Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

that wont work on Marth unless you are running a  Cancel Affinity Lyn together with Reinhart. There is a Gronnraven Triangle adept Green mage right at the get go. And even then Lyn will lack the firepower to one shot stuff. I used my recently built +10 Reinhardt and he needed SPD seal and buffs from Regular Marth to quad the Armorer right of the get go with Lancebreaker ¬.¬ (Wary Fighter ahoi) But I guess there is allways a way to do it with rein and blyn and dancers.

I have Brave Lyn and a neutral +1 Reinhardt and a few dancers(flying Olivia, normal Olivia, performing Inigo). It's not enough. The Swordfighter has just enough bulk to survive a Death Blow Dire Thunder with Hone Calvary buffs and Lyn is very underhwleming since the units are too bulky. . 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So, I'm still struggling with infernal difficulties and I haven't even touched this new abyssal one for that reason. Apparently some players actually steamroll infernal battles though. How do they do that? I can't find any answers for Grima Robin or Marth.

Videos aren't helping so far either, as I don't have all the required pieces.

I admit, there's been one or two infernal battles I've actually steamrolled too (legendary Hector comes to mind). But this is rare for me. How are some players just so good? Is it just whales with teams full of +10 5 star units? I can't do that though...

I'd ignore abyssal if the reward wasn't a gold accessory. Those sound pretty, and I'd love to put the gold goggles on Summer Freddy. And actually be as good as some other players are. I just don't know how. I can't really read AI or anything. I can bait sometimes, but other times the way they move or order their attacks still just throws me off.

All I can see are these:

- They prioritize attacking enemies that can't counter them.
- They also seem to prioritize attacking healers and dancers.
- They also seem to attack units they can do the most damage to regardless of color advantage/disadvantage.

But there's more to it, because small stat and skill differences can affect the way enemies move too. It's this reason alone that sometimes videos don't work for me even if I use the same units.

Enemy dancers make things even worse, though in this case that doesn't apply since these LHBs don't have enemy dancers. I suppose I'm looking for a good teacher here who can show me some more things.

My main Infernal team is Elincia, Summer Corrin, NY Azura, and Spring Camilla. (Corrin and Camilla are both +1, but I don't think it affects much.) Whenever possible, I try to keep them in a square where Elincia and Azura use Fortify/Hone Fliers on both Corrin and Camilla so they can do ridiculous damage with blade tomes, then pull them out of harm's way with Sing and Reposition.

It doesn't work well if the enemies get too aggressive, like with the dancers in the summer festival Chain Challenge. But it worked fine for Marth Infernal.

As far as I can tell, defensive strategies are very hard to pull off against them, so the easiest way to deal with this kind of map tends to be powerful ranged attacks backed up by dancers and Reposition, so you don't have to get hit much.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

My main Infernal team is Elincia, Summer Corrin, NY Azura, and Spring Camilla. (Corrin and Camilla are both +1, but I don't think it affects much.) Whenever possible, I try to keep them in a square where Elincia and Azura use Fortify/Hone Fliers on both Corrin and Camilla so they can do ridiculous damage with blade tomes, then pull them out of harm's way with Sing and Reposition.

It doesn't work well if the enemies get too aggressive, like with the dancers in the summer festival Chain Challenge. But it worked fine for Marth Infernal.

As far as I can tell, defensive strategies are very hard to pull off against them, so the easiest way to deal with this kind of map tends to be powerful ranged attacks backed up by dancers and Reposition, so you don't have to get hit much.

Doesn't work for me. I don't have NY Azura or Spring Camilla. I tried to get the former too, but 300 orbs wasn't enough somehow. I also really despise Camilla, so I'd like to not use any version of her. I also never have blade tome fodder.

Sigh... Can no one help me?

I finally summoned a Nephenee and a Ninjabbit. At what cost? Owning a +7 Meisterhardt and Neph being -Atk.

Also, a +Spd, -HP Guddthra showed up and now she's +3 merged.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Doesn't work for me. I don't have NY Azura or Spring Camilla. I tried to get the former too, but 300 orbs wasn't enough somehow. I also really despise Camilla, so I'd like to not use any version of her. I also never have blade tome fodder.

Sigh... Can no one help me?

They're not the only options, just an example of the sort of blade tome + dancer strategy that can work. In particular, if you have Bride Ninian, she should work about as well on that sort of flier blade team as NY Azura.

Tharja, Odin, and Nino are all pretty common by now. Have you never pulled many of them, or did you do other things with the copies you pulled?

3 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

The only thing bugging me about abyssal is the limited time it's live (next to the boring inflation of stats, but what do I expect? It's not like they can do anything else than Zerg Rush with that AI). Don't give me the urgency of having to clear that crap quickly, thx.

