Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Gunnthra is a good start, yeah. The ATK/SPD debuffs might end up occasionally redundant against whoever got Chilling Sealed, but that's not a big deal, and being able to add 16 damage (20 if Gunnthra got the Peshkatz buff) to Gunnthra's attacks via Blizzard is a good thing. You could go with any Dagger-user running The Cleaner+ for the same effect, if you want (not sure why you'd want to do that, but it's an option).

As for other good company for Veronica, bring a Dancer. I know that's good advice in general, but with your new Wrazzle Dazzle Peshkatz Staff, you'll want a Dancer even more to take advantage of those buffs to kill people.

Also, maybe Eirika could work? I know it's not as good as running her with all Tactics, but being able to give her +8 to every stat if she gets the Peshkatz buff and enters combat while near Veronica seems pretty good regardless... Not sure if you have an Eirika built up tho.

EDIT:

Similar to @Humanoids situation, my blessing distribution speaks against running Gunnthra and Veronica in one team. Every element got 3-4 teams so far and Wind is all cavs with Clarine and Priscilla filling the healer role. I gave Veronica an earth blessing (mixed teams), because earth lacked a cav healer. 

On Earth/Wind seasons I'll try them out though! 

Currently I'm running Veronica (and Celica) in TTs with PA!Azura to get some SP. Like you wrote that works pretty good, Veronica can profit from her own buffs/debuffs if refreshed. Celica crushing every blue unit with her help is a sweet bonus (aside from Oscar and Subaki and perhaps Ephraim because of Moonbow).

(Eirika is still waiting for her promotion)

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

53 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Having trouble deciding Veronica's team composition too here. Unfortunately my Wind team has Clarine so if I want to put Veronica with Gunnthra, I'll be wasting at least one Wind blessing. It's also a bit awkward because the other two members of the team are Horse Roy and Reinhardt, who have no particular synergy with her, and with the team as a whole, the effects of Close Guard are pretty much wasted.

Most of my other horses are in Fire, with a composition of Xander/Eirika, Ephraim, Cecilia and Lyn. Ephraim needs to be alone so he doesn't really benefit from Close Guard, but Xander obviously does. Dropping Lyn would be pretty tough, so it's hard to find space for her here too.

It's probably past time to build a third core horse team, but I have no real anchor to build the team around. Third legendary horse hero when? Thinking something like Ares/Camus/Lilina/Veronica, but I've never pulled a decent L'Arachel. Or, if I'm willing to burn some blessings, put Camus and Veronica into Wind and take Reinhardt and Clarine out. Then third team would be something like Ares/Reinhardt/Lilina/Clarine. Got some free agents in Sigurd, Oscar, Finn, Marth, and 4* merges of Eliwood, Roderick, Titania and Frederick. (I'm disregarding my bad Eldigan, Clive, Mathilda and Spring Xander)

horses dont have to run in horse Teams.... None of my Horses do anymore. The only units running on my Horse Team are left overs that garbage in my eyes, I have shifted all the good ones into mixed Teams. Mixed Teams just offer that much more variety and possibilitys.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

horses dont have to run in horse Teams.... None of my Horses do anymore. The only units running on my Horse Team are left overs that garbage in my eyes, I have shifted all the good ones into mixed Teams. Mixed Teams just offer that much more variety and possibilitys.

Preferring horse teams is mostly a matter of, well, preferring horses, though admittedly a part of it is because the units have already been built with that in mind and I have no incentive to change skills to accommodate mixed teams. I've only got two Atk Tactics and zero Spd Tactics available anyway. Besides, if I did run mixed teams, it'd just end up half horses, half fliers. I've got plenty of good infantry and armours and have no issue with their effectiveness, only their enjoyment. I do plan to build one specific mixed team based around Ostia's Pulse ...if only Hector showed up.

I've pretty much still got the mid-2017 mindset of cleaning up with Bladetomes pretty much, guilty. ;)

3 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

You could go with any Dagger-user running The Cleaner+ for the same effect, if you want (not sure why you'd want to do that, but it's an option).

Lysol is boosted by the opponent's buffs, not the opponent's debuffs. The only weapon currently in the game that gains additional benefits from an opponent's debuffs is Blizzard.

40 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This is not an improvement to the “mode”.

Burn this heretic.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lysol is boosted by the opponent's buffs, not the opponent's debuffs. The only weapon currently in the game that gains additional benefits from an opponent's debuffs is Blizzard.

Damn, I thought it worked like Blizzard. Guess I misread the description. Thanks.

...I wish it worked like Blizzard. That would be a pretty good effect for a dagger, wouldn't it?

1 hour ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Damn, I thought it worked like Blizzard. Guess I misread the description. Thanks.

...I wish it worked like Blizzard. That would be a pretty good effect for a dagger, wouldn't it?

Not really IMO. While I do like the idea of Blizzard, you have to position carefully to affect the units you want it to affect to do a lot of damage on or just have everyone run chill skills, but the damage may wary for each target. Cleaner is pretty nice as you're expecting the opponent to have a bunch of buffs anyways. The only bad thing is that if the opponent only benefits from a defense buff then it does essentially nothing

Now if you had close counter or a refresher then that's another story

Edited by silveraura25

This is a delayed thought, but the next GHB...

Spoiler

I'm thinking the reason why Jamke was chosen (who starts as an enemy for those who are unaware), is because Gen 1 Genealogy has a poor villain lineup, not Jamke's popularity levels.

