Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

. . . I am not sure if I should be proud or ashamed. I ended up spending the last 2 hours beating my head on Robin's Abyssal. And somehow or other I did it. I have Gold Swimming Googles! They better be solid gold and not just gold plated!

Team:
Mage Eirika+1 +ATK/-RES - Gleipnir/Repo/Miracle/Swift Sparrow/Desperation/Hone Cavalry/Savage Blow - I actually kinda miss my +SPD one. It was a bit tricky getting it so that Robin wouldn't double her. Obviously I smacked units near Robin as often as I could in order to chip her down a bit. Could have gone double savage. But Lyn really needed that hone every now and then.
Brave Lyn +1 Neutral - Brave Bow/Repo/Moonbow/Swift Sparrow/Desperation/Hone Cavlry/Speed+3 - Saw a guide indicating that she can kill the green flyer first turn. But needs 40 speed. I tried Life and Death but kept hitting spots where she would fall. So I went with swift and +1. I have pulled a total of 3 of her. But I was saving the rest for Swift Sparrow fodder. So now I am down one fodder, but up one set of goggles. Not sure if that was a good trade, but whatever.
Ninian +1 +SPD/-RES - Lightning Breath(+SPD)/Dance/Luna/Fury/WoM/Threaten Defense 2/Distant Defense - For some stupid reason when I was running her with flying Azura she had no issue baiting and dealing with that red mage. But when I switched my second dancer she suddenly was failing the kill by just a tad. No idea why. Well it wasn't like Ninian's C was seeing much use anyways.
Dancing Xander +DEF/-ATK -  Dusk Uchiwa/Dance/Bonfire/Close Counter/WoM/Odd Def Wave/Drive ATK - Apparently this guy was the key. No idea why. But once I swapped him in things just started falling in place. I think it was cause I could leave him in range of the archer. My other dancers all had to be moved out of that guy's way which screwed with my positioning. By the way I am glad mine is +DEF. He survived that double with 4 HP left.

And before anyone asks each and very merge those units had was absolutely necessary. Lyn I already mentioned. But Ninian needs 43 speed. And mine just hits that. Eirika. . . she might be able to get away with it. I needed it with my first attempts at using her, but I am not sure how important it was in the end. The trick was to use Eirika to chip and then miracle chip Robin down. Then Brave Lyn would come in and moonbow the rest of Robin's HP away. It had to be moonbow, the 3 turn specials weren't lining up right so I kept having a Robin alone who I couldn't quite kill. Ninian's Threaten actually helped here since it meant that Lyn didn't need both hone and drive to punch through Robin. My win attempt had Eirika split up after her miracle blast. So threaten saved a few turns.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Usana said:

. . . I am not sure if I should be proud or ashamed. I ended up spending the last 2 hours beating my head on Robin's Abyssal. And somehow or other I did it. I have Gold Swimming Googles! They better be solid gold and not just gold plated!

Team:
Mage Eirika+1 +ATK/-RES - Gleipnir/Repo/Miracle/Swift Sparrow/Desperation/Hone Cavalry/Savage Blow - I actually kinda miss my +SPD one. It was a bit tricky getting it so that Robin wouldn't double her. Obviously I smacked units near Robin as often as I could in order to chip her down a bit. Could have gone double savage. But Lyn really needed that hone every now and then.
Brave Lyn +1 Neutral - Brave Bow/Repo/Moonbow/Swift Sparrow/Desperation/Hone Cavlry/Speed+3 - Saw a guide indicating that she can kill the green flyer first turn. But needs 40 speed. I tried Life and Death but kept hitting spots where she would fall. So I went with swift and +1. I have pulled a total of 3 of her. But I was saving the rest for Swift Sparrow fodder. So now I am down one fodder, but up one set of goggles. Not sure if that was a good trade, but whatever.
Ninian +1 +SPD/-RES - Lightning Breath(+SPD)/Dance/Luna/Fury/WoM/Threaten Defense 2/Distant Defense - For some stupid reason when I was running her with flying Azura she had no issue baiting and dealing with that red mage. But when I switched my second dancer she suddenly was failing the kill by just a tad. No idea why. Well it wasn't like Ninian's C was seeing much use anyways.
Dancing Xander +DEF/-ATK -  Dusk Uchiwa/Dance/Bonfire/Close Counter/WoM/Odd Def Wave/Drive ATK - Apparently this guy was the key. No idea why. But once I swapped him in things just started falling in place. I think it was cause I could leave him in range of the archer. My other dancers all had to be moved out of that guy's way which screwed with my positioning. By the way I am glad mine is +DEF. He survived that double with 4 HP left.

