Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

As far as I can see, this glitch didn't happen on my phone and I am using the skill sets to switch between default skills and Arena Assault skills (SP optimized for team 1, hard counter sets for team 2 - ~17). 

Of course I didn't check every important skill on every unit, it would be nice to get a clarification if not a fix by IS. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

28 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Just asking him as I'm curious as to how serious this is from a programmer's viewpoint. I've seen Ice talk about how serious a data breach is, but errors that cause the deletion of vital data seems pretty serious to me unless they have a SI history of players' accounts. I feel as though they should address it already as it gives off a sense of dread like there's a armed mine in your living room that you could easily step on

Ah I see. That makes sense. Yeah I guess it all comes down to whether or not IS has any sort SI history. I agree with that feeling of dread and how they should address it already. Feels weird that there has not been any acknowledgement of the glitch from IS especially if it really has been going on for some weeks now.

26 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

People would be reporting their horses being hit (or armours or whatever) because they would likely have had a full horse team in the skill set that bugged out.

Now if IS don't have a backup of what skills these units lost, then obviously the only proper solution to give every current unit of every player every possible skill that they're eligible for. :P Yes, I totally had Swift Sparrow on all 700 of my units and they can't prove otherwise!

As cool as that would be, the moment they do that is the moment that Heroes has reached its final days.

I still remember when Tales of Rays announced it was gonna take down its Global severs and they just started letting you roll on the gacha for free indefinitely. It was fun but it was so sad to see it go.

Wow, this is really bad. The previous glitches were very benign; at best they could be beneficial and at worst it was a mere inconvenience. But something that deletes a unit’s weapons/skills for good that people like spent a lot of time and possibly money into is a whole new catastrophe. If IS can’t recover the skills lost of those unfortunate enough to experience that, they better come up with a very hefty reciprocation, like another free CYL summon or something.

I can confirm that I haven’t been hit with this glitch (yet), and I likely won’t considering I that I never used the new skill set feature. Still somewhat rattled me though.

What I would do is let us get a free 5 star unit of our choice and a free skill of our choice to give to a unit of our choice as well as 40 to 60 orbs. This is just really bad, particularly for those that have units that lost a seasonal-only skill or weapon. And the fact that it's been going on for weeks and IS has failed to even acknowledge it, let alone say they're working on a fix, is unacceptable.

I'm afraid to give anymore of my units anymore SI right now!

Edited by Anacybele

Got galeforced here lol. Might as well comment.

I think it’s fair to only have the players effected get the extra benefits while everyone gets compensation orbs since as much as I’d like a free unit it’d be kinda undeserved seeing as I didn’t lose anything. 

Edited by SilvertheShadow

I just checked all my SI'ed units and they are fine for now thank Naga.  I have not used the skill set option at all and now that I have read the posts above me I won't until it is fixed.  I am going to send feedback about this anyway because it needs to be fixed now and I feel bad for the players it has happened to and I don't want it to happen to me.  I think everyone should send feedback about to IS about this so they know that players want this fixed.

6 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Someone on this thread claims they were affected despite not using Skill Sets. Uh-oh.

Now I am really worried.  Looks like I won't change any skills or SI anything until this is fixed so I don't trigger the glitch.  

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Someone on this thread claims they were affected despite not using Skill Sets. Uh-oh.

I figured it could happen to anyone. The whole “it’s just skill sets” seemed to be completely speculation since there wasn’t any hard evidence that was actually causing it.

On a slightly different but still related note, after watching the Zelgius video, it’s interesting to see that prf weapons/skills like Alondite and Black Luna are not exempt from this glitch. I just figured it only affected inheritable skills.

Egads this sounds like a terrible glitch! Days of play and hundreds of Orbs, potentially lost in a little hiccup. How could this happen from a programming perspective, and is it a sign of sloppiness at IS?

I'm going to assume IS hasn't kept an SI record out of laziness/fear for the worst. Why would they really need to? The game has to autosave after every SI instance, correct? But whether IS then keeps note of that? Well it'd be good if they did, it could tell them what skills are hot inheritances, although there are other ways of figuring this out. But do they need any record more than just "a skill was inherited", without regard to who got it, who gave it, and what it was?

On a different note, if FE4 Gen 1 is getting the next New Heroes banner, as early as this is to speak of it, let us look at our options:

Spoiler
  • Naoise- boring blonde cav.
  • Alec- boring greenhead cav.
  • Quan- important Lance Cav with a legendary weapon.
  • Ethlyn- Staff Cav, wife of important Lance Cav, sister of Sigurd, and female and sorta cute.
  • Gen 1 Finn- Another Lance Cav, not likely for some time I'd say.
  • Azelle- Red Tome half-brother of Arvis, might be able to go Red Tome Cav, but will probably be stuck as Infantry.
  • Lex- Axe Cav is good, and quite rare, might not want to give him too soon.
  • Midir- canonical Bow Cav! 
  • Edain- conservatively dressed female Staff Infantry.
  • Dew- unpopular probably, but our lone Dagger user.
  • Lewyn- popular Green Tome with a legendary weapon!
  • Silvia- another Safeguard dancer.
  • Erinys- likely a Lance Flier, but they could distort to Sword or even Staff.
  • Chulainn- blonde forgettable Sword Infantry.
  • Beowolf- slightly more exciting blonde Sword Cav.
  • Claud- blonde boring male Staff Infantry- albeit with a legendary.
  • Brigid- has legendary bow, not the outright prettiest of ladies perhaps, but she has merits.

