Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I didn't finish Awakening yet. Is there any hint what Cherches prf could be like? 

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

None at all from Awakening to my knowledge. However, if recent weapons in Heroes are anything to go by, expect it to be effective against armor.

One small thing to note is that this is the axe used by Cherche in her official Awakening artwork and some TCG artwork, but the axe itself is the Awakening depiction of Helswath.

...speaking of which, if we ever get Old Man Hector, can he be given an Armads with the Awakening look?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.77067329a47258b2be97f8ed6cf8597a.png

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

More idle thoughts:

Easy way to make players want to do Arena more: Make a combat manual shop and put Hector in it for like 50,000 Arena medals.

I mean, I'd just build a very strong Advanced team and then auto it.

Arena is pretty easy to cheese for auto-battle when you're deliberately building teams to fight teams weaker than yours. (Horses, high efficiency stat/sp skills, etc.)

Edited by DehNutCase

29 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

/Edit: @Kaden That's what I meant. :-) I'm hoping for something gimmicky though. 

So, I checked the notification board and it's just called Cherche's Axe in English and Cherche's Scary Axe? in Japanese, but the axe's sprite is Awakening's Helswath.

The axe head is the same shape and design and the axe's shaft looks like it has the ribbon thing and blue grip at the end.

Here's Cherche's official art for Awakening. Her Cipher and Heroes art feature her with the same axe, Awakening's Helswath, as well.

Spoiler

FEA_Cherche.png

Man, I was going to build Clair after getting a +Spd, -Def version of her, so not -Atk or -Spd like she usually showed up as, but Cherche is one of my favorite characters in Fire Emblem, so I'm just going to hold off until then. Odin on the other hand, well, he has the SP to learn his new home.

The combat manuals are much appreciated since I end up keeping a ton of units for skill inheritance, but they don't get used since I don't have anyone I want to build at the time or I don't have anyone else to give the skills they have. For example, there's only so many people who can and want to use Iceberg or Glacies, but Fir and Niles are common summons for me.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

One small thing to note is that this is the axe used by Cherche in her official Awakening artwork and some TCG artwork, but the axe itself is the Awakening depiction of Helswath.

Camilla's Axe and Hinoka's Spear in Heroes have the same name and design as their Fates counterparts, but have radically different effects.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

I mean, I'd just build a very strong Advanced team and then auto-it.

Arena is pretty easy to cheese for auto-battle when you're deliberately building teams to fight teams weaker than yours. (Horses, high efficiency stat/sp skill, etc.)

Doesn't matter how you're doing it as long as you're burning your stock of restores and occasionally giving other players defense wins.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Doesn't matter how you're doing it as long as you're burning your stock of restores and occasionally giving other players defense wins.

That's fine, but aren't arena missions more than enough for that?

Like those weekly triple difficulty tier'd missions. I'm sure a lot of people do it all in one day just for convenience, so there'll be a steady drain so long as they run them every week. It's particularly nice since the arena missions usually reward swords, meaning even hoarders don't mind using swords to complete them.

That's fine, but aren't arena missions more than enough for that?

Arena missions (1) give you more restores and (2) aren't incentive enough to burn through 300+ restores.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Camilla's Axe and Hinoka's Spear in Heroes have the same name and design as their Fates counterparts, but have radically different effects.

Yeah, but being Awakening Helswath is about all that can be said right now, and if they wanted to give her Helswath... well, it wouldn't be called Cherche's Axe.

Arena missions (1) give you more restores and (2) aren't incentive enough to burn through 300+ restores.

I see giving more restores as an advantage, tbh. Gating possibly fun things behind limited resources is just annoying. Swords are basically an 'unlimited resource' right now, which is pretty much where I want them.

Regarding burning tons of restores---it's a lot better to burn, say, 6 or so swords every week than 100 swords in a single week, every, say, three months or so. You might burn more swords with the latter but a lot of the defense wins you give out would be wasted on people who already had defense wins.

Cherche's Axe ending up as an axe version of Dauntless Lance could work. Instead of +4 Spd/Def when attacked, +4 Atk/Def would make more sense since Cherche isn't naturally fast unlike Nephenee.

I wonder how an axe version of Winged Sword/Rhomphaia would work, but its unique refinement was Heavy Blade or maybe even Great Flame's defense check to prevent follow-ups?

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

So it could be a Def boost, anti-Armor effect or something totally different. Perhaps a Steady Breath effect like Summer's Breath? 

