Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

15 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hm? Everyone who uses magic uses staves in their promoted class (which is a debate in itself I kinda want to see play out, but this is not the place). How is Lucius special for it?

Lucius starts with C Staff in FE7 allowing him to use Barrier from the get go. Out of the 3 Magic units to train from scratch in FE7, he's BY FAR the most reliant or at least the most defined from having Staff, Light magic is the worst, Canas had a pretty wtf promotion gains and Dark Tomes, while Erk i guess hes well rounded

But the main point is that getting the ability to use Staff was such a huge boon back in GBA era(or really almost the entire series) that if you remove their ability to use Staff, they would be pretty shit. For reference, currently Canas, Erk, and Lucius is right above Hector in FE7 Tier list that i can found

If you remove their ability to use staff, they will drop from there all the way into below Karel or Dorcas which is effectively going from High Tier into Low Tier

Heck Leif is currently the undisputed #2 of FE4. Remove his ability to use Staff, and he would drop into like #15. Another is Sety. Remove his ability to use Staff and instead of the current Sety >>>>>> Cyas, it would be Cyas >>>>> Sety Its kinda ridiculous how different Healer(Staves) in heroes are compared to Healer in the entire series

Edited by JSND

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Celica being a red mage would be an ideal counterpart to Alm being a red sword. Although it could go either way.

That's what I mean, it could go either way. But I feel like some people are acting like she'll definitely be a mage.

16 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

We don't have Erk or Canas yet, healer or otherwise, and the same can be said about Binding Blade's Lugh and Hugh. It's kind of funny how we got Soren before them. Even outside of Elibe, you've got Miriel and Ricken. Not even going to bother trying to figure out which Fates mages exist.

What's funny about this? I love Erk and Canas and I wish we had them, but once you start having Tellius characters, Soren makes sense as being there quickly since he's fairly "main character-ish" (one of Ike's main adviser in FE9 and a tactician, and also has a backstory packed full with Tellius lore). I mean, would be nice to have Elincia and Micaiah already as well, but asides from that...

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's what I mean, it could go either way. But I feel like some people are acting like she'll definitely be a mage.

It wouldn't surprise me if she ends up as a Red Sword unit. She DOES have a signature sword after all. She'd need The Zofia to be REALLY good or packed with a good ability for her to stand out as well as having "viable" stats to make the most out of that weapon. 

The current overpopulation of red sword units is why people want her as a red tome unit instead since we really don't have that many of those.

1 minute ago, salinea said:

What's funny about this? I love Erk and Canas and I wish we had them, but once you start having Tellius characters, Soren makes sense as being there quickly since he's fairly "main character-ish" (one of Ike's main adviser in FE9 and a tactician, and also has a backstory packed full with Tellius lore). I mean, would be nice to have Elincia and Micaiah already as well, but asides from that...

It's nothing to do with Soren, and more to do with the fact that the only early-game mage we got at base was Merric. None of the other continents got their early mages but Tellius, which was the last continent to be added.

But hey, we've got every shaman except Canas, Knoll and Salem.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

It wouldn't surprise me if she ends up as a Red Sword unit. She DOES have a signature sword after all. She'd need The Zofia to be REALLY good or packed with a good ability for her to stand out as well as having "viable" stats to make the most out of that weapon. 

The current overpopulation of red sword units is why people want her as a red tome unit instead since we really don't have that many of those.

Couldn't this Mae character be a red tome? Or does she use wind or thunder or something (which have only been green and blue respectively). I believe I saw someone mention earlier that she's a mage.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Couldn't this Mae character be a red tome? Or does she use wind or thunder or something (which have only been green and blue respectively).

Mae's known for Thunder magic so she'd be Blue. Both her and Boey can use different elements and FEH doesn't care about class/spell canon but Blue for Mae would be more fitting. Mae can also learn Aura. Boey can learn Excalibur which would make him Green, that is, if the FEH team wants a second Excalibur user. He starts with Fire magic in Gaiden/SoV so...I could see him being Red Tome and Celica being Red Sword...or both being Red Tome units...only time wil tell. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

It's nothing to do with Soren, and more to do with the fact that the only early-game mage we got at base was Merric. None of the other continents got their early mages but Tellius, which was the last continent to be added.

But hey, we've got every shaman except Canas, Knoll and Salem.

Ooooh, the early game mages, I see!!

We did get a lot of dark mages, didn't we? With at least some, I feel it'd down to popularity (Tharja, Henry, Odin I guess... does Leo count?) but I'm not sure why we got Raigh and Sophia rather than others...

1 minute ago, salinea said:

Ooooh, the early game mages, I see!!

We did get a lot of dark mages, didn't we? With at least some, I feel it'd down to popularity (Tharja, Henry, Odin I guess... does Leo count?) but I'm not sure why we got Raigh and Sophia rather than others...

Sophia is also likely to have added a tome all to herself, while Raigh added an entire class of tomes that the second and third GHBs were devoted to adding members to.

7 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Mae's known for Thunder magic so she'd be Blue. Both her and Boey can use different elements and FEH doesn't care about class/spell canon but Blue for Mae would be more fitting. Mae can also learn Aura. Boey can learn Excalibur which would make him Green, that is, if the FEH team wants a second Excalibur user. He starts with Fire magic in Gaiden/SoV so...I could see him being Red Tome and Celica being Red Sword...or both being Red Tome units...only time wil tell. 

Huh, well, okay then. Only time will tell though, yeah.

I was hoping the Celica banner would wait a bit, personally, so we can get a few more Tellius characters first, but I can see why this would happen now. Echoes is going to release in the west soonish.

