Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I'm about to break into the 100 stamina potions mark. Also, 500 more points before 5* Tobin. It took 4* Tobin 24 levels and a couple of dead mooks to get all of his skills. RIP 4* Tobin when I get 5* Tobin. 4* Tobin is getting merged into 5* Tobin so I'll have 1 less Tobin and 1 more barrack slot.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Well, that's your loss. Rehabilitate andĀ Recover are fantastic healing assists.

I know they are. I just haven't been able to access them yet. And I didn't lose anything since I didn't have anything to lose here. xP

I've been watching Jugdral LPs at work... And I gotta say we are overdue for some more characters from that world! And some maps would be great too, for that beautiful music.

We are missingĀ so manyĀ awesome Jugdral characters...Ā I would especially like Lewyn, Ayra, Cuan, Ethlyn, Alvis, Julius, Ishtar, Shanan, Sety, Oifey... andĀ Thracia really needs a banner with sayĀ Leif, Finn, Nana, Altenna, and August (afaik he doesn't fight but this is Heroes, where anything goes).

I just really have a craving for new art for these guys! I think all the Jugdral characters added so far look great save for Seliph, hope the trend continues.

33 minutes ago, XRay said:

You can run Alm. That way, the other units can be whoever you want. You can run two glass cannons and a Dancer/Singer or just go with three glass cannons.

But I don't have Alm.

33 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I always do Rehabiliate when I can, unless you count Reciprocal Aid.

I'm training mine, since I don't have normal Lucina. Ā Too bad she has no natural skills.

It's not that bad. Good skills like Fury aren't hard to find, for example.

I haven't played too much of FE4, but I'd definitely want to see Ishtar, Arvis, Finn, Dagda, Tina, Saias, and a certain axe-wielding fighter that need not be named added to Heroes.

Mjƶlnir and Thor Hammer becoming killer tomes would be great, and new passives that could play around the concept of leadership stars would be a nice touch.

There's potential for mage armors too and I'd really like to see where that goes.

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I didn't lose anything since I didn't have anything to lose here. xP

Figure of speech.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

They're also 1 and 2 star that way. I don't use feathers on healers, personally. Rehabilitate is 4 star only.

1-star units? Hah! Those are just a myth. No one has seen such a creature in person. What next, will Bigfoot marry the abominable snowman? HAHAHAHAHA.

...though really itd be rad news if that happened

2 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Rehabilitate is pretty good, but it interferes with procing specials, like imbue or balms that normally need just one charge. Your units need a lot of max health for Rehabilitate to outheal Recover in most situations, though Recover also adds +1 to your cooldown count. You'd have to go a turn without healing for Rehabilitate to really get into the double digits, and that can shut off breakers and Quick Riposte.

I haven't really found the increased cooldown to much much of an issue for Recover, at least. If anything, it's actually helpful to have Kindled-Fire Balm on a two-action cooldown instead of a one-action cooldown during my Tempest Trials runs.

I'm running a Life and Death Desperation team for Tempest Trials this time around, which means Elise is around mostly for emergencies (namely Gravity support) and for giving Cecilia her Hone Cavalry buff. Elise has her default Kindled-Fire Balm as her special because my infantry buff of choice is Hone Spd to avoid having them overlap. The cooldown means I get to make two actions before the next heal triggers Kindled-Fire Balm, but the only time I need it to trigger is the first turn of the final map. This givesĀ me up to two heals to re-adjust the HP on my Desperation users, such as for baiting an archer or dagger user, which is just about the number I need on a typical run. I rarely ever go over two heals, but often am under, which can easily be fixed by having Elise attack something.

Ā 

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Recover fares better if you have damage mitigation on hand already, but I have a lot more Fury units than I do, say,Ā Triangle Adept ones, and the damage adds up very quickly such thatĀ Recover can't keep up. I'd use Physic but it simply doesn't heal enough to compensate for the ranged utility,Ā and the 2-range restriction can become a handicap in some situations.

