Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@#$%^&*. 

I had a 4*, lv40 Est that I used for the Flier Mastery quests from the other month (beating stratum 10 15 times with fliers)... I frickin' sold her for feathers because of how goddamn useless she was in that quest (and for skill fodder), and now they want you to do it with a 3* Est? Just crap in my mouth dude... I hate using Est... she sucks so bad...

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I think I like Palla better. Apparently no one likes Est though lol.

The secret to using Est is to give her all of Florina's skills.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I think I like Palla better. Apparently no one likes Est though lol.

She has Abel, so it's all good.

Welp, so I don't need to summon Est now... But now I have 150 units. Great... She's probably the most useful as another blue for a still blue deprived army and purely as a new unit; I have 2 Catrias, one +Atk, -Spd and one +Spd, -Res and 3 Pallas of which the main one is a 4* -Hp, +Def. I could see Est being much better if she didn't have a Heavy Lance even if it goes with the whole she has Armorslayer in Shadow Dragon. She hits hard. I think she's the strongest blue flyer I have now. +Atk Catria can only reach 34 base attack while Est's neutral is 35... Brave Lance and Iceberg... Muhahahahahahaha. Mages must die. I'll see about this tomorrow since it's 3:00 am where I am.

Also, this marks the first time a 4* to 5* unit was available for 3*, right? Draug was the first 3* summonable unit to be made available as 2* who was not part of the special maps.

Edited by Kaden

I only realised now that the Hero Merit lists has a record of every single unit you've received. Even if you sent them home, they're still there ( like I sent Eph/Fred/Gordin home, along with a couple of others )... So I've received 93 unique units since playing Heroes since launch day. Pretty neat too.

Edited by Luchi

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Kaden Too bad she stops having him

I never played any of the Shadow Dragon games, so... Guessing a tragedy happens? I know Abel is forced to do something unpleasant, but that's it. 

Welp, to sleep I go.

Est secret is to turn her into Cordelia but worse

That attack man

@Kaden tldr is Archanean army held her hostage to force Abel to fight for them. Marth rerecruit Abel and rescue Est. Est ended up leaving after the conflicts out of guilt

Edited by JSND

15 minutes ago, JSND said:

@Kaden tldr is Archanean army held her hostage to force Abel to fight for them. Marth rerecruit Abel and rescue Est. Est ended up leaving after the conflicts out of guilt

Then Abel went on a journey to look for her in the ending, aimlessly.

I'm heavily opined that Abel would live a happier life if he had ended up with Palla instead.

23 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Then Abel went on a journey to look for her in the ending, aimlessly.

I'm heavily opined that Abel would live a happier life if he had ended up with Palla instead.

Well, Heroes Abel is both living with Est (or was before you dragged him into this world) and is aware of his betrayal of Marth, meaning he must have found Est eventually.

That or he has gone delusional.

40 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Apparently no one likes Est though lol.

I do like her, she spiced up the Tower flier quest of March. Her Shove skill was useful in achieving preemptive strikes on dangerous foes. Hurling a fully charged Camilla or Catria onto an unsuspecting archer is a rewarding experience. Multistage Pegasus ICBM ! And bestowing her a special gave me the pleasure of hearing her "Just like my sisters !!!" war cry.

Alright, messing with builds with SI'ing my A team after thinning out a bunch of fodder I hadn't used yet, and I'm liking its performance so far. It's not quite finished, since I still have lots of skill spots open. Here's the current setup (all skills haven't been unlocked to max potential quite yet).

Spoilered for length.

Spoiler

• 5* Alm
    • Special: Dragon Gaze
    • A: Life and Death 1
    • B: Swordbreaker 2
    • C: Threaten Defense 1
    • Seal: HP +3

•  5* Klein
    • Special: Chilling Wind
    • A: Death Blow 2
    • B: Bowbreaker 2 (Countering all those Takumis and Jeorges...)
    • C: (Open)
    • Seal: (Open)

•  5* M!Robin
    • Special: Bonfire
    • A: Defiant Speed 2
    • B: Poison Strike 1
    • C: (Open, but might just go ahead and grab Spur Defense)

•  4* Cherche
    • Special: Glowing Ember
    • A: Attack +2 (likely going to replace this with something else, but I don't know what)
    • B: (Open)
    • C: Fortify Defense 2

Any thoughts on this team? Does anyone have any suggestions for skills and things to put on these guys to make them even stronger?

Edited by Extrasolar

11 minutes ago, JSND said:

@pianime94 Eh im a Cain x Palla and Cain x Catria shipper so lol

Oh damn. I mixed up Cain with Abel.

Nvm what I said then lol.

In my mind, Abel was in a triangle situation until I read your reply and went "Wait...Palla wasn't in love with..but.."

Welp.

Edited by pianime94

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, Heroes Abel is both living with Est (or was before you dragged him into this world) and is aware of his betrayal of Marth, meaning he must have found Est eventually.

He could be pulled from during the events of Mystery, since Est only leaves him after Mystery ends.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Could be either while they're still fighting or a brief moment of time before she vanishes forever, too...

Incidentally, I now have to run a quest with my most hated Fire Emblem character. Oh joy -.-

Also... Catria's art looks painful... I mean the way she is twisted reminds me of F!Corrin's art. I wince when I see it >.< Although yay for getting a new character (she's refused to drop for me thus far).

Woot for Palla, who is my favourite of the three. Hers is fully completed already since she was already level 37. Now to grind, grind, grind the others up ^.^

(And yes, I wish Abel and Palla had ended up together for whoever suggested that... I have written fanfiction in the past where a heartbroken Abel is comforted by a Palla who is devastated by her sister's disappearance. Fun times!)

Edited by Cute Chao

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

@#$%^&*. 

I had a 4*, lv40 Est that I used for the Flier Mastery quests from the other month (beating stratum 10 15 times with fliers)... I frickin' sold her for feathers because of how goddamn useless she was in that quest (and for skill fodder), and now they want you to do it with a 3* Est? Just crap in my mouth dude... I hate using Est... she sucks so bad...

Ouch. This is why i'm hesitant to sacrifice units i don't have duplicates of..

Speaking of, which is a better Est to train to lv35+? The neutral one or a -def/+res one? And in my other account it's either the neutral vs a -hp/+def (although have a feeling neutral one is better in this case(. Just don't wanna waste my stamina levelling up the wrong one..

actually speaking of, are there any units that prefer being neutral (besides -Atk units)? Maybe units with a balance in defenses that don't appreciate loss of bulk, but don't want loss in speed/attack as well?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Ouch. This is why i'm hesitant to sacrifice units i don't have duplicates of..

Speaking of, which is a better Est to train to lv35+? The neutral one or a -def/+res one? And in my other account it's either the neutral vs a -hp/+def (although have a feeling neutral one is better in this case(. Just don't wanna waste my stamina levelling up the wrong one..

actually speaking of, are there any units that prefer being neutral (besides -Atk units)? Maybe units with a balance in defenses that don't appreciate loss of bulk, but don't want loss in speed/attack as well?

Someone mentioned that Subaki is good neutral since he can't afford to lose any stats. I don't know enough about it, but I took those words to heart lol

...So there's a new set of quests that require me to actually use that Whitewing team I made...

The proof is in the pudding: Palla is the weak link. I mean, Est is hardly amazing, but getting Palla her 35+ kills took far too long. We need better flying reds.

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Didn't read all the new posts. I'm glad I can finally get Catria now though! Are the IVs we get from these quests random or are they neutral stats?

Only the summoned heroes have assets and flaws, everybody else is neutral.

11 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Do you think the Whitewings are good with neutral stats then? I really want to make Catria part of my team

Short answer: probably not

You can do some skill inheritance on them to make them good but I don't really think it's that necessary.

If you have a flier team, then really any of them are good. Catria has the highest speed and defense. Est's resistance is high, as well as her attack. And Palla is a little all-round though her speed and resistance are on the low-end. If you can make a flier team, since their stats are relatively decent, then I'd say you can use them.

Catria in particular I wouldn't use. All I see is Luna fodder. But that's just my opinion anyway.

Her killer lance is really good if paired with Luna + Quick Riposte. She'd get a guaranteed proc everytime she's attacked.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Short answer: probably not

You can do some skill inheritance on them to make them good but I don't really think it's that necessary.

If you have a flier team, then really any of them are good. Catria has the highest speed and defense. Est's resistance is high, as well as her attack. And Palla is a little all-round though her speed and resistance are on the low-end. If you can make a flier team, since their stats are relatively decent, then I'd say you can use them.

Catria in particular I wouldn't use. All I see is Luna fodder. But that's just my opinion anyway.

Her killer lance is really good if paired with Luna + Quick Riposte. She'd get a guaranteed proc everytime she's attacked.

Darn :( I really like the Whitewings. Well, Est is a little less likable because of her FE12 ending... I like Palla and Catria though! I'll just give them some inheritance skills. What are good things to give Catria?

I like flier teams so I'll try to make one. I just need to deal with bow users...

7 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Darn :( I really like the Whitewings. Well, Est is a little less likable because of her FE12 ending... I like Palla and Catria though! I'll just give them some inheritance skills. What are good things to give Catria?

I like flier teams so I'll try to make one. I just need to deal with bow users...

For Catria I'd say Quick Riposte, Fury, pivot, swap, or reposition. Maybe Life and Death. Any hone skill for the C, and Luna is already a great skill to keep. You can keep armored blow if you want too. I know some people find it useful.

What other fliers do you have besides the Whitewings? 

To deal with bows, I'd just use Michalis.