Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

And there you go.

Is that what it is known to be?  Has it been datamined or experimentally determined?  It could be programmed to be any number, really.  It sounds pretty accurate though, when I think about how few neutrals I've pulled.

If so, for anyone wondering, just do the following to figure out if you want to roll for better IVs on certain characters -

(#Acceptable Banes / 5) * (#Acceptable Boons / 4) * 20/21

Gives me ~28.5% (the 1/21 doesn't factor in much) for 2 acceptable banes, 3 acceptable boons.  Not confident, but anything is better than a +def/-spd Gaius.

edit:  There's also only 4.8% chance of getting a 'perfect' IV (exactly what you want).  And the same chance for getting the worst possible nature, which I sadly got on Gaius :(

Edited by Lushen

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Is that what it is known to be?  Has it been datamined or experimentally determined?

The latter. Assuming a single RN the base probability is 1/21 since that's how many possible stat variances there are.

You do need to put those rates into context though, since you have to pull said unit first; suddenly, 33% for 7 acceptable variances, for instance, doesn't seem as reliable.

Have you found anything else on the subject?

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

The latter. Assuming a single RN the base probability is 1/21 since that's how many possible stat variances there are.

You do need to put those rates into context though, since you have to pull said unit first; suddenly, 33% for 7 acceptable variances, for instance, doesn't seem as reliable.

Have you found anything else on the subject?

No, I saw a thread saying the same thing where people agreed that the 1/21 was probably true just by what people were experiencing.  

And true, about the context.  But it can be helpful if you already have a 5* and want to know how likely it is that you can get a better one.  If you have the second best nature, you should know that spending all your orbs to get the very best nature could be a waste of time since there's only a 4.8% chance of getting a better one if you pull a duplicate.  Or in my case, a ~95% chance of getting a better one and a ~30% chance of getting one I'd be very happy with.  So to me, it's worth it to keep pulling (also considering -spd/+def summer Gaius is pretty much flatout worse than most archers).

23 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Has it been datamined or experimentally determined?

@MrSmokestack It has now.

My spreadsheet currently has 7,965 units total. 425 of them have a neutral nature.

3 of them are the Askr Trio. I sent home the other starting units before I started my spreadsheet. 20 of them are free 1-star and 2-star units from Hero Battles (I sent home several before starting my spreadsheet). 14 of them are quest rewards (excluding Grand Hero Battle characters). 1 of them is the Android 4-star Corrin (F). 32 of them are Grand Hero Battle characters. 2 of them are Tempest Trial rewards. That makes 72 units on my spreadsheet that were not summoned.

That means I have a total of 353 neutral summoned units (experimental uncertainty of ±19) out of 7,893 total summoned units. This comes out to a neutral-nature summon rate of 1 in 22.4±1.2, which is consistent with the hypothesis of a neutral-nature summon rate of 1 in 21. □

Edited by Ice Dragon

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That means I have a total of 353 neutral summoned units (experimental uncertainty of ±19) out of 7,893 total summoned units. This comes out to a neutral-nature summon rate of 1 in 22.4±1.2, which is consistent with the hypothesis of a neutral-nature summon rate of 1 in 21. □

Holy crap that's a lot of units.

Glad the mystery has been solved xD

Out of curiosity, how are you getting an uncertainty?  Coming from an engineering background, we use averages and standard deviations but that really only works for numerical situations. 

Edited by Lushen

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Dion is Celine, isn’t she?

One of them we can call Awesome Arthur, and the other Arthur Awesome. (there’s also Sacred Stones Artur to consider)

If they hadn’t re-localised Seliph, we could have had a dyslexic’s nightmare team of Celica, Celice, Cecilia, and Cecil.

Oh, whoops. And now I just remembered another "Selena": Selina Kyle aka Catwoman. Celina, Luna, Selena, Selina, Serena, and Severa. Eh, Camus is a Girl and Red Twintailed Tsundere. There you go. :P

Camus being one letter off from Samus... Hmm... 

Edited by Kaden

Just now, Kaden said:

Camus being one letter off from Samus... Hmm... 

Now I can't imagine anything besides Camus in a skintight body suit. You have officially ruined my evening. Thanks.

Will you ever pull a red mage? You know, a good one?

So this is what the person said about the method to differentiate the orbs that have 3* unit and the ones that have either 4* or 5*: 

Ok so we all know that thing when you’re summoning the smoke coming out from the bottom means it’s a four or five star right? Well there’s another way too. 
Before you choose any orb look and see if there’s any orbs that are brighter than the others, those are 4 and 5 star orbs. Or look for one with more “sparkles” than the others. 
My friends and I tried this theory out and it worked so it’ll most likely work for you too.

