QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhhhhhhh left side perhaps?

according to integrity though I look better head on than I do in profile (though I looked at my sides facing straight and in profile for this but like I apparently shouldn't ask people to look at my left side only ^o^)

Edited by Freohr Datia

I think i looked at the sides of my face with the aid of mirrors thought i looked terrible. Nose looked really weird, jaw looked really weird, etc etc. A photo of my left side looked nice from a distance. Partly too because my beard looks a lot better on the left side (still patchy, but not as patchy). So i would say the left side.

Though I prefer my face from the front. Perhaps it comes from looking at it from the front all the time. Idk

Chicken - When i was younger I never really liked the taste or texture of chicken. I don't see why so many people like it or say everything tastes like chicken (that doesn't really sound very appealing to me). Although, nowadays i eat it fairly frequently, but if i had more of a choice I'd buy beef more often instead.

Gluten free - Not talking about celiac's disease people, but rather the idiots who think just because some people have problems with gluten, it must be bad for everyone.

Bacon - the smell is terrible and the taste seems overpowering in foods, like celery. The all must be bacon phase (which seems to have died down, at least i don't hear it as often anymore) was really annoying too.

Also turkey during thanksgiving, but I'm an immigrant and i personally dont celebrate it so i can't really be counted in this

The 'everything is better with bacon' trend.

Sure, I really like bacon. Hell, I've bought and ate bacon covered in chocolate, in donuts and other foods that randomly had bacon in them from a city fair. However, sometimes always having bacon as an option just feels unnecessary. There's certain stuff that go really well with bacon like mashed potatoes, salads, sandwiches, quiche etc.

But, I feel like it makes bacon lose its "greatness". I mean, you could argue its flexibility in foods could be what makes it amazing, however, because of it, I no longer feel bacon enhances food besides stuff that it's supposed to be on. Stuff like on a BLT, where the saltiness, savoriness and crispiness of the bacon balances the sandwich really well, not feeling overwhelming light nor meaty.

I do understand that bacon has a really good "umami", which makes it an appealing choice to add to your foods. However, it just feels so overdone to use bacon on too many things to try to create new unique flavors.

Though, I don't really "hate" it because it doesn't really affect me. If you want bacon with everything go ahead and have bacon with everything. I just don't really understand why it's a trend. I mean I'd probably add bacon to other stuff too if I really wanted some bacon, but it seems kind of ridiculous to try to apply it with everything idk.

Edited by Jiegg

I didn't think of any but fucking hell you guys are right, memetic bacon love can fuck off. Which... okay, it has, and, like, good.

It's a thing that goes well with eggs. Fucking wow, okay?