Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

It is sort of a bragging right that you completed this deadly inhumane challenge, using a guide defeats the purpose.  

Some people are indifferent about the bragging rights and just want the googles because they're bling bling gold goggles of bling.

And they're not wrong for doing so.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Yeah, for the really hard challenges it's more of a collection thing for me as I'm not even close to completing these on my own. I do try them on my own at first. If I get somewhat close, then I'll attempt to work it out. Otherwise, it's find a solution, collect the reward, and move on. A lot of times I have to improvise even with a guide because different IVs or merges can change the  enemy movement dramatically.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, this was all a waste. I keep trying, but I still can't win infernal. You gave me bad advice. Got any other ideas? And one that won't waste so many feathers? I can't upgrade anymore units to 5 star right now anyway.

You're jumping to conclusions too fast again. Who are her teammates, which Infernal maps are you trying, and what strategies are you using? Blade tome fliers are an incredibly powerful tool, but it takes time to get a feel for how to get the most use out of them.

I'm guessing you're trying mostly with full flier teams right now. An alternative that's also worth trying is to use just three fliers (Corrin, a Hone Fliers user, and a Fortify Fliers user) plus an infantry dancer. I used that setup occasionally before I got NY Azura.

I want to reiterate that I wasn't promising any immediate ability to do high-level clears. This is a step to building a high-power team in the long term. What I said is that if you give blade tomes to both Corrin and Nowi, you can make a flier team on the level that mine was about a year ago. That team was able to smash through 2017's Infernal maps with ease, but I'm not sure how well it would have held up against 2018 ones without a flying dancer.

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

You're jumping to conclusions too fast again. Who are her teammates, which Infernal maps are you trying, and what strategies are you using? Blade tome fliers are an incredibly powerful tool, but it takes time to get a feel for how to get the most use out of them.

I'm guessing you're trying mostly with full flier teams right now. An alternative that's also worth trying is to use just three fliers (Corrin, a Hone Fliers user, and a Fortify Fliers user) plus an infantry dancer. I used that setup occasionally before I got NY Azura.

I want to reiterate that I wasn't promising any immediate ability to do high-level clears. This is a step to building a high-power team in the long term. What I said is that if you give blade tomes to both Corrin and Nowi, you can make a flier team on the level that mine was about a year ago. That team was able to smash through 2017's Infernal maps with ease, but I'm not sure how well it would have held up against 2018 ones without a flying dancer.

No way man, it's all a waste. Bad advice. lol.

I've been trying Grima's abyssal map for a while with no success. I got really close once but my Nowi had taken too much damage and couldn't tank Grima's attack. This map sucks with the enemy spawning in all 4 corners. It is way too hard to keep them from overwhelming you.

Oh, if I give Leon Lancebreaker 3 he might be able to ORKO those lance fliers with Iotes shield...

I don't want to, but I might just have to cheese it with a blade tome user and emblem buffs.

Well, so much for that guide. My Reinhardt can’t double the knight, so the whole setup falls apart. So disappointing. I don’t care about missing the seashell that much, I guess.

@Anacybele

Here's a Grima Infernal clear I just did with my Corrin accompanied by the Nowi, Gerome, and Inigo I had on hand, since I know those are all units you have. Your units don't have all the same stats and skills, so this exact clear probably won't work for you, but it's a demonstration of the sort of thing Summer Corrin can accomplish.

tumblr_pe75i6ozyh1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75i5id531rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75i8y1cV1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75i3Tv1z1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75e7D8yJ1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75i1gtG11rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75e5rzwO1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75e0wMDb1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75dzFYPE1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75ecAlpk1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75e24Gq31rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75e3tSyz1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75e8sQL01rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75eacvWu1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75ee5ksa1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75fbUcZv1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75f5Tef41rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75f79mco1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75fd3QYK1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75fgODGz1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75f9mydG1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75exhrQN1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75f2NW1E1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75ezbdAA1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75f4Gko61rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75gjnIkr1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75g9ZQTC1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75glko4F1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75gn5aOi1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75giYkHo1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75gb5vWc1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75geygT01rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75ggTQAq1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75gdoYFu1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75gqStDU1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75i9vBQt1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75hyTz5u1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75i44Y4o1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75i1pHV11rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75iaylom1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75hpf9Rv1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75hrbtJd1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75hwV1yY1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75hux8gV1rj8duz_540.png

43 minutes ago, Othin said:

