Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Oh man, both Celica and Cherche getting upgrades?!?! I thought we had a few months before Celica would get hers (since people like Tana and Innes need it more desperately) and I wasn't expecting Cherche at all so this is super exciting!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

No idea what it's called in English, but Cherche's weapon in Japanese translates as "Cherche's Scary Axe".

Inb4 Axe Amiti (make IT happen, IS).

Funny how last night I was just thinking about what kind of effect Odin's tome would get if he got a weapon refinement. Probably overkill but I was thinking they can give his tome the blade tome effect + targeting the lower of the 2 defenses. Won't happen but it was just for fun.

I see what they did there for Cherche's new axe: 恐怖 & 恐斧. Assuming that 恐斧 is on-yomi, both of them are pronounced kyofu so her new axe(恐斧/scary axe) is a word play on 恐怖(fear, dread).

It's probably because I've been in a bad mood recently but these mishaps are starting to become annoying. Did someone get replaced or something?

I have to say I am looking forward to Odin and Cherche's refines and I am hoping this will make me want to promote Odin since I have a +atk 4* version just waiting for a reason.  Cherche I have at 5*, but I rarely use her since I have other ax fliers that have refinements so hopefully this will make me use her more. 

Cherche is getting a refine while Frederick still isn't... :(

Guess I continue to wait there... But Odin getting one was definitely needed for him, and can't wait to see what Celica gets since I use her.

I’m looking forward to Celica’s refine and to a lesser extent Cherche’s weapon/refine. Celica remains the only 5* locked unit I +10ed so she’s very important to me.

I’m also pleased to see the new feature for turning units into guides. A way to free up space in my barracks is always welcome.

By the way, concerning the SI glitch, it’s getting fixed up. Sagemaster (Heroes youtuber) actually covered this in a video. No need to fear!

43 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Glad to hear it's getting fixed! Can't wait to see what compensation we're getting for this. It's probably going to be big.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up, unfortunately. From the sound of it, only the people directly affected by the glitch will receive compensation, which while pretty disappointing makes sense to a degree. Trust me, I don’t want it to be the case either, but it doesn’t look like they’re going to be generous this time.

Since it's a pretty major glitch but also pretty rare, maybe IS would rather just not tell people about it and deal with it quietly on a case by case basis. They could think issuing a warning would just spook people from playing the game or make them look bad for having such a problem around in the first place.

55 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I wouldn’t get your hopes up, unfortunately. From the sound of it, only the people directly affected by the glitch will receive compensation, which while pretty disappointing makes sense to a degree. Trust me, I don’t want it to be the case either, but it doesn’t look like they’re going to be generous this time.

Really? But they've given out compensation orbs for more minor glitches. :/

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Can someone explain what the Skill glitch was? I don't think I've ever had any issues Inheriting Skills, I hope I didn't overlook something >.>

What happened was (in vet rare cases) if you had a skill on a unit that isn’t native to them such as Vantage on Lyn, but then you replaced the skill with another one or even simply removed it, it was gone for good. Only the native skills are visible and could be learned. 

@Anacybele It does seem odd that they wouldn’t give orbs for arguably the most severe glitch, but I’m basing from what I heard on the video. He could be mistaken though.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

20 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

It does seem odd that they wouldn’t give orbs for arguably the most severe glitch, but I’m basing from what I heard on the video. He could be mistaken though.

Yeah, and besides, many people were afraid to use SI anyway. But I see.

46 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

What happened was (in vet rare cases) if you had a skill on a unit that isn’t native to them such as Vantage on Lyn, but then you replaced the skill with another one or even simply removed it, it was gone for good. Only the native skills are visible and could be learned. 

@Anacybele It does seem odd that they wouldn’t give orbs for arguably the most severe glitch, but I’m basing from what I heard on the video. He could be mistaken though.

Damn, that's pretty bad~ They should hopefully at least compensate those who were affected~

17 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Is there an easy to check if I'm affected? Because screw going through all 170+ units that I use just to see if any of them are missing essential skills...

Think of it this way:

It was back in the early days of people hacking before SI when units have things equipped that they shouldn't have. As in the skill is equipped but doesn't appear in the unit's learned skills.

The second you replaced the skill it's gone.

Good gosh i never knew Breath of Life 2 from a 3 star Felicia would be so CRITICAL to Rein and co. beating up Abyssal Robin without merges.

Combat Manuals? Yay, I can clear a lot of space in my barracks.

@ Cherche, Odin and Celica’s refines: Meh. I don’t use them. Still, it’s nice to see that the developers remembered Odin. 

I know I'm very late for this, but ...

Playing the newest Tactic drills with L!Marth I realized: His B skill is not only a breaker without HP requirement for all colors of that weapon (dragon stone), but dragons can't counter at all - never! 

Sure I haven't read the skill description good enough before, but now I'm pretty shocked by this degree of unnecessary, one-dimensional dragon nerfing. 

I mean everybody waiting for a dragon breaker (me too) would have been content with a simple breaker and positively surprised by the lack of HP requirement. But Supersweep on top? Even Firesweep takes EP away to compensate for it's power. 

I would be seriously sad if they added similar skills against other weapon types or even movement types. Imagine a Flyer super-breaker ... 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I would be seriously sad if they added similar skills against other weapon types or even movement types. Imagine a Flyer super-breaker ... 

Maybe against Horses again because we all hate horses and IS agrees apparently (said no one ever), perhaps against Armors once they stop making every overpowered Armor possible, but not against Fliers I can't imagine. I've not heard many complaints about fliers being the overpowered ones...

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Maybe against Horses again because we all hate horses and IS agrees apparently (said no one ever), perhaps against Armors once they stop making every overpowered Armor possible, but not against Fliers I can't imagine. I've not heard many complaints about fliers being the overpowered ones...

Seems a lot of people have complained too much against dragons then. I mentioned fliers because I use them most of the time (less than some months ago though), while Cavs would be the most likely target for the next "breaker" indeed. 

42 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I know I'm very late for this, but ...

Playing the newest Tactic drills with L!Marth I realized: His B skill is not only a breaker without HP requirement for all colors of that weapon (dragon stone), but dragons can't counter at all - never! 

Sure I haven't read the skill description good enough before, but now I'm pretty shocked by this degree of unnecessary, one-dimensional dragon nerfing. 

I mean everybody waiting for a dragon breaker (me too) would have been content with a simple breaker and positively surprised by the lack of HP requirement. But Supersweep on top? Even Firesweep takes EP away to compensate for it's power. 

Too bad Triangle Adept Nowi still one-hit kills Marth when she initiates and Marth's HP is too low to block a Panic Ploy (even from Corrin).

And Marth can't actually do much damage to Triangle Adept Nowi to begin with without buffs.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Too bad Triangle Adept Nowi still one-hit kills Marth when she initiates and Marth's HP is too low to block a Panic Ploy (even from Corrin).

And Marth can't actually do much damage to Triangle Adept Nowi to begin with without buffs.

Good there is still a way to overcome that skill set with dragons. Would you normally run TA on your blue dragons? 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Good there is still a way to overcome that skill set with dragons. Would you normally run TA on your blue dragons? 

I still run Triangle Adept on Nowi and Fae. Nowi is pretty much permanently stuck with Triangle Adept so that she can deal with Falchions for the team.