Politics Mafia - Game Over

BBM

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can lynch one and murder the other in Anarchy since all actions resolve in Anarchy. Are you not comfortable with sheeping on Paper after all, Refa?

Like, I can buy Paperblade not caring (well...more than Manix anyways) (just look at his vote on SB), but Manix is clearly trying to save himself while still not caring? Also this. For the record since noone seems to have complained about it, I dropped my scumread on Bizz after some internal thought even tough they still haven't responded (=().

why does trying too hard make him a maflord

I'm not voting for consolidation, there are like 48 hours left.

I guess. The lack of effort makes me feel like time is going faster for some reason.

Ughhhhhhhh I don't like that vote (why is Manix worse than other people in your opinion), mafia sucks.

My thoughts on D1 as I command the turtle that I am riding to crawl through the topic. I think it is quite enough to challenge Eury's Wallposter award, so I'm putting it on spoilers. Yes I do realize this is just a filler game, but now I'm using animu avatar and I must honor Master Dio. Can scum fight a man? We'll figure out.

Shinori's post #171 pings my radar. I understand that it is perfectly valid to ask for reasons why someone is voting them, but the way Shinori did so is bothering me. He takes Makaze's vote far too seriously when, given the phase we were in, it was more likely to be a reaction test, like all other votes. His later vote is derpy because he criticizes Refa for "defending" Makaze (when Refa's post only asked him why he had thought Makaze's vote was serious and why he didn't vote him if he thought it was bad... obs: Shinori did not answer any of them also). These are signs of overreacting and overdefensiveness that scum share.

I won't address Blitz's post #190 more than to say that it was an early game joke. His play had been good until after voted me (because voting me for the reason he cited is a valid reaction test, and earns him town points imo), but later on he just faded into the background and then into the mist. He made a point against Makaze (post #223), but he never pushed it. His questioning seems random because it never lead him into a conclusion, so they feel pointless. His play seems fake and forced.

Makaze addresses Ars' question regarding Shinori's vote vaguely (post #194), saying he voted Shinori because 'he had his reasons' and counterattacking Ars by saying he had done the same thing, except worse, as if the latter point was a valid point for doing stuff without question (protip, hypocrisy does not invalidate your argument). Eh, not liking this answer because he used these two points as excuses to avoid discussion. He answers it decently later, though: Shinori hasn't been upfront on his read. This is similar to one of the reasons why I found him scummy in first place: Shinori's lack of pursue on his Makaze read.

I found Makaze's post #303, wherein he votes Paperblade and exposes his reasons for finding him scummy. Indeed, I can see how scum would evade effort and mention tibdits to make them seem like they're doing something useful. However, how is it different from Manix, Via/Quote, Blitz and SB? Two of these are his townreads, mind you, so I am interested why they are not scummy since they follow the same logic (giving tidbits about the game, evading effort).

Rather like Elie's post #237 wherein he votes Makaze, and his reasons for doing so. Good to see that I am not the only one who found odd how Makaze avoided answering questions directly, though that part had escaped me completely. Nice-u, Elie-chan. And Makaze answers Elie (post #255) with the same "hey he did that as well!" finger pointing that does not justify his actions. His post #288 is a bit vague because he does not explain how Makaze is making Shinori seem worse than he is, so even though his point is valid it doesn't seem to have evidence backing it up.

Manix's vote on Makaze is terrible. Is it that hard to ISO a single player in a topic that had, like, 9 pages of content? You guys are used to writing 26 pages per day and reading three ISOs and such. I'm the only scrub who can't stand it and then flake as a result, plus my stupidity and terrible memory.

As I think Paper is worse than Manix, because I don't think scum would lack effort as much as Manix does, whereas I could see scum doing little effort as Paper does (and I've seen him play lazily as scum before) to avoid the spotlight and use the filler excuse to stay under the radar, I'd much rather lynch him this phase. His posts don't provide interactive reads, so it will be a bother to read him later on. Better finish him off while we're on the start.

Unvote

##Vote: Paperblade

Don't think Makaze and Shinori can be scum at the same time, because their 'slapfight' seems legit. So if one of them dies and flips scum, I'll consider the other cleared.

So my reads so far are:

Makaze, Shinori, Paper: Leaning scum

Manix, Blitz: Slightly leaning to scum territory, terrible vote.

Ars: Slightly leaning to town territory, though I am not sure because I haven't seem much of him, nor has he pursued his reads that much.

Elie, Bizz: Leaning town

I'm neutral about the rest, and I honestly couldn't read Refa very well. I can never read him very well. Sucks for me.