Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

She clearly was waiting...

...to BLAZE IT.

*insert Smoke Weed Errydaaay*

It's that Ragnarok, yo.

Any experiences where the character you wanted in a focus actually showed up straight away/pretty soon?

The ones I can think of were the free summons where I got Ninian and Minerva straightaway. (5 star Palla was a cool free summon but I wanted Minerva more)

Hector came in like, 3 summon sessions while colour sniping for my main, and then was my 2nd orb on the first pull in the mini-TT.

PA!Azura came in the 2nd summon session. She came again last week (wrong account!) although I wanted Inigo

PA!Azura came in 2nd summon session in my 2nd account.

In my second account, Brave Ike was in my first session, then a better non-Atk one came in the second session straight after.

Hinoka/Linde came in my 2nd session, which was an hour before the banner ended. Both were -Atk.

Saber was my first summon in Celica's army. Delthea, in Alm's army (although I wanted her the least ironically, and she proved me wrong and showed her worth).

Hinoka and Klein were in my first 2 sessions in Battling Lloyd (Hinoka was -Atk)

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Hector came in like, 3 summon sessions while colour sniping for my main, and then was my 2nd orb on the first pull in the mini-TT.

Hector came for me very soon on the mini tempest banner too, within three stones.

Just now, mcsilas said:

It's that Ragnarok, yo.

Any experiences where the character you wanted in a focus actually showed up straight away/pretty soon?

Nephenee from Crimeans was on either the first or second session. Only reason I shelled money on that banner was to get a not crappy Elincia... it took 5 crap Elincias to get one good one.

Sigurd was an almost immediate pull from Holy war, though I just wanted any of the new units in general... was great to get the best of them though.

Sanaki showed up immediately on the only red orb in my first summoning session when her first banner went up. I was stoked, especially since I didn't get any of the previous four characters on their original banner and I wanted Sanaki more.

Reinhardt was off the vantage banner. It took me three sessions to get a blue stone, but he showed up in the first and only blue stone on the third summoning session. Not as fast as Sanaki, but still pretty good.

Brave Ike showed up twice on the Brave Heroes banner. I think I got two Brave Ikes in my first two summoning sessions? It was something like that, I got two of them really early on.

Shigure showed up in the first round of summoning in the Performing Arts banner, which was nice, but I wasn't aiming specifically for him. Just any of them. Still think that kind of counts, though?

Male Robin and Takumi showed up relatively early on, I don't remember exactly when I got them but I think I got them both before Sanaki's banner was introduced. They were a big help in those early days, so that was nice.

Everyone else was a bit of a pain to get or someone I wasn't particularly aiming to get. Shoutout to Olwen, who showed up twice on the cavalry banner and was -atk both times.

Edited by Sunwoo

24 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

It was unfortunately before free summons, but I got Olwen on my first pull on the Cavalry banner. +Spd too! Still one of the luckiest characters I've ever pulled.

Tailtiu showed up in only 10 orbs plus the free pull, which was a very nice surprise.

Ninian was the free pull on that BHB banner, but she never once appeared in the mini Tempest Trial banner, which I sunk way too many orbs into.

Bride Cordelia wasn't the character I wanted most from her banner, but she showed up in my one and only summoning session on that banner. Only later did I learn how amazingly lucky that was.

That's all that I can think of off the top of my head.

I think Thracia 776 stole all of my Heroes luck. Leif, Orsin, and Brighton have all upgraded their Movement before reaching 4x, and Tanya has had multiple level ups that gave a point to almost every one of her stats.

Also Ronan has increased his Strength like three or four times but still hasn't increased his Magic, which just feels weird.

I must honor these blessings, lest my luck in both Thracia and Heroes turn sour.

Also Tanya should be in Heroes but that's definitely unrelated to anything.

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Also Tanya should be in Heroes but that's definitely unrelated to anything.

I still need to play Thracia some day.

Why do archers in fantasy tend to be frail women, young girls, or feminine guys? Firing a bow requires huge upper body strength and endurance.

30 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Why do archers in fantasy tend to be frail women, young girls, or feminine guys? Firing a bow requires huge upper body strength and endurance.

Well, I can only assume that people who make archers frail women, young girls, or feminine guys have never tried to shoot a bow IRL.

31 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My advice: don't be afraid to use savestates, at least for a first playthrough. They can and will safe a lot of frustration if you're willing to use them, but Thracia will still fight back and provide a solid challenge even with savestates. I'm only playing on a physical copy because... why not, I guess.

That's a solid question. I think it might be that using a bow is seen as a safer, less demanding, and less aggressive way to attack, compared to the fantasy classics like swords and spears, which are always expected on the front lines. That's my best guess for the mindset, anyway. As someone who has participated in archery casually, I can attest to the amount of strength, precision, and endurance it takes to actually use a bow. And as someone who has a sister that participates in archery competitively, I can also attest to the amount of work, practice, and dedication it takes to become and remain good at using a bow.

So just chalk it up to preconceived notions or something like that. Bows "look" like they're good for "delicate" people, it keeps you out of the heat of battle and attacking things from a distance. It doesn't make you get up close and personal. That's likely where the misconception comes from ... plus, I imagine not a lot of these people may have handled a bow either.

36 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So just chalk it up to preconceived notions or something like that. Bows "look" like they're good for "delicate" people, it keeps you out of the heat of battle and attacking things from a distance. It doesn't make you get up close and personal. That's likely where the misconception comes from ... plus, I imagine not a lot of these people may have handled a bow either.

You know the funny part about this is that the writer of Fire Emblem is actually aware about it as early as Binding Blade

ED: which makes Warrior Bows makes so much sense now

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Man, I was dreading using Arvis this Arena week, but he was actually a lot of fun to use, putting him in the spot WAAAAAY in the back where he wouldn't be caught in battle and still nerf units like Hector enough for Bridelia to kill them in two hits from Brave Bow.

