Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

23 minutes ago, Kaden said:

As for other red shenanigans, I like Lani Minella's performance for Mia in Heroes. She makes Mia sound a bit awkward or ditzy and energetic which I feel like it works considering Mia's obsession with becoming stronger probably would make her come off as weird or eccentric to others even though she's nice and not unpleasant to be around. At the same time, she makes Mia sound cheesy and sort of so bad it's good and, I don't know, I like it.

Yeah, I wouldn’t deny the fact that Lani Minella just doesn’t work. Why does Mia have a lisp? However, it’s oddly... charming and makes me chuckle. At least she doesn’t have a generic, forgettable voice I guess.

It’s really a shame though. Lani Minella has a history of being such a tragically miscast VA but she’s honestly so damn talented and she’s been in business for ages now. Yet I feel many people will write her off because of this and claim she’s a terrible VA. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

If that Genealogy GHB is to go any by then Genealogy really will be the next banner.

I bet Julia or Ishtar is going to get an alt in it.

45 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

It’s really a shame though. Lani Minella has a history of being such a tragically miscast VA but she’s honestly so damn talented and she’s been in business for ages now. Yet I feel many people will write her off because of this and claim she’s a terrible VA. 

I wish I knew more about Minella's roles but from what I can tell, yeah that is unfortunately the case.

I like her short performance on Lyn. It's not the best voice for Lyn but I think it would be great voice to use for other older women. I still think she sounds phenomenal Sindel from MK. I don't know why she got replace by Kelly Hu in MK X?

28 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

It will be Ishtar dual wielding Mjölnir and Dire Thunder riding Reinhardt. She will strike thrice per attack.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

It will be (Ishtar dual wielding Mjölnir) and (Dire Thunder riding Reinhardt). She will strike thrice per attack.

My brain grouped those as indicated above and was confused by the last sentence until I realized what you actually meant.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My brain grouped those as indicated above and was confused by the last sentence until I realized what you actually meant.

It would be interesting to see Dire Thunder riding Reinhardt though. Who knew Reinhardt is just a puppet all along, and that the real "person" is actually a book.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

It would be interesting to see Dire Thunder riding Reinhardt though. Who knew Reinhardt is just a puppet all along, and that the real "person" is actually a book.

Jesus, how horrifying  & interesting prospect that would be.

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I think the only unit I might +10 is Pent and Micaiah, but Miccy is rare and Pent might get on the same boat, so I think I'll settle for Cecilia and maybe Rein 

You cannot go wrong with ranged ponies!

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

You can if you care about Arena scoring. I’ve had enough spare Reins (14 4*s of him currently) to +10 him for a good while now but haven’t partly because he’s not one of my waifus of that reason.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

You can if you care about Arena scoring. I’ve had enough spare Reins (14 4*s of him currently) to +10 him for a good while now but haven’t partly because he’s not one of my waifus of that reason.

You can always have a different Arena offense team. Pony defense teams are the best.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

Pony defense teams are the best.

Personally, I like getting defense wins while simultaneously not making my opponents deal with complete cancer. While my dumb themed teams don’t always get even one a week, I feel a lot more satisfied when they do compared to when I was just another piece of shit who’d throw out Brave Lyn + a dancer.

I don't know if this was a quirk that popped up only recently with the new arena changes, but I don't like how when I go from tier 19 to tier 18, they tell me I was demoted from tier 18. Because I was clearly demoted from tier 19 to tier 18.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I was cruelly defeated by a Fury+Vantage Camus. Extra bulk helps. 

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

If that Genealogy GHB is to go any by then Genealogy really will be the next banner.

I wish I knew more about Minella's roles but from what I can tell, yeah that is unfortunately the case.

I like her short performance on Lyn. It's not the best voice for Lyn but I think it would be great voice to use for other older women. I still think she sounds phenomenal Sindel from MK. I don't know why she got replace by Kelly Hu in MK X?

Jamka's gen 1, so it's likely the units will also be Gen 1. Aideen/Adean would be a high probablity because...she the reason Jamka joins you. As far as previous Genealogy GHBs go, the banner always has someone dear to the GHB villain in it. Deidre with Arvis. Ishtar with Julius. So, I would get ready for another gray staff monster. Perhaps Quan will finally joins his frat brothers. 

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't know if this was a quirk that popped up only recently with the new arena changes, but I don't like how when I go from tier 19 to tier 18, they tell me I was demoted from tier 18. Because I was clearly demoted from tier 19 to tier 18.

