Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I was hoping to see if the update preview would have dropped today. I'm a big fan of new prf weapons being introduced. Sadly there wasn't anything today so maybe tomorrow

On a side note. Draug is finally +3 after a couple of days worth of omega HM farming. It's ridiculous how much you can earn in a day. Very grindy, but if you have something to watch then it takes away the repetitiveness of it. I was planning to give him Renewal, but that requires five starring Boey. I think I'll wait until next week for that as I'll either summon the legendary banner for blues/colorless or a certain green unit whom I hope appears on the next new heroes banner

Spoiler

Might not happen as Lewyn is much more popular than Lex and I'd hate for them to share colors. I dread the fact that IS might make Lex a TT unit

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Anacybele

I had another idea for building around Corrin without anything else too fancy. With the Def/Res Tactic 3 seals, you can ignore Fortify Fliers in favor of fielding two infantry dancers, further increasing your firepower. It also makes it easier to pile up bonuses on Corrin.

Using this strategy, I was able to beat Grima Abyssal with Nowi, Corrin, regular Azura, and regular Ninian. Like with Infernal, this exact strategy might not work for you, but I bet you can do something similar, since this kind of team has enough power to have a lot of options.

tumblr_pe82peS6Nd1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82pcDHoF1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82pb6rBG1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82p5OWFv1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82pfm7tf1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82p8s3s11rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82h1U40m1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82gvgxVv1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82grX98T1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82h7YlN11rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82haBIDQ1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82gzVkwy1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82gpKtBn1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82gwBwEw1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82h4fRax1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82h5Y0r51rj8duz_540.png

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

@Anacybele

I had another idea for building around Corrin without anything else too fancy. With the Def/Res Tactic 3 seals, you can ignore Fortify Fliers in favor of fielding two infantry dancers, further increasing your firepower. It also makes it easier to pile up bonuses on Corrin.

Using this strategy, I was able to beat Grima Abyssal with Nowi, Corrin, regular Azura, and regular Ninian. Like with Infernal, this exact strategy might not work for you, but I bet you can do something similar, since this kind of team has enough power to have a lot of options.

Hide contents

tumblr_pe82peS6Nd1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82pcDHoF1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82pb6rBG1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82p5OWFv1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82pfm7tf1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82p8s3s11rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82h1U40m1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82gvgxVv1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82grX98T1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82h7YlN11rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82haBIDQ1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82gzVkwy1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82gpKtBn1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82gwBwEw1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82h4fRax1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82h5Y0r51rj8duz_540.png

Okay, thanks, but I'm still struggling to clear infernal... >_< Think this could work there too?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, thanks, but I'm still struggling to clear infernal... >_< Think this could work there too?

Sure. Enemy movements probably won't be exactly the same, but a team like that should be even more effective for Infernal.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Sure. Enemy movements probably won't be exactly the same, but a team like that should be even more effective for Infernal.

Okay. Hope this works, because the videos I've been trying aren't helping enough because something keeps causing one or more enemies to move differently than in said video. First it was the blue manakete, as well as Grima Robin. I solved the issue with the manakete, but when I tried to use another seal on someone else to change Grima Robin's path, the armor then changed course too, ugh. I've tried to improvise, but nothing's worked. So I'm going to try your strat. I have to give Nowi Swordbreaker and Corrin Goad Fliers first though.

Btw, it seems like you skipped at least one part though. There's a screenshot where the blue manakete and sword Pegasus appear, and then the very next shot, they're both gone, without any indication of who killed them and how. Also, Ninian suddenly jumped like four spaces between these two screenshots too.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay. Hope this works, because the videos I've been trying aren't helping enough because something keeps causing one or more enemies to move differently than in said video. First it was the blue manakete, as well as Grima Robin. I solved the issue with the manakete, but when I tried to use another seal on someone else to change Grima Robin's path, the armor then changed course too, ugh. I've tried to improvise, but nothing's worked. So I'm going to try your strat. I have to give Nowi Swordbreaker and Corrin Goad Fliers first though.

Btw, it seems like you skipped at least one part though. There's a screenshot where the blue manakete and sword Pegasus appear, and then the very next shot, they're both gone, without any indication of who killed them and how. Also, Ninian suddenly jumped like four spaces between these two screenshots too.

Swordbreaker and Goad Fliers shouldn't actually do anything here. Nowi only fights the axe armor at the beginning and the axe pegasus at the end, and she doesn't need Goad Fliers for either one. (Killing the axe pegasus without it would be slower, but you have plenty of time by then.)

I generally just took screenshots of the start and end of each turn. Corrin killed the manakete and pegasus and then got danced, that's usually the explanation for enemies disappearing. Ninian and Azura both jump around a lot with Wings of Mercy.