HECTOR. Usually she has to tank a hit from him before finishing him off, but Arvis noped that idea so hard.

...he could also kill Brave Ike in like one hit after Valflame ploy. That's just the power of a general debuffer in combat...

Edited by Xenomata

21 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Man, I was dreading using Arvis this Arena week, but he was actually a lot of fun to use, putting him in the spot WAAAAAY in the back where he wouldn't be caught in battle and still nerf units like Hector enough for Bridelia to kill them in two hits from Brave Bow.

HECTOR. Usually she has to tank a hit from him before finishing him off, but Arvis noped that idea so hard.

...he could also kill Brave Ike in like one hit after Valflame ploy. That's just the power of a general debuffer in combat...

Debuffers can be really fun to play with. I used to dread them, but there's something sadistically satisfying about reducing a character's stats to like...nothing. That's part of the reason I enjoy using Matthew every now and then. My build has him debuffing all 4 stats as well as buffing himself. So enemy weapons just tink off of him on enemy phase and then he fries them with Bonfire. I'm super excited to build Arvis. :3

13 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Debuffers can be really fun to play with. I used to dread them, but there's something sadistically satisfying about reducing a character's stats to like...nothing. That's part of the reason I enjoy using Matthew every now and then. My build has him debuffing all 4 stats as well as buffing himself. So enemy weapons just tink off of him on enemy phase and then he fries them with Bonfire. I'm super excited to build Arvis. :3

As a user of Summer Frederick, it's always satisfying to see ALL the enemy stats debuffed after Seal Atk/Spd and Seashell+ combined.

One day I should make a fun debuff defense team of Arvis, Summer Frederick, Saizo and maybe Clarisse/f!Corrin.

I have to admit, Rogue Dagger would be kind of fun to get the Def/Res boost though

Edited by mcsilas

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

As a user of Summer Frederick, it's always to see ALL the enemy stats debuffed after Seal Atk/Spd and Seashell+ combined.

One day I should make a fun debuff defense team of Arvis, Summer Frederick, Saizo and maybe Clarisse/f!Corrin.

I have to admit, Rogue Dagger would be kind of fun to get the Def/Res boost though

I love Rogue Dagger. It just takes stupidly high defense and makes it that much scarier. I have a random friend on my list that friended me because I had Matthew as my lead. His current lead is a 5*+7 Matthew with 41 DEF. When buffs come into play, that's 46. ...but he also has the Distant DEF 2 seal, so against Bow and Dagger users, it's a solid 50. Don't even get me started on defense tiles. And he's running Ignis. Might take longer to proc, but I'd hate to be the unlucky archer having to deal with a 40 damage special to the face.

10 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ah, I should have figured from your avatar. She looks really different in that pic though.

@MrSmokestack

It's definitely the lack of headgear. That stuff's important because hair looks completely different without it. Also makes Touhou characters easier to recognize.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

The range of the bow negates any advantage an opponent would have in physical strength in close combat.

Rather than "why do archers tend to be of frail build", think of it in the other direction: "If I were of frail build, what weapon would I use?"

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Rather than "why do archers tend to be of frail build", think of it in the other direction: "If I were of frail build, what weapon would I use?"

If I were of frail build, I wouldn’t have been able to pull the bowstring.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If I were of frail build, I wouldn’t have been able to pull the bowstring.

Use a bow with a lighter draw weight. You can make up for the loss of power by increasing the draw length.

That said, fantasy archers don't tend to ever look too frail to draw a bow in the first place. They only look frail because they're standing next to Bartre.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Use a bow with a lighter draw weight. You can make up for the loss of power by increasing the draw length.

That said, fantasy archers don't tend to ever look too frail to draw a bow in the first place. They only look frail because they're standing next to Bartre.

Looking at an archer next to a mage of the same gender and only one year junior, I have to say I agree.

13 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@Quintessence I disagree that Drive is the future

Because Goad Exist

Also Goad +Support + Hone + Spur is the real meta. Why settle for +4 when you can have +16

But goad is for non-infantry units, and drives are for infantry units, and there's not always the convenience of running these units due to their restrictions and weaknesses, specially outside of the Arena environment. (Also, I imagine manaketes will get Goad, Ward and +6/6 Hone. We still need Bantu, Nagi, Jahn, Myrhh and Tellius dragons)

The problem with spur skills is that it leaves units wide open against ranged enemies. Units like dancers, healers and whatnot are better off running drives because it makes runs more smooth and reliable. You can't imagine how effective Physic, the most overlooked and underrated staff, is with Drive skills.

Btw I wonder if maps will be arranged in the future, if they'll add gimmicks to them. Tiles with poison, lava, trap, panic, fear and/or slow effect. That'll impact the use of hones and forts.

13 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

But goad is for non-infantry units, and drives are for infantry units, and there's not always the convenience of running these units due to their restrictions and weaknesses, specially outside of the Arena environment. (Also, I imagine manaketes will get Goad, Ward and +6/6 Hone. We still need Bantu, Nagi, Jahn, Myrhh and Tellius dragons)

The problem with spur skills is that it leaves units wide open against ranged enemies. Units like dancers, healers and whatnot are better off running drives because it makes runs more smooth and reliable. You can't imagine how effective Physic, the most overlooked and underrated staff, is with Drive skills.

Btw I wonder if maps will be arranged in the future, if they'll add gimmicks to them. Tiles with poison, lava, trap, panic, fear and/or slow effect. That'll impact the use of hones and forts.

Spur part is a joke because we now had a Spur 3 SS more than anything else