Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm still missing (regular) Azura, (regular) Elise and Takumi on my end. It continues to pain me that I don't have either of the first two while the third can go rot in some random gutter for all I care, so long it's nowhere near my barracks.

When I did get my Leo, he also helped to ease the pain that damn Bride!Lyn caused me on on Bridal Blessings. I'll be longing for death after I end up with like at least three Brave!Lyns and not a single Bridelia by the end of the super banner.

I, ah... I actually got two off-focus regular Azuras. Somehow. I also got Male Corrin; if Female Corrin was available at 5-stars off-focus, then I'm sure I would've pulled her by now as well. Otherwise, the only one I haven't gotten at 5-stars is Sakura, though I've had her at 4-stars a few times. I wanted to fodder off Takumi to Merric or somebody once he maxed his HM, but as soon as he hit 2,000, they raised the HM limit to 3,000. I haven't used him since.

Heh, and that's why I didn't want to pull blues back on the Bridal banner. I wanted Bride Caeda most by far, but I wanted Charlotte the least by an even greater margin, so I just avoided that chance of disappointment. Now I just have to worry about... Xander... Hooray...?

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I, ah... I actually got two off-focus regular Azuras.

My poor Ninian being all overworked because Azura had been lazying around somewhere in a lake for ten months :(

(technically less, as there wasn’t Ninian on release)

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My poor Ninian being all overworked because Azura had been lazying around somewhere in a lake for ten months :(

(technically less, as there wasn’t Ninian on release)

Oh, I never even got Azura at all for a while. It wasn't until the Ylissean Summer banner, if I remember right. She's been pretty much benched outside of Tempest backup teams though, since Ninian has bias on her side. Not my favorite dancer, but Phina isn't in the game yet, so Ninian is an okay runner-up until that day comes.

24 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Not my favorite dancer, but Phina isn't in the game yet, so Ninian is an okay runner-up until that day comes.

Phina with a double-effective noble rapier when?

I wonder how they can make other dancers (Silvia, Lene, Laylea, Lara, Larum, Tethys, Reyson, Leanne, Rafiel) distinct enough to matter.

> EDIT: and Nils! I always forget the brat. <
> EDIT#2: And Elffin too. <

Also there are too many refreshers whose names start with L.

@Coolmanio: If it’s not in the general pool, it doesn’t count.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder how they can make other dancers (Silvia, Lene, Laylea, Lara, Larum, Tethys, Reyson, Lianne, Rafiel) distinct enough to matter.

@Coolmanio: If it’s not in the general pool, it doesn’t count.

Tethys can be a red mage as a callback to her brother Ewan?

Or red at least. Sword is fine, since we only Olivia right now.

@tobuShogi Oh for the MIchalis quests. That's neat.

Wait, is Alfonse normally too slow to double Michalis? I know Michalis himself isn't very fast, but just wanted to verify the doubling was because of Axebreaker

Also, yeah regular Azura is a myth for me.

56 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Today I learned that a -breaker skill still grants you a follow up even if the opponent doesn't have a weapon of that type equipped.

Weapon type is linked to the character and not the weapon skill. This is why the weapon triangle also still applies when one combatant has no weapon.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also, yeah regular Azura is a myth for me.

To be fair, her Fates character ending doubts that she ever existed.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder how they can make other dancers (Silvia, Lene, Laylea, Lara, Larum, Tethys, Reyson, Lianne, Rafiel) distinct enough to matter.

One, FE12 nixed Phina's Rapier use- bad FE12! You removed a hint of mystery from a character in Archanea- you should know better than to steal the tiniest bit of development one of that continent's cast gets.

Two, it's Leanne.

Three, in Japanese, it'd be even worse with rl thing, that'd make Reyson and Rafiel sematically L refreshers too.

Four, don't forget the refresher bards!

elphin.png

nils.png

Nils is so cute!

Desertfun

@Interdimensional Observer: Blame my desire for Warriors Lianna interfering with my memory of Leanne’s name.

And yes, locking Phina out of the rapier was probably the only misstep New Mystery made, not counting redeeming you-know-whom which is pretty divisive, AFAIK.

I actually remembered Elffin and Nils later and edited them into my post.

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder how they can make other dancers (Silvia, Lene, Laylea, Lara, Larum, Tethys, Reyson, Leanne, Rafiel) distinct enough to matter.

> EDIT: and Nils! I always forget the brat. <
> EDIT#2: And Elffin too. <

I'd even take the Ladyblade or something, if they really want to keep New Mystery's mistake. Would they keep the super-refreshing skills of the FE4 dancers? Now that could have an interesting effect on the meta.

I can't believe you managed to forget Elffin. His name even starts with an L, just like the others!

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

I can't believe you managed to forget Elffin. His name even starts with an L, just like the others!

I still need to play FE6 one day.

Mostly because of Lilina and Cecilia.

