Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

30 minutes ago, Rapha666br said:

I have him, but I don't how those sugestiona would work with his b skill windspeed.

Yeah windsweep is really weird. So I'm not sure how it would work. I mean if you really want Alm to use that skill, then you're going to want to boost Alm's speed as best as you can. Both Life and Death and Fury can do that while also maximizing his attack (however if you don't want to risk anything, try defiant Spd). If you really do not like it, then swap it for swordbreaker. That's just what I think.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I wonder if Zephiel's GHB will be coming soon, since Navarre's was announced almost two weeks ago and then started shortly after that. Although Navarre's was also unusually soon after Michalis's.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

I wonder if Zephiel's GHB will be coming soon, since Navarre's was announced almost two weeks ago and then started shortly after that. Although Navarre's was also unusually soon after Michalis's.

He'll probably come on Wednesday or Thursday. Navarre actually arrived early. Each grand hero battle usually start 5-7 days after the banner is released.

Best form of stress relief ( my other team got beaten by a freakin' Wendy on the 10 Stratum ) so..

w2Vik2H.png

The game loves doing this to me. So I socked my uber 40s on this poor group of Lvl 34s.

6MzfnOl.png

Poor Elto never saw it coming. Even if it was the Waffle Dungeon. After this Arena season I will have 50K feathers. >:D

The multi posts sure are rampant today, aren't they @Rezzy and @Luchi?

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've got Faye all leveled up and ready to go for next week.

@Arcanite @MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack Marvel at this engine of destruction.

Reveal hidden contents

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-04-16-13-06-

Hey, that's prett--!

Spoiler

Wait.

Spoiler

What?

Spoiler

Poison Strike?

Spoiler

BLEH

Spoiler

Jk but why no breaker?

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The multi posts sure are rampant today, aren't they @Rezzy and @Luchi?

Hey, that's prett--!

Hide contents

Wait.

Hide contents

What?

Hide contents

Poison Strike?

Hide contents

BLEH

Hide contents

Jk but why no breaker?

Really?  I didn't even hit submit more than once, not sure what happened there.

As for Breaker, I'm using her as a free-chip damage and for finishing off units with Vantage.  Poison Strike gives her an extra 10 damage on everybody.  I've already got Abel with Sword Breaker, so another Sword Breaker would be a bit redundant, and since my Faye's -Atk, she might not finish off a lot of Swordies, even with doubling.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Really?  I didn't even hit submit more than once, not sure what happened there.

As for Breaker, I'm using her as a free-chip damage and for finishing off units with Vantage.  Poison Strike gives her an extra 10 damage on everybody.  I've already got Abel with Sword Breaker, so another Sword Breaker would be a bit redundant, and since my Faye's -Atk, she might not finish off a lot of Swordies, even with doubling.

If that's how you want to use her, then Poison Strike is fine. 

I personally favor specializing Faye to be a counter to whatever ranged weapon type gives your team the most trouble and give her the appropriate breaker to deal with those, so I'd give her something like Daggerbreaker, Bowbreaker, or Tomebreaker.

Either way though, nice Faye :D

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If that's how you want to use her, then Poison Strike is fine. 

I personally favor specializing Faye to be a counter to whatever ranged weapon type gives your team the most trouble and give her the appropriate breaker to deal with those, so I'd give her something like Daggerbreaker, Bowbreaker, or Tomebreaker.

Either way though, nice Faye :D

Bowbreaker might work against Takumi, but I hardly see any Dagger users, and Tome Breakers are color specific, so I find those skills to be too specialized to get much mileage.  If she was +Atk, I might be able to turn her into a more offensive threat in her own right, but sadly I only Pull -Atk units.  But as they say, when life hands you lemons, give those lemons poison strike so your lemonade can kill your enemies.

37 minutes ago, Othin said:

What characters can make good use of Swift Sparrow? I have an extra Spring Lucina and I'm not sure what to do with her.

Find a unit that's relatively hard-hitting and fast, and who doesn't want the -5 Def/Res from Life and Death.  I can see Alm making decent use of it.

Well this happened. Dragon Fang has always been fair in every game. Nothing like doing over triple of what you were supposed to do. Even though there's a -40% multiplier.

Screenshot_20170412-004307_zpsakn7gcbh.p

With how many screenies I post in this thread, I might as well make my own thread tbh.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

9 hours ago, gormev said:

Given that I seemingly posted this in the wrong thread, I'm moving this post here in hopes of answers and not cluttering up the wrong thread, my apologies for troubling all of you.

