• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Well, I finally decided what I wanted to do with my spare Festive Tactician Robin and in doing so, have all but committed to who will be my first +10 5* green.

Spoiler

na9TJwD.png?1

*fake gasp* So original, I know.
And that project entails giving my first 5* promotion the attention she deserves. All of the copies I need are ready, the feathers of course are not.

6 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

being disciplined about not spending orbs in a bit annoying, no new projects to work on is decreasing my motivation to play

Have you already fully built all of the 5 stars in your barracks? Do they have the necessary SI to function or do you need to grind for SP? 

If so, have you experimented with different team compositions? Or have you considered building a dedicated clear-all "hero team?" Zeo convinced me to do that, and I've had a lot of fun doing it. 

I've found that the game gets stale if your only purpose is to pull and build new characters. That's totally fine if you have the resources to pull the characters you want from every banner, but that can get hella expensive. I've been actively trying to save orbs for about a month now, and I've kept myself occupied with grinding HM, building new teams, and trying to utilize former bench warmers. 

But also, if you've been playing for a while and already have all the dedicated teams you need, you probably don't need to play TOO much...just long enough to clear the daily quests and stuff unless you really want to farm HM or try to boost your score in Arena Assault or something like the Tempest Trials. At the end of the day, it is just a mobile game which isn't meant to be played for hours on end.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

GHB- Tempestuous King Zephiel, wields "Harmut's Blades", the Binding Blade and Eckesachs. King's Whirlwind as Special. Another Zephiel GHB? Fine TT instead. Or make him pullable and pass the TT to somebody else. Give him a really distinct art style from "normal" self for distinguishable contrast, plus proper power creeping, Zelgius-BK has already done the same with himself.

All you need is to have Yamada Koutarou do the art.

no need to replicate the Thunder weakness and make 'em all Green

Red is weak to Dire Thunder, not green.

or make them "Strikers" either.

Nor is there reason not to.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

That's surprising. I'd have expected it to be Lucina's mask

We're almost certainly getting Lucina's mask separately, possibly as a Xenologue reward or something.

@Lemmy@Rafiel's AriaThis kinda describes FEH for the last few months for me as well. Just holding on to summon new heroes for the sake of having new heroes, with generally no plan to really use them. Sure, the new units are theoretical upgrades but the difficulty of even just pulling fodder is enough disincentive to make me decide it's not worth it.

It's not that the game has become inherently less fun of anything like that, I think it's just a natural progression for anyone that's been playing long enough to develop a barracks that's "good enough". My barracks is "good enough" to do all the content that I'm interested in, which is everything not related to arena, and no self-imposed challenges like the one-turn GHB clears I've been seeing. I've never had interest in building a 5*+10 unit but at the moment it's actually the only realistic thing I can aim for, so I am getting started with 5* merges, albeit with no great enthusiasm.

Interestingly perhaps this has caused my 180-turn on the addition of beast races into the game. Previously I had no interest in them being added to the game (and from a story perspective still find them uninteresting), but it'd at least give everyone a new project to work on. As long as Hone Beasts isn't as stupidly rare as Hone Fliers, that is.

All that said, I've finally gotten myself immersed in RimWorld this past weekend so it's not like I have nothing to spend my time on.

Kinda wish there were something else to spend orbs on than the same summoning mechanic that grants diminishing returns the longer you play the game. The ideas I came up with are no doubt controversial and would upend many of this game's theoretical framework. Spending orbs to reroll natures to something randomized. "Investing" orbs to permanently increase daily feather gain from 15 to something in the hundreds. Investing orbs to Upgrade the castle and increase SP and HM gain just like we did with EXP gain. Investing orbs to increase the focus rate on banners permanently. Using orbs to buy Divine Dew and Blessings, or 4 star copies of limited availability units such as TT, GHB, Kaze, and possibly Askr Trio. Using orbs to buy neutral, four star copies of seasonal units outside of their banner. Using orbs to pick one 5 star locked character and making them appear at 4-5 star rarity permanently on all banners. Using orbs to designate a "personal focus unit" from the normal summoning pool that appears alongside every banner's focus units at 5 star rarity - and if you want to change which unit is designated you must spend orbs again.