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

FE6 is a bit barebones compared to most of the series (barring the likes of Shadow Dragon, of course), but I like it for its simplicity. Decent cast too, despite not having a lot of fleshing out. I dare you to be like me and use Gwendolyn ;)

Edited by DefaultBeep

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lilina is a single shot glass cannon from what I hear. Slow and inaccurate (low Skl and high Luck), but very strong and with 1-2 range durability doesn't matter too much. Can replace Lugh if he's Magic screwed or if you just prefer her.

Cecilia has poor stats, 17-18 Magic and 15 Speed at 20/20. But C Staffs, while not A or B, can hit B for Physic on a reasonable time frame I imagine. Her magic damage can still be a good chip, particularly with the buyable Aircalibur vs. Wyverns, starting with A Anima is great. High mobility from having a horse is always appreciable. And her only competition is from Clarine, who while much faster, luckier, and skillful, doesn't exactly level fast and has the same poor Magic.

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And yes, locking Phina out of the rapier was probably the only misstep New Mystery made, not counting redeeming you-know-whom which is pretty divisive, AFAIK.

Scarface was redeemed, or tried to redeem themselves, in FE3 already with the gutsy act that lead to their fatal wound. Scarface becoming playable in FE12 is in line with the game's PC extravaganza, and was admittedly cool. Albeit Scarface losing their namesake was strange, and their 2 base Luck is problematic. And why can't Scarface recruit Immaculate? Is the game secretly implying, disgustingly, that Immaculate loves Wisdom that way? I can get behind the other Boxed Lunches being recruitable only by their Forks, and not their Side Dishes, but Immaculate doesn't have a Fork, and loves both of their Side Dishes equally. Scarface's survival after SD is owing to Immaculate's care after all.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Scarface was redeemed, or tried to redeem themselves, in FE3 already with the gutsy act that lead to their fatal wound. Scarface becoming playable in FE12 is in line with the game's PC extravaganza, and was admittedly cool. Albeit Scarface losing their namesake was strange, and their 2 base Luck is problematic. And why can't Scarface recruit Immaculate? Is the game secretly implying, disgustingly, that Immaculate loves Wisdom that way? I can get behind the other Boxed Lunches being recruitable only by their Forks, and not their Side Dishes, but Immaculate doesn't have a Fork, and loves both of their Side Dishes equally. Scarface's survival after SD is owing to Immaculate's care after all.

First of all: I'm sure this is in reference to something, but it just ended up making me hungry the more I read it.

Second: They do somewhat explain that weird bit in the Supports...

Spoiler

where Michalis believes that he doesn't "deserve" to talk to Maria anymore, after everything he did. Like trying to kill them and whatnot. And the whole actually killing their father and seizing control, as well.

But really, I'm pretty sure they just didn't want to change the way that played out in the original FE3. Whether out of laziness or faithfulness, I'm not the one to decide.

38 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I heard somewhere, that since Phina can use rapiers in FE3, she is might be a noble. Shame this didn't carry to FE12.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lilina is a single shot glass cannon from what I hear. Slow and inaccurate (low Skl and high Luck), but very strong and with 1-2 range durability doesn't matter too much. Can replace Lugh if he's Magic screwed or if you just prefer her.

Lilina most definitely does not replace Lugh. She will be severely underleveled by the time you get her and her Spd, which is Lugh’s most important lead over Lilina, will never be up to par.

Having played FE6 several times with each of the three mages on HM, Lilina is the most overrated and the weakest mage overall. Lugh compensates for his low Atk with his Spd and using a weapon that targets Res. Hugh, while having a really dumb recruitment is well-balanced and is the actual substitute mage for mid-late game if you did not raise one. Lilina does nothing but miss because of her nonexistent Skl, as well as starting with a Thunder tome, and she just gets doubled and dies. Aircalibur can’t fix that problem unless you actually went through all that trouble to raise her up to that point. Because reasons.

That being said there are some low-turn strats where Lilina’s levels get RNG-abused to use Bolting at certain points. That doesn’t really change how she plays in a casual, semi-efficent playthrough though.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

First of all: I'm sure this is in reference to something, but it just ended up making me hungry the more I read it.

I need to watch Scarface one day, until then I don’t get that particular reference either.

Immaculate and Wisdom stand for Maria and Minerva for obvious reasons.

The clerics being Boxed Lunches is the most hilarious and the most precise thing I’ve read for a long while.

A fork is what you stick into your food, if you get what I mean.

3 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

haha, no no. But if they remake one, they have to remake the other!

Thank goodness. There is this alarming sentiment here on Serenes that 4 and 5, and 7 and 6 should be remade as one game each, Mystery Book 1 and 2 – style. Can’t get why.

@Jingle Jangle: Yep, and that gave her a bit of subtle characterisation FE isn’t that good at. It should be brought back.

@MrSmokestack: I’m almost the embodiment of casual though, and will invest in Lilina and Cecilia out of sheer favouritism.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Cecilia is pretty good, but have fun using Lilina then :^)

Maybe as a staff bot, but her stats are pretty terrible by that point in the game.