Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, phineas81707 said:

I know a trading system somewhat undermines the point of a gacha, but what if the system required orbs from both players to work?

It's still very abuseable. Just start a spare account, reroll until you get Hector, and spend a few orbs to transfer him to your main account. Rinse and repeat.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

12 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

My dude, take all the Adult Tikis you want. I've gotten more than enough to start a charity. 

I think Anna mentioned a charity in a support convo with Tiki in Awakening... :P

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

I think Anna mentioned a charity in a support convo with Tiki in Awakening... :P

After Tiki mentioned a dinner.

Edited by Vaximillian

8 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I mean...Odin reclassed to Samurai was actually pretty good in Conquest. I just don't get why they thought giving him balanced growths was a good idea.

Super late but

Dark Mage Odin is actually much more busted than Samurai Odin. Samurai Odin's low STR made his offense much worse than Dark Mage, and it doesn't have as easy of a cheat button(Nosferatu) to make up for everything. In reality Samurai only serves to give Odin Vantage and LnD and nothing else. Once he manage to get himself a Wife, suddenly you get access to the most overpowered weapon in all of Conquest  and all but fixes everything about Odin

The real problem with DM Odin is the fact that people did not go for Felicia, and theres only 1 Felicia in the game, although Fates early game units as a whole had this issue because everyone wants Arthur

Its actually kinda funny how hated the change is because Dark mage Odin would have been a super good idea in Awakening

Edited by JSND

Why did I pull today? I don't need any units from the banner (none of them are op) and yet I did a full 5-man pull because having 20 orbs sitting around is tickling my nerves for a possible "what if?"-scenario. I'm just so weak.

Also, sometimes I like to put my tinfoil hat on and think about possibly asinine stuff. This time I was wondering how IS handles pulls on accounts depending on their behaviour in the past. Considering the aformentioned pull was my first in the banner, it was pretty great. Very first pull was Alm, lol, who I will gladly possess for the flavour benefits, pulled 4-star Eirika to waste on providing Hone Speed to my main team (Awesome, as I already have a 5 star Eirika with good Boon/Bane, who I would never sacrifice). Got my first Hinata (3star) for a possible Fury Inheritance at lower level. Another cannon fodder Robin(3star), whatever. And my first Gordin (3star), which might come in handy if I ever need a Brave Bow. So, I consider this a pretty great pull session and was wondering if IS trying to make me pay up for some tasty orbs with a rather decent pull, just to agonize me otherwise afterwards on the Celica banner.

On the one hand, who could prove any manipulation of odds, on the other hand, luck works this way sometimes; 1 5star, 1 4star and 3 3star doesn't seem too much out of the ordinary, and how would IS know I wanted an Alm, coz I like his design, and an Eirika for Hone Speed? I was just lucky enough to get most of what I wanted, but sometimes I can't help myself and think about the dark secrets behind the colourful facade. I'm just rambling...

45 minutes ago, JSND said:

Super late but

Dark Mage Odin is actually much more busted than Samurai Odin. Samurai Odin's low STR made his offense much worse than Dark Mage, and it doesn't have as easy of a cheat button(Nosferatu) to make up for everything. In reality Samurai only serves to give Odin Vantage and LnD and nothing else. Once he manage to get himself a Wife, suddenly you get access to the most overpowered weapon in all of Conquest  and all but fixes everything about Odin

The real problem with DM Odin is the fact that people did not go for Felicia, and theres only 1 Felicia in the game, although Fates early game units as a whole had this issue because everyone wants Arthur

Its actually kinda funny how hated the change is because Dark mage Odin would have been a super good idea in Awakening

I didn't directly state Dark Mage was bad though.

Around release time Samurai was the more popular option since it wasn't something Odin was immediately outclassed in, save an avatar with that as their personal class, given Leo and even Nyx did Dark Mage better.

Leo has a crappy speed base that is easily fixable with a Speedwings and has a decent growth to compensate. He's also on a horse with a Prf tome despite showing up late.

Nyx is made of wet paper but has an easier time reaching her caps, in addition to having better offensive growths and Heartseeker to compenstate for her poor skill (though sitting next to an opponent isn't always ideal...). Her pair-up bonuses are marginally better too.

Against those two, Odin just seems too balanced in comparison, given his class set doesn't make much use of his defenses. That bulk is at least reflected well in his Heroes appearance though. Not that people shouldn't use Odin but the work that goes into him to become eventually good as a DM is quite a bit more than most people are willing to put in, save for personal fans.

Good point on Nosferatu though, he's definitely better to use for it than Nyx in Ch. 10, so he has that going for him too. It's pretty ironic how DM is so unpopular in FE14 when it was the best class in Awakening, easily.

Does Cecilia being on the next two weeks' bonus list mean she's appearing on the Battling Zephiel banner? It will make sense considering the story.

(for those who missed the news: new bonus heroes are Alm, Faye, Clair, Lukas, Navarre, Cherche, Setsuna, Virion, Cecilia, and Sharena)

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Does Cecilia being on the next two weeks' bonus list mean she's appearing on the Battling Zephiel banner? It will make sense considering the story.

No way, I don't want someone on my team who's just going to be one-shot dealing, like, 5 damage to him on the way down.

Spoiler

I have the gif on my computer and I'm too lazy to check how much damage she actually does...

Given that I seemingly posted this in the wrong thread, I'm moving this post here in hopes of answers and not cluttering up the wrong thread, my apologies for troubling all of you.

I would love help with team building and evaluting units. I do understand color triangle and the heroes tiers but not how to put together a team or which skills to use.
My main team is all around level 30:
5 star Seliph
4 star Effie
4 star Jorge
4 star Merric

Have 14 other 4 stars that don't seem to be better than what I have in my main team (checking the tier list at least), a five star Maria 40k feathers and 160 orbs since I do not know which banner to pull on.

So my questions are: 

1. Is the current banner good for me?

1b. Should I pull anyways?

2. Should I evolve any of my four stars?

3. How do I teambuild outside of the basics of color triangle and balanced team?

4. How do I evaluate characters and skills? How to tell if for example the stat growth of a character is any good?

23 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

No way, I don't want someone on my team who's just going to be one-shot dealing, like, 5 damage to him on the way down.

Reveal hidden contents

I have the gif on my computer and I'm too lazy to check how much damage she actually does...

Cecilia does zero damage to zephiel in FE6, if you're referring to that. She does appear to be able to survive one blow with 1 hp, but this is with throne bonuses factored in (again, this is FE6).

considering how many thieves there have been in past grand hero battles, it's not too unlikely that her gronnraven would come in handy. Then again, the theives would likely double her and possibly kill her given her mediocre everything. Maybe Gunter will be in the banner as well?

1 minute ago, Dearest Dissapointment said:

Cecilia does zero damage to zephiel in FE6, if you're referring to that. She does appear to be able to survive one blow with 1 hp, but this is with throne bonuses factored in (again, this is FE6).

considering how many thieves there have been in past grand hero battles, it's not too unlikely that her gronnraven would come in handy. Then again, the theives would likely double her and possibly kill her given her mediocre everything. Maybe Gunter will be in the banner as well?

Surely Robin would be better? Sure, my Robin (M) sucked for Navarre, but Robin (F) apparently has identical stats, so maybe it's just natures.

48 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I didn't directly state Dark Mage was bad though.

Around release time Samurai was the more popular option since it wasn't something Odin was immediately outclassed in, save an avatar with that as their personal class, given Leo and even Nyx did Dark Mage better.

Leo has a crappy speed base that is easily fixable with a Speedwings and has a decent growth to compensate. He's also on a horse with a Prf tome despite showing up late.

Nyx is made of wet paper but has an easier time reaching her caps, in addition to having better offensive growths and Heartseeker to compenstate for her poor skill (though sitting next to an opponent isn't always ideal...). Her pair-up bonuses are marginally better too.

Against those two, Odin just seems too balanced in comparison, given his class set doesn't make much use of his defenses. That bulk is at least reflected well in his Heroes appearance though. Not that people shouldn't use Odin but the work that goes into him to become eventually good as a DM is quite a bit more than most people are willing to put in, save for personal fans.

Good point on Nosferatu though, he's definitely better to use for it than Nyx in Ch. 10, so he has that going for him too. It's pretty ironic how DM is so unpopular in FE14 when it was the best class in Awakening, easily.

Actually, I'm wondering if/when Nosferatu comes to Heroes, would Odin make good use of it with his bulk? I'll assume it would work like Absorb, but just have more might. Although Odin has poor Attack anyway so I don't think it would be broken on him...

@Vaximillian Not necessarily, bonus units sometimes are random and don't have to be from a banner (ex. Odin during the first Sibling Bonds Arena bonus). I think Cecilia (and Sharena) are chances for f2p players to have a bonus units since everyone will have those girls (if they did the free Cecilia missions). Well Virion too I guess,

That said Cherche huh? Time to train mine up! (There's something fitting about her and Virion being bonus characters together)

10 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Actually, I'm wondering if/when Nosferatu comes to Heroes, would Odin make good use of it with his bulk? I'll assume it would work like Absorb, but just have more might. Although Odin has poor Attack anyway so I don't think it would be broken on him...

@Vaximillian Not necessarily, bonus units sometimes are random and don't have to be from a banner (ex. Odin during the first Sibling Bonds Arena bonus). I think Cecilia (and Sharena) are chances for f2p players to have a bonus units since everyone will have those girls (if they did the free Cecilia missions). Well Virion too I guess,

That said Cherche huh? Time to train mine up! (There's something fitting about her and Virion being bonus characters together)

...Where are the new bonus units?

