Kirby's Return to Mafia Land - Game Over

Prims

After taking a second look at how Randa responded to Freyja I feel like his indigence is at least genuine? I feel like he's scum caught for the wrong reason or town who thinks that the vote on him sucks, would lean towards the latter but I'm not too sure.

I'll be honest that I haven't really read Clarinets in depth just because of the formatting killing my brain but nothing has jumped out at me as super suspicious so far.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitsuki, while I agree that Elieson needs to get back here and do something (​I didn't even realize Elieson was playing, I thought his post was a joke ;/) why go for a placeholder vote at this point in time? Even if you have town reads on more than half the game, the people you listed as having "feelings" about all have more content than Elieson, minus Michelaar. So why is Elie more worth pursuing?

Also, Izuhark, do you have any actual reads? I noticed you say you'd sheep the Clarinets votes or vote Michelaar, but why? Your vote is still in kirsche. Do you still think he is scummy or that his post is the most "anti-town" thing in this thread? Also, do you have nothing else to say about Randa and Freyjadour? Even if their argument will lead to nothing, do you think either of them could be scum or is it just a town squabble?

Don't like how Izuhark puts more thought into defending himself than actually scum hunting, and comments on Randa and Freyjadour's argument only to say that it seems like a whole lot of nothing. I appreciate he explained his reasoning for kirsche vote, but that was 6 pages ago and I'd like to see him say more on things that have happened rather than clinging onto kirsche.

##Unvote

##Vote: Izuhark

I have a problem in that he decides to stay on his kirsche vote because he's waiting for more content from kirsche, when he had expressed an interest in Clarinets and Michelaar … which he hadn't really explained. The only "new" thing he's commented on is stuff about Randa and Freyjadour, which he decides doesn't mean anything. Even when he's around he seems to avoid giving any thoughts on things that are current. Basically feels like he's saying very little in a lot of words.

1. There is no Freyjadour on the player list and I don't know who Freyjadour is

2. Alignments were 100% ENGLISH fuck you autocorrect they were 100% RNG.

At that time there was no content an i didn't understood his way of thinking hence the vote to give a little pressure to my case and force him to develop. I also didn't say he was obligatory scum but at that time i tought his comportement was anti-town. What i mean by that is that i think that

did you forget to type something??

what is the difference between scum and anti-town

i think the first point is simple, it means i would have an easier time getting a solid read on him, he would have actual content and something significant to analyze.

to the second point i was far from 100%. more like 55-60% enough for me to need clarification. and he hadn't/ hasn't posted real content so i would like that to exist so i can have a better read, cause one scumslip isn't the end all be all of scumhunting. his reaction more than anything else is what makes me feel confident hes scum.

i suppose this is fair enough.

1 : No not at all, I just think that it would have been in town best interest to settle that rolespec thing as soon as possible before we could move on to scumhunting for reason i already explained earlier.

what makes you think that everyone involved is stupid town instead of scum trying to force town into doing something suboptimal?

i'll be honest i'm probably not reading this properly because i hate these kinds of posts

"oh man town could totally be doing this thing that i think is super pro-town"

well, why aren't you doing that super pro-town thing, if you're town? town shouldn't have to worry about their own appearance

Cam's Mitsuki vote kind of bugs me. It's not really that it's a scummy vote, but its more like... idk I don't feel like the content he points out is strong enough to justify the turnaround in his read. I dunno, I need to think about this more.

as i said, i think i'm psyching myself out wrt mitsuki

the kirby thing was an ED1 townread but Mitsuki is good enough at this game that i didn't want to let the possibility that she's just ballsy scum drop. it wasn't so much a serious scumread and more of a pressure thing; i seriously don't like it when people have things to hide.

My immediate reaction to Randa's post that he didn't have problems with my case was that he was town but after thinking about it for 10 seconds I feel like it's something he would've posted as either alignment? If he wanted to wifom considering He Is Randa.

what does this even mean

I guess iafter thinking about it a bit more another problem with Cam is that it feels like he's spending a lot of his time arguing without really having a purpose to it (that I can see). Combined with content that's pretty much ok he feels really underwhelming to me.

the obvious answer is that "i am underwhelming".

i get most of my reads through being confrontational and argumentative (and seeing people react to that) but this game has been surprisingly bland to me so it's been reduced down to just "argumentative". secondly, a combination of illness, a shitty mistake screwing up my plans for spring trimester and flagging grades have been sapping at my ability to focus; it isn't an excuse but i don't blame you if you get the impression that i'm just forcing content out because i kind of am

I'll uh ISO Cam because it felt like his past games to me although in retrospect, I've never actually played with Scum!Cam.

i don't think i've played with scum!cam either

that guy sounds like a shitter who gets himself lynched D1

And as for Mitsuki I'm iffy. It's not really a scumread anymore but I don't think I would be surprised if she got dayvigged right now and flipped scum. It's more like a nagging suspicion than anything else at this point?

This sword isn't just for show, Mitsuki!

