Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Lushen said:

Has it been explained why they chose to call it "Bound Hero Battle" instead of "Bond Hero Battle".  I'm not sure what they're going for...

Perhaps because they are "Bound" by veronica?

Alm and Celica are into some kinky stuff.  I don't judge, though.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Do you think we were interrupting something before we fought them in the map?

Yes, that's why they were so hostile.

Has it been explained why they chose to call it "Bound Hero Battle" instead of "Bond Hero Battle".  I'm not sure what they're going for...

Bound by fate, i assume.

Bound by fate, i assume.

2 hours ago, r_n said:

Bound by fate, i assume.

That's what a lot of people are saying, but I think it's a stretch.  You can be bound by fate to anything, it doesn't necessarily have to be a person.  It's probably what they were going for, but I think it's a bit silly.  Maybe it's one of those things where there isn't an exact translation.

12 minutes ago, Lushen said:

That's what a lot of people are saying, but I think it's a stretch.  You can be bound by fate to anything, it doesn't necessarily have to be a person.  It's probably what they were going for, but I think it's a bit silly.  Maybe it's one of those things where there isn't an exact translation.

Well I mean, like, at least in this case, they are literally bound by fate and destiny. 

And also, not seeing what's wrong with it being more general? Bonds are already pretty general. Family, friends, lovers, etc

12 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Well I mean, like, at least in this case, they are literally bound by fate and destiny. 

And also, not seeing what's wrong with it being more general? Bonds are already pretty general. Family, friends, lovers, etc

So I'm just curious. Between the Bound Hero battles, Chain Challenges, Squad Assault, Daily orbs, Arena quest orbs and Arena reward orbs with Tempest orbs on the Horizon, people have to be swimming in them. Me on the other hand, I'm burning every 20 I get on the Tempest and Summer banners, respectively in hopes for an easier life in the TT and some of those summer units you'll never get again with SP FARMING SKILLS and things like that (Plus I only have 1, now 2 5 star lance units. Hinoka doesn't count.). I'd like to save for the CYL banner, but it doesn't seem likely at this point. The current units are too good to pass up and I don't want to suffer using Faye in the tempest.

So what's your orb count? Are you stockpiling or blowing it all like me?

I'm stockpiling, because no way am I going to throw away chances for CYL Ike! Especially with the chance that due to the other three being Lyn, Roy, and Lucina, they could ALL be red sword units. I'll need as many orbs as I can get my hands on if I'm to maximize my chances of pulling Ike without having to spend money. We also don't know if these units will be limited time like the seasonal ones and not remain in the pool when their banner ends.

I also already have a Tempest bonus character in Alm. Even if he is -Atk... His attack still ended up being 53 with Attack +3 though, so it's not all that bad.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm stockpiling, because no way am I going to throw away chances for CYL Ike! Especially with the chance that due to the other three being Lyn, Roy, and Lucina, they could ALL be red sword units. I'll need as many orbs as I can get my hands on if I'm to maximize my chances of pulling Ike without having to spend money. We also don't know if these units will be limited time like the seasonal ones and not remain in the pool when their banner ends.

I also already have a Tempest bonus character in Alm. Even if he is -Atk... His attack still ended up being 53 with Attack +3 though, so it's not all that bad.

I'm hoping they all get their potential alternate weapons.  Ike could get an Urvan, Lyn could get Murgleis, Lucina could get whichever Lance is Legendary in Awakening.  That would just leave Roy as getting a Binding Blade that actually has Distant Counter.  That way, they're all different colors, and hopefully it makes it easier to Pull who you want.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I'm hoping they all get their potential alternate weapons.  Ike could get an Urvan, Lyn could get Murgleis, Lucina could get whichever Lance is Legendary in Awakening.  That would just leave Roy as getting a Binding Blade that actually has Distant Counter.  That way, they're all different colors, and hopefully it makes it easier to Pull who you want.

I hope they're different colors too, but honestly, Urvan would make more sense for Greil or an alternate version of RD Ike (regular would get Ragnell like his PoR self). And PoR Ike was the Ike that won the poll.

I think it's physically impossible for me to save my orbs. XD There aren't any banners I'm looking forward to. At this point, I just want the characters I don't have. At the moment, I'm missing 14 (not counting seasonal characters because I don't care much for them). So I try to only pull from banners that have characters I don't have. I don't have Alm, Boey, or Lukas, so I've been trying my luck with the first two.

My percentage finally reset with my shiny new Mae (a five star one to replace my 4 star one). I think I'll just have to try another time. The temptation to pul for Lukas is strong, but there's also a chance I could get Clair too... So I'll probably pass. I learned my lesson on the gauntlet banner with Elise. (My +7 Maria and +4 Lachesis say hello. >.> ) I'm sure he'll get another banner eventually. Plus he's also available as a 4 star. (I'll take any form of him. :3 )

So I'll probably save my orbs for now at least. I kind of doubt my fave characters will be in the game for a long time. Regardless, it's really fun to pull for new characters.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

built in TA on Binding Blade is the real dream

I'm basically going to spend on the TT banner until my *5 is reset. Weather or not I get a bonus unit I'm done after that, I don't even care about that banner. After that I'm stockpiling and won't spend until the summer banner is just about over. If the newest banner gets a preview and I don't like what I see, I'm splurging.

...I didn't realize you could grind SP and EXP on normal mode on Chain Challenge if you don't finish. I haven't completed any of the normal mode maps.

...WELP. TIME TO TRAIN FAYE.

Edited by Zeo

Stockpile. I got both valor skills from summer banner after 120 orbs and only a 3.25% pity rate so I should probably stop. While I do definitely want the other two characters for the collection, y'all got me paranoid about CYL starting the very next day after summer banner ends. And there's still a ton of orbs to earn, along with daily orbs lasting through the tempest trial. But what worries me about a CYL banner is that they're all swordies, and we really don't know if they'll give them alternate weapons, or if they'll be limited time only like the other seasonal banners.

Just now, Zeo said:

...I didn't realize you could grind SP and EXP on normal mode on Chain Challenge if you don't finish. I haven't completed any of the normal mode maps.

...WELP. TIME TO TRAIN FAYE.

Yep, I figured this out the night of. It follows the rules of Tempest Trials. You keep what you earned from finished maps, but not what you earn on a map you surrender on. So surrender as soon as you hit map 10.

Stockpile and I used to limit myself to 2 summons per banner with some exceptions to get a ton of different units. Otherwise, I just skip them if I don't care for the banner or there aren't any units who'd be that useful if I had them. Now, I think I'm just going to stick with summoning banners that are seasonal for the seasonal units I want or if there's a new unit I like who would be really useful to me like an axe knight (can't think of anyone, but old man Hector), red mage (Ophelia and Orochi?), or sword flyer (Tanith).

I'd like to get Tikini, but I'd be fine if I didn't get her, and Cordelia, Hector, Hinoka, Ike, Katarina, Lyn, Serra, and Tharja are regulars, so I'll get them eventually... I hope. Red mages will come eventually and it'll be way easier if it was through a GHB, Tempest Trial, or even a quest. Free Henry when? At least he'd be =Atk.

I'm at a point where when the summer banner ends or I get Tikini, I might just dump every single orb I get into increasing my barracks size.

Also, still questioning how I even got Genny. Summoned a colorless orb as the first orb of Celica's banner and suddenly, fluffy hair. Meanwhile, everyone else dumping hundreds of orbs and not getting her. Was I a shepherd or something in my past life?

Edited by Kaden

I wish this game had something like a temporary orb storage. Something that you could give a timed lock, you know? Like an "Orb Vault" where you stash your orbs for a set amount of time of your choosing and you absolutely cannot use them until the vault reopens. Like 60 orbs in the vault for a week. To prevent impulse spending. Of course that would go against the business model that is: spend all your free orbs so you can buy some. A guy can dream though. I wasted 45 orbs on the Vantage banner. The 40 was good faith, but that last 5 was just impulse pulling in futile hope.

Oh, so I guess Tobin actually has his own skills and everything. I wonder how his stats will turn out.

Edit: Looks like they've been found a while back :/

For Phantom Spd 1, What other skills besides Windsweep and Watersweep is there? I can't think of any other.

Okay, so this is the third edit, but I just realized Tobin is drawn by Kaya8. He's going into a team of mine no matter what.

Edited by KongDude