Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Path of Radiance was $20 to $5 when I got it (Don't remember the price, but it was low like that). No understanding for why it's as high as it is now. It's literally $300 on Amazon. The same price as a current gen console. Unbelievable. Radiant Dawn is definitely cheaper, but still around $65-$70 and can hit the hundreds if you're trying to get it new. People are crazy.

I heard Lachesis is actually a sword unit so how they nerfed her sucks. Same for Lucius being a healer instead of a blue mage (Light Magic?... he used that BEFORE he could use staves though?). FE4 Gen 2 seems the most likely continuing with the theme. But otherwise FE5 is a good possibility and... eh... I may pull for Leif. FE10 seems the least likely, I would be surprised if we got that instead of a 4-5 banner. A 6-7 banner is just likely otherwise since we've already revisited 1,2,3,8 and 9.

Kind of want an FE4 Gen 2 banner just to save orbs more though. Pull one focus unit, stash it for the Tempest you know it going to follow the banner and save orbs for units I actually want. Because if the next banner is FE4 Gen 2, the one after is probably 5 or 10.

Wait, PoR is $300 on Amazon now? I'm especially glad I got it earlier this year for only $100 then!

In fairness, she does start out being able to use both swords and staves. But... her Strength growth is 50%, while her Magic growth is 5%. With a starting sword rank of A, and a starting staff rank of C. And almost all of her artwork depicts her with a sword. And she promotes into a horse unit that can use every single weapon in the game. So basically, I don't know who thought making her a healer was the most sensible choice. In some ways I don't mind Lucius being a healer, since he got the exact same treatment that Raven got. It just... worked out much better in Raven's case.

Pretty much any Thracia character would make me consider whaling, haha. Leif especially is my favorite lord in the series, so putting him on a banner would be almost cruel with how few orbs I have saved up. FE4 Gen 2 does have a good number of characters that I like, but I don't think I like any of them as much as I like most of the FE5 cast. Not counting the characters that appear in both, of course. Now I almost hope that Genny isn't on an upcoming banner, so I can save my orbs on the small chance that Thracia really is next...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

53 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

At least you have Arvis, now.

I know and he'll never love me... He's the best worst thing to happen to me. A pawn in the great scheme of things who did terrible things in a misguided hope they would bring about an idealized world... Great art and great voice, though. And faaaaaaabulous hair. :p

And now I wait for Lyon to grace my barracks. Eirika and Ephraim are waiting. Oh, and Valter and the guy who was formerly known as the Silver Knight, but has a Ruby Sword, so we call him Rubeseth.

46 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@Kaden It was eased as soon as I sent her home. 

Also red mages (other than Raigh, Sophia and a lone Tharja) didn't exist for me either until I built a Raven Sophia to take care of my troubles. Then Celica decided to show up, Arvis appeared and Lillina decided to break my summoning rate. Now I'm swimming in them. Go figure.

Well, at least she gets to go back to her family who are apparently her adopted family which still doesn't make any of the implied feelings for Raven any less weird.

I still only have Arvis, Henry, Raigh, Sophia, and Tharja who finally showed up as not -Atk or -Spd. I doubt ToD Nowi will show up given my luck. Meanwhile, blue mages where Olwen decided she was a focus unit on the first summoning session of the ToD banner and Tailtiu who decided she should show up after the Holy War banner ended. The only regular blue mage I'm missing is Delthea. I have every blue mage currently in the game, but Delthea and bride Caeda, summer F!Corrin, and bunny Lucina.

22 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Oh yeah, kept thinking about this, but I never posted it. The introduction of Urvan kind of throws a wrench into the works if Greil becomes playable.

If Urvan stays the same, then Greil would have a very good weapon at the cost of possibly becoming a discount BH Ike where he'd lack Beorc's Blessing and have lower BST for increased bulk or whatever along with lower arena scoring. If Urvan doesn't stay the same or Greil doesn't have it for whatever reason, then he could end up being screwed out of a good weapon. For example, if Greil's Urvan only had +3 Res like in PoR and RD.

Thing is that Greil's unused base stats kind of look like BH Ike's stat spread. 46 HP, 24 Str, 20 Spd, 24 Def, and 18 Res with average growths outside of skill being high and magic and resistance being low which makes sense since he's a hero. High attack, defense, and HP, okay speed, and all right resistance for a physical unit. Anyway, it doesn't seem to look so great for Greil.

Greil could have a similar stat spread without the BST bonus, but a more extreme case.

CYL Ike has 43/36/28/35/20

Greil could be 44/38/24/36/15

For me it's green mages not named Merric that I lacked.

I do have Nino and Cecilia, but as far as 5 star mages go I only promoted a +Spd Nino on 2nd account (waiting for +Spd Nino in main)

I would love to have any of Julia, Deirdre, Sonya, etc. Especially in the Reinhardt heavy ranks (right now I just use Hector who steal gets a bit of damage because of his lower Res stat).

If I ever get Henry, he would be perfect.

28 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Wait, PoR is $300 on Amazon now? I'm especially glad I got it earlier this year for only $100 then!

In fairness, she does start out being able to use both swords and staves. But... her Strength growth is 50%, while her Magic growth is 5%. With a starting sword rank of A, and a starting staff rank of C. And almost all of her artwork depicts her with a sword. And she promotes into a horse unit that can use every single weapon in the game. So basically, I don't know who thought making her a healer was the most sensible choice. In some ways I don't mind Lucius being a healer, since he got the exact same treatment that Raven got. It just... worked out much better in Raven's case.

Pretty much any Thracia character would make me consider whaling, haha. Leif especially is my favorite lord in the series, so putting him on a banner would be almost cruel with how few orbs I have saved up. FE4 Gen 2 does have a good number of characters that I like, but I don't think I like any of them as much as I like most of the FE5 cast. Not counting the characters that appear in both, of course. Now I almost hope that Genny isn't on an upcoming banner, so I can save my orbs on the small chance that Thracia really is next...

I would like to have Tanya in the game.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Most healers are...

Unless it’s Genny. Protect the sheep daughter.

I sure hope you’re enjoying your Arvis, then.

25 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Be me and play it on an emulator.

Better quality graphics, cheaper, and you don’t need to worry about getting a scratched disc that’ll become worthless after a few hours of play.

@Othin would be a nice touch, alongside Dagda, Tanya, ASVEL, and Saias as far as Thracia goes, for me. But I won’t whale ever again until the day Keaton gets added, if it ever comes.

5 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I would like to have Tanya in the game.

Agreed 110%. Although, if she gets the same treatment that Rebecca got... I would cry. Very much.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Though I've never played Thracia (nor do I want to), I'd love to see how. . .wrong Ronan would be.  Just for giggles.

Give him the same Atk growth that Arden has for his Res, and the same Res growth that Arden has for his HP, and he would be emulated perfectly. His Glacies would be a nightmare, though.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Better quality graphics, cheaper, and you don’t need to worry about getting a scratched disc that’ll become worthless after a few hours of play.

@Othin would be a nice touch, alongside Dagda, Tanya, ASVEL, and Saias as far as Thracia goes, for me. But I won’t whale ever again until the day Keaton gets added, if it ever comes.

I would've, but I like to have the physical copy of a game when I can. It's why I have a cartridge of Gaiden in a drawer somewhere, just kinda... sitting. Although I did use an emulator for a few games, including FE5, because I didn't want to play it without savestates because I'm weak and scared a translation for the menus. Though, I just started replaying it without savestates, and Brighton has gained 2 points of Movement by the end of Chapter 4x, so maybe I shouldn't have been too scared.

Orsin is an absolute must, without a doubt. I'd like all the others too, but I'm frankly appalled that you didn't even mention Marty. How can you even think of adding Dagdar without Marty?!?! Also Eda and Dean, but I think those might just be personal favorites and not actually popular. 

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

That’s what I did. Maybe I shouldn’t have, otherwise all the hype for Ike that’s everywhere wouldn’t have backlashed as hard.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Though I've never played Thracia (nor do I want to)…

I do want to play Thracia eventually. I’m still naïvely waiting for the Project Naga translation.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Agreed 110%. Although, if she gets the same treatment that Rebecca got... I would cry. Very much.

Stat wise that is unlikeable... the last time we get a stat distribution so... so dissapointing was in the Alm's banner.