I would love help with team building and evaluting units. I do understand color triangle and the heroes tiers but not how to put together a team or which skills to use.
My main team is all around level 30:
5 star Seliph
4 star Effie
4 star Jorge
4 star Merric

Have 14 other 4 stars that don't seem to be better than what I have in my main team (checking the tier list at least), a five star Maria 40k feathers and 160 orbs since I do not know which banner to pull on.

So my questions are: 

1. Is the current banner good for me?

1b. Should I pull anyways?

2. Should I evolve any of my four stars?

3. How do I teambuild outside of the basics of color triangle and balanced team?

4. How do I evaluate characters and skills? How to tell if for example the stat growth of a character is any good?

It's the "Ask a FE Heroes question" thread you want!  But it looks like someone answered you already.

34 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well this happened. Dragon Fang has always been fair in every game. Nothing like doing over triple of what you were supposed to do. Even though there's a -40% multiplier.

Dragon Fang's description is a bit flawed, yeah. Instead of applying +50% to your Atk (which would then be affected by weapon triangle and any related multipliers), it adds 50% of your Atk to damage...and when you have Julia's disgusting Atk stat...I'm not complaining though, not when it was part of how she carried my arena team for three weeks straight =P .

Just now, LordFrigid said:

Dragon Fang's description is a bit flawed, yeah. Instead of applying +50% to your Atk (which would then be affected by weapon triangle and any related multipliers), it adds 50% of your Atk to damage...and when you have Julia's disgusting Atk stat...I'm not complaining though, not when it was part of how she carried my arena team for three weeks straight =P .

Actually, I think it  uses Attack*1.5 - Res, but I'm not sure when WTA/D comes in. My Julia is +Atk (52), and if Dragon Fang worked like how you said:

52*0.5 = 26
26 + 12 = 38

Which wouldn't have killed. iirc, the hit did like 40 something damage.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@LordFrigid Ah wait, I just remembered I had Death Blow 2 on Julia. That means it would have been

28 + 12 = 40

You might be right, actually.

Wait, Dragon Fang stacks with Deathblow?

wtf

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@LordFrigid Ah wait, I just remembered I had Death Blow 2 on Julia. That means it would have been

28 + 12 = 40

You might be right, actually.

Whew...I've been freaking out over here D: . I was also wondering how she even got 12 damage, since unless the Palla wasn't lv. 40, there's literally no boon/bane/merge/seal res combination that would yield 12 damage (or at least...none that I could think of).

I believe I got the Dragon Fang mechanics from a post on Ice Dragon's thread.

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Wait, Dragon Fang stacks with Deathblow?

wtf

Yeeeeeep.

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

Whew...I've been freaking out over here D: . I was also wondering how she even got 12 damage, since unless the Palla wasn't lv. 40, there's literally no boon/bane/merge/seal res combination that would yield 12 damage (or at least...none that I could think of).

I believe I got the Dragon Fang mechanics from a post on Ice Dragon's thread.

IT WAS A TEST

SEE IF YOU DID YOUR HOMEWORK

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

IT WAS A TEST

SEE IF YOU DID YOUR HOMEWORK

THERE ARE LESS SCARY WAYS TO TEST PEOPLE.

Also, how's DB Julia working? I went back to Nino because Takumi was annoying me, but I did notice that Death Blow would solve that issue (in most cases).

Edited by LordFrigid

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

THERE ARE LESS SCARY WAYS TO TEST PEOPLE.

Also, how's DB Julia working? I went back to Nino because Takumi was annoying me, but I did notice that Death Blow would solve that issue (in most cases).

It works pretty well, but since I don't have DB3, she's not at her full potential atm. Also, even with DB3, you need to be +Atk to one-shot Takumis. Still, she does pretty well at demolishing things. I just gave my Julia Bowbreaker because I don't always have Reinhardt available. I think DB synergizes well with Julia, since she wants to do one really hard hit, but doesn't want to cut into her terrible Def or really high Res with Life & Death. The Speed boost also does nothing for her. Fury makes Julia more defensive, but eh, I don't think it helps her that much.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It works pretty well, but since I don't have DB3, she's not at her full potential atm. Also, even with DB3, you need to be +Atk to one-shot Takumis. Still, she does pretty well at demolishing things. I just gave my Julia Bowbreaker because I don't always have Reinhardt available. I think DB synergizes well with Julia, since she wants to do one really hard hit, but doesn't want to cut into her terrible Def or really high Res with Life & Death. The Speed boost also does nothing for her. Fury makes Julia more defensive, but eh, I don't think it helps her that much.

Yeah, mine's +Atk/-Res. Still has default Res +3 though. I'll have to see if I want to just stick with Nino or feed Julia a 4* Klein (literally the reason I started pulling colorless orbs again lol).