After taking a second look at how Randa responded to Freyja I feel like his indigence is at least genuine? I feel like he's scum caught for the wrong reason or town who thinks that the vote on him sucks, would lean towards the latter but I'm not too sure.

I'll be honest that I haven't really read Clarinets in depth just because of the formatting killing my brain but nothing has jumped out at me as super suspicious so far.

Mitsuki, while I agree that Elieson needs to get back here and do something (​I didn't even realize Elieson was playing, I thought his post was a joke ;/) why go for a placeholder vote at this point in time? Even if you have town reads on more than half the game, the people you listed as having "feelings" about all have more content than Elieson, minus Michelaar. So why is Elie more worth pursuing?

Also, Izuhark, do you have any actual reads? I noticed you say you'd sheep the Clarinets votes or vote Michelaar, but why? Your vote is still in kirsche. Do you still think he is scummy or that his post is the most "anti-town" thing in this thread? Also, do you have nothing else to say about Randa and Freyjadour? Even if their argument will lead to nothing, do you think either of them could be scum or is it just a town squabble?

Don't like how Izuhark puts more thought into defending himself than actually scum hunting, and comments on Randa and Freyjadour's argument only to say that it seems like a whole lot of nothing. I appreciate he explained his reasoning for kirsche vote, but that was 6 pages ago and I'd like to see him say more on things that have happened rather than clinging onto kirsche.

##Unvote

##Vote: Izuhark

I have a problem in that he decides to stay on his kirsche vote because he's waiting for more content from kirsche, when he had expressed an interest in Clarinets and Michelaar … which he hadn't really explained. The only "new" thing he's commented on is stuff about Randa and Freyjadour, which he decides doesn't mean anything. Even when he's around he seems to avoid giving any thoughts on things that are current. Basically feels like he's saying very little in a lot of words.

why is he town?

i actually don't remember why i had boron quoted

content with leaving my vote for now

oh yeah boron feels like she's blending in; she's definitely posting actual things and i can definitely respect that yet i'm having trouble remembering anything she's done

clearly it's part of my anti-boron filter that turns on during mafia games

oh yeah boron feels like she's blending in; she's definitely posting actual things and i can definitely respect that yet i'm having trouble remembering anything she's done

clearly it's part of my anti-boron filter that turns on during mafia games

Cam, you ALWAYS say I'm unmemorable :|

see like i was going to go through and point out all the parts in all of your posts where i felt like you were a non-entity then read everything i'd written and decided that i was full of shit and deleted it

then i remembered your sig quote and figured it'd be funny anyway :P

Oh boy stardew valley sure is a good game. Much better than mafia.

I'm trying to pretend like my listpost is Townish so that people think I'm contributing.

Confessions of guilt does make things easier.

listed JoaT as leaning towards Town.

Leaning towards means you think our only confirmed cop and Networker (underrated role) should be left later, not last.

I do think it's important to not end up scrambling for a lynch near the deadline. It'll lead to wagoning and a likely mislynch.

You clearly haven't been here very long.

I'm getting lost of town reads as well zzzz. Mitsuki can you please let people argue against your points I want to direct half the game to them to see why Izhuark wasn't actually that bad etc but I can't. Talking about people's arguments is necessary for scumhunting.

While I agree that casing Kirsche was sketchy

That's right only scum would want to ever case me. Stay away.

I don't think Izhuark made a good choice by trying to case Kirsche this early

??????????? Wording ?????????????

Also I'm not following any pre-determined list for role assignments because I think it's dumb and everyone's reads will inevitibly change in the last minute deadline scramble that always happens in SFMafia games.

Wasn't Mitsuki just determining role strengths?

I he thought I was manipulating his words he would have voted me for that in his initial reponse but he didn't he waited till he saw there was the possibility of a wagon building against me, which makes me more confident he's scum.

This is a super good point.

Kirsche what do you think about the fact that Proto only cares about rolespec usually

I think "on D1" should be added to the end of this, but not much. I'm not going to dodge a decent case in RVS to continue rolespeccing and make a boring RVS vote.

It's before this quote but I feel like Izhuark commenting on his lack of conviction could still be scum dodging commitment (I don't think this is the case, but it's a reasonable point of view). I don't see why scum!Mistuki would use selective interpretation to white knight so much though, especially in such detail. I think I'm with SB on the nagging feeling about her. Mitsuki is also the type of person to check if that Kirby PM is the standard PM too.

Cam never said what was bothering about the Bunch wagon (or rather how it formed). I'm joining it btw.

##Unvote

##Vote: Ms. Bunch

Blitz's prod dodge post was awful. Prodding another inaactive, baseless rolespec (I don't care what anyone says it's basically baseless), and talking about Proto when noone was really talking about Proto.

I feel like Izhuark is too self-aware of his flaws to be scum. Dunno why he's still voting me though.

I never want to read Randa's posts. Half of them feel like town flailing and half of them feels like his posts from Reclass. Leaning scum. I'll ISO when it's not 1AM.

Mitsuki why are you townreading Bunch again I forget. #144 is yet another blend in post.

SB is either town or scum!mindreader because his impressions of people are all really sheepable. Except his Randa vote I guess, I wasn't particularly convinced by it.