Also, it's kinda sad when, even with bullshit stats like these, one still clears it with a +1 Reinhardt/+1 B!Lyn + 2 dancers. Though, that is only true for Robin atm, didn't attempt a lot of Marth yet.

Also also, atrocious pulls on the legendary banner today. Guess I'm back to my regular bad luck, meaning I'll pull Alfonse in the end with my last orbs, just to add insult to injury.

What was your Reinhardt/Lyn/dancers strategy? I tried using that team but didn't get far.

Marth is hard, those reinforcements are too much if you go in unprepared. My old team the Roy Show fortunately was able to clear Infernal Robin, although I wouldn't suggest this team to others. (Brave Roy, Reinhardt, Bride Ninian, Kinshi Hinoka) I think I just got lucky with my Repositions.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

They're not the only options, just an example of the sort of blade tome + dancer strategy that can work. In particular, if you have Bride Ninian, she should work about as well on that sort of flier blade team as NY Azura.

Tharja, Odin, and Nino are all pretty common by now. Have you never pulled many of them, or did you do other things with the copies you pulled?

What was your Reinhardt/Lyn/dancers strategy? I tried using that team but didn't get far.

I don't have Bride Ninian either and I would choose not to use her anyway since I'm not a Ninian fan. I don't have any flying dancers and I really tried to get one.

I don't have any red mages that would want the red blade tome, and Odin and Nino are better as R Tomebreaker and Draw Back fodder respectively for me. I was going to give Lilina Rauorblade, but then she got Forblaze. None of my other red mages want it since their current tomes are already great for them (Lilina has Forblaze, Morgan has Grima's Truth, Arvis has Valflame, Sanaki has Cymbeline, and Celica has Ragnarok). I also never have the feathers to upgrade someone to fodder a blade tome anyway.

I've tried using Reinhardt, CYL Lyn, Frederick, and RD Ike along with a dancer. But nothing works. I could leave Grima Robin as the last unit standing, but because she procs Bonfire right away, she one-rounds fucking everything. These battles give enemies way too much advantage imo.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have Bride Ninian either and I would choose not to use her anyway since I'm not a Ninian fan. I don't have any flying dancers and I really tried to get one.

I don't have any red mages that would want the red blade tome, and Odin and Nino are better as R Tomebreaker and Draw Back fodder respectively for me. I was going to give Lilina Rauorblade, but then she got Forblaze. None of my other red mages want it since their current tomes are already great for them (Lilina has Forblaze, Morgan has Grima's Truth, Arvis has Valflame, Sanaki has Cymbeline, and Celica has Ragnarok). I also never have the feathers to upgrade someone to fodder a blade tome anyway.

I've tried using Reinhardt, CYL Lyn, Frederick, and RD Ike along with a dancer. But nothing works. I could leave Grima Robin as the last unit standing, but because she procs Bonfire right away, she one-rounds fucking everything. These battles give enemies way too much advantage imo.

I don't think that really is a more effective use of Odin and Nino, if you're having this much trouble due to a shortage of blade tome users. You don't need R Tomebreaker on many units, if any at all, and there are other sources of Draw Back.

Infantry is harder to get to +6/6/6/6. Getting a good supply of non-infantry mages goes a long way to being able to do broken stuff with blade tomes, and the fact that I spent a bunch of orbs getting that supply is a key part of why I'm so effective now. Consider keeping an eye out for Eirika next time she shows up. Gleipnir is good, but with boosts, Raudhrblade is much better.

You don't necessarily need to inherit the + version of a blade tome, since you hit so hard losing a bit of damage isn't too big of a deal. I used 3* blade tomes for my first few months of having blade teams. But if you're that tight on feathers, it's worth considering where you might be able to free some up elsewhere.

If Grima OHKOs all your units, check the damage she deals with Bonfire and make sure to bring someone who can survive it.

I'm literally not even bothering with Abyssal, no one asked for this BS~

I've got both my Legendary Dad and a Reinhardt so I'm back to Orb hoarding~

Would really love to try to pull for Brave Lucina, Nephenee, and Faye, and even Alphonse but, it's probably better to hold on to the Orbs~ I can randomly pull them all except Alphonse at any time~

Holy Naga's crap was Abyssal hard. Took me like dozens of tries on both. Ran BH!Lyn, Olivia, NS!Corrin, and BB!Ninian, and besides BB!Ninian, everyone else is +10.

I tried my Arena team at first, but Reinhardt simply cannot perform, so I swapped him out for NS!Corrin with Blárblade. I also tried my armor team, but that was quickly shutdown on FV!F!Robin's map. Have not tried armor team on HK!Marth's map, but I do not want to torture myself any further.

