Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Don't let your blind favoritism lead people to actually believe she's not mediocre at best compared to most other lance infantry :P

Shut up Amph! I'm trying to represent my favorite, not give out needful advice!

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

She can't be better than Ephraim, yo. And you joined his team, you should know how awesome he is! :P

I'm just trying to represent my baby gurl ;-;

I will never say that Oboro isn't the best. Even if everyone else thinks she isn't!

#OBOROFORPRESIDENT!

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Shut up Amph! I'm trying to represent my favorite, not give out needful advice!

I'm just trying to represent my baby gurl ;-;

I will never say that Oboro isn't the best. Even if everyone else thinks she isn't!

#OBOROFORPRESIDENT!

You talk a lot of game for someone who still doesn't have a 5* Oboro

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

You talk a lot of game for someone who still doesn't have a 5* Oboro

I 5 star for needs before I 5 star for favor

Not to mention, my Oboro is gonna have Quick Riposte three, and a killer lance plus. Which means I need 60k feathers

I want to go all out for my princess of dreams

Spoiler

Acting is if you know my plans!

Go somewhere lil' boy!

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Just to clarify, I was referring to Hone Atk and Hone Cavalry (I refer to spur & similar effects as "aura"s, but that's just down to preference, really), which will not stack with Defiant Atk. In that case, it does make sense to only count the buff with Death Blow.

Since you seem to be going exclusively for Goads, Defiant would be fine, but you still have the issue of taking up Reinhardt's turn doing something that isn't beating someone to a pulp. If you're fine with that (shouldn't be too bad, I guess, since Xander & Camus are probably losing HP tanking it up), go for it. I wouldn't give anything to him yet though, if you're only planning on adding him to a team once Camus comes out. You may well have picked up a 4* Klein by that point, with his release date unconfirmed (to the best of my knowledge...?).

If that's not what you were commenting on, sorry for misinterpreting.

On Camus' Goad Cavalry: it might still be a 4* skill, you never really know. Sheena has both Svalinn Shield and Fortify Armor at 4*, for example.

Oh, that makes sense then! Yeah, I prefer going for Spur/Goad to it's not usually too relevant but that's a good point. It might come up if Camus doesn't have Goad Cavalry and the next cavalry skill contributor I get is another Gunter, though. So I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Reinhardt seems plenty good on his own and I'm already using Xander, so my plan is to add him to my team as soon as I get enough feathers. I don't really want to count on Klein, since I don't have even a single copy of him yet and I always keep at least one of each character I get. So that could take a while, especially because I haven't been pulling colorless much because I'm tired of all the healers. If it happens eventually, that'll be nice, but I feel like it's a safe bet that it'll take long enough that I'll be glad to have had Defiant Atk in the meantime.

Good point about Sheena. We'll just have to see, then.

47 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

As an actual unit, she's definitely inferior as a lance infantry unit to Ephraim, Sharena, and Lukas assuming equal amounts of skill inheritance. 

Honestly, Donny is probably better than Oboro too again assuming equal amounts of skill inheritance. While she has a 3 point advantage in Defense and a 1 point advantage in Resistance, Donny's HP, Attack and Speed are all 3 points higher than her's. In other words, if I had to 5 star one of them, I would pick Donny. Though considering I already have Ephraim and Lukas, I don't ever see myself promoting either Donny or Oboro on top of the fact that I don't particularly like either of them anyways. Give me Mozu already IS :( 

Edited by Tybrosion

3 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

SAME.

I see you are a Shokugeki no Soma fan too :D

Yeah I am :D ! Gotta cheer for that dork Takumi, can't wait to see his next match vs the E10, like I want to see him beating Eizan, hope he doesn't loss

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

That second video... Wow, too much Sakuras, even the 5* one is a merged one. I have only got one of her (that come with Leo haha). I was thinking in giving her some more buffs, for infantry quest

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

For some reason it wouldn't embed, only in that particular post.

Screenshot_20170506-131807_zpsttomftjl.p

Send them to me D: !  I will welcome all of them!

Edited by SniperGYS

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wow, 51 potions? I use them all almost as soon as I get them. I keep like two or three in stock for GHBs.

Even after the 99 stamina change, I still feel like I don't need to use them unless I really want to do something like the Lunatic chapter 10 quests, but that's just me being impatient.

The only resources that I primarily use are, of course, orbs, then feathers and badges, and rarely, stamina potions and Dueling Crests -- I have 115 of them since I usually only use the 3 you get per day except to finish quests or boredom leads me to use a crest every now and again. I've never used a Light's Blessing which I find to be pointless; I'd rather just wait for my stamina to recharge and think about the map more carefully since I know a critical flaw or mistake is involved. Lastly, gems are worthless to me. I'd rather play the game and level up in training room.

Edit: Regarding Oboro, Donnel, Ephraim, Lukas, and Sharena are better than her. The issue with Oboro is that she's average in a way that doesn't help her at all or in Donnel's case, not an outlier who has 162 BST than the usual 157-ish BST. She's not fast, she's not strong, and even in the stat she's good at compared to the others, resistance, it's still pretty average at 24. Even with +Res giving her 28 resistance and making her a mage killer with Distant Counter, she's still not that great as the others still trump her through sheer attack since Donnel, Ephraim, and Lukas have 35 base attack as their neutral attack to Oboro and Sharena's 32 which Sharena makes up by having 32 speed. Eventually, we'll have a lancer with high resistance and similar stat spreads and there you go, another unit who's just better than Oboro. The main thing is she's flexible and can run any build except for anything close to Sharena because of her speed gap compared to the others.

