Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when I say "lol" to posts like Weapons', I'm scum, when I ignore them I'm town, when I make rimshots I'm consciously trying to subvert my own meta

anyways gotta go to SCHOOL will be back before phase end

Whaaaaat most of what BBM has said I've hinted at way before then but then again you don't read my posts.

No, town are much more likely to be more assertive of their opinion and actively discuss stuff.

Tru but they will eventually and that promise means something =)

Terrible, claim to me to compensate!

Well, he like, worded it better? I remember your case just confused me, man.

Fair enough.

Whoa, bro, I'll hold you to that.

Sorry, your avatar just isn't trustworthy enough anymore. Maybe if it was like, a cool friend like Mr. Bear.

Whoa, bro, I'll hold you to that.

Nah I'll be dead by tomorrow. Empty words.

Look I'm just making the natural progression in life: US chief whip -> Vice President -> President -> Town Leader in a mafia game.

Oh man the reason why Mafia sucks so much is because it's the American government! Thanks Obama.

This is where Rein comes in and punches you so hard that you turn into a Venetian door, dude. Still a better role than Stump, though.

Just do what that Manix dude does and make each post a sentence long. Seems like a winning solution, man.

SB you mistyped kirsche when you wrote the recipient don't worry Bizz can send me your claim. =) Would like to know why you're using Bizz as a mouthpiece though instead of just posting yourself wrt opportunistic wagons. If you can write an e-mail you can go "yo guys PB + Baldrick are being really opportunistic stop wagoning me pls" or something.

I am not up for lynching Paper =)

I sent the message because I was gonna be gone for a while and I didn't know how fast the wagon would build on me and didn't want to get hammered/end up in a situation where there's no other lynch out there.

Paraphrasing what I said about Paper/Baldrick, I thought their votes were opportunistic because Paper didn't even seem to have new reasons to vote for me over what he already said and barely acknowledged my posts after that and everything Baldrick used to case me could've been said before I became a wagon. Baldrick is probably worse because he literally said my playstyle was normal here and then said it was different when he cased me. How does that work?

Rereading the thread now.

I thought BBM was okay at a skim, but thought Ciraxis' play was heavily different to SMT? He actively pushed stuff there whereas he just kind of existed here. BBM's case on me bothers me less since he just subbed in so its understandable that he would have different opinions whereas there isn't really a reason for Paper/Baldrick to change theirs.

Who was Ciraxis in SMT again? Probably not some totally fine lady like The Wife, that's for sure.

Dude, your response is fine but I mean like, his actual points. Like for example, where he called you hypocritical.

That made me so mad, dude. I should probably check on that, but I really hate reading old games man.

Day 1 Votals: The Fourth

SB. (5): BBMs Cum Meta, Paperblade, Baldrick/TTPK_Tal, Kirsche

Rapier (3): WeaponsOfMassConstruction, SB., Green Poet
Kirsche (3): Terrador, Rapier, Lord Gaius

Baldrick/TTPK_Tal (2): Hugh Of Ilia, Bluedoom
Bluedoom (2): Eurykins, Formina Sage

Blitz (1): Blackhawk Stinger
Eurykins (1): Randa
Terrador (1): Refa
BBM (1): Blitz

Voteless: Quote

There are 12 hours and 55 minutes left in Day 1. Day 1 ends when a hammer of 10 votes occurs on any given player, or for today only, when phase time ends and one player has majority.

Edited by Sara.

Bluedoom, can you explain your Baldrick scumread? Like dude, is it solely based on his SB vote or is there something else I should be considering as well? As it stands, the only dude with more than one vote on them that I'd be comfortable with lynching is that Rapier guy.

BBM's main point on me seems to be that he's using two years old meta when my scumplay in recent games has been different. I'm not gonna try and convince people that my reads are right when I don't feel good about them myself? And I semi-ignored kirsche because uninterrupted town leader arguments took up almost an entire page of the thread and it annoyed me, but bringing anger into the game is toxic.

That's uh...actually reasonable, dude. There's just one more thing I need cleared up before I give a more definite read on me, bro...Bizz, as the only person who knows SB's claim (well, other than SB, I guess), what do you think of his content? Like is the dude playing like how you'd expect considering whatever he claimed?

Baldrick ISO- http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&cType=topic&cId=52652&search_author=Baldrick

Baldrick's SB vote is a major reason for my vote, yes, but not the only one.

The problem with Baldrick's play this game is that he doesn't bring up content until he votes, at which point the votee is mysteriously a scumread out of nowhere.

Like in his first few posts in the game it looks like he's actually defending Rapier but this is right up until the post where he votes Rapier(and given my earlier point, he should've been voting SB here) and apparently Rapier's defence is bad enough for him to have a 180 on this? The voteshift to SB doesn't make sense since there's nothing new that SB did betwen those votes for him to change his mind wrt his reads( and his only scumreads are basically those that developed out of nowhere).

And I'd like to mention that this is in stark contrast to his Code Geass Mafia play(where he was town), where he kept pushing me because he felt that he had picked on something, he never really randomly named me as a scumread in that game.

sorry for the flake.

[spoiler=reasons why if anybody cares]

my friend needed me to pick him up, the problem is he was in Connecticut and by the time i actually got we got stuck in rush hour in Hartford. and fuck that shit it was painfully slow.

so quick thoughts after a skim.

BBM seems obvtown imo.

I would be willing to vote SB only for condensing purposes, but i am not sold on him being scum atm.

Terrador needs to stop the tunnel and cult spec.

I would not support a kirsche lynch at this point.

also found this amusing.

yeah but not all town can win with the cult so trying to get the cult to win before you get culted is anti-wincon if you're town, and the longer the cult leader survives the more used-to-be-town people they take down with them when they die (remember how when we killed the cult leader in SF3 we killed two townies along with them? town essentially lost one mislynch)

not sure I agree with the bit about terra trying to itp hunt over scumhunt; yes he's voting kirsche for being cl but he's at least trying to find scum among other people too? shrug

I was going to post about randa backing off trying to get kirsche's buddy to claim to him but cut by marth saying randa is messaging people asking if they're kirsche's buddy??? not sure if that's more likely to come from town or scum tbh.

i'm not saying that being suspicious is bad, because it is a valid concern, but i e-mailed marth at roughly the same time as i asked for mason buddy confirmation. i did not back off on the idea for a while later.

and more importantly when was the last time a cult won with town? serious question.

Oh, that's actually like, super legit dude. Of course, I ISO'd him myself, and he never really gave a definite stance on kirsche himself? Like if he agreed with the cases on kirsche, why was there no effort to push the dude? It boggles my mind, dude. I don't know about Randa, but Poly disappears all of the time, so I'm not quite sure what about that exactly is worth reading into; like Baldrick man, you should know that by now.

He definitely defended Rapier. 180s aren't like, scummy, but the fact that there's nothing to justify the 180 is, man. Everything else about my issues is a sheep from you (agree that the SB voteswitch was bad and he would've like, pushed people harder as town), so I'll just stop there for now, man.