Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

What, like, the only way to grab a focus character would be out of the gold orb? I dont know, that sounds kind of lame. At least this current way gives the illusion that you can grab a focus at any board. With the gold orb it would be "oh, well, this is a nice spread of orbs but none are gold so its a waste to try"

Though you'd think they would introduce the gold orb with the hero fest considering the gold orb was the one used in the heroes presentation and its the one being used in the associated fortune event.

Ahem. Vague recollection is vague recollection.

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

What, like, the only way to grab a focus character would be out of the gold orb?

I never said that.

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

Though you'd think they would introduce the gold orb with the hero fest considering the gold orb was the one used in the heroes presentation and its the one being used in the associated fortune event.

It's a shitton easier to plop a shiny gold picture on a scripted video and a website than it is to implement it and all of its associated behaviors into the game proper.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

>Catria is 小吉

>Fae is 中吉

>implying that Xander is more valuable than them

:KnollRoll::KnollRoll:

...You're aiming that at the designers, right? Because I said I'd gladly reroll that if I was convinced that getting golds had no practical benefit other than bragging rights.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

It's a shitton easier to plop a shiny gold picture on a scripted video and a website than it is to implement it and all of its associated behaviors into the game proper.

True, true. And they have a big update coming on the 8th anyway, I suppose.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...You're aiming that at the designers, right? Because I said I'd gladly reroll that if I was convinced that getting golds had no practical benefit other than bragging rights.

Yeah I wasn't directing it at anyone here

7 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Give them Mjolnir then, because why stop at thoron?

Mjölnir belongs to Ishtar and Ishtar only. (And Reptor, and Bloom for a while)

Tine and Tailtiu were never able to use anything higher than Thoron.

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

Mae!

IMG_3626.PNG

...What the HELL is she wearing over her breasts? That just looks so stupid I can't put it into words, imo. Not to mention she looks like she's in her underwear like a number of females recently.

It seems IS still hasn't learned to make better female designs.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...What the HELL is she wearing over her breasts? That just looks so stupid I can't put it into words, imo.

To be fair, the chestplate in the actual official art is nowhere near as exaggerated as it is in the Heroes art. It's in the last page.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

To be fair, the chestplate in the actual official art is nowhere near as exaggerated as it is in the Heroes art. It's in the last page.

Oh? And the last page of what?

Oh man. I rolled the super lucky character on my first roll. I really hope that means something good. 

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...What the HELL is she wearing over her breasts? That just looks so stupid I can't put it into words, imo. Not to mention she looks like she's in her underwear like a number of females recently.

She looks like she has short black...shorts on. Kind of like the spandex cheerleaders wear underneath uniforms. 

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

She looks like she has short black...shorts on. Kind of like the spandex cheerleaders wear underneath uniforms. 

Eh, it still looks like underwear to me.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Of this thread, I meant.

I don't see it on this page?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Eh, it still looks like underwear to me.

I don't see it on this page?

To each his own, I suppose. You can wear short things without being in your underwear however. Gymnasts, dancers, cheerleaders, etc. all do it for easy movement. Being a mage probably gets hot. XD I'd probably pass up the crazy robes for something that won't give me heat stroke too. Sorry Merric.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I said "last page", by which I meant "the previous page"...

Oh, okay, I found it. Yeah, the Echoes art looks better. The artist for this character in Heroes made it look far worse, imo.

2 hours ago, Cerberus87 said:

While Ana may not have been all that friendly, you weren't really friendly either. You didn't really have to reply in such tone.

Yeah, I shouldn't have been so condescending. @Anacybele, sorry for being rude to you.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, I shouldn't have been so condescending. @Anacybele, sorry for being rude to you.

Don't worry, no real harm done. And Cerberus is right, I probably could've been nicer too.

Last time I did the flier quest, I learned that mounted enemies can trap themselves by using Wings of Mercy to jump to the middle of this map.

While finishing up the second round of the flier quest, I now learned that not only is there a second spot on this map where mounted enemies can get trapped, they don't even have to be the ones to put themselves there.

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 11.54.01 PM.png

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...What the HELL is she wearing over her breasts?

Looks like a leather boobplate. Prevents chafing, heat rash, and bouncing and also lets you easily pretend they're a lot bigger than they actually are.

11 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:
Huh...

I... see. That is some pretty high res though!

Eh... Ignis is overkill. Bonfire is guaranteed to land on the second hit and typically does more than enough damage, though I will admit the slow and bulky enemies that would avoid Ignis are somewhat rare.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

...Does the nature of the unit to be merged choose the stat or is it otherwise determined?

A +10 is always +4 to each stat. The order that stats are increased when merged is determined by the character's level 1 stats (highest stat at level 1 is increased first).

Oh we're seeing Mae? Cool! I like Mae (then again, I liked about everyone in Echoes). Her art on the other hand, not so much. But, not complaining. (It's the Hidari syndrome. People like her art so much that they have high expectations. Only to be disappointed). That reminds me, will Hidari ever draw art for Heroes? I get that her work for Echoes was quite the effort, but I would really love to see more if possible. Though, it's fine if she doesn't. She deserves the break.

Yep. Guess you guys were right about the next banner being Echoes again. Celica and Mae are confirmed. However, I still feel like Boey would be included because of Mae. Saber is also very likely to included. On the other hand, they could treat this like Alm's banner (in which the other characters released alongside were not the starting villagers except for Faye). If it ain't Boey or Saber, my next guess would be Valbar. Not sure after that.

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Oh we're seeing Mae? Cool! I like Mae (then again, I liked about everyone in Echoes). Her art on the other hand, not so much. But, not complaining. (It's the Hidari syndrome. People like her art so much that they have high expectations. Only to be disappointed). That reminds me, will Hidari ever draw art for Heroes? I get that her work for Echoes was quite the effort, but I would really love to see more if possible. Though, it's fine if she doesn't. She deserves the break.

Yep. Guess you guys were right about the next banner being Echoes again. Celica and Mae are confirmed. However, I still feel like Boey would be included because of Mae. Saber is also very likely to included. On the other hand, they could treat this like Alm's banner (in which the other characters released alongside were not the starting villagers except for Faye). If it ain't Boey or Saber, my next guess would be Valbar. Not sure after that.

Hidari's a guy.

We've also had past FE artists like Senri Kita and Sachiko Wada do art for Heroes so it's not unlikely that Hidari may eventually do some art for this game as well.