@Anacybele

Here's a Grima Infernal clear I just did with my Corrin accompanied by the Nowi, Gerome, and Inigo I had on hand, since I know those are all units you have. Your units don't have all the same stats and skills, so this exact clear probably won't work for you, but it's a demonstration of the sort of thing Summer Corrin can accomplish.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_pe75i6ozyh1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75i5id531rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75i8y1cV1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75i3Tv1z1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75e7D8yJ1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75i1gtG11rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75e5rzwO1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75e0wMDb1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75dzFYPE1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75ecAlpk1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75e24Gq31rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75e3tSyz1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75e8sQL01rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75eacvWu1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75ee5ksa1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75fbUcZv1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75f5Tef41rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75f79mco1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75fd3QYK1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75fgODGz1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75f9mydG1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75exhrQN1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75f2NW1E1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75ezbdAA1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75f4Gko61rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75gjnIkr1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75g9ZQTC1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75glko4F1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75gn5aOi1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75giYkHo1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75gb5vWc1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75geygT01rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75ggTQAq1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75gdoYFu1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75gqStDU1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75i9vBQt1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75hyTz5u1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75i44Y4o1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75i1pHV11rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75iaylom1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75hpf9Rv1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75hrbtJd1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe75hwV1yY1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe75hux8gV1rj8duz_540.png

If the exact clear won't work for me, it won't work at all even with improvisation. I've been trying to do this with videos I see online, and nothing works. I don't understand why. This is the first time I've literally been unable to find any answer at all no matter what I do. Even if I use the exact same units with the exact same skills, one enemy moves different for some reason and renders the video's strategy undoable.

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

My Reinhardt can’t double the knight

Y'all need to stop giving Reinhardt -Spd!

Mine is -HP, and he can quad attack armor units no problemo. He is +10 though, so that might be a factor too.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Even if I use the exact same units with the exact same skills, one enemy moves different for some reason and renders the video's strategy undoable.

If this happens, figure out which unit of yours that enemy is after. It usually means that your defensive stats are slightly different enough that a different unit of yours will end up taking the most damage from the enemy.

Once you figure that out, try dropping a Defense+ or Resistance+ Sacred Seal on that character to change which of your units will take more damage.

The art of using guide videos with slightly different units is exactly this. If the AI moves differently, figure out why and see if you can make a change that will correct it. If it's because one of your units has -Def and therefore takes more damage, put a Defense+ Sacred Seal on them. If it's because one of your units has +Atk and would kill the enemy in one round when it shouldn't, try Fortress Def.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If this happens, figure out which unit of yours that enemy is after. It usually means that your defensive stats are slightly different enough that a different unit of yours will end up taking the most damage from the enemy.

Once you figure that out, try dropping a Defense+ or Resistance+ Sacred Seal on that character to change which of your units will take more damage.

The art of using guide videos with slightly different units is exactly this. If the AI moves differently, figure out why and see if you can make a change that will correct it. If it's because one of your units has -Def and therefore takes more damage, put a Defense+ Sacred Seal on them. If it's because one of your units has +Atk and would kill the enemy in one round when it shouldn't, try Fortress Def.

Hmm... Yeah, this could be the problem. I'll have to look into it. Thanks, Ice Dragon.

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If the exact clear won't work for me, it won't work at all even with improvisation. I've been trying to do this with videos I see online, and nothing works. I don't understand why. This is the first time I've literally been unable to find any answer at all no matter what I do. Even if I use the exact same units with the exact same skills, one enemy moves different for some reason and renders the video's strategy undoable.

My reason for posting that wasn't the individual clear at all. It's to demonstrate the power of the unit you just built, and the sorts of teams and tactics that help her shine. In particular, methods for using a dancer and other assist skills for hit-and-run strategies to obliterate enemy units on the player phase, then get back to safety and in range of the Hone/Fortify bonuses she needs to keep it up.

I'm sure you have the tools to do something along those lines to clear Infernal maps, whatever it is.

24 minutes ago, Othin said:

My reason for posting that wasn't the individual clear at all. It's to demonstrate the power of the unit you just built, and the sorts of teams and tactics that help her shine. In particular, methods for using a dancer and other assist skills for hit-and-run strategies to obliterate enemy units on the player phase, then get back to safety and in range of the Hone/Fortify bonuses she needs to keep it up.

I'm sure you have the tools to do something along those lines to clear Infernal maps, whatever it is.

Yeah, I get that too. That IS some power there. I'll have to keep that in mind and do my best to get good at those blade tome shenanigans.

qJBa5ZOl.png?1

Screw you F!Grima, and freaking stay dead this time. 

So after struggling in the abyss with this team for hours, it turned out all that needed to happen was that a Cecilia needed to die. As in, Escape Route instead of Wings of Mercy on PA!Azura made all the difference in the world. And this really better be the last time I have to see this map, as my first Infernal clear was also a giant pain-in-the-ass. As for who the spoils of this war went to:

Spoiler

sv2gSmN.png

I felt that she deserved it.

@Anacybele Not sure who you picked for CYL2, but if you picked AOTB!Veronica, PhoenixMaster1 just released a low investment guide for HK!Marth's Abyssal. If you picked someone else though, then you may have to wait for another guide though.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

@Anacybele Not sure who you picked for CYL2, but if you picked AOTB!Veronica, PhoenixMaster1 just released a low investment guide for HK!Marth's Abyssal. If you picked someone else though, then you may have to wait for another guide though.

