Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Oh yeah i forgot those two are siblings because i mainly remember Julian as Lenas relation dynamic lol

I like Ryan :(

I prefer to forget about Matthis when I can, so I don't blame you. But don't ask me how I remembered Caesar's sister immediately, but had to look on the wiki to remember Ryan.

Out of curiosity, why do you like Ryan? Perhaps seeing a second opinion will persuade me to like him more.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Oh yeah i forgot those two are siblings because i mainly remember Julian as Lenas relation dynamic lol

I like Ryan :(

I prefer to forget about Matthis when I can, so I don't blame you. But don't ask me how I remembered Caesar's sister immediately, but had to look on the wiki to remember Ryan.

Out of curiosity, why do you like Ryan? Perhaps seeing a second opinion will persuade me to like him more.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

By the way, has anyone done RavenxSelena in Heroes? The edgelord redhead mercenary and the angry redhead mercenary. 

Sounds like an idea if I used those two more.

Speaking of supports, I suddenly had one fabulous wedding during TT:

Spoiler

tumblr_oyrz2pcCtO1qcrdmuo1_540.png

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Sounds like an idea if I used those two more.

Speaking of supports, I suddenly had one fabulous wedding during TT:

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_oyrz2pcCtO1qcrdmuo1_540.png

"Maybe this time, my relationship choices won't cause a chain reaction that almost leads to the annihilation of my homeland by an evil dragon that possesses my child." 

- Arvis, giving his wedding vows.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

I actually remembered Matthis a lot because hes a pretty good unit lol i just forgot hes Lenas Big bro

Ryan is mostly gameplay oriented but i actually like his character type a lot. Kind of the same why i like Felicia and Sumia honestly. 

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Kind of the same why i like Felicia and Sumia honestly. 

I like Sumia not because she’s cute and clumsy. I like Sumia because she’s cute and good with animals.

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I actually remembered Matthis a lot because hes a pretty good unit lol i just forgot hes Lenas Big bro

Ryan is mostly gameplay oriented but i actually like his character type a lot. Kind of the same why i like Felicia and Sumia honestly. 

That's fair. He's probably my least favorite Archanea cavalier in terms of personality, but I won't defend or oppose his gameplay potential.

Hm, interesting. I don't like Sumia either, but I do like Felicia, at least. I just don't like how Ryan basically takes Gordin's gimmick (short and inexperienced), and just does it again, but shorter and more inexperienced. Although the only Archanea archer I would actually say that I like a lot is probably Jeorge, so make of that what you will. Also Clarisse if she counts. And the Wolfguard bow users. And maybe Tomas if I ever bothered to use him and find out what his supports are like.

11 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

That's fair. He's probably my least favorite Archanea cavalier in terms of personality, but I won't defend or oppose his gameplay potential.

Hm, interesting. I don't like Sumia either, but I do like Felicia, at least. I just don't like how Ryan basically takes Gordin's gimmick (short and inexperienced), and just does it again, but shorter and more inexperienced. Although the only Archanea archer I would actually say that I like a lot is probably Jeorge, so make of that what you will. Also Clarisse if she counts. And the Wolfguard bow users. And maybe Tomas if I ever bothered to use him and find out what his supports are like.

Tomas is completely and utterly off his rocker, in a good way.  Give him a whirl, just because it's funny.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I like Sumia not because she’s cute and clumsy. I like Sumia because she’s cute and good with animals.

Eh i honestly didnt find her "cute" mostly because i kinda slap cute and attractive into one most of the time wrt female characters, as shallow as that might be

I mean like its easier for me to say Gonzalez is cute than it is for me to say Nino is cute

The main attraction on her character is basically the concept of an insecure character who tried their best - Sumia and Cordelia A support being a high mark of her character for me. 

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

In fairness Jeorge is the few Archanean who actually have a defined personality and expanded background so i can see that

I honestly kinda like recycled premise sometimes mainly because it gives an extra depth to the previous character. Granted sometimes its urgh but Odin and Ophelia support(on Odin side) is an example of it

19 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Tomas is completely and utterly off his rocker, in a good way.  Give him a whirl, just because it's funny.