Edited by Othin

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Swordbreaker and Goad Fliers shouldn't actually do anything here. Nowi only fights the axe armor at the beginning and the axe pegasus at the end, and she doesn't need Goad Fliers for either one. (Killing the axe pegasus without it would be slower, but you have plenty of time by then.)

I generally just took screenshots of the start and end of each turn. Corrin killed the manakete and pegasus and then got danced, that's usually the explanation for enemies disappearing. Ninian and Azura both jump around a lot with Wings of Mercy.

Oh, okay, I see then. Saves me a bit of fodder since I only have one spare Palla for Goad Fliers anyway.

Also, speaking of refines, my biggest wish there is Freddy getting his Armored Axe from Warriors! But a lot of you probably knew that. XD I just hope it would actually be worth changing to that weapon over the Slaying Axe I currently have on him.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, okay, I see then. Saves me a bit of fodder since I only have one spare Palla for Goad Fliers anyway.

Also, speaking of refines, my biggest wish there is Freddy getting his Armored Axe from Warriors! But a lot of you probably knew that. XD I just hope it would actually be worth changing to that weapon over the Slaying Axe I currently have on him.

Oh, I did think of one thing that may be an issue. Does your Ninian have Lightning Breath? I'm not sure how things change if she can't counter the mage.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Oh, I did think of one thing that may be an issue. Does your Ninian have Lightning Breath? I'm not sure how things change if she can't counter the mage.

Oh, no, she doesn't. I can give her it though. But only regular Lightning Breath, not LB+.

Honestly the ugly white border on the gold accessories have kinda killed my motivation to beat abyssal. I've gotten pretty close to beating Marth's but I can't really be bothered to make the last push.

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Honestly the ugly white border on the gold accessories have kinda killed my motivation to beat abyssal. I've gotten pretty close to beating Marth's but I can't really be bothered to make the last push.

Huh? What white border? I only see a dark gold border and a yellow glow on them.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, no, she doesn't. I can give her it though. But only regular Lightning Breath, not LB+.

Regular Lightning Breath works fine. I did need at least TA2 for the AI to make the right moves on Turn 2, though. (Having the troubadour go down while the mage attacks Corrin from above, rather than the other way around.) That's one thing where different stats might cause issues, and I don't know a solution for if the troubadour goes up.

With just TA2 and regular Lightning Breath, the mage barely survived Ninian's counter on Turn 3, but that wasn't really an issue for me. It's pretty far away, and I just left her in its range again to finish it off. TA3 might take care of that issue, but that's another place where stat variation could come up.

Skills I cleared it with this time:

tumblr_pe8613C2QZ1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe8611JQT21rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe8614i74A1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe86187VKB1rj8duz_540.png

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Regular Lightning Breath works fine. I did need at least TA2 for the AI to make the right moves on Turn 2, though. (Having the troubadour go down while the mage attacks Corrin from above, rather than the other way around.) That's one thing where different stats might cause issues, and I don't know a solution for if the troubadour goes up.

With just TA2 and regular Lightning Breath, the mage barely survived Ninian's counter on Turn 3, but that wasn't really an issue for me. It's pretty far away, and I just left her in its range again to finish it off. TA3 might take care of that issue, but that's another place where stat variation could come up.

Skills I cleared it with this time:

Hide contents

tumblr_pe8613C2QZ1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe8611JQT21rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe8614i74A1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe86187VKB1rj8duz_540.png

Okay then. Don't worry though, I did give my Ninian T-Adept 3 and Wings of Mercy 3. I don't have all those seals enhanced though, is that a problem...?

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Huh? What white border? I only see a dark gold border and a yellow glow on them.

I think it's the glow. It makes it stand out a little too much, especially on the hairpin, based on the units I've seen in the arena/friends list.

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I think it's the glow. It makes it stand out a little too much, especially on the hairpin, based on the units I've seen in the arena/friends list.

Oh, I see. Well, I still think they're pretty, so I want them. :P Especially the goggles for Summer Freddy. lol

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Okay then. Don't worry though, I did give my Ninian T-Adept 3 and Wings of Mercy 3. I don't have all those seals enhanced though, is that a problem...?

Def Tactic 3 and Res Tactic 3 both being fully enhanced is key to the strategy, since it lets lets Corrin get to full +6/6/6/6 bonuses without Fortify Fliers. With one or both at a lower level, you'll lose a lot of power.

Drive Atk is less significant.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Def Tactic 3 and Res Tactic 3 both being fully enhanced is key to the strategy, since it lets lets Corrin get to full +6/6/6/6 bonuses without Fortify Fliers. With one or both at a lower level, you'll lose a lot of power.

Drive Atk is less significant.

Well, then your strat is useless. I can't enhance them because sacred coins are too hard to get in this game. I never have many and I don't have enough right now.

Thanks a lot for getting my hopes up. I guess there's just FUCKING NOTHING I CAN DO.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm just very upset right now because it seems that every time I think I've found a winning strategy, it doesn't work or I can't use it period.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, then your strat is useless. I can't enhance them because sacred coins are too hard to get in this game. I never have many and I don't have enough right now.