And if we get stuck with an alt, I'm expecting:

Spoiler
  1. Sword/Anything but Dark Lachesis- to allude to Master Knight more directly. Runesword?
  2. Something Ayra- because cynicism.
  3. Staff Deidre- because the one thing she canonically does for Sigurd other than generate Seliph is silencing a dude.
  4. Something Eldigan- because he could use a better form prolly.
  5. Lance Sigurd- because he can. But he can also go Legendary being a lord, so why alt him here?

If they wanted to make a theme related to the GHB, then:

Spoiler

Alt Ayra (b/c she first appears in Chapter 1 like Jamke) or Eldigan (b/c the same as Ayra) or Deirdre (b/c the same)

Edain

Dew

...This sounds utterly unappealing to most I would think. A little boy with the worst weapon type, a nun who shows too little, and the only real redeemer on the whole thing is an alt. Two of these characters are Colorless, as presumably will be Jamke (operating under the assumption Colored Bows and Daggers are Legensonal only), it's very bland that way. Not to mention it ignores FE4 Gen 1's most important not in the game yet character- Lewyn.

However, NHs don't need to be totally synced to a GHB or vice versa. Amoeba Lady came alongside Lyon, right? And Linus with Sky High Nino? Yet these instances aren't necessarily proof that it must be so. Karla was out of sync with everyone else who came with her, and the Gen 2 Genealogy banner and GHB had nothing unifying it, save the very general theme of two lovers and their beloved. 

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

Now I am really worried.  Looks like I won't change any skills or SI anything until this is fixed so I don't trigger the glitch.  

Basically what I'm doing too. Not messing with skills or SI at all until IS does something about this disaster.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On a different note, if FE4 Gen 1 is getting the next New Heroes banner, as early as this is to speak of it, let us look at our options:

Like I said earlier, my hope would be for some kind of theme with the Prologue/Chapter 1 situation, with Edain, Dew, and Midayle on the banner, Jamke as the GHB, and Sigurd as the Legendary.

7 hours ago, Water Mage said:

From what I’ve heard, it only affects Calvary units. Though no one is sure yet.

Should we make a thread informing about it?

It's already been said, but from what I've heard it's definitely not exclusive to cavalry units.

Also, I don't think I've been hit by the glitch yet, but I have actually used skill inheritance earlier this morning. So I'll let you know if anything changes.

Edited by Sunwoo

This glitch is like the scariest thing ever.  I looked through don't think I'm effected yet, I haven't used skillset feature though I was planning to...now I definitely won't til this is for sure fixed. I I think they probably track everything so they should be able to see what was foddered, what skills and restore it.  Or give another copy of the fodder unit(s).  

Orbs won't cover this, a free 5 star won't cover this either.  This is devastating and game breaking if it isn't resolved.  I feel terrible for whoever this has effected, however I think IS will find a way to make things right with them.   I hope they discover what is causing it quickly, and a way to restore the damage or there will have to be monstrous compensation to those effected.  

I wonder if the reason we haven't heard anything is because they know that unlike previous glitches that this one would cause a scare. Thus they are waiting until they at least have some idea of the cause so as not to tank game usage. Even if they wanted to warn folks to reduce the amount of recovery work they have to do they couldn't adequately do it until they had some idea of the cause. And that is assuming players can change their behavior to avoid triggering it. Since I have seen nothing that really points at a cause, IS is likely have a mad scramble to try and figure it out.

Of course this is the internet age so people are going to hear about it regardless of an official post, and it isn't uncommon for the most passionate players to pay attention venues that would spread word of such a glitch. As such if you ask me an official message stating they are investigating and reassuring the player base that characters affected will be restored would go farther towards stopping a scare than being silent would. Of course if they can NOT restore the characters, then. . . well not much is going to reassure folks at that point.

1 hour ago, Midnox said:

On a side note, I possess over 700 orbs, and I’m starting to feel a compulsive need to spend them

The next legendary hero banner should be up in three days, so just wait until then. Tomorrow's when the healing skills banner will be up, so unless there's someone on there you want, take a freebie and skip or take the 20 orb full summon.

img_20180810.png

You could also to compulsively save orbs. The orb stash will get bigger and bigger and you'll never use them. :p

Edited by Kaden

11 minutes ago, Kaden said:

The next legendary hero banner should be up in three days, so just wait until then. Tomorrow's when the healing skills banner will be up, so unless there's someone on there you want, take a freebie and skip or take the 20 orb full summon.

img_20180810.png

You could also to compulsively save orbs. The orb stash will get bigger and bigger and you'll never use them. :p

Could save 'em until a legendary banner next year has this year's BH XD. I'll probably have over 1200 orbs by then XD