And before anyone asks each and very merge those units had was absolutely necessary. Lyn I already mentioned. But Ninian needs 43 speed. And mine just hits that. Eirika. . . she might be able to get away with it. I needed it with my first attempts at using her, but I am not sure how important it was in the end. The trick was to use Eirika to chip and then miracle chip Robin down. Then Brave Lyn would come in and moonbow the rest of Robin's HP away. It had to be moonbow, the 3 turn specials weren't lining up right so I kept having a Robin alone who I couldn't quite kill. Ninian's Threaten actually helped here since it meant that Lyn didn't need both hone and drive to punch through Robin. My win attempt had Eirika split up after her miracle blast. So threaten saved a few turns.

Congrats!! 
I <3 my Magic Erika. I don't even remember what Banner i got her in, but i am gonna be so sad when she's maxed out because she needs help.

I know that feeling when you beat a hard level. my team  basically are still babies so i can handle maybe Lunatic sometimes. I was so happy when I got 4* Clarisse :) 

Do you guys have any "low tier" merge projects either in the works or finished? I was thinking of either Felicia or Oboro. The former I have four of with the best nature being -HP +Atk, and and only one of the latter which is -HP +Res. I was thinking of turning Oboro into a DC unit with a DD seal, but that's a pretty expensive investment, so how good would a Felicia be?

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Do you guys have any "low tier" merge projects either in the works or finished? I was thinking of either Felicia or Oboro. The former I have four of with the best nature being -HP +Atk, and and only one of the latter which is -HP +Res. I was thinking of turning Oboro into a DC unit with a DD seal, but that's a pretty expensive investment, so how good would a Felicia be?

The moment I pull a 2nd Lon'qu, I will be on it.

He will show up eventually.

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

The moment I pull a 2nd Lon'qu, I will be on it.

He will show up eventually.

I've had a +Atk -Res one waiting as a four star since I began playing, and I don't think I've sacked him off for Vantage yet. 

One day he'll get his refine.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

God, between getting addicted to a new game AND starting work, FEH has become the absolute last thought in my mind, and now I have all of two hours to clear the August 10th stratum quests...

Or you could just not do that, if it's more trouble than it's worth.

Took me a while to convince myself that that was an option, but I'm glad I did.

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

I've had a +Atk -Res one waiting as a four star since I began playing, and I don't think I've sacked him off for Vantage yet. 

One day he'll get his refine.

Just biding my time till it happens

Oboro is a pretty good versatile unit. I'm running mine with +def -res slaying lance def refine bonfire as a tank for anything physical, but I've also seen really fun DC mage tank Oboro builds too. Although distant defense would be really good on her, you may also want Berkut's Lance if you have any of those left.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But the orbs.

Personally, I've been reconsidering how much orbs are worth.

Like, from a year and a half of playing, I've gotten 171 unique 5* units so far, and it's easy enough to keep getting more. How much unwanted grinding do I want to put into scrounging up the 4-5 orb cost of a single summon?

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Personally, I've been reconsidering how much orbs are worth.

Like, from a year and a half of playing, I've gotten 171 unique 5* units so far, and it's easy enough to keep getting more. How much unwanted grinding do I want to put into scrounging up the 4-5 orb cost of a single summon?

Not just summoning, but barrack expansions to. I personally am only hovering at 565 allowed space, though I imagine the upcoming Combat Manuals will more or less trivialize barrack space if you aren't someone who keeps 2 or 4 of one 5* unit around for multiple builds...

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Not just summoning, but barrack expansions to. I personally am only hovering at 565 allowed space, though I imagine the upcoming Combat Manuals will more or less trivialize barrack space if you aren't someone who keeps 2 or 4 of one 5* unit around for multiple builds...

Yeah, I recently bumped mine up to 710 but with manuals, I don't think I'll need to stay above like 400 anytime soon.