It is a quirk that popped up only recently with the new arena changes. Probably the same time T21 was introduced.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Meh-meh-meh! Tora not care about Arena. Trying to be on 19.5 means you have to invest on merges, units, orbs, skills and whatnot. I currently jump between Tier 18 and 18 but lol today I was demoted to 17.

29 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Meh-meh-meh! Tora not care about Arena. Trying to be on 19.5 means you have to invest on merges, units, orbs, skills and whatnot. I currently jump between Tier 18 and 18 but lol today I was demoted to 17.

I'll be stuck ping-ponging between 20 and Great Summoner until I merge up units with higher stat totals, and today marked the first time I got to see the crown get kicked off Feh's head. Whether I actually care about becoming a full-time Great Summoner enough to build up a +10 armor or dragon core certainly remains to be seen, though.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Magic really is everything!

18 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'll be stuck ping-ponging between 20 and Great Summoner until I merge up units with higher stat totals, and today marked the first time I got to see the crown get kicked off Feh's head. Whether I actually care about becoming a full-time Great Summoner enough to build up a +10 armor or dragon core certainly remains to be seen, though.

The crown was also knocked off my head as well, but I expected as much. I'm hoping that I can bounce between the ranks for at least a little while. But, yeah, I certainly don't care enough about it to merge up any of the common armor units, and that's especially true given my near complete lack of interest in the ones lurking in the 3*-4* pool. Maybe if Amelia dropped in rarity, I would consider adding her to my list of 5*+10 projects. I'd much rather devote my resources into the characters I actually like.

Well I still jumped to 19 as usual in arena.  Then I'll drop next week, so I can run a 4 healer, 4 dancer or whatever shenanigan team I want.  It is a lot of fun bouncing between 18 and 19 can use a variety of teams.  For awhile you got the max orbs you could, but now the new tier 21 I think gives an extra orb. However it is likely out of reach for many players still, cause this seems like it will be whales only.

28 minutes ago, Astellius said:

The crown was also knocked off my head as well, but I expected as much. I'm hoping that I can bounce between the ranks for at least a little while. But, yeah, I certainly don't care enough about it to merge up any of the common armor units, and that's especially true given my near complete lack of interest in the ones lurking in the 3*-4* pool. Maybe if Amelia dropped in rarity, I would consider adding her to my list of 5*+10 projects. I'd much rather devote my resources into the characters I actually like.

Past Effie and adult Tiki (both of whom I'll likely get to +10 at some point, and I do have the necessary copies for them both), I don't have that much interest in investing in any of the common armors or dragons just for the sake of Arena scoring either. And naturally, there are plenty of 5* exclusive ones that I would invest in if not for their rarity, namely: any Hector, either Grima, Zelgius, F!Kana, Hardin, ToD!Henry, ToD!Jakob, etc.

Spoiler

Damn. Jamke is kinda underwhelming base kit wise. He'd be a great brave archer tho

His kit is Slaying Bow, Astra, Heavy Blade, Cancel Affinity. Heavy Blade is 5* locked

Spoiler

Didn't expect much from Jamke, being a GHB archer and all, but damn he's still disappointing. HB and CB are skills IS still thinks are premium but almost nobody actually wants to bother with. That statline is kinda meh too, and no prf to help it out. Oh well.

Spoiler

Well it is Genealogy so I will still spend (I guess waste) 20K feathers to 5 star him and build him.  I was hoping he get the bow version of nameless blade, slaying wa do bow.  That would make him something.  As is reminds me of Finn, decent good stat line, but nothing to really distinguish him or make him worth using over other archers in the game.  I've been waiting forever to give heavy blade for galeforce Cordelia A slot, but didn't want to sacrifice my ideal IV Ike +1 for it.  Guess she can get it when I have the feathers. 

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:
  Hide contents

Didn't expect much from Jamke, being a GHB archer and all, but damn he's still disappointing. HB and CB are skills IS still thinks are premium but almost nobody actually wants to bother with. That statline is kinda meh too, and no prf to help it out. Oh well.

Spoiler

It is more or less a faithful rendition of his weapon and statline. He has no lore like Karel. No Holy Blood, comes from a plain, "barbarian" country. Has huge strength growth and mediocre growths everywhere else. Slaying Bow is basically the Killer Bow he gets down to a tee. That he has 32 SPD and 29 Def is actually more bulky than his original game form, which more more like Lon' qu. And just like in the game, you, the player, have to invest the Brave Bow to him by pairing him with Adean if you want him to use that instead of the Killer Bow. 

They basically chose to make Ayra the summonable unit and Jamka the GHB unit from that Verdane Ch. 1. Hence, the stark difference in brokeness. 

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre