Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Although I didn't like the teleporting gimmick on Fujin Yumi (and just gave my Takumi the defense refine), I have seen warping characters fuck up my day in the arena. Anna teleporting around will be funny, so I think I'll just give all the Askr characters their special refines.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not sure if Ricken counts as major, but he saved Maribelle.

Ah yes, he used Elwind and got Aversa to say:

Nngh! W-wind magic?

And gameplay makes me laugh at that. Because Ricken shouldn't have as much as moved a hair on her given how weak he is and how strong she is. She wasn't even on her mount at the time, so no effective bonus.

I could do without him, there are better Shota Mages, to add, namely Asbel, Lugh, and Tormod. I'd say Jubelo as well, but he is more on Ricken/Hayato's level, because Archanea's weak characters as a whole affects him, and because I'm sometimes allergic to Mages with negative base Magic. And if Azelle is cute enough to count, we need him too, ideally with Herune the mare he tamed in Agustria, for diversity's sake (note the name is my invention- don't go posting it on FE Wiki).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I don't know enough about Azelle to have an opinion on him, but yes to Tormod. Of all the male child mages, Tormod is my favorite (and my favorite FE character overall) because he just seems to have more personality to him and I like how he's a beorc fighting for laguz rights and was even raised by one. Plus, he doesn't lean on the "I want to be treated like an adult!" gimmick so painfully as Ricken and Hayato do, if at all.

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Plus, he doesn't lean on the "I want to be treated like an adult!" gimmick so painfully as Ricken and Hayato do, if at all.

He does have the "Sothe grew taller than me and Ike is a giant!" bit in RD.

But this is counterbalanced by Tormod's commitment to fight to free all Begnion Laguz slaves, and his tender parental-big brotherly bond with Muarim, which RD also includes via Izuka's attempt to berserk Muarim. PoR also has him asking Reyson to try turning the Grann Desert into an oasis for the sake of the Laguz slaves, learning the dangers of magic from Calill, and trying, because Muarim wants him to be a normal Beorc, to friend Sothe in the first place. 

Tormod is a splendidly good character to me, for whom the immature-wanting-to-be-physically-mature gimmick makes up no more than ten of his lines between two games.

He would certainly get me summoning in a heartbeat, if he had the good fortune of dropping in rarity, merges I would certainly do.

Now the question is which artwork to base him off of?:

His PoR appearance

Spoiler

tormod.jpg

or his RD one?

Spoiler

tormod_en.png

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He does have the "Sothe grew taller than me and Ike is a giant!" bit in RD.

But this is counterbalanced by Tormod's commitment to fight to free all Begnion Laguz slaves, and his tender parental-big brotherly bond with Muarim, which RD also includes via Izuka's attempt to berserk Muarim. PoR also has him asking Reyson to try turning the Grann Desert into an oasis for the sake of the Laguz slaves, learning the dangers of magic from Calill, and trying, because Muarim wants him to be a normal Beorc, to friend Sothe in the first place. 

Tormod is a splendidly good character to me, for whom the immature-wanting-to-be-physically-mature gimmick makes up no more than ten of his lines between two games.

He would certainly get me summoning in a heartbeat, if he had the good fortune of dropping in rarity, merges I would certainly do.

Now the question is which artwork to base him off of?:

His PoR appearance

Reveal hidden contents

tormod.jpg

or his RD one?

Reveal hidden contents

tormod_en.png

Thankfully, the "Ike and Sothe are taller than me!" thing is only like one scene each when he meets up with them again. Also, one of my high school friends had a similar thing where she was really sensitive about people pointing out her height that lasted until around our mid-twenties, so I can give Tormod a pass on it since complaining about it isn't his entire character XD

The RD version of Tormod scored a lot higher in both CYL polls, and I think that's the one with (slightly) more plot importance, so I suppose RD? He'd almost certainly be the 4-star drop (if not a Tempest reward) because red infantry mages aren't particularly rare, nor is he extremely popular.

