Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

You have done well.

I’ll need to forge Marth’s Falchion ASAP too and run them on the same team, using Guidance. The OG couple; take that, Valentine’s banner!

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Rafiel's Aria Oh my gosh the Basilikos upgrade!

My new Raven came at perfect timing, I really need to train him up!

Wow didn't expect this big update of info today, too!

And already learned Hinoka's spear straight away! It's nice for Hinoka to get her speed back to normal again, without the Brave penalty. Can't wait to use her!

Just now, mcsilas said:

And already learned Hinoka's spear straight away! It's nice for Hinoka to get her speed back to normal again, without the Brave penalty. Can't wait to use her!

My Hinoka is actually -Spd, so the spear does nothing for me... but whatever, not gonna let that Slaying Lance+ go to waste now.

Can you beat not just learning the new weapon right away, but also promoting a unit for the new weapon right away? The great thing, however, is that Felicia is a free unit, so new players actually have a decent shot at being able to have a decent unit without much inheritance headaching.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ll need to forge Marth’s Falchion ASAP too and run them on the same team, using Guidance. The OG couple; take that, Valentine’s banner!

Hm. That's tempting. There are too many weapons and not enough Divine Dew...I kinda want to do:

• Parthia
  • All of the Falchions...except maybe Chrom's.
  • Minerva's Hauteclere
  • Sol Katti

I also want to see what they eventually do to Brynhildr.

Decisions, decisions...

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

My Hinoka is actually -Spd, so the spear does nothing for me... but whatever, not gonna let that Slaying Lance+ go to waste now.

Can you beat not just learning the new weapon right away, but also promoting a unit for the new weapon right away? The great thing, however, is that Felicia is a free unit, so new players actually have a decent shot at being able to have a decent unit without much inheritance headaching.

Felicia functions perfectly well at 1-star though! :D

I'm currently sitting on effectively 350 dew. Anyone know which of the weapons cost 150 dew and which cost 200 dew? Gotta do the planning before I pointlessly promote a unit.

2 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Hm. That's tempting. There are too many weapons and not enough Divine Dew...I kinda want to do:

So few resources, so many choices. I feel your pain. I’ve upgraded both Hautecleres and now the wing sword.

I wanted to do Sol Katti but Caeda > Lyn, after all.

@Humanoid: All personal weapons cost 200 dew to forge.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

So few resources, so many choices. I feel your pain. I’ve upgraded both Hautecleres and now the wing sword.

My next long term plan is for my +atk -def Alm. But I have 69 refining stones and 20 divine dew. This may take a while.

Pretty sure Caeda > the rest of the game.

@Humanoid All evolutions (Naga → Divine Naga, Durandal → Blazing Durandal, etc.) cost 150. All refinements cost 200.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, all this waiting is kinda boring.

Oh, really. Hmm... I might save orbs for CYL Celica to get as many merges on her as possible, but I get baited by every banner ever. In fact, I'm getting baited right now by the Valentine's one.

Damn, that Cordelia looks great. I only managed to get a +Spd -Def Cordelia a while back; all my other Cordys were bad.

As you said in your answer to Humanoid, having a way to grind these resources (hopefully one that isn't gated by merge levels or legendary blessing) would give us something to do when there's no tempest going on. 

I get baited by every banner myself. I wanted to keep the 50 orbs from the anniversary for potential Lucina or Micaiah banners, but I blew it right away on the legendary banner ( I got 6 units I wanted from it, so I'm not mad, but still). I'll probably stay clear from the Valentines one since I realized seasonal units are pretty much useless to me considering the game's current state. Since there's no way I'll be able to get them to a significant merge level,  they're useless in the arena, which is pretty much the only repeatable content we have in the game right now. 

2 turn Galeforce is disgusting on a unit with Cordelia's offensive stat line. Cordelia broke my pity rate 4 times total. First 2 copies were -Atk, which were promptly merged once I got my third, who was +Spd/-Def. The 4th pity breaker sat in my barracks since I was unsure whether to use her for Galeforce fodder or not. After seeing a +10 Cordelia with this build in the SF compendium and realizing I had enough Cordelia to +10 her myself, I decided to promote a +Spd/-Res 4* version of her + another for merge to +5 and give her a Slaying Lance. I'm sitting on 40k feathers now, so I'll have to wait a while before getting to +10. Can't wait for 56/48 offense  unbuffed with 2 turn Galeforce

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

My next long term plan is for my +atk -def Alm. But I have 69 refining stones and 20 divine dew. This may take a while.

I don’t even have Alm. All his harem (Celica, Faye, Clair) is here but not him.

3 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Pretty sure Caeda > the rest of the game.

@Humanoid All evolutions (Naga → Divine Naga, Durandal → Blazing Durandal, etc.) cost 150. All refinements cost 200.

Sharena > Caeda > the rest of the game.

Neat. Shows I haven’t had any opportunity to evolve weapons. My Merric and Eliwood are 4★, I’ll never get Linde or Julia, and Seliph is not a priority.

I get that argument of giving us something to do I guess, but between mindlessly grinding arena for medals (which hasn't actually been necessary at all) and grinding training stratum for badges or doing nothing, I'd take the nothing. Plenty of other games to play after all, and mobile games to me are something to play when I can't get to other games due to time or location constraints.