All you need is to spend more feathers on Life and Death fodder and then you'll never have to worry about your healing keeping up.

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

Our area's power is going to be shut down tomorrow. What a pain. Scrambling to think of things I'll do to pass the time. Anything that beats the heat.

Drive to a Starbucks outside of the dead zone and leech the WiFi and power supply.

2 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Our area's power is going to be shut down tomorrow. What a pain. Scrambling to think of things I'll do to pass the time. Anything that beats the heat.

Move to my place, we have rain aplenty.

Regarding the healing discussion, I find Physic is pretty good when training units with a dancer. That way, the dancer is in between the healer and unit, so you can either dance the unit again or dance the healer again (with Imbue activated) for more healing.

Rehabilitate is really good though, and I put it on Elise as sometimes Xander gets damaged too much from Fury + Quick Riposte. Recover was good with Live to Serve, since 15 HP is half of my Elise's HP, but if you're in the 'good' Rehabilitate range, then I find it was better than Recover.

8 hours ago, Kaden said:

I'm about to break into the 100 stamina potions mark. Also, 500 more points before 5* Tobin. It took 4* Tobin 24 levels and a couple of dead mooks to get all of his skills. RIP 4* Tobin when I get 5* Tobin. 4* Tobin is getting merged into 5* Tobin so I'll have 1 less Tobin and 1 more barrack slot.

You are not going to promote Tobin 4* to 5* and get a 5*+1? I prefer to keep all my limited heroes because I may eventually get around to promote them someday. Merging them before 5* feels like I am going to miss out on their full potential.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Move to my place, we have rain aplenty.

Rain only makes it worse in New York. The humidity traps heat and makes everything feel sticky.

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

On my way. See you in a few hours

NYC heat is terrible. I loved the winter this year though <3

This pass winter is okay. I moved to New York during 2014, thinking every winter will always be that snowy. It was just disappointments every year after that, since there is not enough snow to set the winter mood.

20 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Regarding the healing discussion, I find Physic is pretty good when training units with a dancer. That way, the dancer is in between the healer and unit, so you can either dance the unit again or dance the healer again (with Imbue activated) for more healing.

Rehabilitate is really good though, and I put it on Elise as sometimes Xander gets damaged too much from Fury + Quick Riposte. Recover was good with Live to Serve, since 15 HP is half of my Elise's HP, but if you're in the 'good' Rehabilitate range, then I find it was better than Recover.

I prefer using two Dancers/Singer, so I usually Dance/Sing both when training.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Here, have a typhoon

Hurricanes killed a few people in New York. I know I am not likely to die, but I still prefer not to be one of those people.

Edited by XRay

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

Hurricanes killed a few people in New York. I know I am not likely to die, but I still prefer not to be one of those people.

Here, Taiwan and and theĀ Philippines get hit hard by them. But Hong Kong sits behind them with a giant slab of land called China behind it, so we get shielded lol. When typhoons do reach us they've already been significantly weakened. The only time (in recent memory) we've had it bad was when, somehow, aĀ typhoon went past us onto China, then did a 180 and hit us again. The second time it was really strong.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

This pass winter is okay. I moved to New York during 2014, thinking every winter will always be that snowy. It was just disappointments every year after that, since there is not enough snow to set the winter mood.

I feel that. I moved to NYC the same year and I'm disappointed I haven't been getting the white Christmases I was expecting. Shoveling snow on occasion in March or late February is not what I was hoping for.

Two of Raven's castle quotes:

• ā€œI used to rely on a sword, but the stronger I get, I think the axe suits me better.ā€
  • ā€œI have my reasons for fighting, and for pushing myself to get stronger, and for getting flexible with weapons.ā€

Nice that they acknowledged the oddness of it.

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

That's because New York is so far north that they don't normally get them, and thus are not as well prepared for them as the southern states.