Hey, at least she's not Beruka or Gunter who are clearly outclassed by other units. Beruka having to compete with Michalis and even Minerva is quite sad while Gunter curiously having the same stat spread, but having 3 less BST compared to Frederick sucks for him. He's old, so I'll give him a pass.

Edited by Kaden

Man, the days where I had no 5 star units seem like so long ago now. :P And my best units were a leveled up Freddy and upgraded-to-4-star Sharena. But now I've got all these guys plus a few more! And I didn't really spend a whole lot of money either due to some nice luck landing me a few of them. ^^ (especially Ephraim, holy crap I'm still amazed at how he happened)

I call them the Favorite Four plus Azura and male Robin. :P

Capture_2017-04-29-22-11-32_zpstt1wdrdr. Capture_2017-04-29-22-12-24_zps06220l4j.

Capture_2017-05-06-17-07-53_zpsl09hhcuu. Capture_2017-05-06-17-09-09_zpsshclnojq.

Capture_2017-05-06-17-09-44_zpsegwxdcby. Capture_2017-05-06-17-10-27_zpsvonpcqpi.

And of course, I also got Klein completely out of nowhere and he's been great. Male Robin was a bit of a godsend too, because I'd have no 5 star magic users otherwise and my previous male Robin was rubbish.

Ryoma still needs Speed +3, Ephraim still needs Fury 3 and Quick Reposte (spare Subaki when...), Freddy still needs Armored Blow 3 (and this is a big if, but he'll get the Brave Axe+ if I pulled a 5 star Camilla one day), male Robin still needs T-Adept 3 and Swordbreaker 3 (spare Roy and Abel when... He's got the SP to burn), and I don't know when I'll ever get Azura Blue Tomebreaker 3 (I have a spare female Robin, but it's a 2 star one and I don't want to blow feathers on her right now), but they're still full of nice skills!

And of course, Freddy is my biggest project since he started out as random 3 star Freddy that I pulled right after I posted in the pull topic that I wanted him a lot. :P And now that I think about it, I think he was my first ever green pull! And he's +Def to boot! How sweet is that? <3

Oh, and I see Ike's about to give me feathers!

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Look kid, you can sacrifice all your Oboros. You're the one who's going to be missing her when you need her the most

Reveal hidden contents

I'm actually crying right now ;_;

Well you're missing out on the most amazing lance user in the game

Make sure you only pull blues next focus ;)

Guys plz, you're only sending them back to their worlds' timelines, not sacrificing them. :P

Did the Euro drop in value? I see that they increased the already ludicrous prices in my region (Because they weren't already totally overpriced or anything, hahaha), e.g. the most expensive one increased from 75 € to 80 €.

Thought about maybe dropping moneh for a last pull on the nice banner, but I guess I'll pass now.

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

She actually says 行きましょう, which means "Let's go".

Aren't they both lovely?

Also, yeah, Gunter.... I'm glad they didn't replace him though.

Just in case its a misunderstanding i actually like Gunter and Jagens VA

Its shared with Zephiel too isnt it?

Just now, JSND said:

Just in case its a misunderstanding i actually like Gunter and Jagens VA

Its shared with Zephiel too isnt it?

No, Gunter's voice actor only voices Gunter in this game (he also did Anankos). He passed away before Fates was released in Japan.

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

No, Gunter's voice actor only voices Gunter in this game (he also did Anankos). He passed away before Fates was released in Japan.

RIP

;.;

Is his voiceline in Heroes a reuse from Fates then?

Edited by JSND

If Gunter's Fates VA died before the game came out, he has to have gotten a new voice in Heroes. There are more voiced lines in Heroes for each character than Fates had.

13 minutes ago, JSND said:

RIP

;.;

Is his voiceline in Heroes a reuse from Fates then?

Yes, they are reused.

Just now, Anacybele said:

If Gunter's Fates VA died before the game came out, he has to have gotten a new voice in Heroes. There are more voiced lines in Heroes for each character than Fates had.

Nope, they just reused the My Room lines for Gunter in his character screen. Remember that the Japanese version had way more lines due to skinship.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They are talking about Gunter's Japanese voice actor. In the Japanese version, Gunter's clips are reused from Fates.

EDIT: Satsuma reclassed into ninja.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yes, they are reused.

Nope, they just reused the My Room lines for Gunter in his character screen. Remember that the Japanese version had way more lines due to skinship.

The English one didn't have those though, and I'm pretty sure it was the English VA that died.

The English one didn't have those though, and I'm pretty sure it was the English VA that died.

DC Douglas is alive and well, and recorded a bunch of lines for other characters in Heroes, but Rokurou Naya is not.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And you're wrong on that.

You could back that up instead of just going "yer wrong." I find this rather demeaning.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

DC Douglas is alive and well, and recorded a bunch of lines for other characters in Heroes, but Rokurou Naya is not.

I could've sworn people said the English VA was the one that died when it was mentioned some time ago, but maybe I misread.

Edited by Anacybele

I could've sworn people said the English VA was the one that died when it was mentioned some time ago, but maybe I misread.

Nope, we were talking about Japanese voices, since JSND mentioned switching his game voice to Japanese when playing Flier Emblem.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nope, we were talking about Japanese voices, since JSND mentioned switching his game voice to Japanese when playing Flier Emblem.

No, I mean a long time ago when I first heard about the actor's death.