Or are you talking about her art?... Rebecca's problem is her portrait, her other pictures are fine :P

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Also Eda and Dean, but I think those might just be personal favorites and not actually popular. 

If talking Dean, you also need Linoan.

Thanks to the relatively limited acope of the game, almost ever character is somehow connected to any other.

Cartridge of Gaiden

You’re wierd

I emulate whenever possible. Lots of older games I’d love to play are more often than not going to be found in, well, not new condition. Because of that, I find emulation more reliable and more convenient to use. There have been a few times where I’ve emulated a game, loved it, and sought a physical copy out of respect for the developer, though.

I'd like all the others too, but I'm frankly appalled that you didn't even mention Marty. How can you even think of adding Dagdar without Marty?!?!

I like to imagine Marty being a joek TT reward like Arden was, with utterly lopsided base stats featuring single-digit Spd and Res to go along with his 80 HP / 40 Atk / 35 Def. So bad it might actually be good.

It’s going to be hard having a character like that better than Arden, though, in all seriousness.

8 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Stat wise that is unlikeable... the last time we get a stat distribution so... so dissapointing was in the Alm's banner.

Or are you talking about her art?... Rebecca's problem is her portrait, her other pictures are fine :P

Mostly her stats, yeah. Rebecca's stats aren't awful, but she doesn't really excel at anything that I know of either. I don't mind Rebecca's art for the most part, but her face in her default picture looks weird to me. The rest are fine in my opinion, though.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If talking Dean, you also need Linoan.

Thanks to the relatively limited acope of the game, almost ever character is somehow connected to any other.

Honestly, I completely forgot about Linoan. I'm not a huge fan of her, especially not compared to her two dragon friends. She would make sense for a banner though, unfortunately more than Eda probably would.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You’re wierd

I emulate whenever possible. Lots of older games I’d love to play are more often than not going to be found in, well, not new condition. Because of that, I find emulation more reliable and more convenient to use. There have been a few times where I’ve emulated a game, loved it, and sought a physical copy out of respect for the developer, though.

I like to imagine Marty being a joek TT reward like Arden was, with utterly lopsided base stats featuring single-digit Spd and Res to go along with his 80 HP / 40 Atk / 35 Def. So bad it might actually be good.

It’s going to be hard having a character like that better than Arden, though, in all seriousness.

Still cheaper than PoR or RD.

I don't have a problem with emulation, but I like to play on actual hardware when I can. I even bought a Super Famicom just so I could play FE4 both of which where still cheaper than PoR. I didn't even end up liking PoR as much as FE4. I now have more Super Famicom games than I have SNES games, which feels kinda weird, haha. It's certainly more reliable to emulate, though.

Minus the armor stat bonuses, Arden's stats were exactly what I predicted Marty's would be a while ago. Which makes me worried for what Marty's fate will be if/when he is added.

Do I need to bring back the avatar again?

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Greil could have a similar stat spread without the BST bonus, but a more extreme case.

CYL Ike has 43/36/28/35/20

Greil could be 44/38/24/36/15

I was thinking of 44/32/24/34/24 or 46/32/24/34/22. While battleaxes would likely be used with two hands, the fact Greil cut his dominant arm's tendon and Greil being older -- not in his prime -- makes me feel like his attack shouldn't be high. Also, 38 base attack would make him the first infantry unit to have more than 37 attack which surpasses Chrom.

The stat spread idea itself comes from Urvan's original effect and trying to do something different for Greil where he's a tougher overall tank at the cost of being a weaker enemy phase unit and not having access to Beorc's Blessing.

12 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I sure hope you’re enjoying your Arvis, then.

Yeah, pretty much, but then the novelty of not being royally screwed against green mages with high defense, but low resistance died off pretty quickly. Still my best defensive red mage, but Sophia could have worked if I had built her and if more Henrys showed up. Also, I love his "Hellfire upon you!" special quote. Now all I need are more offensive red mages since Tharja can only do so much, especially in arena assault and squad assault where you can only use her once.