States like NC are much more prepared. ...Well, except in cases like Hurricane Matthew from last year. But THAT was because people were for some reason led to believe that the damn thing would miss instead of directly slamming both Carolinas. I lived down there at the time, so I know just how it turned out. I knew we'd be hit. "The hurricane will loop back around and hit Florida a second time!" they said. I was like "my ass, that makes no sense and I've never once seen a hurricane do that in my entire life. We're getting hit and I want to get out of here."

I've done my own research on many hurricanes because I find them to be fascinating storms. None of them did such a loop maneuver. I told my parents we should evacuate because it might be a category 4 when it hits, but they didn't want to. Thankfully, of course, we were fine, and it was only category 1-2 when it reached us, despite our not-flood-zone actually winding up half flooded.

Edited by Anacybele

16 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I feel that. I moved to NYC the same year and I'm disappointed I haven't been getting the white Christmases I was expecting. Shoveling snow on occasion in March or late February is not what I was hoping for.

I must be really lucky. My landlord shovels all the snow. I have not shoveled snow once in my entire life yet.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's because New York is so far north that they don't normally get them, and thus are not as well prepared for them as the southern states.

States like NC are much more prepared. ...Well, except in cases like Hurricane Matthew from last year. But THAT was because people were for some reason led to believe that the damn thing would miss instead of directly slamming both Carolinas. I lived down there at the time, so I know just how it turned out. I knew we'd be hit. "The hurricane will loop back around and hit Florida a second time!" they said. I was like "my ass, that makes no sense and I've never once seen a hurricane do that in my entire life. We're getting hit and I want to get out of here."

I've done my own research on many hurricanes because I find them to be fascinating storms. None of them did such a loop maneuver. I told my parents we should evacuate because it might be a category 4 when it hits, but they didn't want to. Thankfully, of course, we were fine, and it was only category 1-2 when it reached us, despite our not-flood-zone actually winding up half flooded.

I am going to buy a house on a tall hill someday. That should hopefully flood proof my house for the next 100 years even if Republicans wins the next 10 elections and sea level rises.

Edited by XRay

35 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Here, have a typhoon

Ā 

27 minutes ago, XRay said:

Rain only makes it worse in New York. The humidity traps heat and makes everything feel sticky.

I prefer using two Dancers/Singer, so I usually Dance/Sing both when training.

The humidity is awful here

Typhoons don't sound fun but it sure sounds more exciting than feeling like you stepped into a sauna as soon as you leave your house. I love Taiwan and all, but the weather is terrible there. NYC summers are so bad too... Still, I'd rather be in Taiwan at this time because the food there is actually good

Man, those 30 F days in winter were so fun... they can't come back quickly enough! I sweat a lot if it's above 75 F. I'm not even joking. One time I was wearing short sleeves and sweat in like 57 F weather in California...

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I must be really lucky. My landlord shovels all the snow. I have not shoveled snow once in my entire life yet.

I am going to buy a house on a tall hill someday. That should hopefully flood proof my house for the next 100 years even if Republicans wins the next 10 elections and sea level rises.

I want to live down south again. It's too fucking cold up here in any month that isn't May, June, July, August, and maybe September. Hell, it was actually cold here in May this year. Fayetteville, NC was great. Not much cold at all. The only unbearably cold months were January and February. I don't get people that prefer cold to warmth. If you want to shiver like hell and risk things like frostbite and your whole mouth going numb, be my guest. I'd rather sweat and go swimming in the warm sun with sunscreen on to prevent any sunburn.

And Republicans have nothing to do with sea level rising or going down. That happens naturally and has gone on for millions of years. Dinosaur ages = no ice. Ice ages = lots of ice. Snowball Earth = You take a guess.

Edited by Anacybele

This thread goes to so many different subjects it doesn't make any senseĀ 

Ahem

So if you could choose between spending 40k on making an Athena with Life and Death or a +Atk Brave Lance Effie, which would you choose? Don't think about what units you have or anything like that, any reason is a good reason lol