Andrey, Chagal, Lombard, and Reptor are all easily unappealing characters. Eldigan got into the game long ago, and he was the one good GHB character for Gen 1.

They did take Arvis, despite not being fought in Gen 1, and set up up as a GHB for the prior 1st Gen banner however. They could try the same with Travant or Manfroy, but since they already have used Julius for GHB, and decided to put Ishtar in the RNG pool, they only have four characters when you add Arion and Emperor Arvis, left who could make for popular Genealogy GHBs.

Edit: Jamke BTW ranked 484 with 245 votes on CYL1, and 511 with 231 votes on CYL2. I don't need to list that there were a few Gen 1 Jugdralis who outranked him, including a couple probably not in the game yet.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

My apologies if I missed out on this, but would Lysol's (heh) damage be boosted by field buffs alone, or in-combat buffs (e.g, Goad/Ward) too?

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This is a delayed thought, but the next GHB...

Reveal hidden contents

I'm thinking the reason why Jamke was chosen, is because Gen 1 Genealogy has a poor villain lineup, not Jamke's popularity levels. 

Andrey, Chagal, Lombard, and Reptor are all easily unappealing characters. Eldigan got into the game long ago, and he was the one good GHB character for Gen 1.

They did take Arvis, despite not being fought in Gen 1, and set up up as a GHB for the prior 1st Gen banner however. They could try the same with Travant or Manfroy, but since they already have used Julius for GHB, and decided to put Ishtar in the RNG pool, they only have four characters when you add Arion and Emperor Arvis, left who could make for popular Genealogy GHBs.

Spoiler

The only other gen 1 character that can be recruited from the enemy that isn't in the game yet is Beowolf. Another sword unit sound dull considering the competition. Time to time, GHB used playable characters, your reasoning sounds about right. Personally, I have no interest in Jamke because there is little about him as a person. I always wonder how he is the only decent looking guy from his country?

7 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

My apologies if I missed out on this, but would Lysol's (heh) damage be boosted by field buffs alone, or in-combat buffs (e.g, Goad/Ward) too?

Windex only receives boosts from field buffs alone. It behaves pretty much the same as Litrblade, Thunderhead, and Laevateinn, but uses the opponent's buffs instead of your own.

(Also note that Blizzard strictly only uses "penalties", meaning that only true debuffs count and not Panicked buffs.)

28 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The only other gen 1 character that can be recruited from the enemy that isn't in the game yet is Beowolf. Another sword unit sound dull considering the competition. Time to time, GHB used playable characters, your reasoning sounds about right. Personally, I have no interest in Jamke because there is little about him as a person. I always wonder how he is the only decent looking guy from his country?

Spoiler

Erinys has to be recruited from the enemy too, given that she was fed the lie that Lewyn was going to be executed by Sigurd’s Army or something like that.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

Erinys has to be recruited from the enemy too, given that she was fed the lie that Lewyn was going to be executed by Sigurd’s Army or something like that.

Spoiler

Oh yeah forgot about her, my guess is that she will be summonable. Due to being a woman; the Yewfelle is a bonus.

50 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Wow I"m rusty on my Fe4 knowledge.

It doesn't help that Erinys's name looks and sounds nothing like her original name of Ferry (official JP)/Fury (fan translation).

("Erinys" is the singular of "Erinyes", the three Furies of ancient Greek mythology.)

Edited by Ice Dragon

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It doesn't help that Erinys's name looks and sounds nothing like her original name of Ferry (official JP)/Fury (fan translation).

Jingle likely played with the Project Naga translation where she’s called Erin. (Way before the CYL poll, I must add)

Spoiler

Jamke is the man.  One of the most powerful archers in the entire series, even though he doesn't have holy blood.  I think he is a great choice for GHB, hey Ayra would have been too but we got her as a summonable unit.  Just him being added is awesome, always loved his character torn between doing the right thing and loyalty to his scumbag brothers and actually very nice/kind but easily manipulated father.  

His GHB very likely signals the next banner will be gen 1 FE4.  I think CYL wise units not in the game yet, Lewyn and Quan were most popular.  So I think at least one of them, preferably both will be on the banner.  FE4 still hasn't been tainted by alts, here's hoping that holds with this next banner.  

What exactly is this Pity Broken thing people talk about in heroes fan content? I mean, i have i guess, but would like to be sure.

I just got a 5 star Seth out of a banner promising 6% of chance of a Brave hero and i'm guessing it's this?

13 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

What exactly is this Pity Broken thing people talk about in heroes fan content? I mean, i have i guess, but would like to be sure.

I just got a 5 star Seth out of a banner promising 6% of chance of a Brave hero and i'm guessing it's this?

It is that, but Seth is not available at 5* so it probably was someone else.

EDIT: Oh right, except for the Hero Fest banner that still has the old pre-demotion 5* pool.

Edited by Humanoid

3 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Yes. The fact that the 5-star chance increases for every 5 pulls you make that do not contain a 5-star character is colloquially referred to as the "pity rate" as if the game is increasing the 5-star chance out of pity for you not succeeding.

When you pull a 5-star character, whether or not it is a character on the banner's focus or not, it resets the 5-star chance back to its base value. If that character was not a character you were pulling for, it "breaks" your pity rate and thus is called a "pity breaker".