41 minutes ago, Thane said:

Yup. 
I have 2 Jakobs
2 Gold ishtars and 2 Old Mias
2 Clarisse. 
3 M Morgans (one is a Goldstar, so i am training the 2 silvers)
3 Felicias
4 Lianas
and 5 Eliwoods and 5 Caedas

(I would have had 5 Marias but i sent 4 back. i didn't realise i could make an uber unit)  

Alright, completed both Marth Abyssal and Grima Abyssal. Marth was solved by my standard flier emblem, only with Elincia over S!Corrin/S!Camilla. Grima was a lot trickier, but I did complete it with Flying Azura, Su!Camilla, H!Nowi, and Sp!Camilla

I've never upgraded the barracks and I've never hit my limit either.

I guess I don't hold onto my units if I don't need them.

56 minutes ago, Thane said:

Felica's pretty nice from what I've seen. I'm waiting for a +atk -def one myself and going for the same staple build as Tybrosion's posted. Don't think I'll take her to +10, though, since Kagero is currently my colorless merge project for now. Though my failure so far to get a spare Spring Kagero for Lethal Carrot SI has kind of foiled my plans.

55 minutes ago, Thane said:

A variety of ways to build Felicia, though I highly recommend using two ploys with her (I'm assuming you probably have a 4* Saias or Julius to spare). Without Windsweep, she's at risk fighting against most high-end armor units, so having Ploys will allow her to contribute against those kinds of threats. She pairs really well with Fjorm due to the Atk/Spd boosts she can get from her, and Fjorm's rounded stats fare much better if Felicia can debuff enemies. Generally, for skills, you'd want to consider the following possibilities for whatever situations you have in mind for her and make a match based on that:

• Stats: +Atk, +Spd, or +Res / always -Def
  • Weapon: Felicia's Plate (refined to Special, Spd, or Res)
  • Special: Iceberg, Glacies, Glimmer, Aether, Blazing Wind
  • A Skill: Fury, Distant Def, Atk/Res or Atk/Spd Bonds, Deathblow, Swift Sparrow, Flashing Blade
  • B Skill: Desperation, Windsweep, Guard, Renewal, Cancel Affinity
  • C Skill: Ploys (especially Atk and Spd), Atk or Spd Smoke, any buffs
  • Seal: Ploys, Atk or Spd Smoke, Flashing Blade, Distant Def, any buffs

Mine is +Spd/-Def with special refined Plate, Glacies, Distant Def, varying B skills by situation, and Atk + Spd Ploys

Thanks a lot for all the tips, chaps! It's too bad I don't have an ideal nature to start with though, neither for Oboro nor Felicia, but I guess one will hopefully show up. 

I've only got 260k feathers after upgrading the Askr trio today, too, and I'm considering turning my Tiki into a +10 as well, but I've yet to decide if I want to turn her into a mixed tank.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

But the orbs.

This is the great trap/evil of freemium games.  The daily log ins, the daily quests (in some), limited time quests.  All these things essentially force one to play or they feel as they are 'missing out'  and won't be able to keep up, etc.  It becomes like a job/chore in a way at least on days/times when one does not feel like playing.  They rob people of their lives.  

The manuals are a godsend, I've never expanded my barracks and sent home so many units I wouldn't if I had infinite space.  Now my 20 Lon qu can be turned into vantage manuals instead of hogging space, along with all the Odin/Palla moonbow fodder, essentially any unit that is only in your barracks as fodder.  This is one of the best changes ever.

I have built and use Celica as well as Cherche, so I will be investing into both refines if they are good/worthwhile.  Hoping Celica is built in Heavy blade and only lose 1 HP after combat, maybe  +10/+10 instead of +5/+5?  Nah that might be too much.  Hope it is exciting and at least makes her a super monster on that first combat.  For Cherche hoping it is an upgraded version of Brave axe like Amiti.  Or perhaps a powerful niche axe like guaranteed double/brave effect 16MT armor effective weapon.  

Marth's dragon super breath/double/no follow up is really unfair.  Dragons better get a shield soon.  I guess dragons get a lot of complaint cause unlike armors they aren't just in high tiers but everywhere.  However they are so easy to battle if one uses the weapon triangle, I guess with Marth you can mostly ignore that.