Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Aw damn, another underwhelming GH unit. I still hate that Cancel Affinity exist. Seems to be more A.I. skill then anything else.

And Abyssal is a thing. Guess now can be categorize even further now, but it still seems harmless for the most part.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I knew it! I knew something stupid would happen with Marth's banner. Four Meisterhardts and the fourth one was +Atk, -Spd. I now have a +4 Meisterhardt; first one was a freebie miracle from the Death Blow banner.

Ugh, really feeling my lack of merges and summoner support with my horses, now that Abyssal is out. Rein's mostly fine, but B!Lyn needs me to jump through a *lot* of hoops for her sad +1 ass to contribute properly. Having to use the +2 spur rather than +1 drive of ally support makes positioning so annoying.

Had to swap 3 skills to clear Marth on my default team of OG!Rein, Horse!Lyn, OG!Cordelia, and Flying!Azura, and one of them is definitely because I'm missing 1 Atk. (Savage Blow 1 S seal just so that Rein can ORKO Marth, lul.)

I really should slap summoner support on someone on my main team, but I'm way too lazy.

(Edit: Also holy hell inferno is so trivial compared to abyssal.)

Edited by DehNutCase

At least there's the precedent of LHBs being rerun now, so I don't feel at all bad for completely disregarding the existence of Abyssal - not even going to make an attempt for now. Besides GCs, I'm going to be busy with all the other chores still - Forging Bondss, August Monthlies, farming out the rest of my HM, levelling CYL Hector so I have a decently scoring arena bonus unit...

58 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Abyssal is moronic, as expected.

its not, i like it, the new difficulty is very refreshing and is actually on par difficulty wise like trying to clear Infernal stuff with the Askrtrio and no Skill inheritance, but with the twist that i use my mainteams. I welcome this new difficulty!!! It was very much needed.

Legendary Robin challenges are back? It shows that I completed one of them with the blessing.

I'm glad. This was the first challenge when I started playing Heroes, and I didn't went to grab the orbs back then. Now I have the power. I can still collect guaranteed 14 orbs from Marth and her. Plus September missions are upon us. I feel good about the future.

Hmm. Abyssal seems less stressful without a time limit, but if they ever add them to the permanent lineup, it could take a while. If they rerun one per month and then add seven permanently after rerunning all of them, that's a ways away.

We had our seventh BHB revival a few months ago and never got any of them added permanently, but those don't have special rewards. Of course, accessories have been limited-time so far, so that might not help.

I was hoping Jamke would get a Wo Dao bow. Although that would have the downside of being limited supply.

Ugh, I was hoping that the new difficulty rumor was false and that we were just getting a new reward for completing the legendary Grima Robin battle another time. Infernal is already extremely difficult, this abyssal is completely unnecessary imo. Basically pay to win since it surely requires high merge good IV units and such...

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

What's the point of Abyssal if there are no substantial rewards?

Depends on how you define "substantial".

If you can clear Abyssal, you're probably doing pretty well in terms of practical resources.

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

What's the point of Abyssal if there are no substantial rewards?

The same as that of Arena Crowns: bragging rights and nothing else. The descriptions of the gold accessories is even just “proof of victory over Legendary [insert legend’s name here]”.

Am I the only one who had to look up the word "Abyssal"?

I legit thought they meant to name it "Abysmal" and just made a typo.

So I remember having a fair amount of difficulty with Grima's Infernal map, but maybe that was because it was right before they changed the stamina cost to 0 and I couldn't just retry over and over. After checking the enemy stats, I don't know if I am going to be able to clear it on the new difficulty.

I got Faye, Lene, and Leif this morning, so now the characters I'm currently missing are Linde, Minerva, Alm, Gray, Saber, Ayra, Eldigan, Dierdre, Olwen, Karel, Karla, Legault, Lute, Mist, Mia, Sumia, Maribelle, Libra, Noire, Leo, Elise, Charlotte, f!Kana, Shiro, and Siegbert. Plus Jamke, if he counts, which he doesn't.

Two 4-5* characters, two seasonal exclusives, 21 regular 5* exclusives. I'm curious to see if I can lower that number over time. Alm is now the only lord I'm missing, which I'm happy about.

The only thing bugging me about abyssal is the limited time it's live (next to the boring inflation of stats, but what do I expect? It's not like they can do anything else than Zerg Rush with that AI). Don't give me the urgency of having to clear that crap quickly, thx.

Also, it's kinda sad when, even with bullshit stats like these, one still clears it with a +1 Reinhardt/+1 B!Lyn + 2 dancers. Though, that is only true for Robin atm, didn't attempt a lot of Marth yet.

Also also, atrocious pulls on the legendary banner today. Guess I'm back to my regular bad luck, meaning I'll pull Alfonse in the end with my last orbs, just to add insult to injury.

