Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Exactly :p

Don't forget to have pictures of Nowi, too. It helps focus the energies so you don't get one of the others by mistake.

Already got off-focus-Karel and -Celica, perhaps that was my error. Pictures of Nowi around would bring me in RL trouble though ... 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Red is my color currently, pulling for Nowi (without success so far). One of the most interesting pulls has been blue though, I got a 4* Tailtiu ( @DefaultBeep)and wanted to promote her directly to 5*, to use her in the last few days of TTs. But then I checked her nature: +HP-SPD *sigh* ... Drive SPD fodder ... 

I wouldn't mind some Roys or Hinatas, but this Lon'qu is stalking me recently. I kept 10 copies but the rest went home directly. 

Aw man, -Spd is rough. Although she's actually pretty close to mine, who has +HP/-Res. At least the Tempest bonuses can patch her up a bit for now, and then she can be foddered off while waiting for a better nature.

Besides Young Tiki, the only things I pulled last night were a 4-star Lon'qu, a 3-star Hinata, and a 3-star Hana. The holy trinity of 3/4-star infantry sword fodder. At this point, I almost would rather have some Roys over Katarina, just because of how many people need TA3 right now.

47 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Still he needs support, which shouldn't be necessary for S+. Scoring isn't ideal as he doesn't have a legendary weapon, follow up ring has low SP cost and only +1 merge possible.

Fair point on the limited number of merges, although it depends when it comes to evaluating a unit’s need for support. While support shouldn’t be needed, it doesn’t necessarily mean it should not be allowed. Teambuilding is important after all, and it isn’t like Arden is suddenly gimped without armor buffs; he’ll still quad and KO things about the same with a Brave build, and still bulk physical hits on enemy phase and bite back with a Slaying Edge build. Armor March just makes moving him around easier.

Why are you even using Arden if it’s not with Pursuit Ring

That said, it’s possible that armors in general aren’t suitable for S because their movement keeps them from being able to do as much as cavalry, for instance.

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Giving Greil inferior stats in everything except HP and Res would seal the deal for him as a weaker version of Ike that wouldn't have a niche over his son.

The tendons he slashed dealt more with finesse than raw power.  Most of that comes from the proximal muscles, which is why he switched to an Axe.  He still wouldn't have a personal skill, so having more raw Atk wouldn't be too much power creep.

I went off of his base stats in PoR and tried to incorporate Urvan's original effect of +3 Res to kind of make him a better mage tank than BH Ike. Greil is just in a really rough spot compared to any of the other unit who share legendary weapons when his son not only has higher BST, but also a personal skill. Going off of his PoR base stats makes it even rougher since it's basically BH Ike's stats. Going with my idea of Greil having higher resistance is also bad when BH Ike negates cavalry and flier buffs to prevent him from being one-shotted by their -blade mages let alone mitigating even more magical damage he sustains.

As for Greil's attack, I'm still going that with Greil not in his prime and because of his slashed tendons, it would just be weird for him to have higher attack than his son and the Black Knight. Or Chrom or Hector for that matter where both are still young and Hector also uses a heavy weapon with one hand. For his tendons, I don't know much about anatomy, but I would assume that Greil slashing his dominant arm's tendons would affect both dexterity and strength. Greil would still be a capable fighter given his training and years of experience, but he's probably going to be weaker than he was with any weapon using one or two hands.

Also, I'm capping any infantry unit idea to 37 attack, Chrom's attack, until the developers reveal an infantry unit with +38 attack. Same with any of the other units like fliers being capped to 38 and knights to 40, since +37 attack is really good which also makes me cap any unit to having ~70 total offenses to prevent stuff like 39/36 neutral offenses. It might happen eventually, but I doubt it.

Considering that, I feel like Greil should at most equal Ike's attack not surpass his. At the same time, I feel like ~33 attack might make more sense for Greil than ~36.

For his stats, if Greil could have any kind of stat spread, it should be not be a slow, bulky stat spread like BH Ike's. BH Ike has so many advantages to make it work that giving Greil similar stats would just screw Greil over. The simplest one is to just drop BH Ike's speed by 4 and you'd have a 158 BST spread of 43/36/24/35/20 which BH Ike could have had and worked fine with.

Greil might have better luck if he ends up like an average mercenary with all-around stats except for resistance. So, something like Alm, Barst, Minerva/Saber, or regular Ike's. Even Ogma's could work since he'd have an absurd health pool to avoid getting one-shotted, especially physically and high speed to avoid doubles.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

[...]

That said, it’s possible that armors in general aren’t suitable for S because their movement keeps them from being able to do as much as cavalry, for instance.

Yep that's what I meant. 

Perhaps I'll use him with Amelia tomorrow for some last TT hours. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

@DefaultBeep I promoted her, so no foddering anymore. She is doing well so far in TT. Also a plus that I didn't have infantry Blarblade mage (apart from Odin) until now. 

Oh hey, that works too :P Same, she was my first actually good -blade mage, which made me happy to get neutral offenses at least. Although I did give a -blade tome (not +) to Mae, but her Spd isn't exactly good, and that Mae is -Atk, so... Hooray for Tailtiu! I'll definitely be promoting and merging another of her if I ever get her with +Spd.

