The Well

Prims

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Community poll: did Elie just wake up one day and become really really good at playing scum (except for fakeclaiming) or something

nah i caught him d1 but nobody listened to me 8D

edit: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OHvQt3gj15fFDp6hwUCY3lpn4XdV1z8sqY1_J1QcK4A/viewanalytics

results of polls for anyone who cares about it.

Edited by SB.

GUYS I HAVE A QUESTION

if you were thrown into a mafia game to the death, and you got to pick ONLY either your role or your alignment, which one would you pick, and what would you pick?

also if you took your irl traits and deepest desires and everything else into consideration, what would your role and alignment be if we were in a mafia game irl?

(also no you can't pick anything super overpowered be reasonable pls)

[spoiler=my answers]

I'd pick my alignment, and I'd pick town.

although it'd be tempting to pick an SK with buffs because YOLO and better chance of survival, but technically I wouldn't get to choose my alignment.

also I'd probably be either TOWN motivator (fits my personality) or ITP something because there are actually a lot of things I'd do to save my own skin, although I probably wouldn't kill my friends so I'm probably not cut out to be an SK irl. one of those hider-survivors probably, or a commuter tbh. OR DREAMER (the EM role) bc I dreamed up who was mafia in a game once but I was already dead so it wasn't much help unfortunately.

Edited by Quote

so basically you'd be what refa aspired to be in persona 3 huh

would probably pick town because killing people is /effort

my immediate thought for a role is town ascetic because it's the first useless role i could think of and the aforementioned /effort

I'd pick role, and I'd pick hidden player so that people don't bother and/or try to kill me.

Since SB took ascetic (which was one of my choices for the second question), I'd be Independent Loved Commuting Survivor (I'd comment on how this is unbalanced and the commuting would have to be severely nerfed or taken out but come on, fuck survivors anyways). Independent because I don't like working with other people, loved because I'm the best, commuting because I've been to a bajillion places, and survivor because I always vote to run away from where I live if everyone gets infected by the plague on those RPG tests I'm fond of taking.

I'd be ITP Watcher

[7:11:10 AM] Abhi: actually Informant would fit better

[7:11:29 AM] Abhi: I like eavesdropping without people knowing about it

[7:11:55 AM] Abhi: Also I'd rather figure out a stranger's name indirectly than ask their name

I'd be Town because scum sucks and killing people irl is no no.

As for a role that fits me, something along the lines of Town Bomb Vote Thief would be good for me because I often talk too much at the expense of other people which is the vote thief part, and I don't get triggered often but if I do I absolutely blow up, which is the bomb part.

Also as a mafia role Id be a strongman cause I'm pretty big and strong irl

Town Ninja Watcher. Ninja because I'm able to enter a room and have NO ONE notice me (it's a blessing), and Watcher because I like to observe things.

I know this puts a giant bullseye on my head, but eh.

Town Ninja Watcher. Ninja because I'm able to enter a room and have NO ONE notice me (it's a blessing), and Watcher because I like to observe things.

I know this puts a giant bullseye on my head, but eh.

What kind of idiot would scumread someone for claiming Nin-oh...ignore me.

That's kind of ironic when you think about it though.

Community poll: did Elie just wake up one day and become really really good at playing scum (except for fakeclaiming) or something

He became IRL scum.

I became you! I blame BBM

GUYS I HAVE A QUESTION

if you were thrown into a mafia game to the death, and you got to pick ONLY either your role or your alignment, which one would you pick, and what would you pick?

also if you took your irl traits and deepest desires and everything else into consideration, what would your role and alignment be if we were in a mafia game irl?

(also no you can't pick anything super overpowered be reasonable pls)

[spoiler=my answers]

I'd pick my alignment, and I'd pick town.

although it'd be tempting to pick an SK with buffs because YOLO and better chance of survival, but technically I wouldn't get to choose my alignment.

also I'd probably be either TOWN motivator (fits my personality) or ITP something because there are actually a lot of things I'd do to save my own skin, although I probably wouldn't kill my friends so I'm probably not cut out to be an SK irl. one of those hider-survivors probably, or a commuter tbh. OR DREAMER (the EM role) bc I dreamed up who was mafia in a game once but I was already dead so it wasn't much help unfortunately.

I'd pick a Role and totally pick Deathproof, because if I'm town then it gives me an opportunity to one, try to play out leader as it should be played as, and two, lets me screw up potentially and benefit over a no lynch. If I'm scum, I can totally either surprise everyone or just claim it while under fire and see what happens or be immune to getting Vig'd in case I am stuck not being active.

wrt the vanilla thing, that is kinda misleading since those third that dislike vanillas are likely not going to join a vanilla heavy game knowingly

whereas people that like being vanilla dont seem to feel the same about roles

game design poll: what numbers do you, the reader, think you could successfully get away with multiball without having to overdo role power/create restrictions? (minimum two members per mafia, presume the mafia's are even in power and number, nightkill every night where appropriate)

bonus question: how many town would you stick into x/3/2 multiball, using all the above presumptions except for the role power assumption?

town

town bunny (interpret as you will)

game design poll: what numbers do you, the reader, think you could successfully get away with multiball without having to overdo role power/create restrictions? (minimum two members per mafia, presume the mafia's are even in power and number, nightkill every night where appropriate)

bonus question: how many town would you stick into x/3/2 multiball, using all the above presumptions except for the role power assumption?

9-10/2/2, 12-15/3/3, 18-20/4/4? idk. Something like that is probably a good general rule although i could see exceptions. This is also not taking third parties into account.

12/3/2 if it's something like goon/goon/doc vs bp godfather/roleblocker or similar I guess.

Edited by SB.

Depends on if it's OC or NOC. Since it's you, I'm going to assume that this pertains to NOC, but correct me if I'm wrong.

1) SB's numbers, pretty much. If there is a third party with kills, I'd add 2-3 more townies.

2) 12 to 14 yeah.

Edited by Refa

what Refa and SB said, basically, would agree for 11 as well though (in the x/3/2 question) but the game has to be OC, for it to be multiball with that less mafia on each, IMO.