One Summer Corrin was good, so I decided to make another.

tumblr_pe6lekObHZ1rj8duz_540.png

Trying out Tana/Corrin/Ninian/Azura for Robin Abyssal. Having a second dancer is a big help, but I haven't been able to quite pull it off yet.

4 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Also, it's kinda sad when, even with bullshit stats like these, one still clears it with a +1 Reinhardt/+1 B!Lyn + 2 dancers. Though, that is only true for Robin atm, didn't attempt a lot of Marth yet.

Rein and B!Lyn being good never had anything to do with their BST, so they aren't as affected by huge stat increases. Their default state is fighting people with more stats, so they aren't really that sensitive to the people with more stats getting more stats.

That said, Robin's a lot easier than Marth, Marth has 3 reinforcements every turn for like 5 turns, and they spawn in different corners, so it's a bit hectic. (I would've cleared it easier if I went and built a team for it, but I wanted to try clearing it with my regular team with as few changes as possible---had to swap out Slaying on Cordelia for Brave; Sacae's for Cancel Affinity,  Atk + 3 S-seal for Savage Blow 1 on Lyn; and fort Res for Iote's on Azura. With a tad more merges I think I could've just cleared it with their arena skillset, but Lyn being +1 meant all the matchups were barely on the edge of working, whereas Rein's +6 demolished pretty much everyone.)

Edited by DehNutCase

36 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think that really is a more effective use of Odin and Nino, if you're having this much trouble due to a shortage of blade tome users. You don't need R Tomebreaker on many units, if any at all, and there are other sources of Draw Back.

Infantry is harder to get to +6/6/6/6. Getting a good supply of non-infantry mages goes a long way to being able to do broken stuff with blade tomes, and the fact that I spent a bunch of orbs getting that supply is a key part of why I'm so effective now. Consider keeping an eye out for Eirika next time she shows up. Gleipnir is good, but with boosts, Raudhrblade is much better.

You don't necessarily need to inherit the + version of a blade tome, since you hit so hard losing a bit of damage isn't too big of a deal. I used 3* blade tomes for my first few months of having blade teams. But if you're that tight on feathers, it's worth considering where you might be able to free some up elsewhere.

If Grima OHKOs all your units, check the damage she deals with Bonfire and make sure to bring someone who can survive it.

Nino is the only Draw Back fodder I ever really get much. Anything else is scarce for some reason. Also, I don't really have any mages that want a blade tome anyway, now that I look at them. Summer Corrin already has her Sealife tome which is good, Linde has Aura which is good, Nino herself already comes with a blade tome, obviously, Reinhardt definitely wants to keep his Dire Thunder, Witch Nowi likes her Grimoire and so on. I see no reason to change any of these weapons since these units have served me well enough.

How am I supposed to "free up" more feathers?

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nino is the only Draw Back fodder I ever really get much. Anything else is scarce for some reason. Also, I don't really have any mages that want a blade tome anyway, now that I look at them. Summer Corrin already has her Sealife tome which is good, Linde has Aura which is good, Nino herself already comes with a blade tome, obviously, Reinhardt definitely wants to keep his Dire Thunder, Witch Nowi likes her Grimoire and so on. I see no reason to change any of these weapons since these units have served me well enough.

How am I supposed to "free up" more feathers?

Actually, Summer Corrin and Halloween Nowi's damage output goes through the roof with bladetomes, Sealife's tome is practically ignorable since it gives such little boosts, and Halloween Nowi's tome is a little situatonal, but your choice.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You don't get Fae, Mae, or Sully? That's odd.

Dire Thunder is a fantastic weapon Reinhardt's stats are well suited for, but you can get way more mileage out of blade tomes than anything else you listed. I think you're underestimating them because you've never tried using one under full +6/6/6/6 boosts, where it functions as a 37-Mt weapon. (Or 33-Mt, for the 3* version.)

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

You don't get Fae, Mae, or Sully? That's odd.

Dire Thunder is a fantastic weapon Reinhardt's stats are well suited for, but you can get way more mileage out of blade tomes than anything else you listed. I think you're underestimating them because you've never tried using one under full +6/6/6/6 boosts, where it functions as a 37-Mt weapon. (Or 33-Mt, for the 3* version.)

I've gotten one Fae recently, but before that, I can't remember the last time I pulled any of those three. It is kind of odd.

I've used Nino's though. So I know what blade tomes are like.

11 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Actually, Summer Corrin and Halloween Nowi's damage output goes through the roof with bladetomes, Sealife's tome is practically ignorable since it gives such little boosts, and Halloween Nowi's tome is a little situatonal, but your choice.

I suppose Sealife tome's boosts are a bit underwhelming, but Grimoire gives Witch Nowi nice movement shenanigans.