That sounds... intriguing. I'll have to finally try him out next time I play the Archanea games.

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Gonzalez is cute

Agreed 110%.

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

In fairness Jeorge is the few Archanean who actually have a defined personality and expanded background so i can see that

I honestly kinda like recycled premise sometimes mainly because it gives an extra depth to the previous character. Granted sometimes its urgh but Odin and Ophelia support(on Odin side) is an example of it

Yeah, it's probably a bit unfair to compare some of the other Archanean archers to Jeorge, considering he actually has story presence and multiple support conversations.

It can work, for sure. I agree that Odin and Ophelia were one of the better cases of it. I think the problem I have with Ryan is mostly that he's just a more child-like version of a character that I like more than him, since I don't really care for most child characters. The young twins that you mentioned earlier that I can't remember the names of so please forgive me are an example of child characters that I don't care for in the slightest; I used them in one playthrough of NM to unlock their support conversations (that I can't even read because I can't read Japanese but whatever), and I will happily ignore them every other time that I play now.

12 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Eh i honestly didnt find her "cute" mostly because i kinda slap cute and attractive into one most of the time wrt female characters, as shallow as that might be

One can be attractive without being cute. For instance, I wouldn’t call Ayra cute, but she definitely is beautiful.

WTF kind of voting gauntlet is this :|

At least the Hoshidans get to be in a gauntlet without any Nohrians this time.

Edited by Sunwoo

PFFFFFFFT

"Short-Haired Ladies"

Not at all what I expected to see when I opened Heroes.

Plus the Long-Haired Gents too.

Amazing.

At least Katarina is finally on a banner again. And in the most hilarious way too, haha.

Edit: WHAT THE HECK

WHY WAS MY FREE PULL YOUNG TIKI??????

You're one voting gauntlet too late, young lady!

Edited by DefaultBeep

Well...This happened. What a strange VG theme this is.

I'll go Shanna, Soren/Hinoka and then whoever because those 3 are the only ones I have. 

Edit: I wonder how much salt this VG is going to generate, after all the most popular ones here seem to be Ryoma/Hinoka followed by Soren and then the rest.

Edited by Alexmender

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

One can be attractive without being cute. For instance, I wouldn’t call Ayra cute, but she definitely is beautiful.

Wrt Sumia i mainly said that because i dont find her cute or attractive despite liking her as a character. I think the way i said that before is pretty bad 

In a sense lets put it this way - when i saw a female character my primary direction is to see whether or not they are attractive so the concept of cuteness is harder to see on them 

For instance its easier for me to see why Gonzalez is cute than it is for Lilina/Nino/Rebecca. Mind some i do find some female characters cute. Shanna, Julia, and Est are cute. I dont find any of the previous example to be cute - Lilina is attractive. Nino and Rebecca is neutral

Granted thats a rather lopsided example since Gonzalez is a character that is specifically written to be cute but provided you write 2 character, that is exactly the same besides their gender i would call the male cute earlier than it is for female

Well, looks like those who wanted Soren in the VG last time gets to back him up this time.

What a weird banner haha. Sadly no Ryoma or Katarina from pulls, but at least I have another Hinata!

As for who to back hmm....I guess I'll go Hinoka in the end, but for Rouns 1 go to Amelia and Karel because I got them last month. Also looks that Karel pitybreaker will be useful after all and needs training tomorrow!

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Well, looks like those who wanted Soren in the VG last time gets to back him up this time.

What a weird banner haha. Sadly no Ryoma or Katarina from pulls, but at least I have another Hinata!

As for who to back hmm....I guess I'll go Hinoka in the end, but for Rouns 1 go to Amelia and Karel because I got them last month. Also looks that Karel pitybreaker will be useful after all and needs training tomorrow!

Same, I got a Hinata from the girls!

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Same, I got a Hinata from the girls!

yeah he was my free pull for the girls.

Then I picked the other red orb and it was a 3 star Hana- completely identical to my first summon session for the Ayra banner (except the Hinata was 4 star)