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh hey, that works too :P Same, she was my first actually good -blade mage, which made me happy to get neutral offenses at least. Although I did give a -blade tome (not +) to Mae, but her Spd isn't exactly good, and that Mae is -Atk, so... Hooray for Tailtiu! I'll definitely be promoting and merging another of her if I ever get her with +Spd.

Well, I'm running Corrin (-ATK), Camilla (+SPD), Ursula and Cecilia (4*) with Blade tomes. But only Camilla is fully built. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

Well, I'm running Corrin (-ATK), Camilla (+SPD), Ursula and Cecilia (4*) with Blade tomes. But only Camilla is fully built. 

Oh, if we're counting non-blue tome users, then I have a +Atk/-Spd Lilina with a blade+. Purely out of spite for the two 5-star Tharjas that have ruined my pity rates; the second is saved for Katarina. I had a 5-star Nino too, but then I found out that she was +Res/-Spd, so I gave her -blade+ to Soren, thoguh he's still waiting for a better nature before being promoted. And there's a 4-star +Spd/-Res Nino that I'll promote eventually. That's all I have right now.

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh, if we're counting non-blue tome users, then I have a +Atk/-Spd Lilina with a blade+. Purely out of spite for the two 5-star Tharjas that have ruined my pity rates; the second is saved for Katarina. I had a 5-star Nino too, but then I found out that she was +Res/-Spd, so I gave her -blade+ to Soren, thoguh he's still waiting for a better nature before being promoted. And there's a 4-star +Spd/-Res Nino that I'll promote eventually. That's all I have right now.

Totally forgot about my +SPD Nino who carried me over a big part of this games lifespan ... Absolutely worth the promotion if not some merges. 

I gave my +ATK Lilina some 4* merges, Gronwolf and Axebreaker to have a niche in AA. Tharjas are booked for faster mages. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Already got off-focus-Karel and -Celica, perhaps that was my error. Pictures of Nowi around would bring me in RL trouble though ... 

Only if they're nsfw. Or you can use a dragon plush, witch's hat/broom, and a  DnD book as focal points?

11 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Only if they're nsfw. Or you can use a dragon plush, witch's hat/broom, and a  DnD book as focal points?

I'd be less concerned for my office than for my home place. Nudity isn't an issue, but people are sensible of Loli stuff. 

The other stuff will do ;-) 

What has happened in 5 pages? Greil talk?

My free summon on Ladies banner was a dupe Julia (+res -hp) and Seliph on the Gents banner. Currently rigging for an extra Karel, I want to build him with Brash Assault Seal, Fury and Moonbow.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

What has happened in 5 pages? Greil talk?

A bit of Greil talk, and a lot of pleasant surprise for the new banners. I think those are the two main highlights.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I'd be less concerned for my office than for my home place. Nudity isn't an issue, but people are sensible of Loli stuff. 

The other stuff will do ;-) 

Fair enough. I was never into the loli/shouta stuff, so...*shrug* it doesn't bother me that much unless it's genuinely inappropriate. Aesthetics and sheer adorableness that is WitchyNowi is the exception. Though, I think it would've been cool if they put in Scarecrow!Donnel. Would've totally gone with the them as well. Maybe next year?

5 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Fair enough. I was never into the loli/shouta stuff, so...*shrug* it doesn't bother me that much unless it's genuinely inappropriate. Aesthetics and sheer adorableness that is WitchyNowi is the exception. Though, I think it would've been cool if they put in Scarecrow!Donnel. Would've totally gone with the them as well. Maybe next year?

I like Nowis sprite. It's cute and better than those of Camilla and Corrin, the other flying mages. 

Guess there are many characters who would have been great on a Halloween banner (headless Cav, mummy Hector, vampire Nino etc). 

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I misread “highlights” as “thighhighs” and was confused for a minute.

If there's one thing that I remember about Greil, it's how well his design accentuates his beautifully sculpted thighs. It's no wonder that Ike can't compare to his father.

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Ishtar grand hero battle. I need my goddess of thunder and thighs, and I need her yesterday.

Only if she slaps her legs together to make thunderbolts. Now thats tasteless fanservice.

54 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I misread “highlights” as “thighhighs” and was confused for a minute.

You were supposed to read it as "highthighs", the new way of going "oh yeah" with people. Beats the high five. 

54 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

If there's one thing that I remember about Greil, it's how well his design accentuates his beautifully sculpted thighs. It's no wonder that Ike can't compare to his father.

Let's see...

Spoiler

Greil.jpg

I think you're right. Ike's thighs aren't even worth mentioning. He is not his father's son in this regard at all. 

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The thighlight of this thread.

You now have permission to disown me.

The power of pun-suit.

I’m bad at puns.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Only if she slaps her legs together to make thunderbolts. Now thats tasteless fanservice.

You were supposed to read it as "highthighs", the new way of going "oh yeah" with people. 

Tasteless fanservice is tasteless and inferior to tasteful fanservice.

I am a cat that walks by himself, your rules are not my rules.

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

There is fanart of Ike's thighs... It happened after a battle against someone with noticeable thighs, well, one of two people who noticeable thighs. :p