The Well

Prims

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You always need at least 2 mafia (with the same alignment) in the setup imo, everyone in that setup will be super concerned about getting lynched because they all know if they get do their faction is probably fucked.

Edited by SB.

you need something to generate interactions out of; also there really should always be an informed minority, it's kinda part of the game (compare 4/1/1 which is uninformed majority against uninformed minority)

edit: when i say interactions, it refers to scum/scum interactions bc otherwise there's just nothing to work with

Edited by Curly Brace

^Yeah that was what I meant by always having two or more mafia but somehow I forgot to actually put that in. Mafia react differently than townies because of A. scumbuddies and B. roles/fear of roles. With both of them absent, town doesn't have much to work with except for looking for the guys who don't want to be lynched... which is everyone in that setup because it's always in LYLO.

Also because of being in LYLO you can't really do RVS shitposting which is the best part of mafia games.

Edited by SB.

Elaborate. Which new tricks have you picked up?

I've learned how to be nice to stupid people... BWAHAHAHAHAH.

Seriously though, I've learned a lot of diplomacy. Comes with working in a stressful environment.

My favorite genres seem to be nonfiction history/sociology (my favorite book is Lies My Teacher Told Me)

hey Boron I'm gonna look into reading this finally but do you have any other recs related to this subject? been feeling like trying to get back into reading to expand my mind and possibly get my creative juices flowing, video games and mafia haven't been cutting it as hobbies lately

hey Boron I'm gonna look into reading this finally but do you have any other recs related to this subject? been feeling like trying to get back into reading to expand my mind and possibly get my creative juices flowing, video games and mafia haven't been cutting it as hobbies lately

Alcohol is the answer to all of your problems.

Some of the other books that the author, James Loewen, has written are also good. I have Sundown Towns and Lies Across America and I loved reading them both. There's also a book called How the States Got Their Shapes by Mark Stein, there was also a TV program of the same name quite some time ago that I'd recommend as well. I think those are a good few to start with, I'll let you know if I think of any more.

• 3 months later...

1a99ee071f.png

Also botherbotherbotherbother

40fa8517f4.jpg

Perhaps my question should be; do you mind if I start a poll in which the point of it is Should Kaoz host a Mafia Game soon?