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

(for those who missed the news: new bonus heroes are Alm, Faye, Clair, Lukas, Navarre, Cherche, Setsuna, Virion, Cecilia, and Sharena)

@phineas81707 In this post. (Also the Arena thread)

I think they announce it on the Japanese twitter a few days early before the arena update.

49 minutes ago, gormev said:

Given that I seemingly posted this in the wrong thread, I'm moving this post here in hopes of answers and not cluttering up the wrong thread, my apologies for troubling all of you.

I would love help with team building and evaluting units. I do understand color triangle and the heroes tiers but not how to put together a team or which skills to use.
My main team is all around level 30:
5 star Seliph
4 star Effie
4 star Jorge
4 star Merric

Have 14 other 4 stars that don't seem to be better than what I have in my main team (checking the tier list at least), a five star Maria 40k feathers and 160 orbs since I do not know which banner to pull on.

So my questions are: 

1. Is the current banner good for me?

1b. Should I pull anyways?

2. Should I evolve any of my four stars?

3. How do I teambuild outside of the basics of color triangle and balanced team?

4. How do I evaluate characters and skills? How to tell if for example the stat growth of a character is any good?

What are your other 4* units anyway? 

I definitely think you need a dancer/singer. If you don't have Azura/Ninian, Olivia will do. It will really help with Effie and her movement problem. You can probably replace Jeorge/Merric for Olivia- Jeorge/Merric's usefulness is when they have their specific 5* weapons. Parthia gives Jeorge Res to battle mages better while Merric's Excalibur makes him effective against fliers.

Actually, if you do promote Merric, then Jeorge can probably go since Merric will deal with the fliers (except red ones which are....Palla and Caeda who Effie can deal with anyway).

I think you have way more than enough orbs to do a pull anyway, maybe you'll get a 5 star so you don't need to promote anyone yet. Maybe a better red than Seliph.

If you do end up with a focus units, then you great, you get bonus points for arena! If you get a different 5 star, that works, too. Maybe try 1 or 2 pulls, up to you how much you want to spend.

As for skills, you can go to the Skill Inheritance thread for more help since a lot of knowledgable people can help you out.

Ha, seems like my guess of Shareena being one of the next bonus units was right. Seems like I'll finaly be able to use a full 5* team and have a bonus unit for the arena.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I doesn't mean anything, since then they would include all the heroes of that banner and probably Zephiel himself as well. She still could be on the banner as the plot related unit, but I feel Jaffar, Nino and Roy have a higher chance.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I spent most of my stamina leveling up my Lukas yesterday because I assumed he'd be one of the next bonus heroes, but I wouldn't have rushed it if I knew I could have just used my lvl 40 5* Cherche instead lol. 

Well damn I don't think I have anyone besides Setsuna trained up. At least I have one bonus hero ready to go.
(I would've trained Navarre if I wasn't so focused on promoting Jeorge)

9 hours ago, Falcom said:

I don't have Alm but my sister does so I wanted to try training him. My thoughts:
-He definitely can hit hard like a truck (just not as much as say Chrom or Laslow, I think)
-Surprisingly, mediocre defense but really good HP
-Not so surprisingly bad resistance
-Decent speed

If you couldn't tell, Life and Death can be good to further maximize his damage output. Fury can also be good. Either way, pair that with Moonbow, Luna. However, Draconic Aura is perfectly fine. Windsweep is fine. If you so wish, use swordbreaker (for obvious reasons). His C slot passive is up to you. I've heard people use Savage Blow or the typical Spur/Hone Atk/Spd.

I don't even think you have Alm (or do you?) but there ya go. ;P

I have him, but I don't how those sugestions would work with his b skill windspeed.

Edited by Rapha666br

Sharena is already on my core team (along with Marth and Hector), so I'd been hoping for this. Looks like I can pick anyone as my fourth unit this time, but I'm not sure who. Merric has a merge now, so he could improve my points a bit, but his skills are pretty bad. I gave G Tomebreaker to Tiki a while ago, so I guess she could help with killing Nino, but that's pretty narrow and she doesn't have the SP to learn a movement assist. I'd use a dancer if I had a 5* one, but Olivia is only 4* and I don't want the points loss from using her. (I could upgrade her; she could even replace Marth as my red with a Ruby Sword, but I'm still a week away from having enough feathers for that and I have other units I want to upgrade anyway. Also that might lead to even more trouble against Nino.) I had a lot of success with Priscilla back when she was a bonus unit, so maybe she's worth using again?

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Rapha666br My goodness, a triple post. Something wrong with your Internets?

Training up Sharena as my bonus unit this season. I've been planning her team for the past week, so I'm ready to put it into action.

I don't know what happened. Tried posting once on my Android browser. Didn't work. Reloaded the page and postes once again. Then edited. Not site How the third post happened. Please someone delete two of them ( not the edited one )

Yet another week lugging around a 4* unit. At least I can get my pick of the crop, since I have all of them except for Cecilia at 4* lv40.  Probably going to go with Cherche, since she has decent atk and is a flying unit.