I've been having a lot of fun with Arden. He's so dumb. Follow-up Ring letting him double at >50% HP, his freaking physical bulk, and playing around with the Guidance seal to drop him off in places where he would take longer to get. Literally strong and tough. Still deciding whether or not to give him Ignis from the few Henrys and F!Robins I have.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Mostly her stats, yeah. Rebecca's stats aren't awful, but she doesn't really excel at anything that I know of either. I don't mind Rebecca's art for the most part, but her face in her default picture looks weird to me. The rest are fine in my opinion, though.

Even the "secondary" characters in the recent pulls have a good spread. (Seth is like a bulkier Cain or an actual useful Stahl; Oscar is actually the best offensive cavalier, and Tailtu has a spread like Nino's).... So, I don't think we should fear.

As great as flower Marty would be,  I wouldn’t mind if you never changed your profile again. Cipher Tanya is wonderful~

Would you mind if I never changed my userpic again?

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

I was thinking of 44/32/24/34/24 or 46/32/24/34/22. While battleaxes would likely be used with two hands, the fact Greil cut his dominant arm's tendon and Greil being older -- not in his prime -- makes me feel like his attack shouldn't be high. Also, 38 base attack would make him the first infantry unit to have more than 37 attack which surpasses Chrom.

The stat spread idea itself comes from Urvan's original effect and trying to do something different for Greil where he's a tougher overall tank at the cost of being a weaker enemy phase unit and not having access to Beorc's Blessing.

Yeah, pretty much, but then the novelty of not being royally screwed against green mages with high defense, but low resistance died off pretty quickly. Still my best defensive red mage, but Sophia could have worked if I had built her and if more Henrys showed up. Also, I love his "Hellfire upon you!" special quote. Now all I need are more offensive red mages since Tharja can only do so much, especially in arena assault and squad assault where you can only use her once.

I've been having a lot of fun with Arden. He's so dumb. Follow-up Ring letting him double at >50% HP, his freaking physical bulk, and playing around with the Guidance seal to drop him off in places where he would take longer to get. Literally strong and tough. Still deciding whether or not to give him Ignis from the few Henrys and F!Robins I have.

Giving Greil inferior stats in everything except HP and Res would seal the deal for him as a weaker version of Ike that wouldn't have a niche over his son.

The tendons he slashed dealt more with finesse than raw power.  Most of that comes from the proximal muscles, which is why he switched to an Axe.  He still wouldn't have a personal skill, so having more raw Atk wouldn't be too much power creep.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Would you mind if I never changed my userpic again

I’d actually like to see you bring back your old profile pic. Like from way, way back in February. It was a black cat with some kind of garb on?

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

I’d actually like to see you bring back your old profile pic. Like from way, way back in February. It was a black cat with some kind of garb on?

Which one of mine was your favorite?

4 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Even the "secondary" characters in the recent pulls have a good spread. (Seth is like a bulkier Cain or an actual useful Stahl; Oscar is actually the best offensive cavalier, and Tailtu has a spread like Nino's).... So, I don't think we should fear.

True, I think they've finally learned to not give the less interesting characters disappointing stats as well. Shame that characters like Rebecca, Lucius, and Lachesis had to be sacrificed before they learned, though.

As great as flower Marty would be,  I wouldn’t mind if you never changed your profile again. Cipher Tanya is wonderful~

I'm glad that you agree. I had completely forgotten about the Thracia Cipher cards, and I just had to switch it to Tanya as soon as I found out. Plus Tanya has been doing weirdly well with level ups in my current Thracia playthrough, so this is a bit of a tribute to that as well.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

I don’t usually like to repeat userpics, but I can make an exception. Let me look for it.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The sunglasses Titania of your drawing, of course!

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

MS Paint Titania with shades.

Why am I suddenly a profile connoisseur

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t usually like to repeat userpics, but I can make an exception. Let me look for it.

Guess I’m changing mine back to Hector then. It’s getting late though so I’ll do it later.

EDIT: Nevermind found it.

YESS THE CAT IS BACK

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

MS Paint Titania with shades.

Why am I suddenly a profile connoisseur

Guess I’m changing mine back to Hector then. It’s getting late though so I’ll do it later.

That one does seem to be a favorite.  When I'm ready to switch again, I'll have to bring her out again.

I think I was typecast as Titania somewhere along the line.