I have enough feathers right now for one 5 star upgrade. But I was planning to use those to give Kaze another merge since I'm looking to +10 him. Still, I have a spare Odin and Nino, but I still don't know who I'd give those tomes to and which one I should upgrade for foddering.

I've gotten one Fae recently, but before that, I can't remember the last time I pulled any of those three. It is kind of odd.

I've used Nino's though. So I know what blade tomes are like.

I suppose Sealife tome's boosts are a bit underwhelming, but Grimoire gives Witch Nowi nice movement shenanigans.

I have enough feathers right now for one 5 star upgrade. But I was planning to use those to give Kaze another merge since I'm looking to +10 him. Still, I have a spare Odin and Nino, but I still don't know who I'd give those tomes to and which one I should upgrade for foddering.

Blade tomes on infantry are good, but it's a lot harder to get to high boost counts.

Based on the units you've mentioned having, my recommendation is to try upgrading Odin and giving his Blarblade+ to Summer Corrin, if you think you'd be able to pair her with Hone and Fortify Fliers to get the full boosts. She's fast enough to get great use out of it, and it'll give you a chance to try out that kind of strategy to see if it's worth continuing to invest in similar units.

Personally, my Summer Corrin runs the same set I posted my Tana with a few posts up: Blarblade+, Reposition, Glimmer, Fury, Desperation, and Goad Fliers. Those aren't all necessary, but if you're curious about other things to round out the set, those can be some starting points. (Fury + Desperation, in particular, is really great for letting her 2HKO powerful enemies before they can counter and kill her.)

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Blade tomes on infantry are good, but it's a lot harder to get to high boost counts.

Based on the units you've mentioned having, my recommendation is to try upgrading Odin and giving his Blarblade+ to Summer Corrin, if you think you'd be able to pair her with Hone and Fortify Fliers to get the full boosts. She's fast enough to get great use out of it, and it'll give you a chance to try out that kind of strategy to see if it's worth continuing to invest in similar units.

Personally, my Summer Corrin runs the same set I posted my Tana with a few posts up: Blarblade+, Reposition, Glimmer, Fury, Desperation, and Goad Fliers. Those aren't all necessary, but if you're curious about other things to round out the set, those can be some starting points. (Fury + Desperation, in particular, is really great for letting her 2HKO powerful enemies before they can counter and kill her.)

I guess.

Uh, isn't Summer Tana a red mage? She can't have Blarblade. Also, another thing, the archers on Marth's map make using fliers a bad idea anyway. Might work on Grima Robin's though.

I'm not even going to attempt abyssal unless someone posts a f2p guide for it. Too hard, and don't really need to get the gold accessories. TOO MUCH HP.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I guess.

Uh, isn't Summer Tana a red mage? She can't have Blarblade. Also, another thing, the archers on Marth's map make using fliers a bad idea anyway. Might work on Grima Robin's though.

Same set aside from color, I mean. Meant to add that but forgot. Tana has Raudhrblade.

I've killed a lot of archers with my blade fliers. It can be tricky, but it's doable. At high difficulties, any attack tends to be pretty lethal anyway. But yeah, I do think fliers seem better suited for Grima's map than Marth's.

Edited by Othin

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, isn't Summer Tana a red mage? She can't have Blarblade.

"The same set I posted my Tana with a few posts up" means Litrblade+, Reposition, Glimmer, Fury, Desperation, and Goad Fliers. It doesn't matter what color the Litrblade is to be considered the same set, just like how Slaying Edge, Slaying Lance, and Slaying Axe are interchangeable depending on the color of the unit and swapping the weapon type to match is implied.

Edited by Ice Dragon

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"The same set I posted my Tana with a few posts up" means Litrblade+, Reposition, Glimmer, Fury, Desperation, and Goad Fliers. It doesn't matter what color the Litrblade is to be considered the same set, just like how Slaying Edge, Slaying Lance, and Slaying Axe are interchangeable depending on the color of the unit and swapping the weapon type to match is implied.

Okay, but out of curiosity, what's the "Litr" part supposed to mean?

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

Same set aside from color, I mean. Meant to add that but forgot. Tana has Raudhrblade.

I've killed a lot of archers with my blade fliers. It can be tricky, but it's doable. At high difficulties, any attack tends to be pretty lethal anyway. But yeah, I do think fliers seem better suited for Grima's map than Marth's.

Oh, okay.

Okay, but your fliers probably take a lot of damage in return, don't they?

Okay, but out of curiosity, what's the "Litr" part supposed to mean?

"Raudhr" is Old Norse for "red". "Blar" is Old Norse for "blue". "Gronn" is Old Norse for "green". "Litr" is Old Norse for "color". My own little shorthand.

Edited by Ice Dragon