Now, go out there and summon some 4 and 5 star kids

AHHH, OK SO SOME PEOPLE ARE ASKING ME ABOUT THIS SOME IM GONNA TRY AND EXPLAIN AGAIN SORTA
When I say the orbs are brighter I’m talking about that sparkle on the corner of each shape inside the orbs. You can’t just glance at it and say ‘oh its a 5* orb’ no you gotta stare and compare how bright the pulse is for each orb. It’s a process ik but please take my word for it :’))))

If you still don’t think that this doesn’t work then idc you do you. I’m just saying what I know. And I’m sorry if my explanations are hard to understand :’)

So basically for this we need a gif  instead just  a single screenshot to prove this theory.Anyone interested? 

Edited by DraceEmpressa

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

So this is what the person said about the method to differentiate the orbs that have 3* unit and the ones that have either 4* or 5*:

***Snip***

So basically for this we need a gif to prove it instead just  a single screenshot to prove this theory. Anyone interested? 

I'm a long way off from being convinced about this. It probably would have been discovered months ago were it really true.

Gifs also tend to be low quality so it wouldn't amount to much of anything at all.

17 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Out of curiosity, how are you getting an uncertainty?  Coming from an engineering background, we use averages and standard deviations but that really only works for numerical situations. 

"Counting statistics" is pretty common in physics, which is my background. It's really simple, so here's a quick primer, in case anyone's interested:

When you have an experimental value that represents a count of "random" events (such as the number of particles that fall in your detector), the standard deviation is the square root of the count. A count of 353 therefore has a standard deviation of √353 = 19.

The 7,893 count of total pulls does not have an experimental uncertainty because each pull is a "trigger" event which is under the control of the experimenter.

11 hours ago, Falcom said:

Im considering about sacrificing both Luke and Hawkeye (both are 5*) to get brave sword+ and death blow for my +Atk Laslow. I don't use either, so I figured why not? On the other hand, I want to make him bulky and try to roll another summer Robin for that HP & Def+ Skill. Or just get +5 HP.

Any ideas? Bulky Laslow or Deathblow Laslow?

I have a Brave Sword+/Deathblow 3 Laslow, so that gets my vote.  I think he's fun to use.  :^_^:  I put Swordbreaker 3 on mine too.

51 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Now I can't imagine anything besides Camus in a skintight body suit. You have officially ruined my evening. Thanks.

You're welcome. :P

Well, what if it's a wholesome bodysuit like Camus wearing a diving suit?

Also, when I think of Samus, I think of her Varia Suit.

51 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Will you ever pull a red mage? You know, a good one?

Ah, yes, the question I ask myself every summon. And the answer so far is: "Go **** yourself." Thanks, game. Love you too.

Even Henry is decently good if you can get T-Adept on him. As dumb as it is, I wanted to build a Henry who tanks and destroys axe units. It'd be one way to get rid of some of these Laslows and G Tomebreaker would make more sense on Katarina, Leo, Lilina, Raigh, or Sophia, the mages with higher resistance. It's also better on Cecilia and Julia. 32 base defense laughs at axe units if he has T-Adept. Just bait them, take a step back, and they explode. Being able to tank colorless by default is cool too.

Two Henrys or better, three would be enough for my needs at this point. One not crappy Henry for axe slaying shenanigans and the other two to give Sophia G Tomebreaker 3 and a Rauðrraven+ tome -- might as well go + knowing my atrocious luck with red mages. But I can't have that now can I? It's not like one of the main antagonists is a green mage with high defense, especially as a boss. You'll be fine with an average red mage and a slug of a red mage that gets doubled by almost everything in the game.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Speedo Camus or bust.

Speaking of red mages, I have 5⋆ Lilina and Sanaki (both +Atk) and 4⋆ Sophia and Tharja (both +Spd). I would have loved Celica and Katarina too :(

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

You're welcome. :P

Also, when I think of Samus, I think of her Varia Suit.

You know exactly what I'm talking about

I think I'll be able to rest easy if I manage to pull a Faye or Genny at some point, though my skill fodder reserves are running a bit dry. And since you mentioned it, I need some Adept for my -Raven Cecilia.

I just finished building my Legion though so I'm pretty happy about that.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You know exactly what I'm talking about

I think I'll be able to rest easy if I manage to pull a Faye or Genny at some point, though my skill fodder reserves are running a bit dry. And since you mentioned it, I need some Adept for my -Raven Cecilia.

I just finished building my Legion though so I'm pretty happy about that.

No Brave Axe+ smh

17 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Damnit, that's what I've been trying to do, but I still need to 5* a Cecilia first... The road is long.

13 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

PnkAPUx.png

tfw you can't even slice open a bikini

Indeed, I was thinking of giving her the GreenRaven+ or 5* Alphonse yesterday but I chose the former.

Robin and her high level bikini armor

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I scrolled all the way down and saw this

What.

The.

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

That doesn't work on me because its Camilla lul

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And you’re the one to talk about reputation. Okay.

I mean, she was my second 5* (that I pulled two minutes after the game came out in February)... I've used her a lot.

This is totally random...but has anyone else noticed that the eye color for Alfonse/Sharena/Anna all correspond to their weakness? I was looking at the Story menu and felt a slap to the face for it XD

Alfonse: blue, weak to blue

Sharena: green, weak to green

Anna: red, weak to red.

Just a trivia bit