Thanks a lot for getting my hopes up. I guess there's just FUCKING NOTHING I CAN DO.

I've been offering a bunch of ideas in case something works. I did specifically mention the Def/Res Tactic 3 seals as the basis for this strategy.

Setting up a powerful team can take a while. Next time you have enough coins to upgrade a seal and you don't have a pressing need for a different one, consider putting them into a Tactic seal. This kind of setup can be a great help to all sorts of high-power maps.

Over the course of a month, you can get 80 coins from a TT, 135 from Voting Gauntlet quests, 30 from Grand Conquests, and at least 80 from four weeks of Arena/AA. That's enough for two full seal upgrades, so you could get both seals upgraded within the next month. Which, if my speculation is correct, is right when Grima's LHB will roll back around.

Until yesterday, my ultimate team was Elincia/Corrin/Camilla/Azura. I'd send that team into every new Infernal map and usually win. I think the double dancer Tactic strategy I've been suggesting is on at least the same level. Maybe stronger, since I was actually able to clear Grima Abyssal with it. So even if it's not something you can fully assemble just yet, it's something to keep in mind for the future. In the meantime, you should still be able to use Corrin with single dancer Hone/Fortify teams like the one I posted earlier, with Inigo and Gerome.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I've been offering a bunch of ideas in case something works. I did specifically mention the Def/Res Tactic 3 seals as the basis for this strategy.

Setting up a powerful team can take a while. Next time you have enough coins to upgrade a seal and you don't have a pressing need for a different one, consider putting them into a Tactic seal. This kind of setup can be a great help to all sorts of high-power maps.

Over the course of a month, you can get 80 coins from a TT, 135 from Voting Gauntlet quests, 30 from Grand Conquests, and at least 80 from four weeks of Arena/AA. That's enough for two full seal upgrades, so you could get both seals upgraded within the next month. Which, if my speculation is correct, is right when Grima's LHB will roll back around.

Until yesterday, my ultimate team was Elincia/Corrin/Camilla/Azura. I'd send that team into every new Infernal map and usually win. I think the double dancer Tactic strategy I've been suggesting is on at least the same level. Maybe stronger, since I was actually able to clear Grima Abyssal with it. So even if it's not something you can fully assemble just yet, it's something to keep in mind for the future. In the meantime, you should still be able to use Corrin with single dancer Hone/Fortify teams like the one I posted earlier, with Inigo and Gerome.

I don't remember you mentioning that, but if you did, I guess that's my fault for not paying enough attention then.

I don't remember getting any sacred coins from GC, so I have no idea what you're talking about there. And we haven't had a VG in a long time, so that's not been an option. I used the coins I got from the recent TT already, unfortunately. But when I do get more coins, I'll keep those tactic seals in mind.

The idea with Corrin, Inigo, and Gerome though, can you show me that again? I forgot which page it's on.

And I'll never be able to assemble that other team, because I don't have Camilla and I choose not to use any of her versions...

23 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

While I do appreciate the changes to GC scoring, 4 hour rounds were a mistake.

By the third hour no one can play because every territory is knocked out

Yeah, I was afraid that they were asking for trouble by doubling the length of each round and sure enough, I can’t do anything in GC right now either.  I really hope this isn’t going to keep happening otherwise IS has literally succeeded in making this mode unplayable.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I don't remember you mentioning that, but if you did, I guess that's my fault for not paying enough attention then.

I don't remember getting any sacred coins from GC, so I have no idea what you're talking about there. And we haven't had a VG in a long time, so that's not been an option. I used the coins I got from the recent TT already, unfortunately. But when I do get more coins, I'll keep those tactic seals in mind.

The idea with Corrin, Inigo, and Gerome though, can you show me that again? I forgot which page it's on.

And I'll never be able to assemble that other team, because I don't have Camilla and I choose not to use any of her versions...

GC gives coins at most tier rankings. We'll have a TT and a VG over the course of the next month, although you're right that VGs are no longer guaranteed every month.

My Gerome/Inigo Infernal clear is here: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/68256-fire-emblem-heroes-general-discussion-and-links/&page=2211&tab=comments#comment-5295964

I should clarify that I don't think that team would work for Abyssal maps, it's just meant for Infernal ones.

I wasn't suggesting you use Camilla. The teams I was suggesting for you were Nowi/Corrin/Gerome/Inigo (with Gerome and Inigo interchangeable with other Fortify Fliers users and dancers) and, if you get a Tactic setup, Nowi/Corrin/Azura/Ninian (with Azura and Ninian interchangeable with other dancers).

I should also note that the only reason I swapped out Inigo was because I haven't given mine Wings of Mercy, but already had it on Azura and Ninian. It's about the structure, not really individual units.