@Vaximillian @LordFrigid Thanks, could have sworn I knew that at some point in the past, but then completely forgotten about it. Now given Alm is probably the best candidate for immediate refinement for me, and that I have both Jaffar and Lucina as great follow-up candidates, it makes promoting any of the new units a bit questionable in terms of immediate value. Hopefully this week's quests brings enough stones to get to two new dew refinements at least.

Has it been verified either way whether Alm's special effect is a Brave effect or a natural double by the way?

I really don't understand why Eckesach's upgraded effect wasn't just Threaten Def 3. -6 Def doesn't seem worth it at the cost of not affecting dragons. It makes sense lore-wise, sort of, but still. Its unique refined effect being Distant Def 3, however, is good. It would have been fantastic if I had summoned more than zero Hectors, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

On the other side of stupid stuff, part of me wants to give Gunter Seal Atk 3 and have him (attempt) do a variation of Catria's default kit just for shits and giggles. Gunter has good defense and comes with Armored Blow, so why not, and apparently I have a +Def, -Res Gunter sitting around. Maybe -Spd would be a bit better. Whatever, it'd get rid of units if that's anything.

29 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Has it been verified either way whether Alm's special effect is a Brave effect or a natural double by the way?

I would imagine that it's the former, since that's how it worked in SoV. I could probably convince myself to upgrade it and check. Or maybe someone on YouTube has a new weapons showcase somewhere...I wonder.

Edit: I also believe that if it were the latter, the keywords "follow up" would have been used.

~

Praise be to Cymbeline's effect refinement, I already have the handling for Hinoka's Spear's effect written from when I added that in.

Edited by LordFrigid

17 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I would imagine that it's the former, since that's how it worked in SoV. I could probably convince myself to upgrade it and check. Or maybe someone on YouTube has a new weapons showcase somewhere...I wonder.

Edit: I also believe that if it were the latter, the keywords "follow up" would have been used.

~

Praise be to Cymbeline's effect refinement, I already have the handling for Hinoka's Spear's effect written from when I added that in.

I upgraded Alm's Falchion. It's a 16 mt brave weapon at 100% HP, so it bypasses Windsweep's no doubling penalty. There's no speed drop so you can attempt to quad with it as well. It drops him by 5 HP like Ragnarok, but has built in renewal 3 so it's nearly negligible.

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

It's a 16 mt brave weapon at 100% HP, so it bypasses Windsweep's no doubling penalty.

This line confuses me, because Brave weapons don't bypass Windsweep's follow up inhibition, they just hit twice on initiation.

I think I get the gist of it though, thank you.

9 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I upgraded Alm's Falchion. It's a 16 mt brave weapon at 100% HP, so it bypasses Windsweep's no doubling penalty.

But braving and doubling are different things.

33 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

This line confuses me, because Brave weapons don't bypass Windsweep's follow up inhibition, they just hit twice on initiation.

I think I get the gist of it though, thank you.

Yeah, poor choice of words there. I meant to say that it always hits twice on initiation like a brave weapon, and can quad if you naturally double. No mt or Spd penalty unlike other braves, just a full HP requirement

And Alm just solo'd the lunatic manakete squad map. This is so satisfying.

Edited by Korath88

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I really don't understand why Eckesach's upgraded effect wasn't just Threaten Def 3. -6 Def doesn't seem worth it at the cost of not affecting dragons. It makes sense lore-wise, sort of, but still. Its unique refined effect being Distant Def 3, however, is good. It would have been fantastic if I had summoned more than zero Hectors, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

On the other side of stupid stuff, part of me wants to give Gunter Seal Atk 3 and have him (attempt) do a variation of Catria's default kit just for shits and giggles. Gunter has good defense and comes with Armored Blow, so why not, and apparently I have a +Def, -Res Gunter sitting around. Maybe -Spd would be a bit better. Whatever, it'd get rid of units if that's anything.

I gave mine Seal Def and Rally Defense while cleaning up my barracks. The Def buff helps out Ursula's Blarblade.

Too bad I don't have an Alm. Glad he gets a buff but poor Marth isn't buffed enough. Maybe good for owl teams I guess?

So many weapon upgrades I want. Might do my Hinokas first because got to give her some love.

Also Christmas Hector may not be a thing but Valentine's Hector is ay-okay. I love the costumes, and it's not too fanservice so I actually think this is a really good banner overall. Probably my fave one besides the Dancers one (and I didn't even play Elibe)

Armour Lyn is weird though but the mage armour trio is complete.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

@Rafiel's Aria Oh my gosh the Basilikos upgrade!

My new Raven came at perfect timing, I really need to train him up!

Wow didn't expect this big update of info today, too!

My Raven has double LaD now. He’s so beautifully fast and strong, I could cry. I’ll have to post a screenshot later.

Normally the Catalogue of Heroes features a sprite of the unit with their 5* weapon, but Hinoka and etc were not updated, they still have their previous 5 star weapons.

Anyway, feels good to be able to just learn the new weapon skill rather than spend divine dew or stones to get it. 'Course I need even more Dew if I want to spruce them up further. They really gotta give us some from quests or Events. I'm also happy to see that Hinoka's "Spear" is a naginata and that I totally called what Felicia's Plate's effect would be before anybody else I had seen