Boron's Izhuark vote is also placeholder but I think it's worse as it's not backed up by 9 townreads. She's written 2 paragraphs to basically explain why she's voting an effective inactive (based on content). Why is Izhuark not just flailing town with no read? What about Mitsuki's town slip play? Any more concise thoughts on Bunch?

Iunno about a lynch priority, let's go with Bunch >> Boron >= Randa = Mitsuki

Post-Post thoughts: Mitsuki and Randa are basically just slapped on the end because I don't think I'd mind if they were turbo lynched (if we have to turbo) and I was flip flopping on my Boron read but I think I'm happy with putting it stronger than the other two. She's paying way too much attention to a non-factor in this game with arguments which aren't really that stronk anyway, criticising Mitsuki's PoE prod is especially egregious imo.

Boron's Izhuark vote is also placeholder but I think it's worse as it's not backed up by 9 townreads. She's written 2 paragraphs to basically explain why she's voting an effective inactive (based on content). Why is Izhuark not just flailing town with no read? What about Mitsuki's town slip play? Any more concise thoughts on Bunch?

I'd argue that effective inactive is worse than actual inactive; effective inactive means that they're at least present and reading the thread(ish). Valid point about "he could be flailing town"

My vote is not a placeholder. You do not get to decide that it is a placeholder. I object to you labeling it as such.

Izuhark being an "effective inactive" is telling, whether you want to believe it or not. He clearly has the time to be present and to make comments about things, so the lack of any actual content is telling. I think if Izuhark really was flailing town with no read he'd at least be trying to give thoughts on the people in this game. Instead, he doesn't have opinions on most of the game, and the few opinions he has aren't very telling or they're superficial. I DO take issue with that and find it scummy.

Gonna be honest, I'm not sure what Mitsuki even town-slipped about. Maybe I'm just slow, but what exactly makes mentioning the Kirby thing a town slip?

My concise thoughts on Freyjadour are that he's null leaning scum. I think that his post here and the ones immediately following it feel kind of scummy because it feels like he's taking Izuhark getting lynched as a foregone conclusion, and doesn't think it's a great idea to stack votes on him, but doesn't do anything else after it like look at the wagon and see which vote, if any, are bad and we were less than 24 hours into the day. His slap fight with Randa didn't look great either because it felt more reactive to Randa's vote than having actual ground. That said, his recent stuff is okay.

Okay, I have some free time now but I'll be heading out for breakfast first. I have just read through the thread (just a read through) though.

I can't exactly see Ms. Butch's train of thought and I do not like it. Maybe it's because his posts have been pretty small but I can't clearly see what he's thinking and that bothers me.

I agree that Randa dropped his vote on me pretty hastily but I fail to see why he would do that as scum. Rather, I think that he would just coast along and keep his vote on me if he were scum instead of drawing attention to himself by changing his vote.

Still not liking Izhuark right now but I can't quite place a finger on why that is so. Will read his posts more in-depth again later to try and determine why that is so.

@Mitsuki: I'm not saying that we are wasting time with the rolespec. I just think that any more rolespec than necessary will waste discussion time. We really should be scum hunting instead of rolespeccing/distributing in my opinion. Given that all the roles will be distributed publicly, no matter who gets what role, they will have to be publicly accountable for whatever actions they choose to use in the night.

I will do a more detailed read of the thread and reassign my vote in a while.

not feeling well atm so im not gonna make a serious post till tomorrow morning at the soonest.

My immediate reaction to Randa's post that he didn't have problems with my case was that he was town but after thinking about it for 10 seconds I feel like it's something he would've posted as either alignment? If he wanted to wifom considering He Is Randa.

The last time you thought like this we lost to a confirmed serial killer. i understand i have a history of really poorly planned out gambits, but when was the last time i made one.

so i have no idea what indigence means so i googled and apparently it means poor, as in impoverished. sb please define indigence

2. Alignments were 100% ENGLISH fuck you autocorrect they were 100% RNG.

what does this even mean

The last time you thought like this we lost to a confirmed serial killer. i understand i have a history of really poorly planned out gambits, but when was the last time i made one.

there's always a first time

so i have no idea what indigence means so i googled and apparently it means poor, as in impoverished. sb please define indigence

probably "indignation"

Kirsche, you're case on me is really flimsy. You didn't say anything of any substance and just said you were jumping on the bandwagon.

is he scum for doing it

also fair warning: i will on a plane for all of friday+probably saturday too; if that's like night or something cool (i'm talking it over with prims) but on the off chance everything ends early and that is a time when i'm supposed to be talking you know why

Don't have a lot of time. I was conflicted on Randa because I felt like he was genuinely annoyed at the Freyja's vote on him, meaning that he was either scum caught for wrong reasons or an annoyed townie. I was kind of leaning towards the latter due to gut when I went to sleep, and after remembering how he didn't do anything to my vote I feel that kind of supports the read? Idk why he would fight one vote hard but not the other.

kirsche, why does being self-aware of flaws make you town? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Next post is a while off. Prims post time check?