26 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

@Lemmy@Rafiel's AriaThis kinda describes FEH for the last few months for me as well. Just holding on to summon new heroes for the sake of having new heroes, with generally no plan to really use them. Sure, the new units are theoretical upgrades but the difficulty of even just pulling fodder is enough disincentive to make me decide it's not worth it.

It's not that the game has become inherently less fun of anything like that, I think it's just a natural progression for anyone that's been playing long enough to develop a barracks that's "good enough". My barracks is "good enough" to do all the content that I'm interested in, which is everything not related to arena, and no self-imposed challenges like the one-turn GHB clears I've been seeing. I've never had interest in building a 5*+10 unit but at the moment it's actually the only realistic thing I can aim for, so I am getting started with 5* merges, albeit with no great enthusiasm.

Interestingly perhaps this has caused my 180-turn on the addition of beast races into the game. Previously I had no interest in them being added to the game (and from a story perspective still find them uninteresting), but it'd at least give everyone a new project to work on. As long as Hone Beasts isn't as stupidly rare as Hone Fliers, that is.

All that said, I've finally gotten myself immersed in RimWorld this past weekend so it's not like I have nothing to spend my time on.

It definitely helps to set goals for yourself. I'm the type of person who likes having a bunch of mini-goals all at once. (Building highly merged characters, promoting as many 5 stars as possible to fill out my herodex, staying in tier 20, challenging myself to clear content in creative ways, etc.) But like once you get to a play where you're happy, you'll probably stay there unless the game decides to throw a curveball. 

I'm not sure what kind of curveball they could throw though... SI was the biggest one that changed the game entirely. Weapon refines, blessings, and seals have all done a pretty good job of altering mechanics and certain team compositions at least a little bit. At the very least, those things gave us more options. 

We'll have to see what they choose to do in future updates.

I started close to launch, like within the first week, and I'm not bored at all.  My barracks are good enough, but I love creating all types of different teams as well as varying wild builds and there are a lot of possibilities and niches to fill.  I love trying to come up with ally supports that make some sense and also work really well together.  Like the latest I did was pair up Katerina and Innes.  Owl bow and Owl tome, she runs 2 of the ploys, and my Innes who is +res runs the other 2.  

I'm halfway between being bored and still having tons of fun. Stuff like Arena and AA I just do for the orbs and feathers, I want to stay in tier 20 at least once but I don't like the idea that I'll need to toss my team for Armor Emblem and use units that counter them one day because it's pretty obvious that's where those two modes are heading. TT+ is just a chore with how mind-numbingly easy they are now, I preferred when they were challenging but I know I'm in the minority there as many appreciate having an easier time and not missing out on the rewards. Summoning has felt less rewarding lately too (although that's mostly because I've had a bad luck streak for a while) but I don't mind that very much, after all the main reason I summon is to try and get characters I like from the series or that have really nice art even if I don't like the character that much Corrin

On the other hand, I always have tons of fun during GHB/BHB/LHB when I try to solo them with Eirika. It makes me think outside the "Lynhardt+Dancers and Flier Emblem" box. It is there where I feel I'm making the most out of this game mechanics like SI, seals, refines, AI manipulation, etc. At times it is a bit frustrating as I'm unable to find the right approach to the map or that I'm lacking the weapon I need to clear it but at the same time that's where this game keeps me engaged.

What keeps me engaged are GHB LHB snd BHB. and unit building.

There needs to be a shop you can spend orbs to permanently unlock Skills you can fodder off as much as you want. Obviously with rare skills costing more. This would also give me incentiv to +10 units i usially kerp for fodder. 

also we nned every week a GHB/BHB/LHB. I wouldnt mind more reruns with a higher difficulty then Infernal and a teist in quests for rewards. For exsmple: no Dancers allowed. Clear Infernal with all Askrtrio in group, no Cavary allowed etc etc. I like those challenges because it intensifies unit building

58 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I wouldnt mind more reruns with a higher difficulty then Infernal and a teist in quests for rewards. For exsmple: no Dancers allowed. Clear Infernal with all Askrtrio in group, no Cavary allowed etc etc. I like those challenges because it intensifies unit building

Those are called GHB Elite quests. I liked them very much, but they were meant to be cleared in 1 year. Once a month or every 2 weeks would be better. 

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Sorry I'm responding late, but my weekend was kind of full. Great you want to build GF themed team! 

Your team already got three colors and three different movement types covered, so Tactic skills will be your friend. ATK and SPD tactic are rare and expensive, but perhaps you happen to have a spare Siegbert, LA!Lilina or L!Lyn?

Generally you want to proc Galeforce fast, so you need to take advantage of heavy blade (which needs high ATK) and doubling/quatting (which needs high SPD). Life and Death 3 plus Desperation is a good start in most cases. 

Eliwood:

You want to make him a BH!Roy, but Roy and even Siegbert are better to do the GF stuff. With his current set he'll proc Galeforce reliably only against Axe users. He would need more SPD while maintaining his high ATK. In most cases he would rely on a partner with Hone Cav. 

Cordelia:

Without Heavy Blade she'll need more speed in every case. You could give her a quad set (Brave+/LnD3/Desperation) or go the Slaying Lance+ route. With speed refined Slaying Lance+ and LnD3 plus either QP seal or Heavy Blade seal, she could proc GF immediately. 

Raven:

I have not built him yet, but apart from his movement type, he is the perfect GF candidate. An +ATK or +SPD nature would be better though. 

The fourth team member should be support (dancer or healer, depending on what you want to do) or another GF unit. Preferably a green Cav to compensate Raven's limited range and to buff Eliwood with Hone Cav. S!Alfonse, Titania, BB!Marth are good candidates. L!Ryoma, Elincia or Caeda if you want another Flier. 

Thanks, I'll take this into consideration. Let's hope I get a bunch of Shannas and Sothes. Also, is Titania really a Galeforce candidate? I'd never thought that, but she has been very useful in my barracks, so I could give her that reward

I needed more barracks space so I did a thing.

Bcn83u3.jpg

+10 Summer Tiki [+Atk, -Res] (Melon Crusher+ [Def], Reposition, Ignis, Steady Breath, Quick Riposte 3, Axe Valor 3, Close Def 3)

Has 52 Def on enemy phase at full health. Ignis hits for 41 damage. Also has Renewal 3 learned in case the Quick Riposte Sacred Seal ever falls out of Hardin's and Fjorm's hands. Might also consider giving her Guard 3 at some point.

I'll figure out what to do with her C skill later.

18 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Also, is Titania really a Galeforce candidate? I'd never thought that, but she has been very useful in my barracks, so I could give her that reward

She is the fastes Axe Cav (with SPD boon), has access to Cav buffs and natures, so you can make her work. I'd prefer a +SPD S!Alfonse, but he is too rare. 

+SPD S!Alfonse and BB!Marth (neutral) both lack only 1 SPD in comparison to +SPD Titania, but are considerably stronger (35 ATK Alfonse, 31 Marth compared to 28 Titania). Currently I'm leaning towards Marth, since I never got Alfonse and Titania already got DC to do another job. 

Another step forward!
Screenshot_20180604-173700.png

I could actually add a fifth merge straight away (21k in the bank at the moment), but I’m keeping these in case of a Julia and especially if said Julia is +Atk. Hawkeye should come in handy one day, shouldn’t he?

Someone needs to put the Feh doll on Merric so he can act like Merlin the wizard from The Sword in the Stone. lol Merlin has a pet owl named Archimedes. I'd do it myself, but I have no reason to build a Merric since I have a lot of green mages and many of them are better than him. And I'd rather put the accessories on characters I use.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Someone needs to put the Feh doll on Merric so he can act like Merlin the wizard from The Sword in the Stone. lol Merlin has a pet owl named Archimedes. I'd do it myself, but I have no reason to build a Merric since I have a lot of green mages and many of them are better than him. And I'd rather put the accessories on characters I use.

Why Merric as Merlin though and not someone else?

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Those are called GHB Elite quests. I liked them very much, but they were meant to be cleared in 1 year. Once a month or every 2 weeks would be better. 

every week and add in BHB and LHB into the twist... seriously ¬.¬

41 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Why Merric as Merlin though and not someone else?

They both wear long blue robes and a wizard hood. And both their names begin with M.