Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

That last one really annoys me. He cares about meeting Sigurd's son but not one mention of his own? 

But there's the point. She wasn't his mum - not that one. That Olivia most likely hasn't even had any children yet. She's just a copy of his real mother. It's really sad, if you think too much about it :( 

...Well, I think it is, anyway. He must be reminded of his real mother constantly whenever he's near her. 

I don't remember FE4 continuity, but is his son older or younger than Seliph?  He might not be born yet.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I don't remember FE4 continuity, but is his son older or younger than Seliph?  He might not be born yet.

Seliph was born before C3, and Ares must have been born by that time too: he certainly wasn’t posthumous.

I’d guess they are of roughly the same age, or Ares is a bit older.

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Since he mentions riding out to die in Heroes, I was always guessing Ares had to have been born by then, since there's a picture of Eldigan and Ares where Ares is looking like a small child rather than a baby. Of course, the picture might not be canon. I think it's from one of the artbooks. I'm just trying to remember if he mentions Ares in any of his ingame dialogue during FE4. It's been a while. 

Edited by Cute Chao

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm just trying to remember if he mentions Ares in any of his ingame dialogue during FE4. It's been a while. 

I don’t think he does.

For what it’s worth, Genealogy could use more dialogue. Inevitable remake, I put my hopes in thee.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t think he does.

For what it’s worth, Genealogy could use more dialogue. Inevitable remake, I put my hopes in thee.

FE4 is my least favourite Fire Emblem game, but I really like some of the characters in it, so I do look forward to a remake. I'd definitely hope for more dialogue - and hope even more that it leads to a more dialogue heavy Thracia (seriously, Kein, Robert and Alba need lines already!) 

Edited by Cute Chao

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

@Vaximillian @Cute Chao I could forgive the minimalistic dialogue, but I would be happy if they made the interface and quality of life additions from FE6 onward part of FE4.

In the very least, I would want support conversations. SD's remake was the biggest disappointment for me, personally, since there were no supports. The disappointments continued with NMotE when I learnt just how sparse the supports are and that Cain and Abel didn't even get one v.v 

Supports and recruiting unique characters are what drew me to this series initially. I wish there were more strange recruitments that require you to speak to someone with a specific character or do a specific thing in later games. 

I definitely hope they change the items/trading mechanic... I'm not as hopeful for the boring maps, though. 

@Rezzy @Cute Chao: I might be the only one weirdo who enjoys Genealogy’s systems being different to the “mainstream”. They sure need to be polished: like giving us an actual confirm marriage button, numerical rebalancing of everything, allowing to buy even unusable weapons.

But the core mechanics: expansive maps, inventory and cash management, love and inheritance, and so on, should be kept intact.

I like mostly everything in FE4, but it could really use some streamlining. Faster animations alone would be a huge help in making the game feel less long-winded. Less general clunkiness, more fleshing out for the characters, and a fresh coat of paint would all help to make Genealogy a more inviting title for sure.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Rezzy @Cute Chao: I might be the only one weirdo who enjoys Genealogy’s systems being different to the “mainstream”. They sure need to be polished: like giving us an actual confirm marriage button, numerical rebalancing of everything, allowing to buy even unusable weapons.

But the core mechanics: expansive maps, inventory and cash management, love and inheritance, and so on, should be kept intact.

The inventory system makes no sense.

Friend: Hey, Rachel, could I borrow your Star Trek DVDs?

Me: Sure, let me drop them off at the pawn shop so you can buy them from them.

Friend: Can't you just hand them to me?

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The inventory system makes no sense.

It makes sense when you couple it with freely repairable one-of-a-kind weapons and separate cash reserves. Either you use an item on the one who puts it to the best use or invest in someone else.

If you take out one of these things, everything else falls apart. And thieves.

So Double SP/EXP week starts with the legendary banner. The influx of 5 stars I'll need to raise will cut into my stamina supply for TT. But the good news is I'll be able to grind red and blue badges while remaining productive in the training tower. Now I really hope I can get my hands on Spring Xander.

5* Alfonse with Brave Sword+, Drag Back, and Draconic Aura had a rather easy time with the 10th stratum and lv. 40 kills quests thanks to being backed up by dancers (used Olivia, PA Azura, and Ninian). Reshuffling Training Tower enemies really helps!

No Quests with Alfonse Log in bonus? No Special Maps? This is outrageous. Where's the Feedback button? Alfonse is a main character. They can't just forget about him in favor of the next set of thighs two days from now.

Does being the sword lord of a game mean nothing anymore?

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Fifteen max-level enemies with Alfonse. For an orb. It’s cruel.

My lv 40 4* Alfonse with Axebreaker as his only SI and no seal managed it within the 5 runs of tenth stratum with a healer, summer Tiki, and Klein as support. Just keep re-rolling for axes.

27 minutes ago, Florete said:

My lv 40 4* Alfonse with Axebreaker as his only SI and no seal managed it within the 5 runs of tenth stratum with a healer, summer Tiki, and Klein as support. Just keep re-rolling for axes.

Axebreaker is a huge difference indeed, and reroll button is our star and saviour.

Too bad axes are so rare for me. Five lances? Easy. Even two axes? Lol no.

Still, all quests done.

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

My latest survey got me to $9.96.

The ten-orb pack costs $9.99.

...Australia doesn't even have pennies.

Survey?

Also your Australian, too? Neat!

Also good thing Alfonse is an arena bonus unit so I don't have to wait for stamina and roll for the Tenth Stratum. I've got like 300 Arena Crests anyway, and Hardy Bearing Alfonse loves eating Vantage Hectors for breakfast (or BKs since he has Swordbreaker).

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Survey?

Also your Australian, too? Neat!

Also good thing Alfonse is an arena bonus unit so I don't have to wait for stamina and roll for the Tenth Stratum. I've got like 300 Arena Crests anyway, and Hardy Bearing Alfonse loves eating Vantage Hectors for breakfast (or BKs since he has Swordbreaker).

Google Opinion Rewards. I'm mostly just trying to use the money left over from when I got Tana (gift cards come in the same sizes as bills, and the best orb pack for a $50 is $41).

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Wasnt Elto married before Sig even met Deid

@Vaximillian nah lack of trading definitely made zero sense. The only thing i could defend out of it is the tight weapon rank system. In a sense that trading would streamline inheritance and basically break the what little balance it ever had

Basically the only reason trading doesnt exist in fe4 is because the game balance is terrible even by Kaga standard

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner