I think I got mad at you for something silly there though, so we should definitely have a do over in a future game. It'd be great for me, since I wouldn't be worried about mislynching you (which is the worst, mislynching people as town sucks)!

okay so

REFA

QUESTION THE FIRST

Have you read Snow Crash yet?

QUESTION THE SECOND

If you have: Why haven't you told me yet?

If you have not: When are you planning to read it?

QUESTION THE THIRD (may not be applicable)

Who is your favorite character? and why is it Uncle Enzo?

QUESTION THE FOURTH (possibly third)

Why did it take so long?

QUESTION THE LAST

What's the point of having people of the same alignment if they can't win together? :(

and with that I'm done with this thread thanks guys it's been fun

Answer the First) I still have not, despite owning a copy of the book!

Answer the Second) My mom finished reading our copy, so I can probably get on that after my finals are over (I have one on Friday).

Answer the Third) Hiro Protagonist, even though I haven't read the book. The answer is because obvious.

Answer the Fourth) Because I'm lazy and the internet is a very distracting place. Focusing on books is like hard, dude.

Answer the Last) There is no answer to that question. :(

QUESTIONS

why did you never continue that blog about the POCKET MONSTERS anime? I actually thought it was a pretty cool read.

what are you studying in school? I'm sure you've told me at some point but I forget.

edit: why did you pick rebecca second in that draft you linked earlier hahahahaha

1) Huh, really? I figured most people wouldn't be interested, I should probably continue it. I was actually going to make a post on the anniversary of my review of the first episode, but then I forgot about it and was really sad.

2) Computer Science...well, to be more specific, my degree is called Software Engineering which is like a lamer version.

3) I DON'T EVEN KNOW. I never even used archers besides Neimi, so I must have somehow got the idea that she was amazing (or because I put way too much value into availability).

why does marth always get murdered early when he's mafia?

Town probably thinks that mafia works like FE, and if they murder him then they win. Sadly, town is wrong (as usual).

What is, in your own opinion uninfluenced by me or manix, your favorite specific breed of bunny based on whatever metric you choose?

Through my EXTENSIVE RESEARCH*, I'm going to go with the Columbia Basin Pygmy Rabbit. They're so small! And cute! I don't really have a metric unless picking the cutest one counts as one (also it was a pretty hard competition ha).

*May not be as extensive as advertised.

Pick one: Lord of the Rings or A Song of Ice and Fire?

Have you ever tried a kumquat?

Do you believe in higher powers? If so, which one(s)?

1) Lord of the Rings, because I actually read through all of the books when I was younger (when I say all of them, I just mean The Hobbit and the trilogy). I haven't actually read A Song of Ice and Fire, which is definitely a problem I should be fixing (along with Snow Crash, hi Euklyd).

2) Nope, interesting name though; how are they?

3) I'm agnostic (eggnogstick), so I believe that there could be a higher power (or powers). Don't really have ones I specifically believe in, although if I had to pick which higher powers I wanted to exist, I'd go with Greek, Hindu, or Norse. Not because they're the best for the world or anything like that, but just because they're the most interesting to me.

hey roof will you shield me from the rain

Roof-senpai will never shield you from the rain, nerd.

if 1/infin = 0 then does 0 * infinity = 1?

http://askhelixfossil.com/#fbwmgk

Edited by Refa

Question regarding your first decree as Ruler of the World.

Do you think it would be more just to provide everyone with the same amount of food rations or do you think it would be more just to give less or none at all to the top richest, bearing in mind that they already have more than enough money and giving them free food would just further increase the gap between poor and rich?

Edited by Hattusili I

2) Probably Classic overall, because it's a much more consistently entertaining series for me (and I've played way more of them, so that probably contributes to my opinion here). That being said, my favorite Mega Man game is Mega Man X and X2/X4 were also some of the best games of the series (sorry Xinny, I don't like X3 as much as you do : <) so it's not that I think the X series is worse; it just has a greater fluctuation in quality overall (then again, I haven't played any of the bad X games, so this is more just going off of hearsay; maybe I'll love MMX7 and change my opinion here in a few years).

You should consider trying X5 at the least. Or join Ice and I on another X6 run :P

1. why do you call yourself hiro protagonist if you haven't read Snow Crash??

2. why does shin call you da colonel, I don't know circlejerk chat history.

3. what are your career interests/plans? if this was already answered i missed the post.

4. who is the best netnavi and why is it SerchMan

5. I feel like I should have more questions for you, what questions should I ask you?