38 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think it's less that they're sure she's a mage and more that they're hoping she'll be a mage since we already have far too many red swords in the game compared to red mages.

Or at least that's how it is for me.

@Anacybele: Celica's banner is coming to tie in with the international release of SoV just like Alm's banner for the Japanese release last month.  I guess FE Warriors will eventually get a banner in FEH at some point. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

@Anacybele: Celica's banner is coming to tie in with the international release of SoV just like Alm's banner for the Japanese release last month.  I guess FE Warriors will eventually get a banner in FEH at some point. 

Um, yes, I know, that's what I literally said in my post. Thanks for stating the obvious...

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I don't get why everyone is guessing Celica will be a mage. I think she's just as likely, if not more likely, to be a sword wielder. She DOES use both weapons, so it's not a guarantee at all that she'll be a mage.

She was a mage in Awakening, and she's well known for using the Ragnarok spell as well as for being "the mage lord". Given the overabundance of sword users, especially among lords, I think it's a pretty safe bet that she'll be a red tome user. Not definite, but given that both Robins are tome users despite also being sword/tome users in their games, and Raven is an axe user despite being a primary sword user, I think making her a sword user would not fit their patterns with previous characters very well.

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

She was a mage in Awakening, and she's well known for using the Ragnarok spell as well as for being "the mage lord". Given the overabundance of sword users, especially among lords, I think it's a pretty safe bet that she'll be a red tome user. Not definite, but given that both Robins are tome users despite also being sword/tome users in their games, and Raven is an axe user despite being a primary sword user, I think making her a sword user would not fit their patterns with previous characters very well.

Except Micaiah is more of a mage lord since she's actually exclusively a mage? Celica deserves that title less, imo.

I honestly haven't seen much of a pattern in this game at all, personally. Things are just too inconsistent. Lachesis was made an infantry healer despite apparently being more known as a mounted sword wielder. Lucius was made a healer despite being more known as a light magic wielder.

If Celica is more known for a magic spell, then by THAT "pattern" she should be a sword unit.

And speaking of sword units, Lon'qu turned out to be useless, even with a good bane/boon combo. He doesn't stay alive at all. Or having a -Def bane isn't ideal at all for him despite the +Atk. Hana will have even lower defenses due to Life and Death, so I won't bother with her at all anymore either. So much for getting some actual speedsters...

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Except Micaiah is more of a mage lord since she's actually exclusively a mage? Celica deserves that title less, imo.

I honestly haven't seen much of a pattern in this game at all, personally. Things are just too inconsistent. Lachesis was made an infantry healer despite apparently being more known as a mounted sword wielder. Lucius was made a healer despite being more known as a light magic wielder.

If Celica is more known for a magic spell, then by THAT "pattern" she should be a sword unit.

And speaking of sword units, Lon'qu turned out to be useless, even with a good bane/boon combo. He doesn't stay alive at all. Or having a -Def bane isn't ideal at all for him despite the +Atk.

I forgot about Micaiah. Not the only one, then, but the first one. I'm quite sure I remember Celica being known as the Mage lord before Micaiah was released.

There are like three characters that have weapon types distinctly different than the ones they're most known for, and over a hundred that have the weapon type they're most known for. It's pretty clearly more likely for characters to get their primary weapon, just not a guarantee. Even looking at the characters that didn't, it's understandable. Raven got an axe because they didn't want to cram in too many sword users, while Lucius got healing because they didn't have light tomes and didn't want to bother adding them. Lachesis being a healer can also be attributed to them not wanting to overload on swords, and it's not too surprising since she was a Troubadour in Awakening. It would have been cooler for her to have been mounted in this game as well, but it's understandable for her not to be since she only gained a mount on promotion in her original game. I think a big contributor to the backlash against her was her status as the first healer character in a focus: previous focus characters had all been a lot more useful in Heroes, and at least a mount would have made that not quite so bad.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

It would have been cooler for her to have been mounted in this game as well, but it's understandable for her not to be since she only gained a mount on promotion in her original game.

Eliwood.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Eliwood.

Eliwood gained a mount on promotion and has one in this game, while Seliph, Eirika, and Ephraim all gain mounts on promotion and don't have them in this game. So clearly, it can go one way or the other.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

There are like three characters that have weapon types distinctly different than the ones they're most known for, and over a hundred that have the weapon type they're most known for. It's pretty clearly more likely for characters to get their primary weapon, just not a guarantee. Even looking at the characters that didn't, it's understandable. Raven got an axe because they didn't want to cram in too many sword users, while Lucius got healing because they didn't have light tomes and didn't want to bother adding them. Lachesis being a healer can also be attributed to them not wanting to overload on swords, and it's not too surprising since she was a Troubadour in Awakening. It would have been cooler for her to have been mounted in this game as well, but it's understandable for her not to be since she only gained a mount on promotion in her original game. I think a big contributor to the backlash against her was her status as the first healer character in a focus: previous focus characters had all been a lot more useful in Heroes, and at least a mount would have made that not quite so bad.

I don't get why they don't bother adding light tomes, especially when Micaiah exists.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Eliwood gained a mount on promotion and has one in this game, while Seliph, Eirika, and Ephraim all gain mounts on promotion and don't have them in this game. So clearly, it can go one way or the other.

I told you there were inconsistencies. Though I do think Eliwood's mounted version is a bit more well known than those other three. Also, I bet IS wanted to differentiate Eliwood from his kid. He and Roy are quite similar otherwise, I think.

Now that I look at Lon'qu again, I'm thinking he just needs a better special. Glimmer sucks on him with his lowish attack. But I don't have anymore skill fodder after dumping so much on my 5 star guys...

Edited by Anacybele