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And gameplay makes me laugh at that. Because Ricken shouldn't have as much as moved a hair on her given how weak he is and how strong she is. She wasn't even on her mount at the time, so no effective bonus.

I thought that was just Aversa being embarrassed to have her skirt lifted.

And I thought it was just a reflexive oh-shitballs reaction that all fliers have to wind magic. Or trying to foreshadow her weakness to wind magic for later in the game when you fight her.

Let's see here.

@Vaximillian For every "good" unit there is a healer... implying the healers are garbage essentially except.

• Lissa - Gravity+, one of the best staves, Rehabilitate+ and Renewal 2, making her always useful fodder.
  • Nanna - Drive DEF 2, and she's a healer!
  • Azama - Pain+ is one of if not the best stave in the game.
  • Lachesis - Physic+
  • Priscilla/Serra - Recover+ is the best healing staff.
  • Wrys - Best healing kit as Live to Serve is still a good B skill if you can't do the Razzle Dazzle combo.
  • Maria/Lucius - Miracle.

Even if you aren't interested in building a healer nearly half of the units I named are good fodder elsewhere. At the very least comparable to fodder in the green pool. Perhaps I exaggerated saying the green pool sucks. The colorless pool however, is comparable to it, which makes it far from "hell". 

@Troykv Not everyone is interested in building healers I admit. But half of the pool is gold and half of the "hell" portion is actually good in actuality. It's just too gross of an exaggeration. Gaius is a horrible pull I admit though, he's worse to pull than any healer along with Virion. 

@NekoKnight Every point you made was solid. I've got no counters really. It's all honestly true. But it still doesn't justify the hell tag.

@Zeo priscilla has Rehabilitate not Recover

Virion is for me, Astra fodder for who ever gets Galeforce (that way i can inherit either Cordelia’s weapon or TA alongside GF)

Gaius...i guess is Rally Speed fodder as a step to one of those dual Rallies

still can get annoying when you have to upgrade units to get full versions of skills but admittedly it has better fodder. Just annoying when you don’t get fodder (which extends to all colours really)

that said red is hell for focus unit sniping though

@Zeo I believe the issue is that aside from Nanna most healers only really benefit... other healers. As you pointed out, they can have good fodder, but it’s situational. You can’t give Recover+ to just anybody, as opposed to someone who has Fury or Drive Speed which nearly anyone can use, aside from (ironically) healers. It doesn’t help that you have to upgrade them using 20,000 feathers to pass those abilities to others, which one could also use that same amount for a merge project or a rare weapon/skill. 

Personally, I don’t think the colorless pool was as bad as it once was and I believe the fodder in green is worse overall, but the main issue is that it’s such a gamble to pull anything in there now. It’s not so much “colorless hell” as it is “colorless roulette”.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Vaximillian For every "good" unit there is a healer... implying the healers are garbage essentially except.

• Lissa - Gravity+, one of the best staves, Rehabilitate+ and Renewal 2, making her always useful fodder.
  • Nanna - Drive DEF 2, and she's a healer!
  • Azama - Pain+ is one of if not the best stave in the game.
  • Lachesis - Physic+
  • Priscilla/Serra - Recover+ is the best healing staff.
  • Wrys - Best healing kit as Live to Serve is still a good B skill if you can't do the Razzle Dazzle combo.
  • Maria/Lucius - Miracle.

One, I don’t need staves and Miracle on the majority of my units, and otherwise there isn’t anything to give from the healers. For every “good” grey unit, there is a healer, and healers only benefit other healers.

Two, staves and LtS cost twenty fucking thousand feathers, and the latter is available as a seal. What an exciting fodder. Pass.

So I alluded to this earlier in the pull topic, but this was what become of my spare Micaiah and spare F!Morgan assuming anyone cared and I most certainly regret nothing.

oa6vT8N.png?1

His refinement is going to have to wait, since Maribelle needed her Wrathful refine a bit more. Now if could just get Mist, I'll have the still embarrassingly tiny Tellius section of the catalog 100% complete.