Spoiler

In their weakness, my father and my brothers were blinded to the world and thought only of Verdane. My words fell on deaf ears...and I had no choice but to become a traitor to my fatherland. My family died before my eyes. I am not saying that I regret the choice I made. I followed my convictions. Every day, however, I do wonder if there was a path I could have chosen that avoided the worst... One day, you will be confronted by a decision just as difficult as the one I made. When that time comes, let your heart guide your hand. You must follow your own beliefs. Hold fast to your convictions. That is the only way to avoid regret.

Jamke's 5* lvl 40 quote

Like most of the FE4 cast, I find Jamke more interesting in Heroes. Mainly because he didn't had many lines in this game.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

8 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  Hide contents

Like most of the FE4 cast, I find Jamke more interesting in Heroes. Mainly because he didn't had many lines in this game.

Remember, spoiler tags aren't much use without context outside them establishing why they're in the tags. (In this case, datamined dialogue from an unannounced character.)

I'm guessing they'll announce the new banner 4 hours before the daily reset kicks in on the GHB day. If it has a character who I want then I'll spend my orbs on it. If not, I'll try to spend the remaining hours on the legendary banner which should end when the GHB starts

1 hour ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

The only thing bugging me about abyssal is the limited time it's live (next to the boring inflation of stats, but what do I expect? It's not like they can do anything else than Zerg Rush with that AI). Don't give me the urgency of having to clear that crap quickly, thx.

Also, it's kinda sad when, even with bullshit stats like these, one still clears it with a +1 Reinhardt/+1 B!Lyn + 2 dancers. Though, that is only true for Robin atm, didn't attempt a lot of Marth yet.

Also also, atrocious pulls on the legendary banner today. Guess I'm back to my regular bad luck, meaning I'll pull Alfonse in the end with my last orbs, just to add insult to injury.

that wont work on Marth unless you are running a  Cancel Affinity Lyn together with Reinhart. There is a Gronnraven Triangle adept Green mage right at the get go. And even then Lyn will lack the firepower to one shot stuff. I used my recently built +10 Reinhardt and he needed SPD seal and buffs from Regular Marth to quad the Armorer right of the get go with Lancebreaker ¬.¬ (Wary Fighter ahoi) But I guess there is allways a way to do it with rein and blyn and dancers.

Spoiler

So we are still talking about Jamke in spoilers, right? His weapon basically lower's Astra from 4 Cooldown to 3, and Heavy Blade ensures that Jamke charges double on his special against heroes with weaker attack, right?

If that's true, I think I have a plan already how I want to build him. It's not without issues, but it'll be fun.

13 minutes ago, Garlyle said:
  Hide contents

So we are still talking about Jamke in spoilers, right?

Yep. The GHB unit is still unconfirmed and only datamined

So, I'm still struggling with infernal difficulties and I haven't even touched this new abyssal one for that reason. Apparently some players actually steamroll infernal battles though. How do they do that? I can't find any answers for Grima Robin or Marth.

Videos aren't helping so far either, as I don't have all the required pieces.

I admit, there's been one or two infernal battles I've actually steamrolled too (legendary Hector comes to mind). But this is rare for me. How are some players just so good? Is it just whales with teams full of +10 5 star units? I can't do that though...

I'd ignore abyssal if the reward wasn't a gold accessory. Those sound pretty, and I'd love to put the gold goggles on Summer Freddy. And actually be as good as some other players are. I just don't know how. I can't really read AI or anything. I can bait sometimes, but other times the way they move or order their attacks still just throws me off.

All I can see are these:

- They prioritize attacking enemies that can't counter them.
- They also seem to prioritize attacking healers and dancers.
- They also seem to attack units they can do the most damage to regardless of color advantage/disadvantage.

But there's more to it, because small stat and skill differences can affect the way enemies move too. It's this reason alone that sometimes videos don't work for me even if I use the same units.

Enemy dancers make things even worse, though in this case that doesn't apply since these LHBs don't have enemy dancers. I suppose I'm looking for a good teacher here who can show me some more things.

Edited by Anacybele

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Apparently some players actually steamroll infernal battles though. How do they do that? I can't find any answers for Grima Robin or Marth.

Videos aren't helping so far either, as I don't have all the required pieces.

I admit, there's been one or two infernal battles I've actually steamrolled too (legendary Hector comes to mind). But this is rare for me. How are some players just so good? Is it just whales with teams full of +10 5 star units? I can't do that though...

It's all about having the right units with the right skills. The +4 to all stats won't really make much of a difference. Usually overwhelming offensive units like Reinhardt do extremely well, and extremely defensive units who counter kill with QR are sometimes needed. 

4 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

It's all about having the right units with the right skills. The +4 to all stats won't really make much of a difference. Usually overwhelming offensive units like Reinhardt do extremely well, and extremely defensive units who counter kill with QR are sometimes needed. 

Reinhardt isn't helping me at all though. Several things easily one-round him in Grima Robin infernal. And there are so many enemies that it's hard to keep him out of that danger. And I've built up many units with good skillsets already. I already use an extremely defensive Frederick who does have QR, but he still dies too, especially since there are two red mages in this map. So this doesn't help me.