I'm personally expecting armor effectiveness and maybe something additional as its base effect and an effect that guarantees a follow-up attack at high HP as its refine (maybe similar to Siegmund).

I see giving more restores as an advantage, tbh. Gating possibly fun things behind limited resources is just annoying. Swords are basically an 'unlimited resource' right now, which is pretty much where I want them.

Arena restores are not a resource anymore because they're effectively infinite for most players and therefore serve no function. That's a complete failure in design.

Arena restores are not a resource anymore because they're effectively infinite for most players and therefore serve no function. That's a complete failure in design.

I mean, I would've preferred arena matches to be unlimited to begin with. Arena Assault is free, and that's how arena should've been.

I guess they were worried that people would just farm it all day for exp and SP, but we already have ways to do that, now.

Cherche's Axe should have a hidden effect that grants Minerva +10 Atk/Spd/Def/Res and +2 special charge and lets Cherche warp to wherever Minerva is on the map. S-supporting them should just let Minerva one-shot everything and grant her +2 movement and +1 range. :p

Edited by Kaden

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm personally expecting armor effectiveness and maybe something additional as its base effect and an effect that guarantees a follow-up attack at high HP as its refine (maybe similar to Siegmund).

Guaranteed follow up would be great. I could keep Heavy Blade on her and have the seal or A slot free. 

Anti-movement type effect wouldn't be that great anymore for Arena, forgot core units have to babysit now. 

28 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Speaking of updates, did they mention anything about fixing the skill deleting glitch?

I was thinking the same thing, at least they could compensate lost skills with combat manuals. 

29 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I wonder how an axe version of Winged Sword/Rhomphaia would work, but its unique refinement was Heavy Blade or maybe even Great Flame's defense check to prevent follow-ups?

I would bite myself for not keeping the +SPD copy of Cherche if she get's build-in Flashing Blade. Heavy Blade effect would make more sense and would be awesome for my purposes. 

So according to this reddit post, you can potentially have more merges for TT & GHB units? I'm not sure if I'm even said that correctly.

Link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9bhkbr/combat_manuals_is_bigger_than_you_think/

Edited by Zangetsu

25 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So according to this reddit post, you can potentially have more merges for TT & GHB units? I'm not sure if I'm even said that correctly.

Link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9bhkbr/combat_manuals_is_bigger_than_you_think/

I literally covered every single point on that list other than the skill glitch within the past page or two.

And the obvious solution to the skill glitch is to simply restore the skills on the affected units, not the roundabout method of returning them as books.

35 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

@mampfoidIm expecting Nephenee's weapon except with Sturdy Stance as the special refine

Sounds realistic ... and not exactly exciting (for me at least). 

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I want Cherche still to stay offensively focused even with her new weapon.

Her vanilla weapon isn't specifically offensive. An improved Brave Axe would be cool though.  Or Firesweep Axe. 

• No more RD feather farming after this week? Better crank out the HM in the next couple of days.
  • The book feature seems interesting, not entirely sure what does it mean.
  • Cherche getting a personal weapon is sweet. A super hammer that can null armor fighter skills I would pefer.
  • Celica and Odin are getting some love. No idea what they will get.
Edited by Jingle Jangle

HOLY SHIT THIS UPDATE IS GOING TO BE GREAT!

With the Combat Books, I can clear like 300+ spot in my barracks, maybe more.

Cherche and Celica are both getting shiny new toys to play with and I just so happen to have +10'ed both of them.

I expect Cherche's Axe to be a 16 MT Hammer with a Heavy Blade unique refinement. Best case scenario would be if it is both armor and cavalry effective like the Wing Sword and Rhomphaia with a Heavy Blade refinement. Built in Breath or Stance would be cool too, but I don't see that happening. Although, there is a high probability that it will have a similar effect as Camilla's Axe and Hinoka's Spear. Which would be cool as well. I just hope whatever it is my +Atk/-Spd nature will be ideal for her.

Ragnarok couldn't possibly get Double Lion could it? That would be so brokenly over-powered. It would be great.

Odin's tome would have to have a -blade effect to be worthwhile. I can't imagine anything that could fix his Atk better than that. So, a 14 Mt -Blade tome with built in Odd/Even Atk and Spd wave? That would actually be pretty good for him. Not just for dealing damage but providing support as well.

3 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Speaking of updates, did they mention anything about fixing the skill deleting glitch?

No, which is rather disappointing.