It just occurred to me that a def refined reprisal lance+ is outright better than Shiro's bright naginata outside of arena scoring.

14 mt, +6 Atk, +4 Def and +5 HP vs

16 mt, +4 Atk and +4 Def

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

So I alluded to this earlier in the pull topic, but this was what become of my spare Micaiah and spare F!Morgan assuming anyone cared and I most certainly regret nothing.

HE ATE MICAIAH?! YOU MONSTER! I WILL FEED HIM UNTIL HIS GUTS BURST OPEN AND THE PUSS SPLATTERS ALL OVER THIS BOARD! MAY THE ODOR LAST FOR WEEKS!

...You said "spare" Micaiah? Carry on then. 

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

HE ATE MICAIAH?! YOU MONSTER! I WILL FEED HIM UNTIL HIS GUTS BURST OPEN AND THE PUSS SPLATTERS ALL OVER THIS BOARD! MAY THE ODOR LAST FOR WEEKS!

Nah, I wouldn't have done that if that was my only Micaiah. As it stands, I'd say I've treated mine pretty well, especially for a character I used to actively dislike.

Spoiler

ErUGgqG.png?1

5 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

It just occurred to me that a def refined reprisal lance+ is outright better than Shiro's bright naginata outside of arena scoring.

16 mt, +4 Atk and +4 Def

Ouch. I wonder if a number of preferred weapons are going to get refines in the coming updates. The preferred weapons in the launch pool were the obvious first choices to update but a lot of the since released preferred weapons are falling behind too. Heck, Sharena who just got a refine has a dual stance skill in addition to a second effect. 

Some characters, I would recommend: Julia, Seliph (both need the Linde/Merric treament), Deirdre, Tana, Lyon, Celica, Delthea, Lancina, Leif, Innes and Shiro.

31 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

16 mt, +4 Atk and +4 Def

I dunno about that... even if Reprisal Lance +Def provides mixed phase Defense, it remains slightly weaker on player phase, plus Shiro is already bulky enough to not care about an extra 5 hp.

I guess it's all in the eyes of the beholder though...

27 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, I wouldn't have done that if that was my only Micaiah. As it stands, I'd say I've treated mine pretty well, especially for a character I used to actively dislike.

Reveal hidden contents

ErUGgqG.png?1

What kind of relationship you feel you have with Micaiah nowadays?

17 minutes ago, Troykv said:

What kind of relationship you feel you have with Micaiah nowadays?

I'd say I'm neutral at worst. I still have some problems with her back in Radiant Dawn, but FEH has made me feel more positively about her than negatively. That, and I can't bring myself to dislike someone who can reduce Anamnesis Eirika to dust.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

He is tsundere for her.

Sure, let's go with that. That might be more accurate to how I view Celica at this point though.

Edited by Tybrosion

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

He is tsundere for her.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'd say I'm neutral at worst. I still have some problems with her back in Radiant Dawn, but FEH has made me feel more positively about her than negatively. That, and I can't bring myself to dislike someone who reduce Anamnesis Eirika to dust.

Sure, let's go with that. That might be more accurate to how I view Celica at this point though.

Understood; thatnks you two for answering :3

It's a beginning Tybrosion... I still remember my times when my favorite character was Sophia and my favorite lord was Roy who is still my boi.

Edited by Troykv

I didn't start appreciating Micaiah until Corrin (and, to some extent, Robin) existed.

That said, PoR!Ike > Micaiah ≥ RD!Ike

Edited by Sunwoo

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I didn't start appreciating Micaiah until Corrin (and, to some extent, Robin) existed.

That said, PoR!Ike > Micaiah ≥ RD!Ike

The one good thing Corrin did was vindicate Micaiah in the fandom.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I foddered off my only Hector to Myrrh. ;):

Edited by Icelerate