I definitely did not pick her. Don't like her and didn't need her since I have other horse healers. Not everyone picked her, so why couldn't there be guides for those who picked the other three as well?

Also, @Ice Dragon Throwing stat seals on my units only caused other enemy units to move differently instead. It didn't work.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I definitely did not pick her. Don't like her and didn't need her since I have other horse healers. Not everyone picked her, so why couldn't there be guides for those who picked the other three as well?

You will just have to wait a little longer for someone else to come up with something, hopefully not too long. Most people pick ranged ponies because they are easy to use. For AOTB!Veronica specifically, people pick her because she can do stuff that other healers cannot easily do.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

You will just have to wait a little longer for someone else to come up with something, hopefully not too long. Most people pick ranged ponies because they are easy to use. For AOTB!Veronica specifically, people pick her because she can do stuff that other healers cannot easily do.

Well, I hope not too long then, because these LHB battles will be gone in a week. I just figured more people would pick Ephraim or Hector because armors get better arena scoring, plus both look ridiculously good. Veronica and Celica aren't bad, but Celica doesn't really have a unique niche and Veronica, being on a horse, would have lower BST and lower arena scoring potential, I'd think.

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just figured more people would pick Ephraim or Hector because armors get better arena scoring, plus both look ridiculously good.

Armor units only matter for scoring if you can get enough merges in the first place. Most players will not pick armor units because they do not have the resources to get into the 720~730+ score range to avoid obnoxious defense teams. Armor units' poor mobility is a huge liability, and if Arena does not baby them with arbitrary scoring rules, armor units would immediately be bottom of the barrel units.

And dudes looking good does not really matter when most players are male.

Edited by XRay

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just figured more people would pick Ephraim or Hector because armors get better arena scoring, plus both look ridiculously good. Veronica and Celica aren't bad, but Celica doesn't really have a unique niche and Veronica, being on a horse, would have lower BST and lower arena scoring potential, I'd think.

Not everyone picks for arena.  Veronica's weapon has the same effect as Sothe's and she can attack on player phase and not be countered.  Veronica has helped me clear several maps already, she fills 2 roles on a team as a healer and as a decent ranged unit.  

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

Armor units only matter for scoring if you can get enough merges in the first place. Most players will not pick armor units because they do not have the resources to get into the 720~730+ score range to avoid obnoxious defense teams. Armor units' poor mobility is a huge liability, and if Arena does not baby them with arbitrary scoring rules, armor units would immediately be bottom of the barrel units.

And dudes looking good does not really matter when most players are male.

I guess that's fair.

I mean ridiculously good as units, not their designs... xP Besides, guys can find guys cool too, not just females.

4 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Not everyone picks for arena.  Veronica's weapon has the same effect as Sothe's and she can attack on player phase and not be countered.  Veronica has helped me clear several maps already, she fills 2 roles on a team as a healer and as a decent ranged unit.  

I see. I still don't need her though, and will probably fodder her if I end up getting her at some point down the road.

Edited by Anacybele

11 hours ago, Othin said:

What was your Reinhardt/Lyn/dancers strategy? I tried using that team but didn't get far.

Sorry about the late reply, but you seem to have succeeded anyways in your own way, gratz!

Since my Grima clear was self-made without guide, it was clunky and barely functional, but basically both are +Att, Rein has Lancebreaker, both had Blazing specials (or raging? Whatever, the one with 1,5 damage, my Azuras had Drive and Spur Att seals to kill Grima with Reinhardt, both horses had hone cavalry and Draw Back on Lyn, Repo on Reinhardt.

There were some specific turns to rack up special kills, but luckily I won't have to explain them as you managed on your own.

On a different note, am I the only one who thinks the golden Hairpin is really ugly on most units? It's weird considering the regular version is one of my favorite accessories, but the glow ruins the look on many units, next to gold being less pretty for a shell, imo.

7 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Sorry about the late reply, but you seem to have succeeded anyways in your own way, gratz!

Since my Grima clear was self-made without guide, it was clunky and barely functional, but basically both are +Att, Rein has Lancebreaker, both had Blazing specials (or raging? Whatever, the one with 1,5 damage, my Azuras had Drive and Spur Att seals to kill Grima with Reinhardt, both horses had hone cavalry and Draw Back on Lyn, Repo on Reinhardt.

There were some specific turns to rack up special kills, but luckily I won't have to explain them as you managed on your own.

On a different note, am I the only one who thinks the golden Hairpin is really ugly on most units? It's weird considering the regular version is one of my favorite accessories, but the glow ruins the look on many units, next to gold being less pretty for a shell, imo.

Its perfect, Anna snatched it right away when they gave Legendary Marth the beating. I like it, it looks kinda cool.

I actually ended up beating Marth Abyssal after all. I really had to improvise and eventually replaced Olivia with my Lene, though it took an umpteen amount of tries to complete. Screw you too, Abyssal mode. Here’s a middle finger.

Still haven’t beaten Robin’s yet though, and I’m really dreading it.